PDA

View Full Version : Loaded rocket launcher found just metres from major highway north of Victoria

Syn7
12-12-2010, 09:07 PM
WOW...thoughts???

Military rocket launcher found near Victoria
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/10/28/bc-rocket-grenade-launcher-found.html

Military rocket launcher found near Victoria
http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=26138363

Worker finds loaded rocket launcher by B.C. highway
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Loaded+rocket+launcher+found+bush+near+Victoria/3745643/story.html

Loaded rocket launcher found in woods near Victoria
http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/10/29/loaded-rocket-launcher-found-in-woods-near-victoria/

i like how it says military rocket launcher... like people are gonna mix it up with the civilian kind... you know, the rocket propelled grenade launcher hunting version...:rolleyes: maybe it was for lake or river fishing... frags work good for that... why not a rocket propelled one :D

anyways, seriously, what do yall think??? i dont think its connected to islamic extremist terrorism... but you know CSIS and MI is gonna be all over this...

the paperwork says its been sitting in storage since the 70's... ofcourse its not... so we'll see...

what gets me is that it was loaded!!! thats just not how you transport something like that... so they were either extremely stupid or had every intention on using it... maybe just in the bush for practice or kicks??? again, that would be stupid tho... unless it was a few kids who got a hold of the thing and got spooked, dropped it and ran??? odd story... u expect that when stuff like that turns up its from a search and seizure, random or not... but just laying, loaded, on the side of the road... thats just weird... maybe it was left there on purpose, as some sort of warning or messege...

personally, my money is on one of three things... either its the natives arming up again, or some citizens arming up like we see in the states with the mailitia types... thing is, thats highly illegal here... or its just a relic from the past that somebody had from way back and somehow it got dumped in the bush... maybe kids found it in grampas attic or something... my money is on #3, they found one of these things at a grow up awhile back... an old lady turned one in, that her husband had found while renovating, after he died... and thats just locally... its an old model M72 (M72A3) which the CF does not use anymore...

CURIOUS... thoughts???

FWI: the closest millitary base to where it was found isnt all that far away... short drive...

David Jamieson
12-13-2010, 06:21 AM
Old, out of use, but loaded M72 rpg launcher found on highway not far from a base.

I wouldn't project too much onto it. It's been sitting there for a few months.

If I was to speculate, I'd say it's a leave behind from a live fire exercise in the area, possibly a fell off the truck piece.

Negligent soldiers are not to be excluded from the equation.

BJJ-Blue
12-13-2010, 08:37 AM
How can this be???

You guys always say how Canada's strict gun control laws work. If so, how come you have someone in Canada getting ahold of military weapons? I thought those strict gun laws prevented guns from getting into the hands of criminals? Don't tell me strict gun laws don't keep guns out of the hands of outlaws, that can't possibly be true. :confused:

David Jamieson
12-13-2010, 01:00 PM
How can this be???

You guys always say how Canada's strict gun control laws work. If so, how come you have someone in Canada getting ahold of military weapons? I thought those strict gun laws prevented guns from getting into the hands of criminals? Don't tell me strict gun laws don't keep guns out of the hands of outlaws, that can't possibly be true. :confused:

You know, it must hard for you to function in that clown outfit all the time.

It's military ordinance, probably negligently left there by a member of the military.
I think you would have as much difficulty buuying a rocket launcher in texas as in Canada. :rolleyes:

and no one had a hold of it. It was sitting in the bush for months, in close proximity to a military base in a region of the country that has near zero population really.

so before your artificial apoplexy overflows, try reading the story first. lol

KC Elbows
12-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Clearly someone loaded it and it didn't work. This should teach you to buy American, psuedo-Frenchies!

Drake
12-13-2010, 01:15 PM

It's military ordinance, probably negligently left there by a member of the military.
I think you would have as much difficulty buuying a rocket launcher in texas as in Canada. :rolleyes:

and no one had a hold of it. It was sitting in the bush for months, in close proximity to a military base in a region of the country that has near zero population really.

If your military just leaves rocket launchers sitting on the side of a highway, your country has some issues.

David Jamieson
12-13-2010, 01:52 PM
If your military just leaves rocket launchers sitting on the side of a highway, your country has some issues.

orly?

