MasterKiller
01-06-2011, 07:28 AM
http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=strikeforce-bracket.jpg

viper
01-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Looks pretty sweet.

Syn7
01-13-2011, 06:48 PM
my guess is overeem vs rogers in the final...

fedor will beat silva but lose to overeem... rogers will beat barnet and then after kharitonov beats arlovski, he will get beat up by rogers... overeem vs rogers final and i think overeem will win...

i'd like to see barnett do well tho... werdum too... but i just cant see it happening....

this is my prediction

its crazy how far strikeforce has let M1 in... all coz of fedor... hope he's worth it... without fedor m1 is basically a guy standing there with his hand out waiting for his cut... i wonder what % they are throwing down for the events... i dont like the way m1 operates at all...

Syn7
01-14-2011, 08:34 PM
anyone else care to make a prediction??? come on now, throw em up....

Ultimatewingchun
01-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Fedor beats Silva, and then beats Werdum (who beat Overeem)...

Barnett beats Rogers, and then beats Kharitonov (who beat Arlovski)...

Fedor beats Barnett in the final to take the whole thing.

Syn7
01-16-2011, 04:25 PM
way different ay... you really think barnett will beat rogers? i think rogers will knock him out... i'll guess in the second, tko by punches or solid ko...

i also dont see werdum beating overeem... as much as i dislike overeem, he's a beast... i dont think that match will go the distance either...

i agree fedor will win his first fight...

also, i cant see arlovski going anywhere... he's on the very back end of his career... if he does pull it off, it will be a short lived come back... IMO anyways...

anyone else???

Frost
01-17-2011, 06:08 AM
fedor to meet overeem in one semi

Rogers against arlovski in the other

oRgers into the final to face.....(i'd like to say fedor but Overeem is a beast) so overeem in the final and overeem for the win!

Syn7
01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
haha, watch silva take it now lol...

almost the same ay... just the arlovski difference... i almost went that way, but changed my mind... and im stickin to it... :D

any more??? c'mon now, i know yall out there, lets get it on record...

jason.
01-19-2011, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HBIavLiCxM&feature=player_embedded

I am really excited by this tournament.

n.mitch
01-22-2011, 04:04 PM
It should be good, shame overeems title isn't on the line till after the tournament, he will stil be the strikeforce champ if he loses in the first round. I think overeem will win the whole thing thought

Violent Designs
01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Overeem will murder Werdum with ease.

Werdum doesn't have great takedowns and his standup is, well, nothing compared to Overeem.

Fedor will crush Bigfoot.

It all comes down to whoever wins between Fedor and Overeem; that person will go on to win the tournament.

Oh, and I'm calling Kharitanov to upset everyone in his bracket and crush Barnett (who is gonna be Rogers by GnP).

Syn7
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Overeem will murder Werdum with ease.

Werdum doesn't have great takedowns and his standup is, well, nothing compared to Overeem.

Fedor will crush Bigfoot.

It all comes down to whoever wins between Fedor and Overeem; that person will go on to win the tournament.

Oh, and I'm calling Kharitanov to upset everyone in his bracket and crush Barnett (who is gonna be Rogers by GnP).

i agree that kharitanov will beat arlovski but thats it, barnett or rogers would hurt him... but barnett over rogers??? i'll wager a nickel on rogers, my friend...

and fedor is a machine... you cant ever rule him out, but i think overeem would beat him 8 out of 10 times and 5 of those would be in devastating fashion...

Violent Designs
01-23-2011, 10:15 PM
i agree that kharitanov will beat arlovski but thats it, barnett or rogers would hurt him... but barnett over rogers??? i'll wager a nickel on rogers, my friend...

and fedor is a machine... you cant ever rule him out, but i think overeem would beat him 8 out of 10 times and 5 of those would be in devastating fashion...

Rogers is overrated dude.... Barnett will take him down, GnP or submit him.

