PDA

View Full Version : Hi, long time no read.

Ming Yue
01-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Good to see you guys are still hashing out the same 5 arguments we hashed out 5 years ago. :)

I haven't posted since 06 or so. KFM came up in a conversation between me, Oso, and Royal Dragon recently and I thought I'd pop in and see what you old timers were up to.

:D

David Jamieson
01-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Good to see you guys are still hashing out the same 5 arguments we hashed out 5 years ago. :)

I haven't posted since 06 or so. KFM came up in a conversation between me, Oso, and Royal Dragon recently and I thought I'd pop in and see what you old timers were up to.

It's 6 old arguments we're still having. 6!!

anyway, hi again, welcome back, how's training?
cheers

Ming Yue
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Not actively training anymore - trying to keep up with what I know/knew/am forgetting. Mostly that last one.

I separated my shoulder skiing a couple years ago and it just won't do what it needs to do for me to keep fighting.

MasterKiller
01-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Bikini pics

mickey
01-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi Ming Yue,

Welcome back to us.

The brothers still need pills for their ills.

mickey

Ming Yue
01-10-2011, 10:14 AM
ah, MIckey, still posting nonsensical rhymes and original 'humor'?

MK, I'm old. I'll spare you the photos until you do something to **** me off. Which should be any minute now, if memory serves. :p

Ming Yue
01-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Aw man, I forgot how to swear on this forum. It was some html tag thing...

David Jamieson
01-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Aw man, I forgot how to swear on this forum. It was some html tag thing...

all shall be revealed.

hello I am a swear word! Gracious!

No spaces and if you're not clever enough to figure that out...:p

mickey
01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Ming Yue,

What are you doing to rehab yourself?

Are you doing any swimming or water immersed exercises?

Also, could you benefit from resistance band training?

mickey

Ming Yue
01-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Hey Mickey -

Cardio, weight training, yoga, some warmups and internal sets I learned a while back.

It continues to be unstable - not painful, just not entirely there when I need it to be.

____

Thanks D. :) I'll reserve its use for emergencies.

GeneChing
01-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Hey now. Some of us still practice with swords (http://www.martialartsmart.com/weapons-chinese-weapons-broadswords.html). If you want new stuff, go to some tech forum. :p

mickey
01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Ming Yue,

Try incorporating some swimming into your routine. You may find it helpful.

mickey

SPJ
01-11-2011, 06:27 PM
welcome back.

me spend more time on facebook, youtube

but still hang around grand ole KF forum

---

:)

EarthDragon
01-12-2011, 03:11 PM
hey Ming, welcome back brother.

yeah its like moving away from a small town and then comming back for a vist years later........................ nothing changed

David Jamieson
01-12-2011, 06:25 PM
hey Ming, welcome back brother.

yeah its like moving away from a small town and then comming back for a vist years later........................ nothing changed

Ming's a chick ED :p

EarthDragon
01-13-2011, 08:36 AM
whoops..... welcome back sister.. thanks DJ you can never tell just from the avatar..

TaichiMantis
01-14-2011, 11:55 AM

Welcome back, stick around! It's tough being the only female that posts here...;)

...or maybe I just don't know who they are!:confused:

David Jamieson
01-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Welcome back, stick around! It's tough being the only female that posts here...;)

...or maybe I just don't know who they are!:confused:

We're all chicks. You're probably a guy trying to scope out some stalking material. :p

Ming Yue
01-16-2011, 02:58 PM
There were a few girls back when I posted more... I think one named becca, who knew a little somthing about MA, and another crazyass one... something Lotus... I can't remember, but she was a freak.

And not in a good way.

Ming Yue
01-16-2011, 02:59 PM
There were a few girls back when I posted more... I think one named becca, who seemed to know quite a bit, and another crazyass one... something Lotus... I can't remember, but she was a freak.

And not in a good way.

EarthDragon
01-16-2011, 03:48 PM
I can't remember, but she was a freak....And not in a good way.
so there are good freaks and bad freaks?

