PDA

View Full Version : UFC 122 - your thoughts!

donjitsu2
11-13-2010, 06:55 PM
The fight is tonight (actually pretty soon as I'm writing this).

I don't really care about anything but the main event, so here's my prediction for that fight:

Main Event:
Marquardt vs. Okami

I'm giving this one to Marquardt by descision. Though, I don't really know that much about Okami so this could be a decent fight.

I want to hear what you guys have to say.

SenseiShellie
11-13-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm going with Nathan for this fight. I like Yushin Okami, but I don't think he'll win.

donjitsu2
11-13-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm going with Nathan for this fight. I like Yushin Okami, but I don't think he'll win.

Yeah, Okami looks good. But most of the people who are pulling for him seem to be doing so because he beat Anderson Silva a while back. I don't Okami could beat Silva again.

SenseiShellie
11-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah, Okami looks good. But most of the people who are pulling for him seem to be doing so because he beat Anderson Silva a while back. I don't Okami could beat Silva again.

i highly doubt that he could be him again as well.

donjitsu2
11-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Well, I was wrong. Okami wins by decision.

He did great. Controlled the fight the enitre time.

Marquardt did good as well, but seemed timid at times.

Pretty good fight. It was a little frustration though. I'm really not a fan of the decision and would have really liked to see a submission, KO, TKO - something with more closure.

SenseiShellie
11-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Well, I was wrong. Okami wins by decision.

He did great. Controlled the fight the enitre time.

Marquardt did good as well, but seemed timid at times.

Pretty good fight. It was a little frustration though. I'm really not a fan of the decision and would have really liked to see a submission, KO, TKO - something with more closure.

I'm saddened that I have to be working and did not get to see the fight :(

Yung Apprentice
11-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Marquardt looked a little too reluctant to throw punches.

I really wanted to see the Alexio Sakkarro fight, but apparently he was ill.

Siver looked good against Andre Winner.

I had Nick Osipczak beating Duane Ludwig, but I have seen worse decisions.

Never saw Karlos Vemola fight, but he looked bad ass against Petruzelli.

Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Goran Reljic was a good fight. I was disapointed in Goran, I always think he is a better fighter than he might really be.

Kris Mccray needs to seriously learn submission defense.

Syn7
11-17-2010, 02:08 AM
i thought it was funny that krystof used an oil check on goran... which is illegal mma, ofcourse...

theres a wrestler who was charged with like 25 counts of rape for using this move... which ironically is taught in any and all wrestling programs...

i love grappling, but im hard pressed to defend it when others call it gay...

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/olympic_oil_check.jpg