PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun vs Muay Thai match

Hardwork108
11-18-2010, 08:41 PM
This is an interesting fight. The WC guy lost at the end but he gets A for effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90guNZ_QhjU&NR=1

Badnews
11-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Just looking at their physical constitutions and the pre-fight clips you could tell the outcome before it even began..

Badnews
11-18-2010, 09:04 PM
HeadKick!...5.49....

Hardwork108
11-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Yep, it was not a great fight as far as either of the fighters were concerned, but I found it interesting.

goju
11-18-2010, 10:51 PM
i like the strait blast the guy in the blue threw at 4:20

Hardwork108
11-20-2010, 04:44 PM
i like the strait blast the guy in the blue threw at 4:20

That looked good, didn't it? The WC guy does get points for guts and effort.

Peaceful Orchid
11-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Looked like the MT guy was mostly conserving his energy and waiting for the kill, knowing that he had two more fights after this one.

SAAMAG
11-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Yea...thai fighters generally use the first 2-3 rounds light and use them to warm up and feel out the other guy.

But on the fight itself...the wc guy did only two things right: (1) that single straight punch around the middle of the clip, and (2) surviving as long as he did. I mean he walked into punches, knees, kicks, and really didn't show ANY wing chun at all. He just looked like a guy off the street fighting a pro/semi-pro fighter.

Sort of expected not because the tools of the WC being inferior, but because of the vast differences in training methodology between systems. One trains like a fighter, the other does not.

Hardwork108
11-25-2010, 09:44 AM
But on the fight itself...the wc guy did only two things right: (1) that single straight punch around the middle of the clip,
Sometimes in a street situation, that is all that takes to define the end of an encounter.

(2) surviving as long as he did. I mean he walked into punches, knees, kicks,
And they say Iron Body skills don't work...:D

Sort of expected not because the tools of the WC being inferior, but because of the vast differences in training methodology between systems. One trains like a fighter, the other does not.
Agreed.

Wing Chun does not generally train for sports fighting scenario.;)

If it did then it would make for some interesting viewing.:)