PDA

View Full Version : taijutsu/ninjitsu/ninpo

frosh2786
03-24-2001, 06:52 PM
whats difference between all these? can someone ell me the curriculu,m you have in your classes? also, how can i tell if a place is real or just a load of crap selling itself off as ninja? my friend is real interested in this place and he wants to know if its real. thanks!

tnwingtsun
03-24-2001, 08:00 PM
If they are under Hatsumi they should be pretty good,that is to say if they stay with him in his org. up to his standards.The ones we have were I live are from the Bujinkan,I belive thats how its spelled,they have good take downs,good ground fighters,if I was interested in the Jap Arts
that would be the one I'd be in,their handwork cannot stand up to wingtsun from what I've seen,but thats only from what I've seen.I belive there is a Bujinkan member on this forum.
http://www.bujinkan.com/

Rolling Elbow
03-24-2001, 11:18 PM
"From what you've seen"..because like anything, your hands won't mean a thing when you are on teh ground. But definitely i dig wing chun so i am not about to argue..its a great stand up infighting style!

In any event, the above answer was a good one. make sure the teachers are Bujinkan and that they are good Bujinkan. I mean there are thousands of wing chun teachers who studied under proper lineage and instructors, but who is to say they aren't crap?! See if the instructor moves well, seems sturdy and has allot of body power behind what he does.

Ask around on http://www.e-budo.com also for any good instructors in your friends area

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

tnwingtsun
03-25-2001, 08:45 AM
Wingtsun hands do VERY well on the ground,
to discount hands in groundfighting??,chop off your arms and try to ground fight,I don't see where you're coming from,if you study WT/WC and you don't see the chi sao applications on the ground you're missing out......
Bujinkan just does not train the arms to
be as sensitive as WT/WC.
I have a very good friend(built like Tank Abbott) who has trained years in Bujinkan,his skill is pretty **** good and I like the way they use their body positioning in their throws and take downs,but against a 10th student grade WT guy he was frustrated
over and over again trying to get into position,he could never close without taking multible blows,even when he was invited to the ground to start,the WT guy in the guard,chi sao worked very good in that situation,so hands do mean sh_t on the ground.
But in saying that I still have alot of respect for the Bujikan guys,
I belive they have nine main schools of study,
And I belive they have elements in the system.Water,fire,earth and some others,can't recall the rest.
Taijutsu being one of the schools(forgot the others),is the Taijutsu the bone breaking one?
They are required to havea working knowledge of the japanese language and a good insight to the systems history,Mark Normans over the Bujinkan school here,I like to razz him alot,its all in good fun though.
I understand you guys have a long history.
Very rich style indeed :)

[This message was edited by tnwingtsun on 03-25-01 at 11:06 PM.]

fiercest tiger
03-25-2001, 09:15 AM
do you have any ninja vids i could possibly see? ill pay you for the cost etc.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

tnwingtsun
03-25-2001, 10:22 AM
FT,funny you ask,I've got some Bujinkan
Videos with Hatsumi I'll send ya ;)

Rolling Elbow
03-25-2001, 11:45 PM
Wing Chun hands are **** good and **** sensitive..that i will not argue. In fact there is nothing to argue here. Well said..diff art, diff purposes. Some taijutsu gys like my instructor have great hands (mind you he does have a base in wing chun and FMA), others just great movement. At the lower levels everything can seem superior or weaker. At their highest levels, all arts seem to be equally effective and rely most on who makes the better judgement call and who can recover wuicker from his own mistakes. I know i would't f**k around with anybody, regardless of style or no style.I mean, most NHB people will say that both arts suck cause neither of them have done anything in the ring. ;)

P.S- Taijutsu refers to using the body, not one of the nine schools. The bone breaking methods you speak of are referred to as "koppo jutsu". Tendon, bone, muscle attacks.

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

tnwingtsun
03-26-2001, 12:52 PM
Good deal,Bujinkan is a great Combat art born
from the battle field,if I were to cross train
in a ground fighting art I would go for
Hatsumi's style, hands down over the BJJ
types because EVERYTHING goes in Bujinkan as opposed to the rules and sport aspect of the
popular NHB matches these days
By the way,they can say what they want,I don't
train for the ring,you got to spar and we do
but combat is survival.
Cage matches are what they are,should be called
some holds barred (SHB) or alot of holds barred
(AHB) :D

[This message was edited by tnwingtsun on 03-27-01 at 03:02 AM.]

Spineflow
03-26-2001, 11:19 PM
If it's real the teacher will be of takamatsu decent. This could be Bujinkan or Genbukan both are very good taijutsu organizations. I would only stay away if he is a 10th dan or something rediculus like that. But both organizations have great pracitioners. I have trained in both.