PDA

View Full Version : Science Saved My Soul

Violent Designs
11-18-2010, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAJ-LZrxS5w

Wow, inspiring video.

sanjuro_ronin
11-18-2010, 11:36 AM
For those that don't get youtube at work...

Violent Designs
11-20-2010, 01:06 PM
"Religions tell children they might go to hell and they must believe, while science tells children they came from the stars and presents reasoning they can believe."

SoCo KungFu
11-20-2010, 02:44 PM
"Its like the universe screams in your face, "Do you know what I am? How grand I am? How old I am? Can you even comprehend what I am? What are you compared to me?" And when you know it as science, you can just smile up at the universe and reply, "Dude, I am you."

That's my favorite part. That and about how we are all made up of particles that were originally stars blast apart in supernovae that formed our world and in time, us. It's gonna be nice out. I think I'll go star gazing tonight :D

Hardwork108
11-21-2010, 09:02 AM
"Its like the universe screams in your face, "Do you know what I am? How grand I am? How old I am? Can you even comprehend what I am? What are you compared to me?" And when you know it as science, you can just smile up at the universe and reply, "Dude, I am you."

That's my favorite part. That and about how we are all made up of particles that were originally stars blast apart in supernovae that formed our world and in time, us.

For some, "Dude, I am you", also means that the universe is conscious and alive, and we are part of that see of consciousness.

It's gonna be nice out. I think I'll go star gazing tonight

If you really want to really see the universe, then you should meditate and practice chi kung. Perhaps then you will see the true wisdom behind authentic TCMA practice, and the concept of "chi".;)

David Jamieson
11-21-2010, 09:46 AM
For me, the vastness of the universe and all the things known and unknown within it does not preclude a god.

The corruptions of organized religions also does not preclude a god.

The only thing that excludes god, is people. God is there whether you believe in god or not. Whether you ahve a religion or not, whether the universe is, or is not.

The rules of organized religion have more to do with men and their view than with god.

Just pointing it out. :)

Syn7
11-21-2010, 04:12 PM
For some, "Dude, I am you", also means that the universe is conscious and alive, and we are part of that see of consciousness.

If you really want to really see the universe, then you should meditate and practice chi kung. Perhaps then you will see the true wisdom behind authentic TCMA practice, and the concept of "chi".;)

enough... ur a fukcing broken record... u come across like a whiteboy that wishes he were chinese... you really need to just stop, pay attention, and take a minute to pull all those d!cks out of your mouth... seriously... ur worse than a rehabilitated drug addict born again christian....

Hardwork108
11-22-2010, 08:05 PM
For me, the vastness of the universe and all the things known and unknown within it does not preclude a god.
Depends on what we define as "god". I am assuming that you are not assuming a male god seating on the top of the clouds and keeping an eye on Hardwork's extramarital acitivities....LOL

The corruptions of organized religions also does not preclude a god.
Of course not. The corruption of organized religions is based on the fact that they were created (invented) to control human beings by the above average intelligent elite, who today do the same, as well as run the world economy, through banking/corporate cartels.

The only thing that excludes god, is people. God is there whether you believe in god or not. Whether you ahve a religion or not, whether the universe is, or is not.
We are infinite consciousness and infinite consciousness is us.;)

The rules of organized religion have more to do with men and their view than with god.
IMHO, organized religion has nothing to do with god, even if those who follow it may think otherwise.

Organized religion's purpose throughout the centuries has been to control human beings through brainwashing; divide and rule, and dumbing down, on one level, and hijacking their spirituality and stopping them from opening their eyes to the truth of our existance and the real power structure and reasons for all the misery that has been part of our history for centuries.

Just pointing it out. :)

Me too! :D

Hardwork108
11-22-2010, 08:12 PM
enough... ur a fukcing broken record... u come across like a whiteboy that wishes he were chinese...

To be honest, I am happy with the race I am, thank you very much!

Having said that, I would be honored if I were Chinese too. The Chinese, just like my own race, have a long and rich history and culture. Their accomplishments in art and the sciences are envied (at least by those who have brains), and as you may know, their traditional martial arts are the best and the most effective on the planet, that is, if you are lucky enough to get authentic tuition and have the intellectual and spiritual intellect to stick to it.

