PDA

View Full Version : 10th Dan Judo Master

RickMatz
12-30-2010, 07:32 PM
One of the greatest Judo masters - Mifume! (http://cookdingskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/06/judo-10th-dan-master-video.html)

sanjuro_ronin
12-31-2010, 06:06 AM
Kyuzo Mifune was one of those masters that defined the art, not just a generation.
Too bad most of what we have are clips when he is older and his students are being far more compliant than they should be, but they say in his youth that he was truly untouchable.
He embodied what Judo is supposed to be: effortless perfection.

goju
01-02-2011, 03:53 AM
yes it would have been amazing to have seen him in his prime

RickMatz
01-02-2011, 05:03 PM
A senior Judo/Aikido person I know and respect told me that as the story goes, Ueshiba would not allow Mifume to watch aikido training. He felt that Mifume was good enough to "steal" the art by merely watching it being practiced.

That's a testimonial!

mawali
01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
A senior Judo/Aikido person I know and respect told me that as the story goes, Ueshiba would not allow Mifume to watch aikido training. He felt that Mifume was good enough to "steal" the art by merely watching it being practiced.

That's a testimonial!

That is surely a testimonial to how people like Ueshiba were able to size up their competition without being crude! They realized some people can dissect an art without tasting it and that is a lost talent these days!