PDA

View Full Version : Choy Lee Fut Trailer

hskwarrior
01-18-2011, 04:41 PM
This is the trailer for one of the new CLF movie's coming out....NOT BAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk_IbuL0_9Y&feature=player_embedded

TenTigers
01-18-2011, 04:59 PM
great, you guys do a CLF movie, and it actually has real CLF.
Donnie Yen does Ip man, and goes to extrememmeasures, studying Wing Chun just so it looks good.
Meanwhile, Jet Li and Jacky Chan have been portraying Wong Fei-Hung in how many films, and not a single one shows Hung-Ga!(not to mention the Chinese series)

When's it gonna be OUR turn??:mad:

chusauli
01-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Rik,

Movies during the '70's and '80's were disproportionately filled with Hung Ga... things have a way of balancing out now.

Anyone remember CLF Kid? It was a great CLF movie!

hskwarrior
01-18-2011, 05:24 PM
yes...i put CLF kid in one of my CLF vids....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgjYAQyGr8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNMVOwLfn9w&feature=related

my sole hope for a movie is to have one about the Fut San Hung Sing branch done in the Yip Man movie style. that would be so awesome to me.

chusauli
01-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Ha! Ha!

Alexander Fu Sheng - Choy Lay Fut Siu Jee!

Takes me back to NYC Chinatown Music Palace! Sticky floors, (hopefully) cats crawling between your legs, Chinese snacks like dried cuttlefish and Haw flakes, little Juk Sing kids who didn't speak Cantonese running up and down the aisles bored to death and annoying everyone in the theatre. Plus noisy Cantonese commentary.

hskwarrior
01-18-2011, 06:28 PM
nothing brings me back home like the smell of Dit Da Jow and incense.....

mickey
01-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Greetings,

At some point, I was anticipating Eric Roberts to show up and pop off some Best of The Best dialogue.

Otherwise, it looks good.

mickey

TenTigers
01-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Rik,

Movies during the '70's and '80's were disproportionately filled with Hung Ga... things have a way of balancing out now.

yeah, but never really good Hung-Ga (except when they would do the forms-especially when Lam Chun Fai would demo), just that movie style, with the paired stance hopping, or the silly snake hands...
(but I still watched them every week on channel five, or at the triple features on 42nd street, or at the Rosemary-which btw, had very clean floors, dried peas, cuttlefish, beef jerky and dou jeurng in those plastic bottles)

TenTigers
01-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Greetings,

At some point, I was anticipating Eric Roberts to show up and pop off some Best of The Best dialogue.

Otherwise, it looks good.

mickey
"Coach! He's my son, Coach!"

"Coach! He's gonna kill'im!"

"They took my thumb, Charlie!" (oops, wrong movie..)

mickey
01-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi TenTigers,

So you hit NYC Chinatown for movies as well. I never ate the theater food. I always went to Bamboo Garden and purchased 10 hamburger bao (sometimes, I went to the Peach Blossom Restaurant at Canal and Broadway and got some of their stuff takeout) and got orange juice from the tiny store diagonally around the corner of Music Palace. Those were beautiful times. Unfortunately, home video and bootleg videos killed the movie theaters.

mickey

PS: The Pope of Greenwich Village

Laukarbo
01-18-2011, 10:07 PM
looks pretty cool...but what a long trailer that must be like 20% of the movie :)

hung kuen has been in the movies since the 40s...good or bad its another question,for sure i also saw some good stuff :)

banditshaw
01-18-2011, 10:57 PM
yeah, but never really good Hung-Ga (except when they would do the forms-especially when Lam Chun Fai would demo), just that movie style, with the paired stance hopping, or the silly snake hands...
(but I still watched them every week on channel five, or at the triple features on 42nd street, or at the Rosemary-which btw, had very clean floors, dried peas, cuttlefish, beef jerky and dou jeurng in those plastic bottles)

I don't know Rik... Martial Club showed of some pretty clean Hung Kuen. Hell...most of the Lau Bros. stuff really. Kung Fu theater on channel 5 out in LA would show all the fliks.... then my friends and I would larp for hours afterwards. Good times.

