PDA

View Full Version : Is Glenn Beck Crazy???

Syn7
01-16-2011, 05:04 PM
this one got past me, i never heard this till recently... then i found cenk talking about it in his regular toned down and respectful manner...

anyways, glenn beck is fukced up... i think he has some real mental health issues... this is just one example... but every once in a while the guy comes out and does something beyond abnormal... like this day on his radio show... the woman calling in may not have been the sharpest tool in the shed but beck was rude from the get go and never gave her the time and respect he would give to somebody who called in to say how great he was and how they so agree with him... that sh!t is not news, and he even got a few facts wrong that i know forsure, im willing to bet that if one was to check becks facts they would find that he's wrong all the time... the canada lottery doctor visit was golden, what a retard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7-BvVDV10&feature=fvwk

he says it took him about a year to start HATING the famillies of 911 victims because they complain so much... first responders are sick as fukc but hey, they should just shut up and be happy that they are in america...

David Jamieson
01-17-2011, 06:45 AM
The Glen Becks of the world are given their venue when the people become so apathetic and stupid and dull of mind as to let them.

A moment of thought reveals that the real problem isn't the guy who is shouting on a soapbox, the real problem is the people who pay attention to them and give them buy in.

There's a million glen becks in the world and I blame stupid people with dull minds and poor educations, who don't really care about much beyond their mouth and their ass for letting them (Beck and his ilk) come to the kind of power that they have in the media.

Back in the 80's, Limbaugh provided some counter points that meant something, but even he spiraled downward into absurdity.

Neither of them were able to properly reign in the horses of power they were given to sit upon. Both of them wildly ride through the airwaves dropping horse crap all over the place and there is nothing they can do about it. It is literally beyond their control now.

I would leave it up to the people of the USA to lose interest. Those guys don't get airtime anywhere else. lol, In Canada, Fox is going strictly cable and is losing it's open network status. If you want to listen to those knobs, you'll have to pay to listen. And that is where we will see the change. :)

Lebaufist
01-17-2011, 05:22 PM
A moment of thought reveals that the real problem isn't the guy who is shouting on a soapbox, the real problem is the people who pay attention to them and give them buy in.

QFT..........

All the idiots at the rallies. All the self fulfilling prophecy, gun nut, apocalytophites.

All the old white racist idiots voting against their own interests.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhuuugh *breath..........

Syn7
01-17-2011, 10:11 PM
no no... i mean, i think glenn beck is actually losing it... he just gets rougher and rougher around the edges... which is ass backwards for a tv man... theyre s'posed to get better at dealing with people over time... but he seems to just get ****y and nasty these days, which is a clear sign of weakness... so is he just being run down, or is he really losing it??? can a guy like beck even take a vacation??? he seems like he eats sleeps and sh!ts his ideology...

BJJ-Blue
01-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Beck is a little too much for me too. Him and Boortz both. I listen to Rush here and there, and I'm a fan of Ken Hamblin as well.

As to the 9/11 families, imo they are greedy. Why are they getting huge payouts because their loved ones were murdered at work? We don't do this for the families of people killed at work in other violent incidents. Why do they deserve special treatment? It's the entitlement mentality. People compared 9/11 to Pearl Harbor. Did we give the families of those killed at Pearl Harbor huge payouts?

Oh, I do however feel it's our duty to care for those first responders who are suffering health problems brought on by 9/11. Of course if we use the VA to do it, they are screwed.

MasterKiller
01-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Why are they getting huge payouts because their loved ones were murdered at work? We don't do this for the families of people killed at work in other violent incidents. Why do they deserve special treatment?.

