PDA

View Full Version : Which form of Kung Fu has the best punches/punching combos?

derrickt155
01-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Any ideas on what form of kung fu has the best punches/punching combos and techniques?

Lucas
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Any martially focused style will be on par with any other, imo. Just different.

MightyB
01-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Any ideas on what form of kung fu has the best punches/punching combos and techniques?

7* Praying Mantis. :D

SPJ
01-07-2011, 08:38 PM
people are willing to take some punches

but not so much with elbows.

ba ji, mantis -- all have good elbow techniques and elbow combo

---

:)

donjitsu2
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Any martially focused style will be on par with any other, imo. Just different.

This is the best answer you will get.

What Golf can Teach us About the Martial Arts (http://www.uncagedfighter.com/2010/10/what-golf-can-teach-us-about-martial.html)

David Jamieson
01-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Black Tiger.

pfft that was easy.

:p

MightyB
01-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Black Tiger.

pfft that was easy.

:p

then why does Mr. T say "I pity Ha Fu" all the time on the A-Team? :D

David Jamieson
01-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Mr.T is the fool who should be pitied here though. Flavawaves? :rolleyes:
Who does he think he is? George Foreman?

please.

EarthDragon
01-17-2011, 01:14 PM
the style you practice the most............... or 8 step praying mantishttp://www.8stepUSA.com

sanjuro_ronin
01-17-2011, 01:39 PM
the style you practice the most............... or 8 step praying mantishttp://www.8stepUSA.com

Bah !!
My 16Step praying mantis is twice as good as yours !!
:D

David Jamieson
01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
None of it measures up to my 32 step, 8 winged, 15 tentacled, 57 clawed two headed mantis style.

Except for Black Tiger, which has better punches because that's what I practice all the time.

sanjuro_ronin
01-17-2011, 01:56 PM
None of it measures up to my 32 step, 8 winged, 15 tentacled, 57 clawed two headed mantis style.

Except for Black Tiger, which has better punches because that's what I practice all the time.

Bah !!
Your Black Tiger cowers in a corner when confronted with my Fucha Wolverine technique !

EarthDragon
01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Bah !!
My 16 Step praying mantis is twice as good as yours !!

yes but it takes twice as long so I'm faster. muwahhhhha

sanjuro_ronin
01-17-2011, 02:23 PM
yes but it takes twice as long so i'm faster. Muwahhhhha

******* !!!
Why did you kill my teacher !?!?!?!?!?!

Northwind
01-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Because he stole my secret levitating chi blast technique.

LaterthanNever
01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
"None of it measures up to my 32 step, 8 winged, 15 tentacled, 57 clawed two headed mantis style"

Oh? I beg to differ!! Nothing can match my 18 inch golden Rooster fist of death (aka..Golden C-ck)..rhymes with ROCK!! :rolleyes::eek::cool:

EarthDragon
01-17-2011, 06:56 PM
my iron octopus is unstopable.
8 arms with sticky tentacles (tensao), impenatrable iron defense teamed with constant circular moving and color changing technique and when all else fails and you think you can defeat me......... ink shot to the eyes to blind you as I swim out of sight in an instant...... a really really good defense and next to impossible to beat... my iron octopus is the best.

huh! top that

cerebus
01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Personally, Tai Chi (as I learned it) has some of the fasted, most powerful punching/ striking combinations around because of its focus on relaxation. The more relaxed you are, the faster & more powerful you will be.

Iron_Eagle_76
01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
These guys have it down:D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/chokeu2/Funny/Wing_Chun.jpg

Syn7
01-17-2011, 10:56 PM
These guys have it down:D

thats awesome!

they look like they are joined at the hip...

EarthDragon
01-18-2011, 11:08 AM
on a serious note jeff speakman has IMO the fastest combo's in the world. cant remeber what style he did it was japanese /choinese style like shorinji kenpo perhaps? he has mad chain punching combos that were lighting fast

sanjuro_ronin
01-18-2011, 11:10 AM
on a serious note jeff speakman has IMO the fastest combo's in the world. cant remeber what style he did it was japanese /choinese style like shorinji kenpo perhaps? he has mad chain punching combos that were lighting fast

American Kenpo, and Steve Sanders's hands make Jeff's look like he is swimming in mud.

Iron_Eagle_76
01-18-2011, 11:13 AM
American Kenpo, and Steve Sanders's hands make Jeff's look like he is swimming in mud.

Yeah, didn't Speakman take over leadership of the system after Ed Parker died? Thought I remembered reading that one time.

sanjuro_ronin
01-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Yeah, didn't Speakman take over leadership of the system after Ed Parker died? Thought I remembered reading that one time.

Nope, There were far to many seniors for Jeff to do that.
While I think he is still part of the American kenpo federation, he has his own group too.

Iron_Eagle_76
01-18-2011, 11:32 AM
I see. Kenpo always interested me because Pai Lum is said to based off of Hawain Kempo as that is where Dan Pai was from and what he first studied. I don't have any experience in it so I don't know if the comparison is valid but I have always heard that. Of course, I have always heard there are many differences in American Kenpo as opposed to others such as Hawain.

sanjuro_ronin
01-18-2011, 11:39 AM
I see. Kenpo always interested me because Pai Lum is said to based off of Hawain Kempo as that is where Dan Pai was from and what he first studied. I don't have any experience in it so I don't know if the comparison is valid but I have always heard that. Of course, I have always heard there are many differences in American Kenpo as opposed to others such as Hawain.

Very much so, if you saw some of the videos of William Chow, you wouldn't see a lot of the "slappy hands" that Kenpo is know for now, he was very fast and very powerful with incredibly fast hands, but he tended to keep the combos down to 3 strikes per sequences as opposed to half a kagillion strikes worth of overkill, LOL !
You will notice that while kenpo trains these dozen strike combos that you never see them when they actually fight full contact.
For obvious reasons.

cerebus
01-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Very much so, if you saw some of the videos of William Chow, you wouldn't see a lot of the "slappy hands" that Kenpo is know for now, he was very fast and very powerful with incredibly fast hands, but he tended to keep the combos down to 3 strikes per sequences as opposed to half a kagillion strikes worth of overkill, LOL !
You will notice that while kenpo trains these dozen strike combos that you never see them when they actually fight full contact.
For obvious reasons.

William Chow was a serious badazz. I like seeing the old vids of him. His body movement is very cool. I also like seeing old vids of Ed Parker, he too was a serious martial artist with some knock-down power. The old-school Kenpo was definitely some worthwhile stuff.

Dale Dugas
01-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Ed Parker not only had fast hands but he had some serious rooting and structure.

Its lost on many of the Kenpo people.

goju
01-18-2011, 04:24 PM
this is the same kenpo steve sanders :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wj8cD-cx9s

Jimbo
01-19-2011, 02:08 AM
Ed Parker not only had fast hands but he had some serious rooting and structure.

Its lost on many of the Kenpo people.

+1.
I got to see Ed Parker demo at his 1981 Long Beach Internationals and he was extremely impressive.

Back when I studied Kenpo (late '70s-early '80s), my teacher Parker Linekin was also very grounded and generated a lot of power; he could apply that power in live sparring, too. His way of doing Kenpo was very different from what's commonly seen in point karate tournaments, and his emphasis was very different, too.

I'd also say that Steve Sanders (Steve Muhammad?) probably had the fastest hands in Kenpo.