So go and eat your hamburger and fries, and then burp loudly to get some much needed attention, and let us, the superior races alone....:D

you really need to just stop, pay attention, and take a minute to pull all those d!cks out of your mouth...
See what I mean?

That is sheer bad manners and ignorance, based on your years of practicing Mc Kung fu. I don't blame you though, as most schools out there are mediocre, hence people like you and their confused statements.......

seriously... ur worse than a rehabilitated drug addict born again christian....

Well, we all know where most of drug addicts and born again Christians come from, don't we?;)

On a related note, I really wish that many of those who claim to study "kung fu" (LOL!), would at least try and go beyond the purely kick and punch level, and improve themselves from within, but I guess Big Macs, will always be Big Macs, while homemade gourmet food that takes long hours to prepare, will always be gourmet, fit for those who are prepared and cultured enough to get the most out of them, on multiple levels.;):cool:

SanHeChuan
11-22-2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAJ-LZrxS5w

Wow, inspiring video.

What evidence has science provided that you even have a soul. :confused:

Violent Designs
11-23-2010, 05:03 AM

None.

Notice the part "if I have such a thing called a soul, then science saved it?"

It's a figure of speech man.

David Jamieson
11-23-2010, 06:47 AM

NDE research in Northern Europe indicates that consciousness does not require a body. Oddly enough..I know! It's interesting isn't it and the implication is huge!

So, there's a little evidence for it. Take it for what it is.

here: http://profezie3m.altervista.org/archivio/TheLancet_NDE.htm

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2010, 07:23 AM

Or a conscience? or a thought?

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2010, 07:25 AM
"Religions tell children they might go to hell and they must believe, while science tells children they came from the stars and presents reasoning they can believe."

Some religions do this, this is true.
Fear USED to have a very powerful effect on people, still does.
Many religious people believed that the "ends justified the means" so converting via fear was OK because you were "Saving souls".
I guess in their view it was easier than converting with love, compassion and forgiveness ( also taught by religion).
Of course even today there are people like that, people that believe that the ends justify the means.
They are wrong of course, but eh, such is life.

David Jamieson
11-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Some religions do this, this is true.
Fear USED to have a very powerful effect on people, still does.
Many religious people believed that the "ends justified the means" so converting via fear was OK because you were "Saving souls".
I guess in their view it was easier than converting with love, compassion and forgiveness ( also taught by religion).
Of course even today there are people like that, people that believe that the ends justify the means.
They are wrong of course, but eh, such is life.

The church creates all these constructs of having one person thinking they can actually convert another person and so on. It is of course utter nonsense as the only way that anyone comes to god is by their own free will and accord and understanding.

putting on a cloth does nothing more than put a cloth on. it's what is in the heart and mind that counts and if people convert because they are afraid of the consequences, they aren't doing anything at all are they? :)

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2010, 07:32 AM
The church creates all these constructs of having one person thinking they can actually convert another person and so on. It is of course utter nonsense as the only way that anyone comes to god is by their own free will and accord and understanding.

putting on a cloth does nothing more than put a cloth on. it's what is in the heart and mind that counts and if people convert because they are afraid of the consequences, they aren't doing anything at all are they? :)

100% correct.
It is, in the end, always about control on the part of the organized religious heiarchy.
As you know I am a Christian and best describes as an "old catholic", which means I believe in universal salvation for all ( God; gift of Grace through Christ).
Some denominations believe that only those "predestined" by God will ever "find God" and other believe that only those "born again" will be saved.
Of course in the bible you will find SELECTED passages to support BOTH views, simply because when taken out of context almost anything ever written can be used to support almost any view !

David Jamieson
11-23-2010, 07:57 AM
100% correct.
It is, in the end, always about control on the part of the organized religious heiarchy.
As you know I am a Christian and best describes as an "old catholic", which means I believe in universal salvation for all ( God; gift of Grace through Christ).
Some denominations believe that only those "predestined" by God will ever "find God" and other believe that only those "born again" will be saved.
Of course in the bible you will find SELECTED passages to support BOTH views, simply because when taken out of context almost anything ever written can be used to support almost any view !