Maybe your military should stop using grenades in rescue missions and perhaps the airforce you lot have could ease up on dropping go pills and then proceeding to bomb the crap out of their allies.

Yeah, that would be awesome, also, maybe your military could find those palettes of american bank notes that just went missing on their watch in the middle of the desert and so on...

please, don't be critical of our armed forces, there is MUCH to be criticized, far more, in your own military. :mad:

BJJ-Blue
12-13-2010, 01:53 PM

LMFAO!!!

He has to come up with some excuse, this is just the best one he could come up with.

David Jamieson
12-13-2010, 01:55 PM
LMFAO!!!

He has to come up with some excuse, this is just the best one he could come up with.

you are like a little dog looking for friends.

pathetic. lol

Drake
12-13-2010, 01:56 PM
orly?

Maybe your military should stop using grenades in rescue missions and perhaps the airforce you lot have could ease up on dropping go pills and then proceeding to bomb the crap out of their allies.

Yeah, that would be awesome, also, maybe your military could find those palettes of american bank notes that just went missing on their watch in the middle of the desert and so on...

please, don't be critical of our armed forces, there is MUCH to be criticized, far more, in your own military. :mad:

Doesn't change the fact that there was a rocket launcher sitting on the edge of the road like a god **** Grand Theft auto game.

BJJ-Blue
12-13-2010, 02:02 PM
you are like a little dog looking for friends.

pathetic. lol

I was right. Your strict gun control laws failed. And your excuse was laughable.

Call all the names you want, you can't escape those facts. :D

David Jamieson
12-13-2010, 02:13 PM
I was right. Your strict gun control laws failed. And your excuse was laughable.

Call all the names you want, you can't escape those facts. :D

Dude, you are one flawed piece of work.
You can't even understand what is so wrong with what you're stating here. lol

seriously, grow up and act your age. You're like a child who needs a smack across his mouth still. :rolleyes:

Drake
12-13-2010, 02:18 PM
This really doesn't relate to gun control. It relates to an inexcusable screwup by the military.

David Jamieson
12-13-2010, 02:23 PM
This really doesn't relate to gun control. It relates to an inexcusable screwup by the military.

I agree, in my eyes, this is going to mete out as a soldiers fault.
Now, if that is the case, then there is more blame to be spread around because I'm pretty certain that the M72 had to have been inventoried and if it matches up as missing from the list, then the trace back starts there and the soldier who left it behind, dropped it from the truck, threw it, whatever, he's going to be the fall guy. Along with whoever was responsible for the sign outs/ sing ins that day.

Now, we as a country, our military have not used that particular rpg for some years, so it's possible it could have been brought up from the states or it has a more illicit history.

I'm interested to see how this comes out.

Drake
12-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Now, if that is the case, then there is more blame to be spread around because I'm pretty certain that the M72 had to have been inventoried and if it matches up as missing from the list, then the trace back starts there and the soldier who left it behind, dropped it from the truck, threw it, whatever, he's going to be the fall guy. Along with whoever was responsible for the sign outs/ sing ins that day.

Now, we as a country, our military have not used that particular rpg for some years, so it's possible it could have been brought up from the states or it has a more illicit history.

Do you guys allow Class III arms dealers? It's very hard to get that in the US. Might have been an EOD thing, shipping old munitions to be destroyed. If it's old enough, that thing would be more dangerous to the person firing it than anyone else.

David Jamieson
12-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Do you guys allow Class III arms dealers? It's very hard to get that in the US. Might have been an EOD thing, shipping old munitions to be destroyed. If it's old enough, that thing would be more dangerous to the person firing it than anyone else.

The gun laws in Canada allow stuff like that under a collectors permit only.
So yeah, you can own class 3 weapons here, but, you pretty much have to be jesus to do so. lol

Drake
12-13-2010, 03:01 PM
So yeah, you can own class 3 weapons here, but, you pretty much have to be jesus to do so. lol

We have a guy outside of Colorado Springs called Dragonman. Dude has flamethrowers, machine guns, a friggin tank, and RPGs. He also runs shooting ranges, paintball, and training areas he only provides to the SF group here on Carson.