Jimbo
01-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Donnie Yen does Ip man, and goes to extrememmeasures, studying Wing Chun just so it looks good.
Meanwhile, Jet Li and Jacky Chan have been portraying Wong Fei-Hung in how many films, and not a single one shows Hung-Ga!(not to mention the Chinese series)

How about Challenge of the Masters? Sure it's old (1976), and the pacing of the fights isn't as smooth, quick or as "real-looking" (as if any of this movie MA looks totally "real") as more recent films, but it's a good Wong Fei-Hong movie and has no slapstick comedy kung fu.

It's about time that CLF began being featured more. CLF, for such a major kung fu style, even in the KF movie heyday, was rarely the featured MA in a film, and not always obvious onscreen, period. IMO, the best CLF film back in the day was New Shaolin Boxers (with Fu Sheng).

sanjuro_ronin
01-19-2011, 07:21 AM

Well, Donnie does SOME Tiger and crane in Iron Monkey...

TenTigers
01-19-2011, 10:14 AM
which movie was it where Jacky Chan does Fu Hok Seurng Ying Kuen on the top of a train to distract the other guy, before getting bashed by a low bridge?

CLFNole
01-19-2011, 11:44 AM
I like that the movie seems to have a lot of real CLF but overall the story looks a bit lame. Personally I would have preferred more of a period CLF piece. I have never been much for modern KF movies with the exception of SPL with Donnie & Sammo.

lone_walker
01-20-2011, 05:52 PM
this movie looks like a disaster...lame script
acting wise Yuen Wah is great, and the rest of them is.....no comment.
the fight sequences look like a CLF 2 man form....
the CGI dueling of Sammo Hung and Yuen Wah.....what the fk?
And finally 'Ip Man' doing CLF with a Karate guy...double what the fk?

chusauli
01-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Just a small comment.

Empty handed WCK Baat Jaam Dao (Double Knives) looks like CLF in a way...

Syn7
01-22-2011, 12:09 PM
looks dope.... wish i could understand a word of it...

i like how he went up against all the diff styles in practice...

i always love watching old fat chinese men that can move like cats... you look at the guy and you think power and stregth and then they move in a blur and youre like WTF... i love that... pleasant suprises are great...

what are the best sammo hung movies???

darkie1973
01-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Jackie Chan used to do lots of Choi in his movies,.... plus (now that he's a bit older now,) he usually gets beat up by Choi dudes. Hell his 'Wong Fei-hung' fought/was friends with "Chan Heung" in Drunken Master 2.

banditshaw
01-30-2011, 11:51 PM
which movie was it where Jacky Chan does Fu Hok Seurng Ying Kuen on the top of a train to distract the other guy, before getting bashed by a low bridge?

I wanna say Supercop.

Violent Designs
02-02-2011, 03:41 AM
no more? deleted?

PhallicWarlord
02-02-2011, 02:10 PM

I wanna say Supercop.

Yeah, that scene is from Supercop.

bawang
02-04-2011, 06:39 PM
they shouldve set it during the taiping rebellion. this sh1t is boring.

Violent Designs
02-04-2011, 08:12 PM
they shouldve set it during the taiping rebellion. this sh1t is boring.

i hate comedies

Fei Ling Skool
02-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Sifu Wong from Brooklyn by way of Xin Hui was the kung fu trainer for this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/choyleef#p/a/u/1/S6n4rjje6I8

The story looks like any other, kinda silly and bad filler between kung fu scenes. But the CLF is good!

extrajoseph
02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Cool CLF, Chan Yiu-Chi would have been proud.

hskwarrior
02-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Chan Yiu Chi might be rolling over in his grave asking why?

extrajoseph
02-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Ahh, that's it, just because it is Chan, it can't be good! Shall we compare his to yours, Cranky Freddy Franky?:eek:

hskwarrior
02-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Ahh, that's it, just because it is Chan, it can't be good! Shall we compare his to yours, Cranky Freddy Franky?

Joseph, you're really a bitter guy. LMAO.