Yes, it covers all those paths that you will find in any church. Because all those paths are open to begin with.

You can find God's love through many ways, but when you do, you will find it in your heart and mind where it's always been and God's love, is your love expanded to others!

God reveals, to those who open their eyes and there is no language or set ritual to that. For some people, the construct of religion and church helps them to make the bridge in themselves.

For others, it is a blockade of confusing doctrine and dogma and fear that is driven by self interest. Takes time with them.

And then, there is the tale of the wheat and the thales in the Christian way. One of my personal favorites when it comes to discussing how some religious institutions are judgmental at their base.

Do not judge. :)

sanjuro_ronin
11-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Yes, it covers all those paths that you will find in any church. Because all those paths are open to begin with.

You can find God's love through many ways, but when you do, you will find it in your heart and mind where it's always been and God's love, is your love expanded to others!

God reveals, to those who open their eyes and there is no language or set ritual to that. For some people, the construct of religion and church helps them to make the bridge in themselves.

For others, it is a blockade of confusing doctrine and dogma and fear that is driven by self interest. Takes time with them.

And then, there is the tale of the wheat and the thales in the Christian way. One of my personal favorites when it comes to discussing how some religious institutions are judgmental at their base.

Do not judge. :)

Well said Bro,
I am also very found of the "sheep and goats" parable in Matthew.

Syn7
11-24-2010, 08:54 PM
So go and eat your hamburger and fries, and then burp loudly to get some much needed attention, and let us, the superior races alone....:D

thats a massive assumption... im actually a strict vegan...

That is sheer bad manners and ignorance, based on your years of practicing Mc Kung fu. I don't blame you though, as most schools out there are mediocre, hence people like you and their confused statements.......

you have no idea what i have learned or who i have learned it from... i dont make assumptions about what you have learned... i go by what you say... and when i insult you, its on a personal level because i think youre a geek, not because of how you train, but because of how you converse and how repetative you are...

On a related note, I really wish that many of those who claim to study "kung fu" (LOL!), would at least try and go beyond the purely kick and punch level, and improve themselves from within, but I guess Big Macs, will always be Big Macs, while homemade gourmet food that takes long hours to prepare, will always be gourmet, fit for those who are prepared and cultured enough to get the most out of them, on multiple levels.;):cool:

again, what mc kung fu did i learn??? are you gonna tell me what i know and dont know now? im curious, by all means make a list...

and your food metaphor is weak... you can eat very healthy very tasty food that takes minutes, even seconds to prepare... esspecially if you are a true gourmet and keep it whole... if you even know what im talking about...

Syn7
11-24-2010, 08:58 PM
yeah you cannot change people... but you can help facilitate and guide that metamorphisis...

Hardwork108
11-24-2010, 09:53 PM
thats a massive assumption... im actually a strict vegan...
Tell me, what do the vegans eat to make them burp loudly in public? :D

you have no idea what i have learned
Oh yes I do!

or who i have learned it from...
Irrelevant, when one has an idea of what you have learned. ;)

i dont make assumptions about what you have learned...
It seems that you do.....

i go by what you say...
You "go" by what I say alright, but you do not seem to have the facilities to understand what I am saying, most of the time, but I guess that you are in good company....

You need to understand, that most people who post here do not, and have never practiced kung fu authentically, so forgive me for being a little "tongue in cheek", when conversing with them.

I don't mean harm, just that it is difficult to take some of them seriously, even those with the usual "decades" of experience......

and when i insult you, its on a personal level because i think youre a geek,
Define "geek"!

not because of how you train, but because of how you converse and how repetative you are...
Well, you should look at some of the people I converse with in a world full of Mcdojos!;)

again, what mc kung fu did i learn??? are you gonna tell me what i know and dont know now? im curious, by all means make a list...
My few lifetimes left on this earth are too short for that. Why don't you list it yourself?

and your food metaphor is weak... you can eat very healthy very tasty food that takes minutes, even seconds to prepare...

