PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get this stuff

sanjuro_ronin
01-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where is a good place to get the following:

L-Arginine
Panax Ginseng
DHEA

The quality stuff, not the cheap stuff.

Thanks

Dale Dugas
01-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Paul,

What kind of ginseng are you looking for?

a standardized extract, powder?

For supplements I go to http://www.nutrabio.com for all my aminos

Check them out.

Let me know about the ginseng.

I have sources for good powders.

sanjuro_ronin
01-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Paul,

What kind of ginseng are you looking for?

a standardized extract, powder?

For supplements I go to http://www.nutrabio.com for all my aminos

Check them out.

Let me know about the ginseng.

I have sources for good powders.

That's a good question...
I don't think it matters really, which is the best way to take Panax Ginseng? Pill or liquid form?

Dale Dugas
01-11-2011, 07:10 AM
The form is not really as important as the quality of the ginseng involved.

Also do you need warming Korean red Ginseng or something a little cooler in American ginseng.

I have both that you could cook into your own decoction.

I also have access to powders that you could make into tea easily.

Let me know how I can be of service to you, and anyone else interested.

sanjuro_ronin
01-11-2011, 07:19 AM
My energy levels have been a bit run down as of late, going on 43 doesn't help, LOL !
I was told that any of the above would help in that regard and also help in the recovery aspects of my workouts.
Stress is high for me, what with two girls, a wife, parents that are JW's and running a business.
The issue is that in the past when I have taken ginseng I have always gotten "fidgety", not hyper mind you, but I notice that I am more "intense", but that was a while ago and I was told by a herbalist that I "run hot" as it is.
So I am not sure if Panax is reight for me, but it is the ginseng that is an adaptagen and good for recovery from workouts, from what I have read.
I have heard good things about DHEA and L-Arginine too.

Dale Dugas
01-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Paul,

Email me off forum and we can talk further about this.

be well.

TenTigers
01-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Ronin-what are your sleep habits? Getting enough quality sleep plays a major role in performance, cellular repair/recovery, energy levels, stress levels, cortisol and h0mocystine levels, etc.

sanjuro_ronin
01-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Ronin-what are your sleep habits? Getting enough quality sleep plays a major role in performance, cellular repair/recovery, energy levels, stress levels, cortisol and h0mocystine levels, etc.

Sleep?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA !!!!!!!!!
Oh, you're serious....
;)

I get 7 hours during the week, maybe 8 on the weekends.

Frost
01-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Sleep?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA !!!!!!!!!
Oh, you're serious....
;)

I get 7 hours during the week, maybe 8 on the weekends.

do you take zinc or magnisum suppliments, can help make sleep deeper and aid recovery

sanjuro_ronin
01-11-2011, 11:44 AM
do you take zinc or magnisum suppliments, can help make sleep deeper and aid recovery

I heard that "ZMA" think works well, to be honest, whenever I take zinc I get an upset stomach, don't know why though...

mickey
01-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi sanjuro ronin,

You may want to consider trying powdered dessicated liver. Make sure it is from argentine beef (no growth hormone). The pill form makes me irritable.

I am a hot blooded type. I perspire year round. I try not to get worked up so easily.

mickey

Frost
01-11-2011, 03:04 PM
I heard that "ZMA" think works well, to be honest, whenever I take zinc I get an upset stomach, don't know why though...

yep ZMA works well for me you can get them seperate

Zinc/Magnesium

As mentioned previously, both zinc and magnesium are often deficient in athletes; zinc is often low in athletes who forego red meat and magnesium losses increase with heavy training. Both are critical for optimal performance and various processes important to athletes. As well, many find that the combination of the two taken at bedtime helps with sleep, a process critical to overall recovery.

On average, a daily supplement of 25 mg of zinc (any form is basically fine) with 400-500 mg of magnesium (citrate is the preferred form) taken 30 minutes before bedtime helps many go to sleep. While many commercial zinc/magnesium products contain B-6, this seems to hurt sleep for some people and I suggest buying the ingredients separately if they are taken. I’d note that magnesium oxide, which is the most commonly found form of magnesium is poorly absorbed, as noted above citrate is the preferred form.

Dale Dugas
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM
if you eat or drink dairy, it will knock out the absorption of ZMA.

Always good to avoid dairy at night and take it on an empty stomach before bed.

I use it with great success.

sanjuro_ronin
01-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the advice guys.
I don't drink dairy and when I do, it is lactose free.
I do like cheese however, I am after all a MA, LOL !
I rarely eat anything before bedtime.

Frost
01-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Not being funny (as you know way more than most here including me about training) but now much training are you doing in a week and at what intensity?
, if you are getting only 7 hours of sleep, have a hectic life and are feeling tired, it might be time to cut back a bit

sanjuro_ronin
01-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Not being funny (as you know way more than most here including me about training) but now much training are you doing in a week and at what intensity?
, if you are getting only 7 hours of sleep, have a hectic life and are feeling tired, it might be time to cut back a bit

I train 4-5 times a week, but the ST is only 2X sometimes 3 and is only 40 min long ( Typically I do whole body - Chins, squats, dips, overheads, curls, calf raises).
I vary the intensity depending on how I feel or what I am going for.
MA wise I keep it under 60 min too.
The thing is that my "breaks" are no longer than 30 seconds.

I don't think that it is a question of doing too much, I think it is a question of stress and getting old, LMAO !!

