MasterKiller
01-06-2011, 09:09 AM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhBtdQvDJLQy55M05q

lkfmdc
01-06-2011, 09:20 AM
You know, more uncles like that, a lot less problems, believe it or not

David Jamieson
01-06-2011, 09:22 AM
When the old man gets older, the young one merely has to pick his day.
violence begets more violence.

MasterKiller
01-06-2011, 09:27 AM
When the old man gets older, the young one merely has to pick his day.
violence begets more violence.

:rolleyes: Or, the young one gets old enough to appreciate what the old one did for him.

David Jamieson
01-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Or they both die in a tornado while driving through Oklahoma :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:p

nobody appreciates being beaten and humiliated in front of their friends.
I'm pretty certain of that.

the old man could have made his point without the violence.
Violence is often refuge for an incapable mind.

lkfmdc
01-06-2011, 09:33 AM
:rolleyes: Or, the young one gets old enough to appreciate what the old one did for him.

ignore the granola chomping tree hugger

"let's have a peace in, yeah!"

KC Elbows
01-06-2011, 09:59 AM
I've spoken with nephews and neices about their fb behavior and changed it without ever having to resort to hitting them, and my stepson would never act inappropriately on fb because we taught him how to treat people. Never had to hit him once.

When one kid I know started acting tough guyish, I asked him how often he was hitting the heavy bag. Never. I told him if he wanted to act tough, he was just being a poseur, if you want to be tough, train for it and be disciplined, you want to be a poseur, you embarrass the people in our life, and we all talk about your behavior behind your bck like you're a child. He got the idea.

I know one gifted martial artist who drinks too much and gets in fights with schlubs. He was beaten by his family plenty of times, that backfired.

MasterKiller
01-06-2011, 10:03 AM
http://mob124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/djmbklyn/matthughes-disappointed.gif

EarthDragon
01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
when a parent or guardian of a child needs to resort to psyical punishment to get thier point acrossed they have failed as a parent.

upbringing is so negelcted nowadays most parents dotn knwo how to raise thier children because we are creatures of habit, bad upbringing breeds more bad upbrining.

hskwarrior
01-06-2011, 10:37 AM
wow! that so reminds me of how i grew up. except my father had a different method of administering this kind of punishment. I totally agree with it as well.

the kind of punishment received in that video will be carried through his life. the lack of that in todays society is why crime is up!!!!! why kids disrespect their parents and other parents.

it doesn't matter if people don't agree with it. unlike what you see in caucasian families ONLY....from what i've personally seen for myself (being stereotypical right now)....little white babies having temper tantrums. moms and dads having to repeat themselves over and over and over while the parent that will spank their child only has to mention the belt or give that LOOK that means the belt it coming.

HIT EM AGAIN FOR ME MAN!!!!!!

wenshu
01-06-2011, 10:45 AM
The reality is most uncles are like this guy. (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/12/31/2010-12-31_florida_man_arrested_for_indecent_exposure_said _he_was_saving_his_private_parts_.html?r=news)

hskwarrior
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
The reality is most uncles are like this guy.

thats because he never got the belt like the boy in the video! lmao

David Jamieson
01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Frank. Statisticaly speaking crime is waaaaayyyy down and has been on a steady decrease for quite some time.

Beating your kids for whatever reason is short sighted and reflective of your own inability to rear them effectively.

I could throw 700 million papers of research that directly correlate to this.

But hey, if you think beating people down solves familial problems or behaviour problems your are wrong. You are creating more problems that will manifest later.

Having said that, there is no reason to not be firm and assertive with those who are your charges.

You don't actually need to raise your voice even to do this. Making your children or family fear you is a crap road to walk down.

Peace is the way!

hskwarrior
01-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Frank. Statisticaly speaking crime is waaaaayyyy down and has been on a steady decrease for quite some time.

NOT WHERE I LIVE! every day someone is getting killed right now. EVERY SINGLE GOD DANG DAY man. sad very sad.

Beating your kids for whatever reason is short sighted and reflective of your own inability to rear them effectively.

I disagree.

But hey, if you think beating people down solves familial problems or behaviour problems your are wrong. You are creating more problems that will manifest later.

i didn't see anyone getting beaten down. the boy was always on his feet. and the uncle only spanked his arse. like a dumb little child. trust me, the boy learned a lesson there.

as well, name me ONE well known criminal that "Spankings" with a belt led to their life of crime.

