PDA

View Full Version : Something that's been bugging me...

Drake
11-14-2010, 07:57 PM
I just wrote a very long post about how I am sick of people touting their style as being combat authentic and that's why everyone else's style sucks. And that some of us just want to enjoy our time learning the art, and have no intention of fighting to the death with anyone. Instead, I just leave you with this.

PBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT! :D

Syn7
11-14-2010, 08:14 PM
i second that emotion...............:mad::o:eek::rolleyes::D

David Jamieson
11-15-2010, 05:44 AM
say what you mean and mean what you say.

redaction is reduction. :p

goju
11-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Cant you just admit the stlyes that are superioR just so conviently happen to be the ones i do!

kungfoozer
11-15-2010, 06:43 AM
I just wrote a very long post about how I am sick of people touting their style as being combat authentic and that's why everyone else's style sucks. And that some of us just want to enjoy our time learning the art, and have no intention of fighting to the death with anyone. Instead, I just leave you with this.

PBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT! :D

I second that too. But another first would be for non-combat styles to stop touting their effectiveness when they don't train combat. That would lighten the load significantly in this debate.

ShaolinDan
11-15-2010, 07:20 AM
I agree with the first post too. Combat effectiveness is relative anyway. Even though my experiences in MA training prior to my current school were pretty 'poor,' they still made me more combat effective than if I hadn't trained at all. But really, learning how to move with precision, control, and balance in normal daily life has been much more meaningful to me than learning to 'fight.'

TenTigers
11-15-2010, 09:09 AM
I think it's people that either are, or aren't combat effective.

sanjuro_ronin
11-15-2010, 09:30 AM
I think it's people that either are, or aren't combat effective.

Crazy talk, you obviously have no clue about the real, authentic, verifiable, passed on from the generations, perfected in battle and taught only behind closed doors to oiled and naked neophytes TCMA !!

hskwarrior
11-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Crazy talk, you obviously have no clue about the real, authentic, verifiable, passed on from the generations, perfected in battle and taught only behind closed doors to oiled and naked neophytes TCMA !!

Oh, didn't get any last night did ya? sorry bout that...maybe next time. :D

Iron_Eagle_76
11-15-2010, 02:38 PM

The Realz

http://www.nerdsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/spartan2.jpg