PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to learn how to box from a video?

phantom
07-08-2001, 10:40 PM
I usually do not think that you could learn a style very well solely from videos. However, boxing has the least mount of techniques of just about any martial art. So do you think that it is possible for a person to learn how to box from a video? Thanks in advance.

Losttrak
07-08-2001, 10:41 PM

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

Budokan
07-09-2001, 11:27 AM
Yeah, Rolls says it is. What's more, he says that you can learn to fight just by playing kiddie games on your computer.

Of course, he's an awesomely deadly fighter himself, who knows video-game moves that can devastate any martial artist who isn't a grappler. Why, he even fought (to a draw yet!) someone he totally made up and even today he still challenges other screen names of his own making on KFO! And he's only a white belt in grappling, uh, or wrestling, or spanking the monkey style, or something like that.

Anyway, that kind of fight-preparedness is awesome. I totally respect anybody who gets martial arts knowledge from the pages of Readers Digest. Any true martial artist knows that Readers Digest is a f*cking gold mine of information regarding MA.

Did I mention Rolls is awesome? He is. Uh, awesome, that is.

AWESOMELY G*DD*MN STUPID!!

K. Mark Hoover

shaolinboxer
07-09-2001, 05:33 PM
If you have some experience punching, you can modify your techniques to conform to the boxing structure. I suppose that could be learned from a video.

Watchman
07-09-2001, 06:57 PM
I hate to admit that I find anything that Rolls says is amusing, but his reference to his patented Flying Eye-Gouge™ and Spinning Beotch Slap™ techniques still make me laugh when I think about it. :D :rolleyes:

Reading Rolls' posts is like experiencing a strange and slightly dangerous form of schizophrenia - one moment you're infuriated and the next you're laughing at his moments of wit, then hating yourself for laughing.

As time goes by I become increasingly conviced that Rolls is an A.I. program unleshed on us by the CIA's MKULTRA PsyWar program. Pretty soon I will find myself laughing at one of Rolls' posts, then instantly hating myself for laughing, then slip into a trance state which prompts me to go directly to the local bookstore, buy a copy of Catcher in the Rye, then proceed to the local BJJ school in a futile self-destructive murderous rampage to challenge all the NHB fighters in simultaneous death matches. :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

http://www.wckfc.com/masters/man/Sec2-1.GIF

One is weak because he makes preparation against others;
he has strength because he makes others prepare against him.
-- Sun-Tzu

huff
08-09-2001, 12:47 AM
where can I find this spanking the monkey style. that sound like an awsone system, and imagine the pleasure. Maybe the monks had something when they made this style.

PLZ you must tell me!!! :D :D :D

Theory without practise is like a cloud without rain!

huff
08-10-2001, 02:27 AM
hello0

Theory without practise is like a cloud without rain!