PDA

View Full Version : An Addictive Game

Sam Wiley
10-30-2001, 04:58 AM
How many of you guys play Counter Strike?

This has got to be the most addictive game I have ever played!

The only problem I have with the game is that too many people have no clue about military tactics and just run amok.

But it's fun nevertheless. :D

Martial Joe
10-30-2001, 05:03 AM
I have been playing UFC on my dreamscast everyday for like 3 hours for like 2 months...

I am a loser...no wonder why...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

SevenStar
10-30-2001, 05:11 AM
Joe, haven't you learned anything? If you want to learn to fight, you must play Tekken. get rid of your UFC game.

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

krome
10-30-2001, 06:31 AM
I am the CS master... I r0x0r a bunch of people tonight, be fore I checked this place.

Use what works not what looks pretty.

Ozihn
10-30-2001, 06:58 AM
Team Fortress Classic is better than CS, because in CS <60% of the people cheat :(
The best games (soon to be out) are "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" for the computer and "Halo" for the X-Box. :)

http://www.tutorialforums.com/images/smilies/New/classic.gif

Martial Joe
10-30-2001, 07:33 AM
Seven...NEVER!!!

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

Braden
10-30-2001, 08:24 AM
Sam... CS is awesome. Have you played TFC yet? I like it better, but that's because I like classes/customization. CS is the closest thing to paintball I've found on the computer yet though, and I love paintball. You're right though, most people are idiots. Have you played Hitman yet? It's not multiplayer, which sucks, but it's still incredible - I swore off single player computer games years ago, but spent a sick amount of time playing Hitman this year.

tsunami surfer
10-30-2001, 08:32 AM
Sam I have never played CS but im from GA. I live in augusta, where are you from???e

soy
10-30-2001, 08:34 AM
I've been playing GTA 3 for ps2 a lot lately. It's very entertaining.

I spent about 2 or so years playing CS for a few hours almost every day. My clan played in a few leagues and supposedly we did pretty well.

I'm more of a follower of RPGs though. Theres one coming out in a not too long time called Shadowbane. They have lots of cool motion capture of various improv/kung fu/etc weapon forms in the game. Should be interesting to see!

the website for the game is www.shadowbane.com (http://www.shadowbane.com)

:)

P.S. Someone mentioned hitman. That game was indeed incredible.

tnwingtsun
10-30-2001, 10:13 AM
tsunami surfer

"Sam I have never played CS but im from GA. I live in augusta, where are you from???e"

Is the Whipping Post still on Broad St.??

Is Clark Hill Lake still wet?? :D :D

A couple of my favorites.

http://www.battlefront.com/products/worldwar/cm/

http://zone.msn.com/fighterace/

Callsign-RGP_WEJOHN_1

[This message was edited by tnwingtsun on 10-31-01 at 12:24 AM.]

Kristoffer
10-30-2001, 10:37 AM
Is GTA 3 any good? Is it like the previous ones at all?

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

SevenStar
10-30-2001, 01:23 PM
anyone here played mugen? I haven't, but it sounds like a cool idea. It's a 2d fighting game, but you can create your own fighters or download characters from other sites. From what I hear, people use anything from DBZ characters to Pokemon and streetfighter. I may check it out, but I'm still mainly an RPG person.

" - nightair

SevenStar
10-30-2001, 01:29 PM
powerpuff girls, spawn, fatal fury characters - there's no limit to the types of characters you can use. you can I think the website of the group that made the game engine is http://www.elecbyte.com here's a site you can get several characters from: http://www.maximummugen.hpg.ig.com.br/mugen_chars.html

" - nightair

Wongsifu
10-30-2001, 03:12 PM
am i the only guy that doesnt know what counter strike is :) ive heard of it 1000 times but never played it . I play boring and old games like shogun total war and age of empires expansion, and leisure suit larry 7 ... yah i know im boring.