I am sure, yet there is gourmet food that takes time to prepare marinate. There is a reason for this "kung fu". ;)

esspecially if you are a true gourmet and keep it whole... if you even know what im talking about...

When I was growing up (and I still am :D), every meal I had was gourmet, but thanks for trying to teach me more.

Syn7
11-25-2010, 04:41 PM
:rolleyes:

ur still pretty young ay... just go away... im not gonna go back and forth with you... this post isnt even worth my time...

Hardwork108
11-25-2010, 04:54 PM
:rolleyes:

ur still pretty young ay... just go away... im not gonna go back and forth with you... this post isnt even worth my time...

Hey, you started it....LOL!

Why do I bother with you guys honestly? You never learn!!!

By the way, I am 47 years young.:cool:

Now run along and find real kung fu school and after a few years you will not misunderstand me anymore. ;)

Syn7
11-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Hey, you started it....LOL!

Why do I bother with you guys honestly? You never learn!!!

By the way, I am 47 years young.:cool:

Now run along and find real kung fu school and after a few years you will not misunderstand me anymore. ;)

u still havent told me what i know???

what makes you think i dont understand you??? i even agree with some of what you say... you made the assumption that i didnt... assumptions assumptions assumptions... youre 47? you should know better...

i talk this way to you because your a broken record and you just keep repeating yourself... WE HEARD YOU!!!

ok, take your last word and fukc off... unless youre gonna drop that list, that is...

oh, and no, you didnt grasp the gourmet comment...

David Jamieson
11-26-2010, 06:00 AM

what makes you think i dont understand you??? i even agree with some of what you say... you made the assumption that i didnt... assumptions assumptions assumptions... youre 47? you should know better...

i talk this way to you because your a broken record and you just keep repeating yourself... WE HEARD YOU!!!

ok, take your last word and fukc off... unless youre gonna drop that list, that is...

This makes me lol.
Reading that quote form hardwork in your response has me understanding him a little more now.

Anyway, don't let him troll you. He is very close minded in his approach and is in denial about his own failures and then in recognizing he is wrong will just troll it and turn it back on you even when it makes utterly no sense at all.

I suspect he is an emotionally troubled individual with a narcissism complex that he is in denial about and cannot identify and does not have the ways or means to get help through therapy and feedback like a normal perosn would do because he likely has serious trust issues as well.

People are funny like that. They seem to think they can go out into the big old world and do it alone and be all shiny.

Well ain't that not the truth? We all need each other to grow and in denying each other to spite our selves is folly.

Gee, I think I'm feeling pity for the guy. Maybe that's what he was looking for.
Well, nope, I'm gonna keep him on ignore.

I took him off, but reconsidered after he helped me to realize that he really isn't worth reading his drivel and twisted sense of whatever he thinks martial arts are. :)

Lucas
11-26-2010, 11:37 AM
You are all just an aspect of my reality, none of you exist other than as manifestations within the realm of my conciousness, and are thus bound by totality of that which is my psyche. When I move on to the next phase, you all cease to be necessary.

But don't worry, I'm vast and all that...

;)

sanjuro_ronin
11-26-2010, 11:51 AM
You are all just an aspect of my reality, none of you exist other than as manifestations within the realm of my conciousness, and are thus bound by totality of that which is my psyche. When I move on to the next phase, you all cease to be necessary.

But don't worry, I'm vast and all that...

;)

Hows this for reality:
http://www.xxx4free.tv/t/druuna_pick6.jpg

Lucas
11-26-2010, 12:29 PM
My reality just shows a red X :p

sanjuro_ronin
11-26-2010, 12:48 PM

Some people ate just not cool enough.

Lucas
11-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Some people ate just not cool enough.

I did just eat lunch...

:p

Syn7
11-26-2010, 07:20 PM

thats funny, im still laughing.... knowing SR and his addiction, im sure you can field a decent guess as to what the pic was...

Syn7
11-26-2010, 07:24 PM
This makes me lol.
Reading that quote form hardwork in your response has me understanding him a little more now.