Kharitonov is the TOUGHEST mofo going into that tournament and he CAN and WILL bang it out with Rogers and if anything, outlast the guy LOL.

WAR SERGEI

LSWCTN1
01-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Werdum has already beaten Overeem in the past, but I think Overeem takes it...

Fedor beats Silva

Kharitonov KO's Arlovski

Barnett via GnP

Fedor KO's Overeem - thats how to beat him... I'm **** sure Kharitonov has already done this to Overeem too?

I struggle to call on Barnett and Kharitonov - but the winner still loses to Fedor in the final

Syn7
02-04-2011, 08:01 PM
lotsa fedor love huh...

i like fedor... but his management company is populated by bottom feeders and absolute wastes of skin... i mean these guys arent the big players they think they are... they only have one fighter worth mentioning... how that makes them feel they can dictate the state of mma, i have no idea... fedor is not the greatest, he's ONE of the greatest... you dont see ed soares trying to extort everyone... these fukcin guys, are they mobbed up or what??? i know alexander has russian mob tats but theyve been exposed as fake and wannabe-ish... i dunno, i'd like to see fedor managed by human beings before he's completely worn out and tossed aside...

i really like fedor, as a person and a fighter, but his managers are are just such knuckle dragging evolutionary cul de sacs... quite unfortunate...

you should hear white talk about all the offers theyve thrown back in his face...

anyone else??? predictions... overeem first round tko final...

Zenshiite
02-05-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't know, I'm pulling for Fedor. He and Overeem are definitely going to meet in the Semis, and that match is going to be a war! It's exciting. Overeem is a scary dude, and Fedor is sort deceptively flabby. I don't know who I'd favor there. Either one of them I'd favor for the whole thing though.

I'm toying with getting a nosebleed seat for the opening fight next week in NJ. 65 buck though...

SenseiShellie
02-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Is this all happening in one night? Because if it is, that will effect my predictions majorly...but here they are if they are taking place over multiple nights (like Pride FC used to do).

Quarter Finals:

Fedor beats Silva. Overeem beats Werdum. Kharitonov beats Arlovski. Barnett beats Rogers.

Semi Finals:

Fedor beats Overeem, Barnett beats Kharitonov.

Finals:

All out war with Fedor and Barnett...but, Fedor wins.

Now, if this is old school (as in early UFC's) and this all happens in one night, here's what I say.

Quarter Finals:

Fedor beats Silva. Overeem beats Werdum. Kharitonov beats Arlovski. Barnett beats Rogers.

Semi Finals:

Fedor beats Overeem (barely), Barnett beats Kharitonov.

Finals:

Fedor gases and Barnett wins.

Zenshiite
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Not one night. It's going to last about half the year is my guess.

Nite Templar
02-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Yep, looks like he's getting ready.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/300750/Showtime-promo-video-for-Fedor-Emelianenko/

SenseiShellie
02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Not one night. It's going to last about half the year is my guess.

darn! i wish it would be one night...that'd be awesome!

Violent Designs
02-13-2011, 12:59 AM
I CALLED IT.

Kharitanov is a beast, looked like his old self. Just looked like a **** machine from Soviet Russia, hahahaha.

Arlovski didn't stand a chance.

Syn7
02-13-2011, 03:07 AM
thats what im sayin... arlovski is done... he just doesnt have it anymore...

Zenshiite
02-13-2011, 05:43 AM
What a night, huh? First of all, every fight was great fun. The main card was entertaining all the way, and so were the undercards(thanks HDNet for airing that!).

Arlovski is done, no doubt. Shamrock hit the nail on the head saying "the brain wasn't meant to be shut off like that so much."

And Fedor... wow.

Syn7
02-13-2011, 12:42 PM
ok so we all got that one wrong lol... i used to bet against fedor, but even when he was losing he managed to win... i guess i got to used to siding with him...ok minor adjustment to the prediction lol... silva loses to overeem, everything else stays the same... i was haping to call all 7, but i can settle for six...