It's sort of like paying for a hooker. You don't pay for the sex, you pay her to not talk. ;)

Syn7
01-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh, I do however feel it's our duty to care for those first responders who are suffering health problems brought on by 9/11. Of course if we use the VA to do it, they are screwed.

these people deserve their own lil peice of legislation... its a unique situation and we should set the right precedent as soon as possible...

these are people from the hood, off the street... they werent employees... they get no health insurance or workers comp... and their real employers are like "u didnt get hurt at work so no WC for you"... and we all know what insurance companies are like if they can find a way to not pay, they will... its hard enough for those who were employed by the city to get coverage... reminds me of my area, firemen werent getting much funding for cancer treatement because the links werent PROVEN... well they finally got it, but it took far too long... anyways, these people stepped up in a time of communal crisis and not only should they be treated fairly, they should be seen as heroes... but hey, look how war heroes are treated, no suprise there huh... bottom line is this: if you arent willing to do everything to help the wounded in the military, you have no right shipping them off to fight an aggressive war... if the US was invaded, that would be a bit different... the same principle applies to 911 responders... the city was attacked, they stepped up to defend it, now the US should defend them... its not like they cant find the money... its a drop in the ocean really... and whats more important than protecting those who protect you??? under a full scale attack you would understand that the hurt would be overwhelming and not everybody could be treated... but this is much different... it was a minor attack when it comes down to it and the cost to help these people isnt gonna run the treasury dryer than it already is... just borrow a few more bucks from scary uncle china...

Syn7
01-18-2011, 10:17 AM
It's sort of like paying for a hooker. You don't pay for the sex, you pay her to not talk. ;)

dude, thats going in my quote book....

BJJ-Blue
01-18-2011, 12:20 PM

I'm not sure what you mean.

David Jamieson
01-18-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure what you mean.

He means that discretion is the greater part of valour. In a good way and in a bad way too.

BJJ-Blue
01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
He means that discretion is the greater part of valour. In a good way and in a bad way too.

And I'm still confused.

Are he/you saying they paid them an average of $2 million to avoid a court fight?

Syn7
01-19-2011, 11:48 AM
And I'm still confused.

Are he/you saying they paid them an average of $2 million to avoid a court fight?

in a place with a legal system like the US it doesnt suprise me that it ends up in court and ultimately ends up being about money... one could argue that the gov dropped the ball on 9/11 and that it shouldnt have happened at all... its different than being run down by a car... when you walk out of your house in the morning you iknow you may not come home... you can be hit by a car or whatever, any number of things can get ya... but one thing forsure is that citizens EXPECT to be protected from outside attack... if a missile landed in your back yard but somehow you lived, somebody would be getting sued... esspecially if that missile caused health problems to the hood afterwards... not only would the relatives of the dead be in court for money, but so would the neighbors all the way down the street... thats just how it is up in your area... this is what PC gets u... it doesnt make anyone stronger, thats for sure...

IMO, if a natural disaster hits some hood and trashes the area, those who are insured should be payed out, and those who arent insured should have been and thats just too bad for them... do we agree on that part???
ok now lets say that more damage was done... not directly from the disaster but from consequences arising out of inadequate infastructure and poor choices in the response... do you think the insured aswell as the uninsured have a case for the damage that happened after the fact because of system failure???

you cant have it both ways right... either they have your back or they dont... if they wanna claim success they need to be successful... and we hear all sorts of "claims" from all elected officials... so shouldnt they be held responsible when they drop the ball??? and i dont mean losing an election... cause that doesnt bring back the dead or rebuild homes... besides, 99.99999999% of the government are hired employees, most for life or until they screw up or move on to bigger and better or simply retire... how are they held accountable during an election??? firing one of them isnt gonna rebuild the house they were responsible for looking out for...

with katrina, it was so big that it would be impossible to satisfy everyone... alotta people got screwed and that sucks but it is how it is, it was a HUGE disaster that nobody was ready for and the city just wasnt up to snuff so it got its ass kicked, BAD... but what about smaller issues??? like 9/11... in terms of cost, 911 wasnt sh1t compared to katrina... theres no reason why anyone involved shouldnt be placated... fairly, that is... and we can debate all day over whats fair but that just ends up making the overall cost even greater by dragging this out... imagine how much money wouldve been saved if they just settled sooner...