David Jamieson
12-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah we don't have that kind of thing here. For one thing, the culture doesn't exist to support it really.

Gun enthusiasts in Canada are mostly hunters for the most part and there isn't a whole lot of target shooters and basically there is no flamethrower party going on anywhere here. lol

The potenial for chaos is too high. You could have million people go through and do everything spot on and then it only takes one dude to destroy years of effort and lives.

So, call us worry warts, but history repeats if correction isn't made. I think the sheer amount of criminal gun deaths in the states, which tower over virtually every other country on the planet bar none lends itself well to not having a gun culture here.

I don't think we'd survive. Our murder rate is comparable here percentage wise, but we use less guns to do it. :confused:

weird.

Syn7
12-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Old, out of use, but loaded M72 rpg launcher found on highway not far from a base.

I wouldn't project too much onto it. It's been sitting there for a few months.

If I was to speculate, I'd say it's a leave behind from a live fire exercise in the area, possibly a fell off the truck piece.

Negligent soldiers are not to be excluded from the equation.

not a chance... they dont do live fire exercises in the city man... come on now... its a ditched relic... when the gun registry happened, alot of weapons were just tossed out, or thrown in the bush, buried etc etc......

Syn7
12-14-2010, 06:06 AM
How can this be???

oh we have guns here... they found a cache of automatic rifles, a few rpg's, couple crates of frags... just down the road from me... we have guns... its just not like you guys, not even close... and we have less gun crime in all areas, in all demographics, in all ranges of population density, per capita, we have significntly less gun crime... its just a fact... you can rationalize that any way you want... but it wont change the facts...

Syn7
12-14-2010, 06:11 AM

uuummm no... it was just in the skirts of victoria, the capital of BC and biggest city on the island... and when i said there was a base, i didnt mean it was a few minutes away... its up the highway awhile... but its irrelivant because its supposed to be in storage in ontario... it was never supposed to have been in BC at all... so theres no way this is military personel accidentally forgetting a rocket launcher while doing live fire exercises with city limits of a metro area... come on david... did you even read the articles...

Syn7
12-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Doesn't change the fact that there was a rocket launcher sitting on the edge of the road like a god **** Grand Theft auto game.

yeah thats scary ****... the loaded part is the kicker... anyways, there is no way that was left behind by the military... it was in the bushes a bit... most likely an irresponsible citizen ditched it when it started to seem like more trouble than its worth... like all countries, the US no exeption, decommissioned weapons have a nasty habit of finding there ways into the hands of collectors and criminals... go figure... this one is supposed to be in storage on the other side of the country and has no paperwork linking it to BC what so ever...

but yeah, really scary... im glad it was a responsible cat that found it, not some stupid teenager or worse...

Syn7
12-14-2010, 06:24 AM

MY GOD!!!! did any one of you people even read the articles???

you talk talk talk........ all of you.............. and its clear you didnt read the story... just because david said it, doesnt make it so... this has nothing to do with incompetent millitary...

the only millitary story in this is the story about the currupt army fukc that lined his nest egg with arms dealing... its too common and too familliar... in all nations... the americans are pretty near the closest thing you can come to having mastered black market millitary arms dealing... sh!t, theyve funded wars that way... :rolleyes:

Syn7
12-14-2010, 06:26 AM

read the actual stories before you comment... dude... wtf...

David Jamieson
12-14-2010, 06:27 AM
uuummm no... it was just in the skirts of victoria, the capital of BC and biggest city on the island... and when i said there was a base, i didnt mean it was a few minutes away... its up the highway awhile... but its irrelivant because its supposed to be in storage in ontario... it was never supposed to have been in BC at all... so theres no way this is military personel accidentally forgetting a rocket launcher while doing live fire exercises with city limits of a metro area... come on david... did you even read the articles...

Everything is speculation at this point. Your speculation is no more valid than anyone else's and we can't debate about a void of information. So, yes I read the story and I also happen to know there is a Base right inside of Victoria, so what do you mean up the road? lol There are three more bases up near Comox and Coutenay.

yes, it could have been someone who owned it and tossed it.

Yes it could have been negligence of a soldier.