Zenshiite
02-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I don't see Silva walking away from Overeem.

In all honesty... I kind of want Valentijn Overeem to have to step into the tourney just to see him fight Alistair.

Hebrew Hammer
02-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Fedor lost again! Another sign of the forth coming Apocalypse...just sayin. Its amazing how fast one's career can turn in this sport. Hope Fedor makes a comeback, I like the Last Emperor. Overeem is probably money from here on out but I like Kharitonov's chances too. Arlovski is like burnt toast...you can't salvage it.

Syn7
02-13-2011, 09:01 PM
i feel bad for fedor, he had a great career tho... but ultimately i am ecstatic... why??? coz if fedor retires then we wont have to deal with those massive bottom feeding knuckle dragging retards he calls a management team... i wanna see M1 fail and go out of business... they are such trash... time for them to go... by by red devils... time for gegard to find a new crew... if fedor really does retire, that is...

Vajramusti
02-14-2011, 12:05 PM
A forty pound weight difference among skilled people in a combative sporting event is--HUGE.

joy chaudhuri

monji112000
02-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Yep, looks like he's getting ready.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/300750/Showtime-promo-video-for-Fedor-Emelianenko/

:D yet again Fedor clearly showed his ground game was not on the level it should have been. His half guard was horrible, and Silva easily mount him.. it was honestly a joke.

His stand up was nothing to speak of also..

I love Fedor, but all that trash talking about BJJ and Sambo being enough .. two times in a row A BJJ black belt has shown him that ... YES YOU NEED TO LEARN and train BJJ.

Sambo is great, but unless you are a master of dealing with bad situations.. you will never have a good ground game.

goju
02-15-2011, 11:06 AM
^ i disagree big foot didnt get anything on fedor he took his back a bunch of times and didnt get a choke, failed leg locks, didnt get the head an arm triangle etc etc

i mean sure big foot scored dominant position but outside of the punches on the mount he didnt do much

i had thought originally that the fight was stopped during the round from the cut not after so who knows how the fight could have went if fedor didnt get sliced open

Hebrew Hammer
02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
:D yet again Fedor clearly showed his ground game was not on the level it should have been. His half guard was horrible, and Silva easily mount him.. it was honestly a joke.

His stand up was nothing to speak of also..

I love Fedor, but all that trash talking about BJJ and Sambo being enough .. two times in a row A BJJ black belt has shown him that ... YES YOU NEED TO LEARN and train BJJ.

Sambo is great, but unless you are a master of dealing with bad situations.. you will never have a good ground game.

Dude, you don't go undefeated for a decade and think oh, what's game missing? BJJ? He was beating Verduun's ass, the fight was very close to being stopped and he got careless.

And his stand up is usually devasting!!!

Big Foot did kick his ass, you can give up 40 lbs to guy doing stand up or if you get the dominant position on the ground but its very hard to give up that kind of weight to a GIANT grappler who has dominant position.

He didn't loose because of BJJ v Sambo...he lost probably because of age, mental state of mind (he may have some doubt) and poor tactics.

Syn7
02-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Dude, you don't go undefeated for a decade and think oh, what's game missing? BJJ? He was beating Verduun's ass, the fight was very close to being stopped and he got careless.

And his stand up is usually devasting!!!

Big Foot did kick his ass, you can give up 40 lbs to guy doing stand up or if you get the dominant position on the ground but its very hard to give up that kind of weight to a GIANT grappler who has dominant position.

He didn't loose because of BJJ v Sambo...he lost probably because of age, mental state of mind (he may have some doubt) and poor tactics.

that fight, among other recent examples, illustrates the dire need to split the heavyweight division... most divisions are 15 pounds apart, some are ten, and then you get this 60 pound difference in HW... its stupid IMO... one could even argue that it should be split in 3... 20 pounds each...

guys who walk around at 240 shouldnt have to cut 35 pounds just to be competative...

goju
02-15-2011, 11:46 AM
i think fedor should be fighting at a lighter weight class as well

he is only five foot ten so at the most he should be a light heavy

SnowDog
02-15-2011, 01:42 PM
I agree, the weight mis-match was way too much in this fight, it was stupid. They said that Bigfoot was 265 at weigh in, but was walking around over 280 at fight time.
I don't care how good you are, when you have a skilled BJJ BlackBelt on you in a dominat position who out weighs you by 50+ pounds you are SOL!!!!

