PDA

View Full Version : ever wonder...?

TenTigers
01-24-2011, 09:00 PM
with so many remakes going on, how come no one ever did a remake of "Circle of Iron," with someone good, like Donnie Yen instead of David Carradine.
-just one of my pet peeves.

Also, how come no one ever made "Shibumi" into a movie? Supposedly it was in the works, but never panned out.
what others would you like to see remade?

mickey
01-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Greetings,

As far as "Circle of Iron" goes, I never saw it as a fighting movie. It was more of a quest. I think if the fighting was taken out of the flick, it would have been a better movie.

mickey

sanjuro_ronin
01-25-2011, 07:02 AM
with so many remakes going on, how come no one ever did a remake of "Circle of Iron," with someone good, like Donnie Yen instead of David Carradine.
-just one of my pet peeves.

Also, how come no one ever made "Shibumi" into a movie? Supposedly it was in the works, but never panned out.
what others would you like to see remade?

Well, there have been many "circle of iron" TYPE movies, but none as philosophical.
As for Shibumi, I heard the rights got bought to make a movie base don it, not sure what came from it though.
It would make for a great movie.
Remember before the Bourne series there were some made for tv ones like the Brotherhood of the Rose, remember that one? ( book and tv mini-series?)

Jimbo
01-26-2011, 12:22 AM
I don't think anyone has thought of remaking it because it was a bad movie. It might have been interesting if Bruce Lee had been able to actually make it, but he wasn't. For it to even be marketable, a remake would have to be changed completely, essentially resulting in a whole different movie.