YouKnowWho
01-16-2011, 04:02 PM

The battle between TCMA and MMA is still as bloody as it was 5 years ago. The problem is some TCMA guys like to fight among themselves. This just futher weaken the entire strength of the "TCMA Union".

Ming Yue
01-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Ooo, sorry for the double post.

Sure, there's good freaky. Good freaky is like where you wake up the next day and you don't want to talk about what happened but you're glad it did.

Bad freaky is like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EvH5LQAYl0&feature=related

EarthDragon
01-17-2011, 07:27 AM
LOL gottcha, :p

David Jamieson
01-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Sure, there's good freaky. Good freaky is like where you wake up the next day and you don't want to talk about what happened but you're glad it did.

NEVER go ass to mouth. NEVER!

Iron_Eagle_76
01-17-2011, 12:05 PM
NEVER go ass to mouth. NEVER!

In the words of Marty Robbins, "There's a time and place for everything":eek::D

Ming Yue
01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Aaaaa! Human Centipede!

David Jamieson
01-17-2011, 01:39 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of the advice given out in the movie 'Clerks 2'.
I have not seen 'human centipede'. I mean the full movie. I've seen two trailers and well...that was more than enough ass to mouth action combined with crazy german scientist for me! :)

Ming Yue
01-17-2011, 02:07 PM
I am a huge horror movie fan, but I have no interest in watching that. I heard a description and decided I could live without it.

Some things you just can't unsee.:eek:

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Hey Mickey -

. . . . It continues to be unstable - not painful, just not entirely there when I need it to be.

the following two vids helped me tremendously after ****ing up my shoulder benching using too wide of a grip:

2 min warm up ... i do these before every upper body day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCp-Y...eature=channel

5 day rehab protocol ... i did this for about two months religiously, 2 - 4 days a week for some time after that, and i still pull some of movements out for warmups and / or prehab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ONHZmsFec

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-25-2011, 03:06 PM
I am a huge horror movie fan, but I have no interest in watching that. I heard a description and decided I could live without it.

Some things you just can't unsee.:eek:

oddly enough, my daughter told me about that movie.

Ming Yue
01-27-2011, 07:27 PM
the following two vids helped me tremendously after ****ing up my shoulder benching using too wide of a grip:

2 min warm up ... i do these before every upper body day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCp-Y...eature=channel

5 day rehab protocol ... i did this for about two months religiously, 2 - 4 days a week for some time after that, and i still pull some of movements out for warmups and / or prehab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ONHZmsFec

Nice GDA! Thanks for that. Good to see you're still throwing the iron around. :) How old is your daughter now... 9 or 10?

Mr Punch
01-28-2011, 09:35 AM
The Diesel Crew's rehab, rotator cuff and other shoulder injury prevention routines really really rule. I've been doing them for two years now as a regular part of my warm-ups.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Nice GDA! Thanks for that. Good to see you're still throwing the iron around. :) How old is your daughter now... 9 or 10?

very close ... she's 11, will be 12 this coming summer. shes a ****ing cheerleader if you can believe that. she's a ridiculously good kid in spite of my attepmts to corrupt her at evey turn. the only reason she knew about that movie is because it was rented at a slumber party she was at .... i guess they turned it off as soon as they realized what the movie was about!

i am indeed still throwing the iron around, but havent been able to train in martial arts since going back to school four years ago. three more years to go. ill actually have a doctorate in physical therapy when its all said and done. then ill make people call me dr. atrocity.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-28-2011, 03:44 PM
The Diesel Crew's rehab, rotator cuff and other shoulder injury prevention routines really really rule. I've been doing them for two years now as a regular part of my warm-ups.

yeah ... they have some really good youtube vids. ive incorporated some of their other warmup stuff as well. how's training going man?

Ming Yue
01-29-2011, 04:54 PM
11? Wow, time flies.

I'm not training anymore either. I miss it, but my joints don't. I was looking through some recent photos of the bruises I used to have on my forearms - Peng lai hurts. :D

Dr. Atrocity is a perfect name for an evil villain. Can you do some evil PT on the side just to live up to the name?