Having said that, there is no reason to not be firm and assertive with those who are your charges.

the lack of discipline is the reason for most crimes in my honest opinion. people raised without the fear of getting in trouble for doing something bad is not conducive to a persons growth.

You don't actually need to raise your voice even to do this. Making your children or family fear you is a crap road to walk down.

this is why kids act up. talk back. get into trouble. I never talked back to my father or mother for the fear of having my arse handed to me. and when i thought maybe i could rebel, just like the uncle in this video, my father got in my face and told me to flex...move...i'll drop your arse right here!

DJ, are you telling me honestly that your kids would do what you say the moment you say it without any back talk or problems?

the following is the comment made from a friend who went through the same thing. notice what he says about NOT getting beat....

"eeek i remember that **** im sure my beatings were hella old school now adays when a kid mouths off he gets "grounded" big ****ing wow i woulda loved to stay in my room and sleep all day. When I slipped up I got beat with fists.."

David Jamieson
01-06-2011, 01:38 PM
I can't speak much to where you live, but overall, crime really is down.

I am ok with you disagreeing, I still don't think beating children, or humiliating them, or anyone for that matter does anything positive whatsoever. It's reactionary and it's engaging negative emotions to attempt to create positivity which is of course impossible and that is self evident.

It won't be the belt whopping that gets the guy right, it is the fact he has publicly humiliated him instead of dealing with it privately. Not cool at all in my books.

Trying to narrow down a criminal mind to whether or not spankings made him a criminal is kind of hard to do, but it's pretty well known that many of the worst criminals on record were indeed abused as children on some level by their family or keepers.

violence simply is not a positive way to enrich someones mind or their behaviours.
violence is not required to instill discipline, it is weakness of mind in the person who uses it because they are incapable of the higher level that is reason with patience.

I was never beaten as a kid. I completely respected and revered my parents.
That came not from them being violent, but form them being of stable minds and actions and by being good examples of what a human being is.

My son, when he lived with me was a good kid, did what he was asked and rarely gavce me any grief whatsoever. He got up to typical kid shenanigans, but ultimately, he's a good guy, with a good work ethic and a peaceful way about him. he's 25 this year and is in good form.

getting grounded shouldn't be a "go to your room" event. Usually, it involves extra chores, extra responsibilities and more interaction with the family.

grounding a kid by sending them to their room is also a failure of parenting.

Kids are sponges, they absorb everything consciously and unconsciously.

That father/uncle looked like a **** fool losing his temper. It's like he was showing off himself or something. The kid just wanted that to be over and if he didn't already respect the man, then why did he not defend himself in anyway?

Anyway, I think what the dude did was wrong and there is only a temporary satisfaction to his action. He is losing respect every time he raises his hand to a family member like that. Clearly, the father/uncle is incapable of using his mind.

That's the sad part, the kid was only 14 or 15 and the dad/uncle isn't smart enough to do anything but go all savage on him?

ridiculous in my opinion.

hskwarrior
01-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Anyway, I think what the dude did was wrong and there is only a temporary satisfaction to his action. He is losing respect every time he raises his hand to a family member like that. Clearly, the father/uncle is incapable of using his mind.

Really? my father did the same thing. he was a SF cop, a Vietnam Vet, an artist, great cook, and a martial artist.

i never lost respect for my father and man did i get HELLA whoopin's. the people i kknow that had the same things happen to them never felt abused. i never felt abused. i know i got the belt cause i got caught shoplifting, smoking weed, cutting school, and other things. i never got beat for no good reason.

what you didn't see is an uncle...a strong black man....that obviously cares about his nephew whom he's probably taking care of. the uncle caught the kid posting gang stuff on his face book. he's not trying have that kind of life for him. so i look at the spanking as a way to get the message across. the hope in that is trying to get the kid to STOP whatever he's up to immediately.

i totally support the uncle, i feel bad for the kid for making a bad mistake and getting punished, but i still support the uncle and wish more people would punish their kids like this. i've seen alot in my that allows me to keep my opinion.

its ok to disagree.

Yum Cha
01-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I've spoken with nephews and neices about their fb behavior and changed it without ever having to resort to hitting them, and my stepson would never act inappropriately on fb because we taught him how to treat people. Never had to hit him once.