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Ozihn
10-30-2001, 03:52 PM
GTA 3 kicks some major arse, I didn't know if I would like the new one because they changed the view, but it's friggen cool.

tsunami surfer
10-30-2001, 04:06 PM
Tawingtsun the Whipping post has sadly closed down although the Discotech is still grinding along. The women are still just as nasty and lovable there. Clarks hill lake is now known as lake thurman at least on the SC side and occasionaly refered as claks hill by diehard old fishermen from GA

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-30-2001, 07:19 PM
my computer really sucks (i'm running an old cyrex 266 with 64mb ram,1meg video card) and i can't play any of the 3D Shooters worth a ****.

i keep wanting to build a new machine but never seem to come up with the extra 250 to at least start out getting the chip and board.

for now .. the only thing i ever play is ultima online. and i only play that a couple times a month for about an hour. it's been getting kinda boring as i have been playing this **** game for over 3 years now.

where's my beer?

Jaguar Wong
10-30-2001, 08:43 PM
Just so this topic stays somewhat Kung Fu related. I've been playing Kessen II for the PS2 lately (I'm trying to beat it before I get hooked on Gran Turismo forever), and I've been stuck in front of the TV for a while now (I play on my lunch breaks - I'm only 2 minutes from home :)). The first one was set in Japan, but the sequel is based (somewhat) on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms in China. It's very cool, because it's like a mix of history with StormRiders thrown in for some magical fun.

I've never played Counter Strike, but it looks like I'm going to be participating in either an Unreal Tournament, or a CS community game, so I'd better brush up on my skillz. I've only really played Unreal Tournament, and Quake 3, and I tend to get whomped a lot. It's really fun when you're in a room full of computers all networked together, playing with a bunch of co-workers/friends. That's when you get to shout the insults and talk trash in person.

I do like the online/networked stuff, but I'm waiting to get my hands on Devil May Cry. Then no one will see me for a while. :)

Jaguar Wong

"If you learn to balance a tack hammer on your head
then you learn to head up a balanced attack!"
- The Sphinx

KC Elbows
10-30-2001, 08:53 PM
I personnally suck at counterstrike, but at least I don't get my teammates killed. :)

Now Team Fortess is great fun. My personal favorite is the medic. I've never seen a physician break the oath so many times in one day.

Waidan
10-30-2001, 08:53 PM
CS is great, played in the OGL (west) for a bit. Right now I'm on a huge Day of Defeat kick. It's a very good half-life mod.

StarSeige Tribes is still best team fps, IMO. Tribes 2 is good also.

rmcgill
10-30-2001, 09:07 PM
I played CS for a long time but once I discovered DoD, I haven't looked back. It's fast paced and never boring, that's for sure. The weapons are fairly authentic too and the fact that you have a stamina meter which prevents jumping around like a drug-crazed bunny makes it all the more fun.

I go by Major Major Major Major in DoD.

Where are we going? And what's with this handbasket?

joedoe
10-31-2001, 12:34 AM
I was addicted to CS for ages there. Don't have time for it anymore, but I still love having a go now and then. I suck at it though :(

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Sam Wiley
10-31-2001, 12:45 AM
Wow! I didn't think so many people would respond to this one!

Yes, I played TFC last night and didn't like the game as much as CS. I like the character options, but the people I was playing with and against had no clue. I even wondered if any of these people had ever played Capture the Flag. Anyway, I think that the whole never-ending game thing needs to be changed, as I think there should be rounds. But that's just me. TFC definitely has potential, though. I did find a great server last night after posting here with people who actually knew what they were doing and how to play the game, so things are looking up.

Tsunami Surfer,
You mean where do I live? I live in Covington, which I think is about halfway between Atlanta and Augusta, if I'm thinking of the right city. If you'd like to get together to train or something, there's a link on all of my posts to my e-mail, and you can contact me that way.

SevenStar
10-31-2001, 06:57 AM
leisure suit larry is the man! I have most of the games. I've been keeping up with his antics for like 12 years!

The herpes quest (quest for glory) series is good also.

" - nightair

Ozihn
10-31-2001, 07:16 AM
I used to be a HUGE online personality in the TFC community (under a different name though), but then my computer broke (now I have to use my moms IMac :( ) and I have been on very rarely. If you want some good servers to play TFC on E-Mail me :)

Wongsifu
10-31-2001, 02:54 PM
**** sevenstar i though i was the only guy on this forum who was sad enough to like larry ...
Ive finished all his games at least once...
I feel better now..
lol :D :D :D

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Spark
10-31-2001, 05:51 PM
The Most addictive game ever - hands down - Is CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER.

