PDA

View Full Version : I Spent The Afternoon Hanging Out With Chiu Chi Ling

cerebus
12-16-2010, 10:44 PM
I just had a great time spending the afternoon/ evening talking with Kung Fu Grandmaster Chiu Chi Ling at his home in Alameda. Chiu Sifu is well-known as a famous star of many movies and television shows in Hong Kong. Many in the US will know him for his role in the movie "Kung Fu Hustle", he was the powerfully built guy fighting the hatchet men with the iron rings around his forearms.

Anyway, Chiu Sifu is not only a world-famous Kung Fu master and actor, he is a VERY nice person and a great host. He was very kind and showed me his fascinating photo albums with pictures from the 1950s up to the present day. We then went to the kitchen and had tea while talking about Kung Fu and many other things. Thank you very much Chiu Sifu, I had a great time talking with you and I will contact you when I'm able to visit again. :)

Gowgee
12-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Wow - Sounds like a lot of fun!

I love that first big fight scene in Kung Fu Hustle with him, the CLF guy and the staff fighter. What a classic!

So.. what kind of kung fu stuff did you guys talk about?? :)

cerebus
12-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Mostly we talked about the similarities between various styles and how Kung Fu is about so much more than just fighting. He has ALOT of old photos from around the world and we spent quite alot of time with him showing those to me (I love old historical pics).

CFT
12-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I love that first big fight scene in Kung Fu Hustle with him, the CLF guy and the staff fighter. What a classic!Not CLF. It was Tan Tui.

Gowgee
12-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks CFT - good to know!

sihing
12-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Mostly we talked about the similarities between various styles and how Kung Fu is about so much more than just fighting. He has ALOT of old photos from around the world and we spent quite alot of time with him showing those to me (I love old historical pics).

You know that's blasphemy around here, Kung Fu more than just fighting, nonsense, what else is there besides fighting, fighting and more FIghting, lol...

James

Violent Designs
12-20-2010, 03:48 PM
You know that's blasphemy around here, Kung Fu more than just fighting, nonsense, what else is there besides fighting, fighting and more FIghting, lol...

James

But it is the basis of martial arts, fighting.

You may have your own philosophy...

I prescribe by the vision of martial arts Li Shu Wen believed in.