PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church

Syn7
12-11-2010, 08:21 PM
ok these guys take the cake man... i dont care what the first amendment says, i hope the supreme court rules this as hate, not free speech... its before the court right now... we'll see... check these guys out tho, their messege isnt what bothers me, its how they get the messege out there that bothers me...

personally, i feel that if you wanna be a complete waste of skin and space, that is your perogative... i may feel you dont deserve to exist, but i wont act on it... atleast not today...

what they do, for example, is go to a military funeral, sit across the street and hold signs and chant really offensive stuff... like this death is gods punishment because america tolerates gays and lesbians... and this is at just a normal soldiers funeral, not once but all the time they do this... these soldiers arent gay, never spoke about the issue... they are just peoples children who died while serving... and this church feels this is a valid and just method of protest... unbelievable...

their next target is elizabeth edwards funeral... lemme quote their website here...

oh sh!t i cant, sorry, they are under DDOS attack right now and are unavailable.... nice.... heres the links then...

http://www.godhates f a g s.com/
http://www.godhates f a g s.com/schedule.html

you will have to remove the spaces in the word F@G, its all one word, no spaces no underscores... it wouldnt post properly coz of the language filter on KFM...

basically they think elizabeth edwards is evil and going to hell and they wanna be there to send her off to d@mnation... its quite absurd and very offensive... the woman is dead, let her be... let her kids mourn their mum without being heckled by some fukcing slack jaw yokal with a 3rd grade education and a hate on for things they arent smart enough to understand... ok thats only most of them, some are very well educated, well spoken and should know better... thats whats scary... fred phelps doesnt deserve to live... imo he has forfiet his right to a non violent existence free of persecution and the horror of a pis$ed off mob out for your head... its not even his opinions that i find so offensive, you hate gays and think they are evil, fine whatever thats on you if you keep it to you and yours... but to go push it at funerals is just unbelievable... im actually suprised at their nerve, and thats very rare for me... this one took me by suprise...

this is a legit church with legal status... they have followers... not alot, but a small core of fanatics... to me these are no different to fanatic muslims...

anyways, would anyone feel bad if these people were lined up and shot without dignity??? i wouldnt bat a lash, but then im a cold motherfukcer in that respect... i love my friends and family with all my heart, but i view my enemies with extreme prjudice... and the westboro baptist church are my enemies now... i imagine they have a whole bunch of enemies... there are groups dedicated to countering these guys tho... they say they overwealm them with love and have had some success... they posse up and go to westboro protests and with usually larger numbers, they drown out the hate... its a decent strategy and its working a bit... but its just a countermeasure, not a solution by any means...

to me this is pure hate speach and is not a fundamental right... its not only offensive, but its also inciteful... and how many times have we seen that one quiet guy in the fanatic group that takes things waaaaay too far... usually with violence... but sometimes with influence, be it social, political or whatever... stuff like having the authorities harass an individual on the down low... illegal yes, but happens all the time none the less... esspecially when its word against word, even when the cop is in the wrong, the cop will win 99% of the time... unfortunately... and when they are diciplined, its usually something super harsh like 3 days suspension with pay...

Syn7
12-11-2010, 09:23 PM
sister site:
www.godhatesamerica.com

about:
http://www.apologeticsindex.org/111-westboro-baptist-church

http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/WBC/default.asp?LEARN_Cat=Extremism&LEARN_SubCat=Extremism_in_America&xpicked=3&item=WBC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Church

the actual church sites are still under DDOS attack... i cant see it stopping anytime soon, people really dislike this guy and his "flock"... and DDOS is so easy, any script kiddie wannabe can run wild with botnets... i could shut down kfm for the day, no sweat (i would never, its just not my thing... im more of a gawker than a destroyer... i mean why **** on your resources, i say use em... cant use a terminal if all you do is infect it... that stuff is just petty and childish)... its really just that easy... personally, i like RATS... you can get very creative with it... whitehat blackhat whatever...

KC Elbows
12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Phelps and his church are local news here. Try looking up statements by his estranged kids, and the history of his "church", it's f'ed up. Not to mention he's used the legal system so thoroughly to his monetary benefit in a large number of frivolous cases and to attack others. I don't even want to think about how much money his cr@p has cost Kansas.

sanjuro_ronin
12-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Because of people like this, freedom of the press and expression is crucial in a society, why?
Because idiots like this can say what they want AND we can find out who they are and what they believe.