Maybe some of the Brits here will know it. I doubt any Americans/Canadians care much about soccor, ooops I mean FOOTBALL.

I have never played a game, and only that game, for so long in my life. I've been playing it since February.

On CM message boards I always read threads about Guys picking playing CM over hanging out with their girlfriends, or how coaching Brighton to the FA cup is one of their greatest accomplishments in life. Good grief.

Tigerstyle
10-31-2001, 06:10 PM
I love Unreal Tournament, but I just don't have fast enough reflexes to keep up with the 12-year-olds that frag me and talk trash (why don't you say that to my face, you little punk? :mad: )

I would love to get into some of those crazy Half-Life mods. Recently I have been playing Delta Force 2 multiplayer, mostly becasue I bought it cheap ($14). Also because it lets me sit 600+ meters away and be a sharpshooter so I don't have to run around jumping like a crackhead.

For the past couple of days, I have been one boxing fool, playing Knockout Kings 2001. I beat Butterbean last night in career mode :) ! Man, he almost took my head off with those haymaker hooks though.

Spark
10-31-2001, 07:12 PM
Is that Boxing game good? I've looked at it, but it has to have a good career mode for me to get into it - does it?

Can you create your own boxer?

Tigerstyle
10-31-2001, 08:42 PM
I like the game very much! the gameplay seems a little sluggish at first if you're used to games like Tekken, SF2, etc., but as soon as you learn the timing/distance involved to throw punches/combos it feels more fluid. Man, defending is tough to learn, though :) , and counter-punching is the bane of my existence (because my opponents can do it while I still cannot :mad: ). Also, authentic locations (Caesar's Palace, for example), real referees, and ringside commentary make the game feel pretty cool.

I am a big fan of create-a-character type games, but I have to say this one is a little lacking as far as changing how he/she (there is a women's boxing career mode as well) looks/acts. The part I like is that you can choose your nickname from a list, and the announcers refer to you by that name. You can also choose your entrance "attitude" and theme music (they have some generic beats and some real songs). The theme I use is "Jaw Gymnastics" by Del tha Funky ****sapien :) .

Career mode is pretty cool, because you can choose where you train (only three cities, though :( ) and who your cornermen are, both which affect your stat development. I like the stats they have, too (power, speed, stamina, heart, chin, cuts). Overall, the career mode is pretty involved, but simple and staightforward at the same time. Easy for a boxing beginner like me, but full of treats to make real fans excited (I got a warning from Mills Lane for headbutting Butterbean in a clinch :) .)

I would recommend you at least rent the game to see if it has enough to keep your interest as far as replay value.

If I could change two things, they would be having a more diverse create-a-character feature, and to add Mike Tyson as a character in the game.

joedoe
11-01-2001, 12:41 AM
So DF2 multiplayer is good? I haven't tried it yet but I might have a go soon.

You're fu(king up my chi

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-01-2001, 01:03 AM
no way these games are more addictive than ultima though.

do you know any one who plays uo. ...

maybe you used to ...

where's my beer?

Tigerstyle
11-01-2001, 01:19 AM
DF2 is fun, but probably not as good as CS or TFC. I like the wide open playing fields because you can move far out and shoot from a distance if you want (I was hitting running targets from 500-600 meters last week. Woo Hoo! :) ). The good thing is every round fired is a tracer round, so that even though you're beyond their visual range, you can pinpoint someone's location if they camp out in one spot and keep shooting (sucks if you're the shooter, though ;) ).

It's got it's fair share of cheaters though, just like all multiplayer games. I think it would be worth trying out if you can get a copy cheap, but don't spend too much on it.

joedoe
11-01-2001, 01:36 AM
Oh well, I always felt that if you are going to camp, you cannot afford to camp in one spot for too long. Gotta keep mobile. Even if I camp in CS I will only stay there for a while, then move on to the next spot.

Sniping is fun - is it as hard in DF2 as it is in CS?