When one kid I know started acting tough guyish, I asked him how often he was hitting the heavy bag. Never. I told him if he wanted to act tough, he was just being a poseur, if you want to be tough, train for it and be disciplined, you want to be a poseur, you embarrass the people in our life, and we all talk about your behavior behind your bck like you're a child. He got the idea.

I know one gifted martial artist who drinks too much and gets in fights with schlubs. He was beaten by his family plenty of times, that backfired.

Yes indeed KC. There are many ways to straighten out the young uns...
A frequent gentle hand is a lot better than an occasional violent one, for sure.

iunojupiter
01-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I agree there is no point in beating a child. However, spanking or smacking a child withouth causing damage, but inflicting momentary pain, is fair game. There is a difference between beating your child (resulting in bruises, cuts, lost teeth, or worse) and the old fashioned spanking.
I saw no "beating" of the teenager. I'm sure it stung like hell, but I doubt he'll have more than a welt for an hour or two.

I rarely got spanked as a child, and never got beat. When I did do something that resulted in a spanking, I'll tell you this, I never did whatever the offense was again. I didn't even think of it.

I also disagree that embarassment is not a positive motivator. Ever get assigned a project and fail to do it properly? Were you embarassed when your boss told you so? Did that not lead you do future projects with the utmost attention to detail in an effort to not fail again? The fear of that humiliation is what causes you to do a better job in the future, so as not to experience the humiliation again.

Of course, everything is based on perspective. Everything, including violence, when used in the correct manner, can be a motivator.

lkfmdc
01-06-2011, 02:57 PM
this \/

I agree there is no point in beating a child. However, spanking or smacking a child withouth causing damage, but inflicting momentary pain, is fair game. There is a difference between beating your child (resulting in bruises, cuts, lost teeth, or worse) and the old fashioned spanking.
I saw no "beating" of the teenager. I'm sure it stung like hell, but I doubt he'll have more than a welt for an hour or two.

I rarely got spanked as a child, and never got beat. When I did do something that resulted in a spanking, I'll tell you this, I never did whatever the offense was again. I didn't even think of it.

I also disagree that embarassment is not a positive motivator. Ever get assigned a project and fail to do it properly? Were you embarassed when your boss told you so? Did that not lead you do future projects with the utmost attention to detail in an effort to not fail again? The fear of that humiliation is what causes you to do a better job in the future, so as not to experience the humiliation again.

Of course, everything is based on perspective. Everything, including violence, when used in the correct manner, can be a motivator.

+ one

Yum Cha
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM

A 'ceremonial' spanking, age appropriate, is what that was, not a beating. My wayward friends got threatende, or even sent off to military school. VMI. That threat carried a lot more weight than a whipping...

Lucas
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
beatings are definately different from appropriate physical punishment. doesnt always have to be a spanking either. ever have to dig a hole all day long just to fill it back in at dusk? i'd rather have a spanking.

but a beating is a beating. hitting your children out of anger is wrong no matter how you hit them. if you hit a child out of anger its wrong. if you use physical punishment as some sort of relished 'revenge' or spite, its wrong.

if you use physical punishment in the light of love and teaching and it is carried out appropriately, it can be constructive rather than destructive.

you can get really strong digging ditches. :D

hskwarrior
01-06-2011, 03:25 PM

See DJ. someone who got spanked knows and basically said the same thing i am saying. i understand that as parents you all have different methods to raise your kids...but pls don't over look a good belt whoopin. it really does even out a kids behavior :D

I also disagree that embarassment is not a positive motivator.

they're gonna mess with that kid for a long time hahahaha....too bad. tough love sometimes is the best love.

Violent Designs
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
My uncle whipped me many times when I was a child. I was kinda intimidated by him and resented him when I was young (and stupid).

Now I appreciate him putting me in my place for being a upstart little sh1t.

Boys need a firm hand.

There's a difference between a slap to the face for being a dumbsh1t, and child abuse.

Mas Judt
01-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Actually, the only cure for crime is beating Kung Lek.

(Only kidding David. I don't advocate casual violence. It needs to be meaningful)

David Jamieson
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
sorry folks, i can't give buy in to your ideas about discipline.
:)

I agree whole heartedly with Yum Cha when he says a frequent gentle hand is better than an occasional violent one.

I see it as losing your character when you do that to someone who is your charge.
I'm not apologizing for it and I will never do it to a family member ever.

Would it not be more effective for the person to take away any priviliges such as internet use until there is behaviour improvement as guidelined to the individual?

