Yamau aiki budo
Luta senegalais

Thanks in advance.

Losttrak
06-07-2001, 11:17 PM
Not even once... =p Sorry.

monkey mind
06-08-2001, 09:19 AM
Kalaripayat is a South Indian martial art that I looked into a bit a while back. As I recall, it involves training in healing and massage as well as combat, and employs weapons (e.g. sword) as well as empty hands. I can't remember too much more (sorry, I know this is all pretty generic) but I'm sure that a search on Altavista will yield some results for you. Try varying the spelling a bit & see if anything crops up. As for the others, I couldn't say, although Kathakali sounds Indian to me as well.

BDKF
06-12-2001, 09:07 PM
If I remember correctly, Taido is a Japanese martial art based on movements found in nature, i.e. tornados, cyclones, and the like. I understand that it is very difficult and not very applicable for self-defense. This is all from a book mind you, not experience.

Tvebak
06-22-2001, 09:54 AM
I just got the oppertunity go to a seminar in Kalaripayit(excuse the spelling)If its half as cool as Gatkha(Sikh MA)Then it will be worth the money.
apperently Katkhakali is a dance based on payit.
Tried out the art called Taido, its basicly a bad capoeira ripoff, really sad.
Im going on a MA camp to teach Capoeira where there is a teacher of Yamau aiki budo...im looking forward to that.
And maybe in a year or so i will be going with some friends to senegal to try out thier MA for a couple of months.
Thanks for your help.

Kristoffer
07-03-2001, 11:49 AM
Taido

It is called the 3d MA. They have awsome competitions where they volt, flip and roll over under around... its really cool, like gymnastics+capoeira+show karate. :D
It is not very effective as a MA thought.

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"