You're fu(king up my chi

Waidan
11-01-2001, 01:39 AM
Sniping is far from hard in CS. I'd love it if they sacked-up and got rid of the AWP. They toned it down a bit, but I'm still dying from the occasional toe-wound.

And don't get me started on deagle sniping. It's just sick.

joedoe
11-01-2001, 01:48 AM
Sniping is not easy in CS if your opponents are not stupid. If you add in lag (I play online mostly) it makes it very challenging. If I snipe in CS I prefer to use the scout anyway because of the concealment factor - it is not so obvious to your target that they are being sniped and it is harder for them to tell where you are.

The AWM is a hellish weapon, but is not as bad as it was. At least there is no longer a cross-hair when you are unscoped so using it at close quarters is harder.

I think deagle sniping is fair - it is one hell of a gun from what I am told.

Funny enough, one of my favourite weapons is the MP5 anyway.

You're fu(king up my chi

Waidan
11-01-2001, 02:50 AM
I respect guys who use the mp-5. Definitely a skill weapon. Personally I perfer the deagle and the colt over most everything else...I need the extra firepower to compensate for my lack of aim ;)

The scout is fair, as it requires a good solid hit to take a guy down with one shot. The awp (awm) is just silly. I agree taking the cross hair away helped the balance, but I wish they hadn't done it to the semi-auto sniper rifles. Their cost is so dang high, they need every perk they can muster to justify the price tag.

joedoe
11-01-2001, 02:57 AM
Love the colt - good balance of power and accuracy. The silencer is also a great bonus. The main reason I like the MP5 is because of its accuracy. Even over distance it is pretty good.

For sheer firepower though, nothing beats the AK. As long as you don't lose you head and go auto fire it is a great weapon. Fired in bursts it is deadly. Too loud though.

I guess you do pay a lot for the sniper rifles, so you should get some advantage from it. It was pretty bad how the AWM used to be a 1-shot-kill-no-matter-where-you-hit weapon, so I guess now it is a bit better.

I guess in my mind, you can only make the game realistic to a certain point. In real life, whether you take a shot in the leg, body, or head, you cannot continue to run around the way you can in the game :).

You're fu(king up my chi

joedoe
11-01-2001, 02:59 AM
I've been talking to friend who plays - he is very good and now runs around going for knife kills as it is more of a challenge than shooting people. We were talking about how you should be able to buy better knives so they do more damage (like the kukri maybe?), and maybe even throwing knives for the silent takedown.

What do you reckon? :)

You're fu(king up my chi

Braden
11-01-2001, 03:01 AM
******... please tell me some of you have played Hitman.

Waidan
11-01-2001, 08:28 PM
Braden - I gave hitman a try. I played a few missions in my brother's saved game. The jungle-compound mission was hillarious.

I liked a number of things about that game, but the AI wasn't one of them. The way I figure it, if you're not developing your FPS for multiplayer, make certain your BadGuys display some intelligence. Rainbow 6 had the same problem in the single player mode (not RogueSpear...never played that one). Guys would actually get shot, freak out for a bit, then settle back into their routine. Dude! You just got shot!

Tribes 1 is still the best. That game has unbelievable depth...guys get so good it's downright scary.

The AK-47 is a fantastic weapon. 2-3 shot bursts to the upper chest will get it done every time. It's like you said tho...if you get carried away with the full-auto fire, you'll have a hard time hitting anything at all.

Braden
11-01-2001, 08:32 PM
Yeah, if you play it like a shooter, the AI in Hitman totally sucks. The bad dude's accuracy is also really bad if you keep running around, which is silly.

But it's super fun to play it like a stealth game. On Hitman you should really NEVER be dodging bullets or entering firefights. It's all about sneaking people around and garroting them to death, then hiding their bodies and diguising yourself.

Braden
11-01-2001, 08:33 PM
But... Doom 2 is still the best. Me and some friends used todo multiplayer Doom 2 for hours just on level 1. Awesome fun.

Super shotgun rules.

chen zhen
11-01-2001, 08:53 PM
everyone here who has a ps2 should look at metal gear solid 2 when it comes out. it will be the perfect sequel to an alrady perfect game.
And the RPG players should look out for Final Fantasy 10. I can't wait!