Yes it could have been a traveler dumping it. and so on....

the information simply isn't there. So it's a game of telephone otherwise.

Syn7
12-14-2010, 06:39 AM

you can buy them from the military but they dont work and you obviously dont get the grenades... ive seen them in military surplus stores too... but they dont work... wont work... they take something out, something to do with the delivery system or something, i dunno much about it...

Syn7
12-14-2010, 06:43 AM
only in some places with certain demographics do we have comparable murder rates... for the most part, all non demestic violent crime is less...

Syn7
12-14-2010, 07:02 AM
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/na1030-m72.jpg

americans use the same ones... everyone uses a newer version from what was found tho...

BJJ-Blue
12-14-2010, 08:16 AM
I don't think we'd survive. Our murder rate is comparable here percentage wise, but we use less guns to do it. :confused:

weird.

Just like an exchange I saw on All In The Family:

Gloria: Did you know that 65% of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by handguns?

Archie: Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was pushed out of windows?

Face it, if someone wants to kill another person, they can do it in alot of ways not involving guns. Knives, cars, poisons, baseball bats, machetes, their bare hands, etc. Do we ban all knives, vehicles, baseball, martial arts, and insecticides? Allowing guns allows law abiding citizens to defend themselves.

BJJ-Blue
12-14-2010, 08:26 AM
and we have less gun crime in all areas, in all demographics, in all ranges of population density, per capita, we have significntly less gun crime... its just a fact... you can rationalize that any way you want... but it wont change the facts...

Can't argue with facts. And in America we have our facts as well. Cities like NYC, Detroit, Washington DC, and Chicago have the strictest gun control laws in the country, yet consistantly rank among the top cities for violent crime. While cities in states like Texas and Florida with concealed-carry laws generally have much lower rates of violent crime.

Look at Israel's crime rates vs the US crime rates:

"While the U.S. homicide rate declined slightly in 2004, it was more than 25 percent higher than Israel's combined rate of deaths from crime, suicide bombings and intifada-related military casualties.

Homicide rates in 2004 in a number of major U.S. cities including the nation's capital exceeded rates of Palestinian fatalities at the hands of Israel's army in the past year.

These are among the facts that emerge from data released October 17 in the yearly Uniform Crime Reporting program of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The FBI also found that acts against Jews claimed 67.8 percent of the victims of religious hate crimes tallied in 2004. Anti-Muslim acts accounted for only 12.7 percent of the victims of U.S. religious hate crimes reported for 2004.

Yet Israel's overall death rate from crime and war in the same period was lower. It was 4.3 deaths per 100,000 population. This reflected 174 murders and 122 intifada deaths. (If 41 Israeli soldiers' deaths in the intifada are excluded, the resultant rate was 3.7 killings per 100,000 population. The U.S. homicide rate was almost 50 percent higher than this Israel all-civilian rate.)"

Complete article:
http://www.mideastweb.org/log/archives/00000396.htm

When it's safer to be a Palestinian in Israel than a citizen of Detroit, that about says it all.

read the actual stories before you comment... dude... wtf...

Par for the course.

David Jamieson
12-14-2010, 09:28 AM
only in some places with certain demographics do we have comparable murder rates... for the most part, all non demestic violent crime is less...

We are approx 1/10th the population of the states.
Statistically speaking, our crime rates are similar.

We only have 3 large cities w/ over a million people across the country, with another 5 that are over 500k.

We have a huge land mass, so "certain demographics" etc are inapplicable when we speak about statistical differences.

Syn7
12-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Just like an exchange I saw on All In The Family:

Gloria: Did you know that 65% of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by handguns?

Archie: Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was pushed out of windows?

Face it, if someone wants to kill another person, they can do it in alot of ways not involving guns. Knives, cars, poisons, baseball bats, machetes, their bare hands, etc. Do we ban all knives, vehicles, baseball, martial arts, and insecticides? Allowing guns allows law abiding citizens to defend themselves.

yes but its so much easier to pull a trigger than it is to stick somebody... guns give it that impersonal touch that allows the more cowardly types to commit murder without getting dirty...

