PDA

View Full Version : For those bringing up this tournament, and discussing what we can do for the "future good of ma

Polaris
10-30-2001, 05:31 AM
Still no action has been taken as far as proving the effectiveness of traditional styles. How do you plan on achieving that goal without taking action? Talking won't do any good, writing articles won't do any good. Although I'd have to wait a bit because I still have about 2.5 months till I graduate, and then I need to get something beyond that (probably massotherapy which doesn't take that long, and depending how things turn out I can expand from there) my proposal is as follows:

I have seriously been considering trying to become a professional competitor. I think all of us that are serious about our training, proving traditional styles effectiveness, and martial arts in general need to come together and form a "stable" if you will like RAW, or Hammer House, etc. Now where would be a good location and teacher(s)/mentor(s)? Chicago is my vote, which has been my original plan. Then we would have Choi. I also think Carlson Gracie Sr. and Jr.
are reopening a school out there. Also Pat would only be about 3.5 hours away, he could probably help us get fights and we could train with the guys there occasionally. Anyhow that is my suggestion, as I said it would be a little while before I could attempt to get anything like this started, but there are plenty of capable people here.

Chris McKinley
10-30-2001, 06:40 AM
RE: "Still no action has been taken as far as proving the effectiveness of traditional styles.".

Perhaps you mean the effectiveness of traditional arts within the NHB competitions. The fact that I'm still alive to write this is all the proof I require that my training worked...more than once.