PDA

View Full Version : training toys and vagabond martial artists

uki
12-25-2010, 07:53 AM
having since been laid off while waiting for some winter work to open up, i have been remodeling the basement - blocked off the garage door and put in a 78x46 inch window... i used a chainsaw to cut a log out off my annual logging truck delivery of firewood; then proceeded to use a hand drill and a chisel to notch out a 5 inch deep hole in which i then hammered in a solid steel rod - WALA!!!! improv striking dummy - placed within a strategic distance of my heavy bag so one can utilize and change from both at whim... as i then sat and admired my handy work i suddenly had an awesome idea to put out the invitation for all you transient and vagabond martial artists to come and stop by and offer some input. free room and board in exchange for work building solar showers, an outside kitchen, well house, garden expansion, greenhouse, pig tending, and other projects... we have 3 acres on a 19 acre family parcel complete with a stream, bog, and a pond. our goal is to have a fully developed eco-community of like minded volunteers... in these dark days i feel it is my obligation to offer shelter to the less than fortunate who may have found themselves tossed about in the fray of these day's.

anyone interested can PM me for details. :)

Scott R. Brown
12-25-2010, 08:01 AM
having since been laid off while waiting for some winter work to open up, i have been remodeling the basement - blocked off the garage door and put in a 78x46 inch window... i used a chainsaw to cut a log out off my annual logging truck delivery of firewood; then proceeded to use a hand drill and a chisel to notch out a 5 inch deep hole in which i then hammered in a solid steel rod - WALA!!!! improv striking dummy - placed within a strategic distance of my heavy bag so one can utilize and change from both at whim... as i then sat and admired my handy work i suddenly had an awesome idea to put out the invitation for all you transient and vagabond martial artists to come and stop by and offer some input. free room and board in exchange for work building solar showers, an outside kitchen, well house, garden expansion, greenhouse, pig tending, and other projects... we have 3 acres on a 19 acre family parcel complete with a stream, bog, and a pond. our goal is to have a fully developed eco-community of like minded volunteers... in these dark days i feel it is my obligation to offer shelter to the less than fortunate who may have found themselves tossed about in the fray of these day's.

What's up with you buddy? Smoking too much or laid off for so long you are going brain dead? You should know better than to start a thread like this without pictures!

Get with the program.:)

uki
12-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Get with the program.i am rewriting it. :p

David Jamieson
12-25-2010, 08:58 AM
opening a retreat for martial artists eh?

hmmmn I heard of something like taht, but yours sounds more authentic.

:)

merry christmas.

uki
12-25-2010, 09:03 AM
opening a retreat for martial artists eh?

hmmmn I heard of something like taht, but yours sounds more authentic.seriously... might aswell follow the age old wisdom of "build it and they will come." the potential is enormous...

ShaolinDan
12-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Cool stuff, Uki. My best friend has been getting into that stuff the last few years. Eventually he (and maybe I'll help) plans to start a self-sustaining community/learning center of his own.

No idea where you're located, but I (and maybe he) would be real interested to check out what you've got going on there if it made any logistical sense.

He's out west and I'll be heading that way in the spring to visit. It's just a guess, but I'm guessing you're out west as well.

Keep up the good work. :)

Dale Dugas
12-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Hey Uki,

Glad to see you back my friend.

Wishing you and your clan the very best from my clan!

mooyingmantis
12-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Uki,
Welcome back!
I have also toyed with that idea on my five acres in Southern Ohio. Back in the late 70s and early 80s I started studying green living technologies. Finally, at this point in my life I can afford to start doing this. Perhaps we can share some ideas.
Best of luck brother!

uki
12-26-2010, 06:31 AM
No idea where you're located, but I (and maybe he) would be real interested to check out what you've got going on there if it made any logistical sense.

He's out west and I'll be heading that way in the spring to visit. It's just a guess, but I'm guessing you're out west as well.actually i am in the poconos of pennsylvania...

Hey Uki,

Glad to see you back my friend.

Wishing you and your clan the very best from my clan!thanks dale! clan is good... the 11 month old already likes to whack the heavy bag.

Uki,
Welcome back!
I have also toyed with that idea on my five acres in Southern Ohio. Back in the late 70s and early 80s I started studying green living technologies. Finally, at this point in my life I can afford to start doing this. Perhaps we can share some ideas.
Best of luck brother!my first idea i would like to share is to get some pigs... they are excellent for tilling and fertilizing the ground aswell as keeping the left over foods and scraps from going to waste... i had 3, now i have 7... pot bellies that is... earlier this fall when it was archery season, my male came out of the woods with an arrow sticking out of it - he lived and now i don't let them roam. second ideal advice is that federal regulation trumps state, county, and local laws regarding livestock - federal guidelines state that you can have upto 2000lbs of livestock per acre. :D

mickey
12-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Greetings,

Are you sure this is uki?

This guy sounds a little softer. The wit and sarcasm is missing.

Where are those btdt responses?

I think this may either be an imposter or that uki has has a Gandalf-ian transformation while dealing with sinister forces.

If it is truly you, welcome back.

mickey

SPJ
12-26-2010, 09:07 AM

sounds great, if ever in your hood--

:)

EarthDragon
12-26-2010, 09:10 AM
the pocono's are sweet, been through them amny times on Rt 17

uki
12-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Greetings,

Are you sure this is uki?

This guy sounds a little softer. The wit and sarcasm is missing.

Where are those btdt responses?

I think this may either be an imposter or that uki has has a Gandalf-ian transformation while dealing with sinister forces.

If it is truly you, welcome back.

mickeyif i were any wittier you wouldn't understand the sarcasm of it all. ;)

mickey
12-27-2010, 05:15 AM
It's him, It's him!!!

He's back!!!! uki is back!

mickey

uki
12-27-2010, 05:27 AM
It's him, It's him!!!

He's back!!!! uki is back!not back... just around. :D