SCENARIO: ten thugs beef it out in a park... they are twenty meters from eachother... words are said, threats are made... whats more likely, one side pulls a piece a squeezes from a distance, or a guy pulls a blade and runs into a crowd???

bottom line is that guns create unprecedented opportunity for murder.... the only thing thats ever come close is a crossbow or other less modern projectile weapons... but they still aint guns... i'll take a six shooter and a box of amo over a bow and quiver any day my friends... and i say six shooter, coz im my experience, semi automatic side arms are unreliable... ive personally had too many jams, in rifles and handguns alike... i'll take a revolver anyday when its my life on the line...

Syn7
12-14-2010, 08:16 PM
We are approx 1/10th the population of the states.
Statistically speaking, our crime rates are similar.

We only have 3 large cities w/ over a million people across the country, with another 5 that are over 500k.

We have a huge land mass, so "certain demographics" etc are inapplicable when we speak about statistical differences.

sure in alot of cases it reeally is apples and oranges... nanuk vs el paso doesnt seem like a fair comparison... ofcourse... but i made a point to mention all areas across the spectrum of canadian life... alot of which is VERY comparable to the US...

and i'll say this too... things are changing as we become more and more americanized... you see it in commerce first, but slowly and surely its gripping onto legal and political life aswell... socially, we're not for off... proximity wasnt a factor when you had to call an operator to be patched thru to another area by phone... but now i can conversate face to face with anyone anywhere with a device that is smaller than my wallet... thangs done changed... we'll all be the same soon...

i wonder how long it will take for us to fukc ourselves into one color, one race, one culture... ok maybe one culture is pushing it...... if we get that far...

its all just a matter of time... where we are going is simple... enjoying the ride is the tough part...

BJJ-Blue
12-15-2010, 08:01 AM
yes but its so much easier to pull a trigger than it is to stick somebody... guns give it that impersonal touch that allows the more cowardly types to commit murder without getting dirty...

Yes, true. But guns leave ballistic evidence, knives dont. So from a law enforcement perspective, a killer using a gun leaves more physical evidence (generally of course) than someone who uses a knife, bat, crowbar, etc.

Second, guns 'even the odds' for law abiding people. There is a reason home invasions by multiple people are big problems in areas people cant own guns. Just in San Marco recently 4 teenagers broke into a house to rob it. There was only 1 man home, but he was armed with a gun. 1 teen was dead, 2 were wounded, and the 4th got away without being injured. Without that gun, the homeowner was screwed. 4 vs 1 without a gun is always gonna end up with the 4 guys winning. And of course this being Texas, there were no charges vs the homeowner, but the surviving teens all face capitol murder charges.

Remember, when guns are outlawed, only the outlaws have guns.

MasterKiller
12-15-2010, 02:09 PM
1bad supports this guy's rights.

http://i51.tinypic.com/m79yu1.jpg

Drake
12-15-2010, 02:30 PM
It's sad. The teens were probably just being wreckless, thoughtless teens. Their lives were cut terribly short when a good scare by the cops might have set them straight. I don't think the fact that teens being stupid and getting gunned down over it is a very good example of the right to bear arms.

It's also sad with the school board shooting. This was all point blank and nobody was even grazed. He wanted to be shot. He was hurting and didn't know what to do. He could have easily killed everyone there, and nobody figured that out in the panic.

Both tragedies.

BJJ-Blue
12-15-2010, 02:44 PM
1bad supports this guy's rights.

Assuming he was not a convicted felon and thus barred from them, yes I do. Of course I also believe he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

As for your point, I'm not getting it. I could post pics of a car mangled by a drunk driver where people died and then ask who here supports that guy's rights to own a car.

BJJ-Blue
12-15-2010, 02:52 PM
It's sad. The teens were probably just being wreckless, thoughtless teens.

Yeah, in my younger days me and my buddies often did home invasions. I'm sure every other guy on this board did as well. Right? :rolleyes:

Their lives were cut terribly short when a good scare by the cops might have set them straight. I don't think the fact that teens being stupid and getting gunned down over it is a very good example of the right to bear arms.