BJJ-Blue
12-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Phelps and his church are local news here. Try looking up statements by his estranged kids, and the history of his "church", it's f'ed up. Not to mention he's used the legal system so thoroughly to his monetary benefit in a large number of frivolous cases and to attack others. I don't even want to think about how much money his cr@p has cost Kansas.

Speaking of his kids, look up their education as well. I believe EVERY ONE one of his kids is a lawyer. Phelps was a lawyer too, but he has been disbarred.

Years ago the Westboro 'Church' was being discussed on Fark. You had the usual angry posts like 'kill him', 'Id beat his ass if he showed up my friends funeral', 'shoot them all', etc. And you had the pople on the other side yelling it was their rights no matter how disgusting they were. Then someone posted a calm, well written post that caught my eye. He stated how Phelp's kids are all lawyers and that he actually believes the entire thing to be a scam. He says you can look at the sheer number of lawsuits filed by the Phelps clan and see for yourself. He then said he believs Phelps ultimate goal is to be assualted at a funeral/protest, and if its by a police officer all the better. Then Phelps will sue the city, county, property owners, etc to try and get millions for failing to protect his family during their lawful protests. That guy's post really made sence, and I firmly believe it really is just a scam.

KC Elbows
12-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Judging from the statements of his children, he's a controlling sociopath. While it's a scam for him, I suspect that his kids had no choice on careers, and are lawyers specifically because he wants them to be to do his scams for him.

There appears to have been a point in time, during their childhood, that his kids were the family breadwinners, they had to sell candy for hours after school every day, candy that Phelps didn't pay for and that the manufacturers of had to sue in court to see any money back.

There's been attempts to disbar one of his daughters as well.

While I agree with free speach, it's naive to miss that some language is undertaken to inspire violence, and his qualifies. It's a sneaky way to inspire extremists to assault people. I'm pretty sure an imam in Kansas espousing death to America on a website and protestng soldier's funerals WOULD NOT still be around.

Hate speach is not about what is said, but about inspiring extremists to extreme acts. Allowing that is easy when you are not the target, but can promote freedom in theory while eroding any culture of freedom.

The U.S. legal system is part of the problem, as it's been his main source of funds through frivolous lawsuits. It cracks me up how people whine about a lady getting money from McDonalds for being wickedly, nastily burned and permanently scarred by a simple coffee spill(I mean, every coffee drinker has had a spill while driving, and not even normal hot coffee does the damage she got), but is completely unaware that corporations outright plan to tie up legal issues with customers in frivolous counter suits that they can afford and the customers can't, and Phelps makes his entire livig off of inciting thngs he can turn into frivolous lawsuits. Other legal systems, fair ones, punish this sort of suit vigorously.

It's a scam, but he still hates a lot of people, he's hateful that way, and probably believes his own justifications re: God and gays.

Phelps is a drag on my state's resources, wanna give him his free speach, you pay with your tax dollars.

Dude ****es me off.

David Jamieson
12-13-2010, 10:16 AM
This guy at westboro is a d-bag and an attention ***** and that is all. His congregation is small and the only reaosn you hear about this guy is because media outlets insist on giving him a voice to get ratings for themselves.

how 30-50 people with a messed up world view can get millions of americans worked up?
This is how. They are a piddly little backwater congregation comprised entirely of ignorant hicks.
One of those tiny loud minorities.

anyway, that's as much import as I can stomach giving these losers.

BJJ-Blue
12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Judging While I agree with free speach, it's naive to miss that some language is undertaken to inspire violence, and his qualifies. It's a sneaky way to inspire extremists to assault people. I'm pretty sure an imam in Kansas espousing death to America on a website and protestng soldier's funerals WOULD NOT still be around.

So true. But there are limits to free speech and violence. If you use the 'N-word' for example, legally it is enough to justify you being punched. It's considered in a legal sense that incendiary.

To me it's simple; if you antagonize someone to the point that they do hit you, you asked for it. And showing up at a funeral to be an ass is crossing that line in my book.

As to Phelps, I've always felt that when he dies people like gays and military vets should throw a party at his funeral in full view of his family. Make a big scene of it. Karma is a *****. ;)

The U.S. legal system is part of the problem, as it's been his main source of funds through frivolous lawsuits.

True, but if juries composed of 'The People' would stop rewarding these suits with money, the problem would solve itself.

KC Elbows
12-13-2010, 11:28 AM
So true. But there are limits to free speech and violence. If you use the 'N-word' for example, legally it is enough to justify you being punched. It's considered in a legal sense that incendiary.