NorthernMantis
11-02-2001, 07:04 AM
duck hunt!!

http://www2.webmagic.com/klov.com/screens/D/wDuck_Hunt.png

Go here if you always wanted to get the dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/DuckHunt/default.asp)

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

SevenStar
11-02-2001, 07:16 AM
definitely tribes.

" - nightair

David
11-02-2001, 02:42 PM
CS is very cool. The teamplay, reality modelling and scenarios are very gratifying and absorbing. I only play it at home and I think I'm the highest pinged ******* out there :-(

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

chen zhen
11-10-2001, 09:30 PM
Has anyone played "The Sims"? now THAT is an addictive game!

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-10-2001, 09:54 PM
girly man . ..

the sims is a womans game.

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-10-2001, 10:02 PM
i'm the shiznet at duck hunt ...

i quit the first time i don't get a perfect out of boredom.

our neighbors upstairs aquired a nintendo with about 70 games not so long ago.

i have been reaquainted with one of my long lost loves ... .

contra.

where's my beer?

PaleDragon
11-10-2001, 10:11 PM
i love cs...it consumes my mind every minute of the day...well not really but almost...if i didnt have kung fu to think about too.

Sharky
11-10-2001, 10:19 PM
...i used to be in a div1 uk clan for qw. Quakeworld is the best game ever created. It's the only game thats stood my test of time, and its complexity is amazing. Try a DM2 duel with one of the top players in the world and you'll be stunned at how much practice you need to be half decent. DM2 was my level man. MINE.

But my cable modem gives terrible pings and loads of pl, so there's not much i can do now. It's the only game i haven't uninstalled after a month, or even a few weeks. AOE II is quite good i guess, but it gets repetitive.

Yeah, i'm that sad :(

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

[This message was edited by Sharky on 11-11-01 at 12:29 PM.]

joedoe
11-11-2001, 12:59 AM
It is like that isn't it? Don't worry, after a while it will wear off. I can go a whole month now without playing :)

You're fu(king up my chi

Chang Style Novice
11-11-2001, 01:11 AM
So, I'm the only one who has lost untold hours to Minesweeper (expert level)?

ATENG
11-11-2001, 01:34 AM
contra.....ahhhh the memories

i dunno...FreeCell is pretty **** addicting...

"It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun."

qeySuS
11-11-2001, 04:17 AM
pleaaaaaaaase, CS sucks royal ass :) Camping doors isnt fun. For some real action play Quake 3, i played Tribes 2 it's great but Iceland isnt big enough for it's massive format (we have enough problems getting 10 people to play 5on5 online i dont think we could ever go 16on16).

I played Action Quake a lot at one point, but it got old once i got Q3, AQ is very popular though and in about 5 days there will come out a MOD for Q3 called ReAction Quake3, it's basicly just AQ2 on the Q3 engine, they ported all the Q2 physics (Q2 doublejumps, excelleration going uphill, circle jumps, and Q2 style strafe jumping). So it will be interesting seeing people playing AQ again on a super cool 3Dengine :)

Anywho i'm sure CS is great but after 3 years of playing quake i just cant handle the slow speed of CS (i want some strafe jumping!) and the recoil crap.

Free thinkers are dangerous!

Sharky
11-11-2001, 04:20 AM
q3 is ****e. so is q2.

qw is superior in every way except gfx.

joedoe
11-11-2001, 04:33 AM
But there is no challenge to Q3 - you die and just respawn. At least there is the challenge of trying to survive the round in CS. :)

You're fu(king up my chi

qeySuS
11-11-2001, 04:51 AM
there is no challenge in Q3? Try keeping map control in 1on1 or team deathmatch while still killing the opponent. That's the single most hardest thing that CSers must face when they try Q3, CS is very newbie friendly, everyone gets a gun and runs along to kill someone, some people are really good at it of course and whoop their ass, but newbies have a chance at killing. In q3 the dominant opponent can have up to 4x the life and all the guns while you have the crappiest gun in the game, and it's all because he timed the armors and powerups well and didnt give you any. I just love Q3 :) I never win (i suck ass) but i usually play with a team that's fairly well strategic, so i like loosing if we can stick with our off control and in control gameplan (as much as you can like loosing).

