PDA

View Full Version : Paul Waggoner Freed From Haitian Prison

Syn7
12-30-2010, 03:13 PM
and what a fukced up story this is aye???

what do yall think about all this???

for those who dont know, paul was arrested but not charged yet still held in a haitian penetentary for practicing voodoo...

ok so what happened is paul is some sort of medic who went to haiti to help in a medical capacity... a man brought in his son and after the docs tried to save him the boy died... anyways, long story short, the father picked paul to level charges, probably because paul gave him more attention than anyone else did, even gave him his personal phone number so he could help him retrieve his sons body... anyways, the father later said that paul practiced voodoo on his son and turned him into a zombie(no i am not joking, this is serious and for real)... so they arrested paul, no charges and threw him in a dark cell for a few weeks until they could get to court... the consulate did nothing and said they needed to respect haityian law and that because his court hearing was on dec 24, being xmas eve, nobody at the consulate was working so they didnt go to his court hearing... i guess the day before a holiday is more important than saving a man who did nothing but help this man... it was a cash grab, albiet a stupid one... im disgusted at how the US just left him out to dry like that and couldnt even be bothered to attend his hearings because they were too close to xmas... fukcing joke... sure we should respect haitian law, but only to an extent... if he had been found guilty, they would have let him die in there, i have no doubt of that and neither does paul or his close friends that were there to witness all this while supporting paul...

so sad...

but he is free and he is going home... in a bit he'll go back to haiti if he can... but its dangerous for him now... there was actually a mob out looking for him to kill him when he was released... brutal... these people are still living in the 1800's... sad... i know some haitians, good people... but very superstitious and rather backwards in comparison to other 3rd worlders ive befriended...

so whats the lesson here??? if you are an american and you get into trouble outside of the US, dont expect any help from the official US representatives in the area... get a local lawyer, the best you can afford and cross ur fingers... the consulate will not help you... even if you are clearly free of guilt of a crime that is absurd to begin with... like making zombie children... not even that was enough to get the US officials to give up a few hours of vacation time... i pis$ on US policy and all who left this man hang out to dry...