PDA

View Full Version : David Peterson DVD

Jubei1
01-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Has anyone seen this DVD series?
if so can you please inform me if it is worth purchasing or can you recommend another?

I appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Jubei

KPM
01-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Has anyone seen this DVD series?
if so can you please inform me if it is worth purchasing or can you recommend another?

I appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Jubei

David Peterson has done three DVD sets covering the Siu Lim Tau, Chum Kiu, and Dummy Forms. They are done in a "seminar format." The first two actually have a group of students taking part and he shows them techniques and applications as well as lecturing and demo'ing. The third one has no students, but features Dave lecturing and demo'ing on the dummy from multiple angles. They are all very well presented and well-worth buying.

tigershorty
01-05-2011, 02:27 PM
buy them. they're great resources and shot well. David did an excellent job and they're must haves.

and another great dvd is the ernie barrios one that just came out. altho, im not sure if it's public or just his students have it at the moment. but that one is also really good.

Jubei1
01-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Thank you gentlemen,

trying to research DVD's can be overwhelming with all the choices out there.
I appreciate your responses.

couch
01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
They are probably one of the best series on the market today. I didn't feel like I wasted any money when they came in the mail.

I also enjoyed some of the Alan Orr's stuff, but he has a larger series and it's hard for me to watch it all. Alan's Chi Sau stuff was of most interest to me because it looked like the direction I was going in my own development and helped point the way a little more (example: a 'loose and free-flow' into other areas/ranges/whathaveyou)

KPM
01-06-2011, 01:37 PM
They are probably one of the best series on the market today. I didn't feel like I wasted any money when they came in the mail.

I also enjoyed some of the Alan Orr's stuff, but he has a larger series and it's hard for me to watch it all. Alan's Chi Sau stuff was of most interest to me because it looked like the direction I was going in my own development and helped point the way a little more (example: a 'loose and free-flow' into other areas/ranges/whathaveyou)

Yes, Alan's videos are another set that I consider a "must have"! And, I am no follower of Benny Meng, but the series of videos he did on Yip Man WCK are pretty good, and at a cheaper price point than most.