MMA really needs to get some new weight classes for over 205lb.

Zenshiite
02-15-2011, 04:52 PM
^Too true.

B.Tunks
02-16-2011, 10:42 PM
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2011/0216/536593/fedor-emelianenko/

Shaolin
02-17-2011, 05:23 PM
BS on the weight mismatch. Fedor was running through guys who were clearly bigger and stronger when he was in Pride. Now that he's losing there's all sorts of excuses. I think he just doesn't have the heart to fight.

Frost
02-18-2011, 12:43 AM
BS on the weight mismatch. Fedor was running through guys who were clearly bigger and stronger when he was in Pride. Now that he's losing there's all sorts of excuses. I think he just doesn't have the heart to fight.

lol anyone questioning his heart needs their head examining, he was running through bigger but less talented guys, now hes not only past his prime he is also up against guys 60 pounds heavier who are almost as good, its like bj penn fighting anderson silva:rolleyes:

The fact is size matters, one of the main reasons lesnar was champ was he outweighted most opponents by 50 or 60 pounds

Syn7
02-18-2011, 01:00 AM
how long do you think it'll take to get a HW broken up into HW and SHW or even into three???

unfortunately, i cant see it happening soon... especially in the UFC... they just started two new divisions and if they break up HW they will need more airtime, which is what held them back from having FW and BW for so long... i would also like to see a flyweight division someday... and a cruiserweight for that matter... ultimately i'd like to see it be about 7-8lb differences between classes as opposed to 15lbs... but definately not 60lbs differences lol...

Frost
02-18-2011, 05:38 AM
i doubt it will happen, simply not enough good fighters to have 2 seperate divisions, and even then you'd have guys cutting alot of weight to get in the lower catagory, as you do now h*ll what does anderson walk around at 200+?

Vajramusti
02-18-2011, 09:01 PM
lol anyone questioning his heart needs their head examining, he was running through bigger but less talented guys, now hes not only past his prime he is also up against guys 60 pounds heavier who are almost as good, its like bj penn fighting anderson silva:rolleyes:

The fact is size matters, one of the main reasons lesnar was champ was he outweighted most opponents by 50 or 60 pounds
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agree with all of the above. Plus-his right eye was swollen shut.

joy chaudhuri

Syn7
03-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Well I'm glad Barnett has done so well.

Most of us missed the mark on the predictions tho. We all knew Arlovski was gonna get stomped out but other than that most of us only got 1 or 2 right.

Syn7
03-27-2012, 07:18 PM
how long do you think it'll take to get a HW broken up into HW and SHW or even into three???

unfortunately, i cant see it happening soon... especially in the UFC... they just started two new divisions and if they break up HW they will need more airtime, which is what held them back from having FW and BW for so long... i would also like to see a flyweight division someday... and a cruiserweight for that matter... ultimately I'd like to see it be about 7-8lb differences between classes as opposed to 15lbs... but definitely not 60lbs differences lol...

Well, at least the fly's are getting love now. I would still like to see a SHW division. Like 240-280 or somethin... These guys that fight at like 220 don't really stand much of a chance to get that strap. If you are 220 and you do win the belt then that means you are "extrasuperawesome" guy. That's like 0ver 50lb difference with the top big guys who weigh in at 265 but fight at like 280. That's like a LW fighting a LHW, it's insane and not very "fair".

BTW... For the record, BJ Penn has fought at higher weights. Like when he fought Machida at K1 I think he was at like 190 and Machida was around 205.