As for the thing about your job and being embvarassed for not doing it well? You don't deserve that job to begin with because you don't know what you're doing if you cannot do your job well. Nevertheless you don't need to be humiliated over it. That is wrong in my opinion.

If your experience is different and you got something out of a family member inflicting violence upon you, then so be it, that's your experience and who am I to tell you about you.

I am commenting on what we've viewed here.

So, who wants to bring up about how I didn't care about the dude who got beat unconcisous in teh hillbilly krotty club now? lol

Violence is definitely a reality and it does indeed have a opurpose in my opinion, but it is not to punish and humiliate family members, friends, employees etc.

Violence in my opinion is to be employed in defense of oneself or another who is unable to defend themselves. Exclusively.

I'm no stranger to it, not by a long shot, lol.

Balance!

That (video) is imbalance.

Lucas
01-06-2011, 05:36 PM
i still say make em dig a hole for 6 hours!

TenTigers
01-06-2011, 05:46 PM
if a five yr-old runs out into the street, you can't reason with him, trying to explain perception and reactive speed, the inability of the driver to see the child, etc.
A few swats on the behind and a forceful,"NO! Stay out of the street!" etc will drive the point home quickly and thoroughly. This isn't out of anger, it's out of neccecity.

Lucas
01-06-2011, 05:53 PM
This isn't out of anger, it's out of neccecity.

thats the point right there that differentiates between appropriate and non.

David Jamieson
01-06-2011, 06:15 PM
if a five yr-old runs out into the street, you can't reason with him, trying to explain perception and reactive speed, the inability of the driver to see the child, etc.
A few swats on the behind and a forceful,"NO! Stay out of the street!" etc will drive the point home quickly and thoroughly. This isn't out of anger, it's out of neccecity.

Actually, I disagree with this as well.
You can restrain a five year old easily without ever once swatting them in any way.

You can also tell them, firmly, while restrained that they could be very hurt if they are not paying attention. Repeated reminders, with a firm calm demeanour is an effective communication tool for really young children.

Lucas
01-06-2011, 06:22 PM
OR....make em dig a hole. :D

TenTigers
01-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Repeated reminders, with a firm calm demeanour is an effective communication tool for really young children.
if you get a second chance.

hskwarrior
01-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Repeated reminders, with a firm calm demeanour is an effective communication tool for really young children.

i called it. you're one of those will not raise his voice but offer up repeated "honey, honey, honey, we don't do that honey, honey, i said stop honey, honey, can you stop please honey, daddy says No little angel, no we don't do that.." all the while they just keep on doing what you're telling them not to.

LMAO :D

TenTigers
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I doubt DJ goes that far, but that does remind me of seeing this woman and her child, and hearing the woman say, "Now Mommy doesn't like it when you hit her in the face.."
:rolleyes:

hskwarrior
01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
"Now Mommy doesn't like it when you hit her in the face.."

a good paddle to the saddle would take care of that instantaneously!!!!!!! :D

Brule
01-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Actually, I disagree with this as well.
You can restrain a five year old easily without ever once swatting them in any way.

You can also tell them, firmly, while restrained that they could be very hurt if they are not paying attention. Repeated reminders, with a firm calm demeanour is an effective communication tool for really young children.

David,

I can honestly say i had the same mindset as you, then i had kids. A spank on the butt is an immediate connection for the child. Trying to reason with a 5 year-old with the hopes that they won't run into the street is not a chance i like to take.

Out of curiosity, do you have kids of your own?

David Jamieson
01-06-2011, 07:39 PM
David,

I can honestly say i had the same mindset as you, then i had kids. A spank on the butt is an immediate connection for the child. Trying to reason with a 5 year-old with the hopes that they won't run into the street is not a chance i like to take.

Out of curiosity, do you have kids of your own?

Yes. I have a son who is now 25.

iunojupiter
01-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Would it not be more effective for the person to take away any priviliges such as internet use until there is behaviour improvement as guidelined to the individual?

As for the thing about your job and being embvarassed for not doing it well? You don't deserve that job to begin with because you don't know what you're doing if you cannot do your job well. Nevertheless you don't need to be humiliated over it. That is wrong in my opinion.

Taking away privileges doesn't work in my experience. Could work for some, but not from my personal experience with children.