Frost
01-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Well if your diet and training regime are in order, then I’d agree it’s getting older that’s the problem and im not sure I can help there :D

Cut out any intense conditioning for a while, cut out the strength work and go for a three of 4 40 minute jogs a week and that’s it. Do this for a month and only do some light MA training with plenty of rest

At best it will help reset you for the harder more intense stuff you have been doing….at worst it will get you out in the countryside and away from all the stress

sanjuro_ronin
01-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Well if your diet and training regime are in order, then I’d agree it’s getting older that’s the problem and im not sure I can help there :D

Cut out any intense conditioning for a while, cut out the strength work and go for a three of 4 40 minute jogs a week and that’s it. Do this for a month and only do some light MA training with plenty of rest

At best it will help reset you for the harder more intense stuff you have been doing….at worst it will get you out in the countryside and away from all the stress

If I wanted to run, I wouldn't have bought a car.
:p
On a serious note, lol !
I think that the work related stress ( running a business is far more stressful than anyone can grasp) and the late workouts - I work out at 8PM typically because it is the only time I have and the early morning wake ups ( 5:30 AM typically) just make it a cumulative effect.

It could be T-level issues but I don't think so.

Frost
01-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Yep the body doesn’t know the difference the difference when its comes to stress: whether its caused by work, intensive workouts, lack of sleep or being shot at the body reacts the same way and too much of it over a long period can have a real detrimental effect

Look after yourself (easy said than done I know) go for some walks, do some light aerobic training, spend time with the family, hell take a month off from all training (get a holiday if you can) and just deload

KC Elbows
01-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Three words: wasteful jing practices.:D

sanjuro_ronin
01-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Yep the body doesn’t know the difference the difference when its comes to stress: whether its caused by work, intensive workouts, lack of sleep or being shot at the body reacts the same way and too much of it over a long period can have a real detrimental effect

Look after yourself (easy said than done I know) go for some walks, do some light aerobic training, spend time with the family, hell take a month off from all training (get a holiday if you can) and just deload

I have a week in Cuba coming up in February, looking forward to that !

sanjuro_ronin
01-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Three words: wasteful jing practices.:D

Yeah?
I have 4 words for you:
Wife in her 30's !

KC Elbows
01-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Yeah?
I have 4 words for you:
Wife in her 30's !

And you're asking the forum why you're tired?:D

sanjuro_ronin
01-12-2011, 08:50 AM
And you're asking the forum why you're tired?:D

No, I am asking for help to stop being tired, LOL !

On a serious note though, as I am getting older I do notice that my body needs more to recover, to get "into" the next workout.
I have never been a fan of supplementation, but the fact is that I MAY need it and if I do ( because I am not doing the normal day-to-day of the average Joe) then I would liek to know what people that I semi-trust :D, suggest.

KC Elbows
01-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Clearly you can't trust me.

That said, running a business is stressful and tiring at times, having a comprehensive workout does the same, family ditto, I'll be interested to read how different approaches help, though I think it's reasonable to be tired under some circumstances.

teetsao
01-12-2011, 11:17 PM
sanjuro ronin.
lglutamine. 20g a day in divided doses. this will really help in your recovery.

make sure you are getting enough calories and if you are working out and dont want to go down the dark path, use "ecdysterone" the russians swear by it. i have used it before and it is real good. now then, it is not cheap as you have to get the high dose stuff. all the studies that put it in a neg. light did not use enough to elicit a response.
http://www.a1supplements.com/EcdySterone-300-120-Capsules-p-16549.html

u need 4 a day. this stuff works. it is also an adaptagen. i have done alot of research into adaptagens and anything to help kee p me young and feeling top notch. i will be 40 this year.

sanjuro_ronin
01-13-2011, 06:57 AM
sanjuro ronin.
lglutamine. 20g a day in divided doses. this will really help in your recovery.

make sure you are getting enough calories and if you are working out and dont want to go down the dark path, use "ecdysterone" the russians swear by it. i have used it before and it is real good. now then, it is not cheap as you have to get the high dose stuff. all the studies that put it in a neg. light did not use enough to elicit a response.
http://www.a1supplements.com/EcdySterone-300-120-Capsules-p-16549.html

u need 4 a day. this stuff works. it is also an adaptagen. i have done alot of research into adaptagens and anything to help kee p me young and feeling top notch. i will be 40 this year.
Interesting, how long have you used ecdysterone?

David Jamieson
01-13-2011, 08:26 AM
I would go nay on the red ginseng.

Have a light green tea and mix in the extract of white Canadian or American ginseng. Very refreshing and very mild on the caffeine but at the same time energizing.

Drink your water, keep working out.

If you want to look at eating lighter, that can also help. Large protein rich meals tend to suck all the blood out of you and into your belly to help digest. This can make you somewhat tired if your internal body is working hard at the transformation process.

Wash your hands with some frequency. Good hygiene keeps colds away.

Also, you might want to consider a little time in a tanning bed. You could be suffering from sadd and not even know it.

Once you get a sadd lamp or get into a tanning bed once in a blue moon, it might help. the sadd lamps can be expensive, but what a huge difference they make in your life when you are in the deep winter blahs.

Lot's of dark green and blue foods for extra anti-oxidants and these are usually high in complex carbs and good sugars.

I'm guessing it's a sunlight deficiency thing though.

sanjuro_ronin
01-13-2011, 08:36 AM
I do hate the winter, LOL !

chusauli
01-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Paul,

Feel free to email me privately if you want to find good sources of Ginseng.