Sharky
11-11-2001, 04:54 AM
you can do the same in qw, but you can bend the rules. It's much, MUCH better, and the weapons are better too. Can't believe i'm the only one who thinks this.

Everyone agrees that q2 is wack, but q3 is just q2 with prettier gfx..........

qeySuS
11-11-2001, 05:50 AM
like hell everyone agrees to that. Q2 had better CTF, q3 CTF sucks ass. Q2 had fun FFA (because one rail doesnt kill you in Q3). However TDM (DMTP) and 1on1 is muuuuch better in Q3. Q3 is a game for those who want the be really good and compete it's not newbie friendly because it's really hard to jump in and start playing (AQ2 is newbie friendly though because it has rounds and gives you equal life/weapons as your opponent). As for QW i just never played it so i have no idea.

I just came from Icelands biggest LAN tourney btw, it's held every 3 months, around 500 people attend it's pretty evenly switched down between Quake and CS and then ther'es like 40 people playing UT.

Xebsball
11-11-2001, 07:55 AM
Here is something for the Urban Terror people:

http://www.lamerkatz.com/stories/images/ut_priceless.jpg

And here is Urban Terror if you have Q3, check it out:
http://www.urbanterror.net
-------------------------
"I AM EFFECTIVNESS"

[This message was edited by Xebsball on 11-11-01 at 10:05 PM.]

Xebsball
11-11-2001, 08:16 AM
And there is the mighty Bidforpower too.

http://www.bidforpower.com

I'm an old schools Bfp fan, i've been waiting for the official release since December 2000.
In this time many stuff happened, some betas got leaked (b14, rc1, rc2, rc3...) but Bfp survived.

It was originaly a Dragon Ball Z total conversion for Q3, but those ****in ass ****** mother ****in **** sucking horse ****ers from i dont know Funimotion or Infogames made them stop because of copyrights ****.

So now they are making it with anime-like charactors other than Dbz ones.
But we are going to have dbz charactors in no matter what happens. Haha, so the big corporation *******s tought they could stop the resistence, but no!
If the developers dont do it, THE FANS WILL! MWAHAHAHAHAHHA

-------------------------
"I AM EFFECTIVNESS"

SevenStar
11-11-2001, 09:10 AM
sharky,

that game you described earlier sounds like a game I used to be hooked on - multi player battletech. we put so many training hours into that game...my regimen even had a training school. You couldn't go to battle with us unless you graduated from the blackjack school of conflict - a lot of the regimens under the different houses had training schools. We had chains of command and everything. Considering it is just a game, there was a sh!tload of work and paperwork involved. the different mechs, strategies with them, battle formations, keeping up with who the bada§§es were in other regimens, etc.... It was great.

" - nightair

Lost_Disciple
11-11-2001, 09:17 PM
Tigerstyle
Hey, I noticed you play Knockout Kings 2001 too. I started out with KO Kings 2000. The Create A Character mode on that one was similar, not sure which was better tho.

KO Kings 2001 has some neat advantages- more fluid gameplay with additions like counterpunching and flurries that aren't as automatic.

Unfortunately I've found one major problem with the KO Kings 2001 Create A Boxer for PS1: the specialty punch feature doesn't work. For example, say you bring your jab to level 1; sometimes the only choice you've got after that is to bring your jab to level 2 (you can't chose the other punches). Sometimes THAT doesn't even work- after the first choice, the whole specialty punch thing stops working once you've earned them.

I am going to try to rent the game for PS2 to see if the problem is just on PS1. It's kind of disappointing though, as that one major bug keeps that game from being my alltime favorite.

Have you tried the HBO Fight night game on PS1? It's got Roy Jones Jr. and George Foreman. I'll try to rent it.

In other news; in the last week, I beat Sim City 3000 (made a million bux); Rollercoaster Tycoon (made 50,000 after paying off all debts); and Bouncer.

I'm ticked cuz Bouncer was WAAAAY too short and too easy for the "Volt" character. Also, without a memory card, the other modes aren't much fun.

http://www.playonline.com/bouncer/html/image/chars/volt_ss.jpg

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/4_3/images/gk1.jpg
Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.