As for not deserving the job? You have to start somewhere, and no one is perfect. You always make mistakes, especially when you're new to the job.
Is it wrong to be humiliated publicly, especially at work? Sure. Is it wrong to feel humiliated when your boss assigns you a project, you turn it in, and the boss calls you into the office and says "this isn't what I asked for, do it again" and you feel humiliated or shamed for failing him? That isn't wrong on anyone's part.

MasterKiller
01-06-2011, 08:49 PM
DJ's methods have resulted in a whole generation of boys like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pEFhzoXnuc

Sent from my iPad

David Jamieson
01-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Taking away privileges doesn't work in my experience. Could work for some, but not from my personal experience with children.

As for not deserving the job? You have to start somewhere, and no one is perfect. You always make mistakes, especially when you're new to the job.
Is it wrong to be humiliated publicly, especially at work? Sure. Is it wrong to feel humiliated when your boss assigns you a project, you turn it in, and the boss calls you into the office and says "this isn't what I asked for, do it again" and you feel humiliated or shamed for failing him? That isn't wrong on anyone's part.

Well, the world isn't black and white, but priviliges and access to them is a pretty good tool to use for discipline and encouragement towards a positive behaviour change. That's my experience.

As for the job, feeling humiliated for not following instructions properly is an internal thing. You aren't actually being humiliated then are you? You are being advised that you have done something incorrectly and that perhaps you were not paying attention to what was being asked to be done?

Anyway, it's your personal experience, so I can't speak to it at all really. A public shaming is not an upright thing to do and in effect is bullying.

If you start with love when a child is very young, and consistently offer that child love and allow that child to grow in an environment of love, I think you will succeed and I don't think you'll ever need to raise your hand to a family member again.

wenshu
01-06-2011, 11:07 PM
DJ's methods have resulted in a whole generation of boys like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pEFhzoXnuc

Sent from my iPad

More like a generation of boys who wear their sister's jeans and eye makeup.

ghostexorcist
01-06-2011, 11:56 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhBtdQvDJLQy55M05q
That reminds me of my upbringing. I come from a white police family. My mom was an amateur bodybuilder, so I always got the weight belt. I've read some of the other comments about violence begetting violence. I don't agree. I am a well adjusted young man with a steady job, a distinguished military career, and I'm going to college. I've seen the result of the "time out" type of parents. Their kids end up like my cousins, who take great joy in ****ing off their parents and breaking **** that doesn't belong to them.

Yes, that kid may be mad that his uncle humiliated him in front of his friends, but I bet he will think twice before posting stupid stuff on facebook again. It kind of reminds me of the film Pootie Tang. Whenever the kid was about to do something wrong, his dad's belt would come out of nowhere and whip him.

-N-
01-07-2011, 02:27 AM
My mom went to school in China and was taught by Catholic nuns who had no problem with applying corporal punishment to their students.

When I was a kid, I got beat with a stick when I deserved it. In fact, I had to get the stick from the hall closet where it was kept until needed.

I came out fine.

I have 2 grown boys. I never hit them while they were growing up. They both turned out fine too.

Not that I have anything against physical punishment. I think some kids need it severely.

There's more than one way to discipline and get results. Do what it takes.

As far as positive and negative reinforcement.

Research in organizational management shows that positive reinforcement gets best overall group results, and negative reinforcement gets highest peak individual results.

This explains some of the differences between old school and modern methods.

The old school teachers might not have a lot of students, but the ones they do have can be very good. When skill and survival are high priority, this can be the method of choice.

Modern teachers using positive reinforcement can have bigger schools, but we've seen the typical Karate daycare setups.

Actually, you also see teachers that use a combined approach. They have a lot of students that mostly get positive reinforcement, and there are a few students in the group that get extreme negative reinforcement. The students that get positive reinforcement pay the rent. The ones that get negative reinforcement carry on the system.

RD'S Alias - 1A
01-07-2011, 05:40 AM
when a parent or guardian of a child needs to resort to psyical punishment to get thier point acrossed they have failed as a parent.

upbringing is so negelcted nowadays most parents dotn knwo how to raise thier children because we are creatures of habit, bad upbringing breeds more bad upbrining.

Some children won't respond to anything else.

Mine wouldn't respond to beatings either. They weren't enough. I had to spank her, and make her copy the bible for hours and hours to get her to stay on the right path plus ground her and take away her stuff untill she would straighten up.

Of course without positive reinforcement, it would have all been useless.