Do what?!?!? FYI, the teens were armed. And one was 17, an adult under Texas law. As to being set straight, I'd bet that home owner set the survivors straight. FYI, you should watch COPS more often. It's not unusual to see cops arresting the same kids over and over for the same crimes over and over. My buddy had a car stolen by a teenager, when caught the teens reply was, "Great, my Nintendo is broke and the ones at juvy always work!"

Quick question, if you awaken to find 4 armed teens in your house, are you reaching for your gun or your phone first?

Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Drake
12-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah, in my younger days me and my buddies often did home invasions. I'm sure every other guy on this board did as well. Right? :rolleyes:

Do what?!?!? FYI, the teens were armed. And one was 17, an adult under Texas law. As to being set straight, I'd bet that home owner set the survivors straight. FYI, you should watch COPS more often. It's not unusual to see cops arresting the same kids over and over for the same crimes over and over. My buddy had a car stolen by a teenager, when caught the teens reply was, "Great, my Nintendo is broke and the ones at juvy always work!"

Quick question, if you awaken to find 4 armed teens in your house, are you reaching for your gun or your phone first?

Do you have a disconnect with the gravity of death? It's tragic. People are not static, and they don't remain bad guys or good guys for life. They are dead, never coming back, and nobody will ever know if they could have set themselves straight. THAT is a tragedy. And because the law says 17 is an adult, it's ok to kill them? It's not ok.

"My Nintendo is broke?" who talks like that? When did this happen? 1985?

I really am on the verge of blocking you. Kids died for being stupid, and you think it's an awesome example of the right to shoot someone. Combine this with your support of a deserter, alignment with a delusional athlete, and unusual perspectives on just about everything... you come across as some mutated republican nightmare. An amalganation of the most extreme aspects of a conservative outlook. It's like reading poison, and I think I've had enough.

Syn7
12-15-2010, 09:58 PM
It's sad. The teens were probably just being wreckless, thoughtless teens. Their lives were cut terribly short when a good scare by the cops might have set them straight. I don't think the fact that teens being stupid and getting gunned down over it is a very good example of the right to bear arms.

It's also sad with the school board shooting. This was all point blank and nobody was even grazed. He wanted to be shot. He was hurting and didn't know what to do. He could have easily killed everyone there, and nobody figured that out in the panic.

Both tragedies.

no doubt... this was clearly suicide with a dash of dillusional martyrdom... he could have killed atleast three people with ease... the fact that he didnt hit anyone speaks volumes on what really happened that day...

did the guy have a military or law enforcement background??? was it a legit weapon??? cant remember the details...

also drake... on a side note... im not sure what you do with intelligence but have you come across any info on PTS from the most recent two wars that you are allowed to share with us??? any docs??? what are the percentages like??? is it true that more than half of combat troops have pts in some form or another???

the closest ive ever been to a gun battle was in a house party... in a basement with no windows and two doors... wasnt so much of a gun battle as it was three people peeling caps and people like me diving for cover... scary, but not like war... but it messed a few of my friends up... they were jumpy for a long time... and half of those who didnt carry, carry now, or did afterwards for some time... not legally, obviously... as automatic rifles or handguns are highly illegal and semi auto side arms or any other pistol is next to impossible to aquire a permit to carry... unless you wanna have a long gun in your pickup, you cant really carry here... legally... not hard to buy weapons tho...

even the m72 is easilly purchased by those who know how and where... you just dont usually find them lying on the side of the road... for all intents and purposes they are disposable launchers... you can buy spent ones pretty easilly... every once in a while they find a spent one in the bush or something... this case is crazy coz it was still live and pinned...

Syn7
12-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Assuming he was not a convicted felon and thus barred from them, yes I do. Of course I also believe he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

As for your point, I'm not getting it. I could post pics of a car mangled by a drunk driver where people died and then ask who here supports that guy's rights to own a car.

i feel two DUI's is justification for a lifetime driving ban... PERIOD!!!! i dont care if you blow on the line both times and feel fine... no excuses...

we toughened up our DUI laws here and you know what happened??? we got drunks off the road for a minute... then the police started crying about how it was too much work to enforce and now they are told to use their discretion... which is insane... so one guy gets away while another doesnt??? for the same crime??? by the same cop??? serious bull****... we may as well just give them comfy chairs and some beer and pay them to hang out at the detachement if they are so afraid to do some work and paperwork... fukcing pus$ies... whine whine cry cry... chumpz...