To me it's simple; if you antagonize someone to the point that they do hit you, you asked for it. And showing up at a funeral to be an ass is crossing that line in my book.

I agree, it's just sad that he'd probably end up making money off of it.

As to Phelps, I've always felt that when he dies people like gays and military vets should throw a party at his funeral in full view of his family. Make a big scene of it. Karma is a *****. ;)

That's brilliant. A gay pride rally with military procession, with standing order of "don't ask and we won't shoot you *******s.":D

True, but if juries composed of 'The People' would stop rewarding these suits with money, the problem would solve itself.

Monies won on frivolous suits are often later overturned, but the cost to the tax payer of the case is never really made back, so it's a loss to them. In other systems, those making such a frivolous case must also pay the court's cost and additionaly costs, if memory serves me correctly, and so these suits are far less, whereas capping rewards erodes fairness while not really reducing the draw of making the suit, because there are damages that cannot be compensated easily by even huge amounts of cash, but any amount of cash on a case that will only cost paying a lawyer will draw the Phelp's of the world. Most large corporations figure in"this causes this amount of damage, but we'll, at worst, only have to pay this amount, so let's do it" and caps only play into this. Equity never truly occurs, but the reality is, using big tobacco for an example, they made money under falsified research that they paid for for the express purpose of selling their product as safe, equity would require they return ALL that money, that's supposedly the basis of the system, but they returned a fraction, and people tout it as a cause for putting caps when, in fact, big tobacco was caught lying to underplay the dangers of their product, and caught red handed. By giving big business a pass, we protect economic interests, but erode fairness in the legal system.

Additionally, jury trials don't occur as often as people believe, and the two big cases that get touted, McD Coffee lady and the class action against big tobacco, were a case where someone was horribly scarred beyond ordinary injuries, and a business interest actually caught lying about it's product and selling it under false pretenses. If the system worked as it is supposed to in theory, those tobacco companies should have lost a larger share of monies made while they were falsifying research, and would probably have all gone under, given it was decades of falsifying.

BJJ-Blue
12-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Monies won on frivolous suits are often later overturned, but the cost to the tax payer of the case is never really made back, so it's a loss to them.

Here is my idea, tell me what you think.

We need to penalize the people and lawyers who launch frivolous suits. And it's not a straight 'loser pays' system. Because not every suit launched that can't be proven is not frivolous. So do it this way, if the jury sides with the palintiff, they then decide damages. Simple enough. If they find for the defendant, the trial is over. Here is the change, if the jury sides for the defendant, they then must decide if it's frivolous. IF it is, the plaintiff must pay ALL of the defendant's legal bills, and until he pays up, he is not allowed to file ANY civil suits. And if a lawyer represnets people in 3 cases found to be frivolous, his law license is taken away. The way we havi it now has been termed the 'legal lottery'. If we make people pay when they don't get a jackpot, they would think twice about playing the game. As it is now, someon can launch tons of suits, and even if everyone is thrown out, it didn't cost them a thing. That's not right.

KC Elbows
12-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Here is my idea, tell me what you think.

We need to penalize the people and lawyers who launch frivolous suits. And it's not a straight 'loser pays' system. Because not every suit launched that can't be proven is not frivolous. So do it this way, if the jury sides with the palintiff, they then decide damages. Simple enough. If they find for the defendant, the trial is over. Here is the change, if the jury sides for the defendant, they then must decide if it's frivolous. IF it is, the plaintiff must pay ALL of the defendant's legal bills, and until he pays up, he is not allowed to file ANY civil suits. And if a lawyer represnets people in 3 cases found to be frivolous, his law license is taken away. The way we havi it now has been termed the 'legal lottery'. If we make people pay when they don't get a jackpot, they would think twice about playing the game. As it is now, someon can launch tons of suits, and even if everyone is thrown out, it didn't cost them a thing. That's not right.

I'd agree, with the addition of the court's costs also being paid by someone deemed to have taken part in a frivolous case, so that the tax payers are also not being screwed.

Drake
12-13-2010, 12:52 PM
I'd push this as slander. We put those things in along with our freedoms as a way to keep crap like this from happening.

Technically, why a class action suit from both ****sexuals AND miliatry hasn't occured is beyond me.

Also, be aware that this guy used to be a lawyer. He's up to something. I don't think he believes a lick of what he's saying, but I do believe he has a plan with this, and it probably involves him getting rich.