Sardinkahnikov
01-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Maybe because I was raised in a military and police family I never had problems with discipline. In fact, I was never beaten by my parents during my childhood.

Also, I was raised with two older brothers, so every now and then I got into fights for any reason (or no reason) at all and thus learned the value of respect.

Violence should be applied only when necessary. I don't think it scars a kid for life, like some may think - excessive lenience, however, will.

TenTigers
01-07-2011, 09:36 AM
what? What?!

TenTigers
01-07-2011, 09:37 AM
dang-don't know how to rotate that...:confused:

Violent Designs
01-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Some children won't respond to anything else.

Mine wouldn't respond to beatings either. They weren't enough. I had to spank her, and make her copy the bible for hours and hours to get her to stay on the right path plus ground her and take away her stuff untill she would straighten up.

Of course without positive reinforcement, it would have all been useless.

LOL, forced religious education.

Well I guess if it worked for your daughter.

David Jamieson
01-07-2011, 09:46 AM
dang-don't know how to rotate that...:confused:

Nice Les Paul!

TenTigers
01-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Nice Les Paul!
tanx! I've rewired it so that the middle pickup is always on, but has a volume knob, the others being for the bridge and neck pups and master tone control.
I'll probably remove the covers-too glitsy for me. I need to check what kind of potentiometers I have. If they're 250k I'll replace them with 500k, which should open up the sound even more-although it seriously screams the way it is now.

David Jamieson
01-07-2011, 10:43 AM
tanx! I've rewired it so that the middle pickup is always on, but has a volume knob, the others being for the bridge and neck pups and master tone control.
I'll probably remove the covers-too glitsy for me. I need to check what kind of potentiometers I have. If they're 250k I'll replace them with 500k, which should open up the sound even more-although it seriously screams the way it is now.

I have a goldtop epi les paul. the pickups are super hot on it.
My SG is Gibson too and just as warm, but real metallic highs in it over the LP.
real grinder guitar. Thick warm tones. Love the gibby.

wenshu
01-07-2011, 11:10 AM
what? What?!

Hey, I never said anything about Hair Metal.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Zs9nNlwuDUI/SGMqm-SwneI/AAAAAAAAByk/mBGlHGSEw4A/s400/ratt-band.jpg

TenTigers
01-07-2011, 11:10 AM
I have a goldtop epi les paul. the pickups are super hot on it.
My SG is Gibson too and just as warm, but real metallic highs in it over the LP.
real grinder guitar. Thick warm tones. Love the gibby.
I also have an epi goldtop-with p90's which I love.
I have an epi Les Paul Jr-didn't think it was worth spending the extra $$ on a Gibson-it's just a slab of wood with a p90, and I love it. I will however upgrade the components-eventually..
I have another Gibby LP studio, which is a great guitar, and a few strats-one's a 73 (or most of it is..) and two squiers.
I also have a Performance Guitars strat (this was a custom brand that made alot of guitars for the hair bands in the eighties-it was a gift-it's freakin PURPLE!)
My first decent guitar was a 73 SG, which I bought with my paper route-$244.00 because I couldn't afford the Les Paul $350, or the Les Paul Custom $650.
I still have the SG (although I butchered it in 74..routed it out and installed a strat bridge and threw in a mighty mite super dist humbucker. I might restore it..one day)

this is me checking out my friend's new guitar..
ok, no it's not. I can't link it. but it's on my facebook page...

sanjuro_ronin
01-07-2011, 11:26 AM
I love my little girls, they are my life.
Not a day goes by that I don't tell them how much I love them and how special they are to me.
The get timeouts when they do something bad and they get previlges revoked when they deserve it.
But, every so often, a smack on the butt gets the message across far more than anything else.
BUT, I have noticed that, as infrequent as a butt smacking was, it is even less as they get older.
I think some kids only get that they are really in trouble when they get a good smack, of course for some kids smacking doesn't do squat.
In other words, do what works for YOUR kids.

Lucas
01-07-2011, 12:04 PM
make em dig a hole! :D I just thought this picture was funny, and somewhat appropriate to the content.
http://demotivatorsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/motivator9360288op5.jpg

Sardinkahnikov
01-07-2011, 02:00 PM

Hah, it worked for Twisted Sister!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_InbKJrpoexo/TPI5JUoJKEI/AAAAAAAAAzw/kYlgXQiD_Fw/s400/twisted-sister-christmas.jpg