Syn7
12-15-2010, 10:14 PM

neither... i cant believe you dont even know what to do in this situation...

Syn7
12-15-2010, 10:16 PM

so what are you saying blue??? youve never kicked somebodies door in to get at them??? i mean, who hasnt done that, right???

Syn7
12-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Do you have a disconnect with the gravity of death? It's tragic. People are not static, and they don't remain bad guys or good guys for life. They are dead, never coming back, and nobody will ever know if they could have set themselves straight. THAT is a tragedy. And because the law says 17 is an adult, it's ok to kill them? It's not ok.

I really am on the verge of blocking you. Kids died for being stupid, and you think it's an awesome example of the right to shoot someone. Combine this with your support of a deserter, alignment with a delusional athlete, and unusual perspectives on just about everything... you come across as some mutated republican nightmare. An amalganation of the most extreme aspects of a conservative outlook. It's like reading poison, and I think I've had enough.

yeah its sad to see kids murderedd because they broke into a house... killed to protect material objects... real nice... if you shut ur bedroom door, take a good position depending on what weapons you have at ur disposal, yelled out that you were calling 911 and were armed to the teeth, 99.99999999999% of the time the thieves will just turn and run, armed or not... if they come after you after that, well, its most likely they arent there for your stuff, they are there for YOU, in which case, shoot away the second that door opens and you see its not a familiar face... but identify before shooting, please... wouldnt wanna kill a cop or someone from ur hood checking on you after the theives left.....

BJJ-Blue
12-16-2010, 07:53 AM

Do you have a disconnect with reality? If 4 armed teens break into a house, they **** sure deserve to be shot. What if they had shot the homeowner? Ever think of that? They were armed after all.

And you are allowed to shoot intruders in Texas, no matter what the age.

Close. It was either 1988 or 1989. Can't remeber which.

I really am on the verge of blocking you. Kids died for being stupid, and you think it's an awesome example of the right to shoot someone.

What part of 4 armed teens broke into a guys house do you not get? If that's not a justified shooting in your eyes, what in the world is? And yes, it's a perfect example. When anyone breaks in to your home, where you live, eat, sleep, raise your family, etc they do darn well deserve to be shot.

It's not like they were running around with a pellet gun popping car windows. That's stupid, and honestly, not worthy of being shot (although Texas law does allow the use of deadly force to protect your property at night). I was a stupid kid, and not once did I do a friggin home invasion

i feel two DUI's is justification for a lifetime driving ban... PERIOD!!!! i dont care if you blow on the line both times and feel fine... no excuses...

Agreed. But I was replying to MKs post. Just because some idiots kill people driving drunk is no reason to ban everyone from owning a car and going back to banning alcohol. You punish lawbreakers for their misdeeds, not everyone.

so what are you saying blue??? youve never kicked somebodies door in to get at them??? i mean, who hasnt done that, right???

Yeah, I've actually lost count of the number of times I've done that. Guess I'm lucky I never got shot.

BJJ-Blue
12-16-2010, 08:00 AM
yeah its sad to see kids murderedd because they broke into a house... killed to protect material objects... real nice...

Dude, the teens were armed! Ever heard of criminals 'leaving no witnesses'? What if they were loking to rape the guy's wife? If anyone breaks in to a house armed, you can't say they are only looking to steal property.

And it was not a murder, it was justifiable homicide. Although the suviving teens were charged with capitol murder. In Texas (and some other states) if someone dies during the comission of a crime you are involved in, you can be charged with capitol murder. And yes, that includes accomplices, not just the victims.

if you shut ur bedroom door, take a good position depending on what weapons you have at ur disposal, yelled out that you were calling 911 and were armed to the teeth, 99.99999999999% of the time the thieves will just turn and run, armed or not... if they come after you after that, well, its most likely they arent there for your stuff, they are there for YOU, in which case, shoot away the second that door opens and you see its not a familiar face... but identify before shooting, please... wouldnt wanna kill a cop or someone from ur hood checking on you after the theives left.....

Do you have any crime statistics to back that up? 99.99999999999 seems awful high.