PDA

View Full Version : Just released my first song!

MasterKiller
12-20-2010, 07:53 AM
I hope you like moobies, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbJs-9ST0

David Jamieson
12-20-2010, 08:13 AM
not crazy about da moobies, but he has 3 very nice outfits for when he's rollin and the haters are hatin.

****, I guess dude hasn't heard about how autotune will fix his voice and make it sound like correct tone and pitch.

One day...one day.

Syn7
12-20-2010, 11:22 PM
yeah unfortunately autotune is an industry standard in pop music now... you know, with real singers, its the fact that sometimes they are ever so slightly off that makes it have "more" to it... like the difference between a real drumloop and a synthetic one... when i was like 16 i got my first set of decks and i was always annoyed with how real drummers, alot of the time, didnt match up very well with a drum machine... but the real drums have that organic feel... so ofcourse eventually when i started getting more into production, around the year 1999 or 2000, some good tools came out and over time you learn good tricks... like slightly offsetting certain hits in your drumline... not quite randomly, but without pattern... gives it that organic feel and its quite noticable...

anyways, my ranting point is that autotune, athough a handy tool at times, SUCKS because of how its being used... using it as an effect is very played out for one, but having perfect pitch and such at all times makes your music soung fake... because it is fake... just like a drum machine... but i love drum machines:D

David Jamieson
12-21-2010, 06:13 AM
I agree. Autotune is being abused and is used to propel no talents shlubs up the ladder.

It is handy for the recording process to be sure and takes a rough edge off where required, but a good singer is a good singer and these days, pop music has almost NO good singers and instead has a lot of auto tune bot drones.

People are listening to music with their eyes now. They can't even discern what music is they've gone so long without it and instead have thumping drivel pounded into them on their radios day in and day out.

And THAT my friends is why classic rock stations will always be around. I know, I hate it too and If I have to listen to them over-killing the greats over and over again I usually tune out and listen to my car motor hum instead. But still, way better that most of what's out there...unfortunately.