Anyway, don't let him troll you. He is very close minded in his approach and is in denial about his own failures and then in recognizing he is wrong will just troll it and turn it back on you even when it makes utterly no sense at all.

I suspect he is an emotionally troubled individual with a narcissism complex that he is in denial about and cannot identify and does not have the ways or means to get help through therapy and feedback like a normal perosn would do because he likely has serious trust issues as well.

People are funny like that. They seem to think they can go out into the big old world and do it alone and be all shiny.

Well ain't that not the truth? We all need each other to grow and in denying each other to spite our selves is folly.

Gee, I think I'm feeling pity for the guy. Maybe that's what he was looking for.

I took him off, but reconsidered after he helped me to realize that he really isn't worth reading his drivel and twisted sense of whatever he thinks martial arts are. :)

ive never really argued with the guy, now i see why most dont tho... i dont have anyone on ignore, i just skip over the annoying...
i just dont have the energy to waste on matching him quote for quote over and over again for no reason whatsoever... so what, he's a twitt, im happy to just leave it at that... i'll always have time to throw up the middle and say something rude...;) but i dont always have the time, or patience, to explain why... its for me and me alone... purely selfish, purely ego... gotta fead the beast...

Hardwork108
11-27-2010, 03:43 PM
What is there to tell. You are like most posters here in that you know everything....

what makes you think i dont understand you???
Maybe you understand me, but not enough to know that a lot of the time I am being tongue in cheek, specially with people who don't really practice TCMAs in any serious way.;)

i even agree with some of what you say...
That would be because you know everything...lol

you made the assumption that i didnt... assumptions assumptions assumptions... youre 47? you should know better...
Am I "assuming" that you know everything?

With all due respect, when one is interacting with people whose idea and understanding of good kung fu is strictly limited to gaining the ability to stand in a ring and withstand brain damage (without apparent success, it seems) day after day, then repetition would seem the order of the day....

What is there to list, you know everything.....

Well, when you really grasp my kung fu comments, then I will grasp your gourmet ones, I promise! LOL!

Hardwork108
11-27-2010, 03:57 PM
This makes me lol.
Look, with all due respect. This is a kung fu forum, so why don't you give priority to understanding TCMA methodologies (believe me, you need it), instead of assumming that you understand individual posters? Furthermore, your friend Syn7, does not like "assumptions"....;)

Anyway, don't let him troll you.
I was not "trolling" him and was not even interacting with him when he addressed me with an insulting post.

The same goes with you. I was not posting to you either.

He is very close minded in his approach and is in denial about his own failures and then in recognizing he is wrong will just troll it and turn it back on you even when it makes utterly no sense at all.
I don't know what you are talking about, but you still seem to be sore from previous discussions with me.

I was fine until I read your post. I would humbly suggest that you take your "emotionally balanced" self and limit your forum activities to bullying and intimidating new posters, just like you always like to do.

Talk about emotional stability....LOL!

Well, some of us shine and others like you spend your time on the internet back stabbing people just because you do not have enough knowledge to understand what they are saying.....

The day I need someone like you to help me grow is the day I shoot myself. Seriously, you are the one with issues, but you love to reflect that on other posters!

I wish I could feel pity for you, but you don't deserve it. You bring your own problems on yourself, and you are the one who will have to ultimately solve your "issues".

Yep, keep selling your "ignore" fantasy. Interesting that you are indirectly referring to me, while you have me on "ignore". LOL!

Once you start authentic TCMA practice (hopefully, in this lifetime), then you will understand my "drivel"...

Until then, please do keep me "on ignore"....LOL!

Hardwork108
11-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Hows this for reality:
http://www.xxx4free.tv/t/druuna_pick6.jpg

CHRIST!

What a coincidence Sanjuro, I was just posting to a couple of asses, myself!:D

Hardwork108
11-27-2010, 04:10 PM
its for me and me alone... purely selfish, purely ego... gotta feed the beast...

Which brings me back to another reason why you should practice more chi kung and meditation......;)

It is funny how things go in circles.....you are back where you entered this thread (even if, un-invited), but hopefully, by now more enlightened......