PDA

View Full Version : This nasty winter

BJJ-Blue
02-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Man it's ugly. Record snowfall in the Northeast, football games getting cancelled, millions of people losing electricity, hundreds of flights grounded, work and school cancellings all over, and on and on. It may snow here in Austin tomorrow and Friday night, and tonight we will likely set a 51-year record low temp.

Thank God for global warming! Imagine how bad it would be without jerks like me driving around in gas guzzlers with no catalytic converters. :eek:

You're welcome. ;)

Hardwork108
02-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Man it's ugly. Record snowfall in the Northeast, football games getting cancelled, millions of people losing electricity, hundreds of flights grounded, work and school cancellings all over, and on and on. It may snow here in Austin tomorrow and Friday night, and tonight we will likely set a 51-year record low temp.

Thank God for global warming! Imagine how bad it would be without jerks like me driving around in gas guzzlers with no catalytic converters. :eek:

You're welcome. ;)

Even parts of tropical South America have been having lower than average temperatures. So, thanks to the recent cold temperatures, con-men such as Al Gore, including his controllers are being even further exposed as to what they really are, which is, crooks and criminals, who are trying to steal even more tax dollars from the already suffering world population, as well as of course, not to mention, attempting more controls on our daily lifes!

David Jamieson
02-02-2011, 09:44 AM

You're welcome. ;)

Global warming is in fact occurring. It's normal though.

Climate change is also a problem and yes, we and our activities contribute to it.
However, I elievve our biggest issue is that we need to stem pollution, quickly and drastically.

a plastic garbage patch the size of texas in the pacific is unacceptable.

Here's a pic that shows the result and there are literally hundreds of thousands of examples of this...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Albatross_chick_plastic.jpg

We must change our behaviours.
I bought a small fuel efficient car despitet he fact I can afford a larger more luxurious vehicle with relative ease.

I recycle and reuse more and I eat less processed food and make less non essential consumer purchases.

We only have to do the work of ourselves. It would be nice if everyone would do same, but there will always be "me" people around. Hopefully a smaller number of them and less products they can consume that are harmful.

More electric cars, more efficient use of oil, less production of non-biodegradable substances and myyriad other steps towards solution.

You have made a school boy error of confusing AGW with Climate change though. They aren't one in the same, but one comes rolling off the other.

The only ones who want to keep the stupid argument going are oil companies who stand to lose should we all, or most of us, make the paradigm shift and real effort towards conservatism in ecological resources.

The propaganda against agw and climate change is coming from lobbyists and oil companies as well as factory farmers and so on who want to maintain status quo for their wealth growth, not yours or mine and they don't care about the detrimental effects of the way they do business it would appear.

Greed is not good, Boesky was horribly wrong and correction is needed and will come. by our own effort or by our decimation. Taxation for the sake of making the change and carbon credits is not a viable solution either. Legislation is required.

Lucas
02-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Im in Portland, OR. its sunny right now, and dry. A bit chilly but thats just cuz of no cloud cover. I feel bad for the rest of the country. We have such mild winters here...we had maybe 2 evenings with light snow sprinkles but nothing stuck this year. I even see some flowers blooming right now out the window. :D

BJJ-Blue
02-02-2011, 10:49 AM
a plastic garbage patch the size of texas in the pacific is unacceptable.

There is no garbage patch the size of Texas in the Pacific. That's yet another fraud you've fallen for.

"Claims that the "Great Garbage Patch" between California and Japan is twice the size of Texas is "grossly exaggerated" said the research which reckons it is more like one per cent the size.

Further reports that the oceans are filled with more plastic than plankton, and that the patch has been growing tenfold each decade since the 1950s are equally misleading, the new research claimed.

In reality it often cannot even be seen from the deck of a passing boat, said the latest analysts from the Oregon State University professor of oceanography Angelicque White.

But genuine scientific concerns are undermined by scare tactics from those proclaiming the trash patch is so big that there is more plastic than plankton in the Pacific.

Prof White said: "There is no doubt that the amount of plastic in the world's oceans is troubling, but this kind of exaggeration undermines the credibility of scientists.

"We have data that allow us to make reasonable estimates. We don't need the hyperbole.

"Given the observed concentration of plastic in the North Pacific, it is simply inaccurate to state that plastic outweighs plankton, or that we have observed an exponential increase in plastic."

One popular claim is that the size of the patch is twice that of the state of Texas – half a million square miles or the equivalent of 20 times the size of England.

But while the plastic stretches across the surface, its mass compared to the amount of water means it only takes up a tiny fraction of its proclaimed area, said Prof White.

"The amount of plastic out there isn't trivial," she said.

"But the patch ... is a small fraction of the state of Texas, not twice the size.""

Source: (And again you have produced no sources, just more allegations)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/8241265/Great-Garbage-Patch-in-the-Pacific-Ocean-not-so-great-claim-scientists.html

I bought a small fuel efficient car despitet he fact I can afford a larger more luxurious vehicle with relative ease.

I recycle and reuse more and I eat less processed food and make less non essential consumer purchases.

Good for you. You go ahead and drive a go-cart and bring your recycled grocery bags to the store while China and India spew more and more gases daily.

You know, if the Chicken Littles like Al Gore are right, we will know in 10 years. With all the pollution China and India are dumping into the environment unregulated, we will see if it has a drastic effect or if people like me, Rush, Palin, etc are right. Of course you guys will just change the wording again to find a way to blame 'big business' when the sky doesn't fall.

More electric cars, more efficient use of oil, less production of non-biodegradable substances and myyriad other steps towards solution.

Don't forget more laws and less freedoms too.

The only ones who want to keep the stupid argument going are oil companies who stand to lose should we all, or most of us, make the paradigm shift and real effort towards conservatism in ecological resources.

Al Gore and those raking in millions of dollars on the scam also want to keep the argument going. I love how you liberals always ***** and moan about all the money 'big business' and CEOs make, but never seem to care about the billions of dollars the Global Warming scam brings in or the millions and millions people like Al Gore take in for themselves.

The only difference between Bernie Madoff and Al Gore is that Madoff wasn't taking away people's freedoms in the name of his scam.

GeneChing
02-02-2011, 11:18 AM
It's actually just Global weather change. The warming is more of a threat so the media has locked onto the term warming.

David Jamieson
02-02-2011, 12:28 PM
1bad and his propensity for willful ignorance.

anything that interferes with you shoving something in your mouth or up your ass will get you into hackles.

For your iformation mr. wrong: Research sponsored by the National Science Foundation suggests the affected area may be just twice the size of Texas.

That's YOUR American National Science Foundation.

So, yeah, I was wrong, it's TWICE the size of texas.

Anyway, you think waste and consumerism is good?

:rolleyes:

BJJ-Blue
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
So post the source and link. I posted mine.

Also, you can shut me up on Global Warming quite easily. Simply post THREE or more scientists who subscribe to Global Warming saying 10 years ago or further back that we would see increased snowfall, falling temperatures, record cold, etc as part of the Global Warming's effects on the planet. I'll bet you can't find one. ;)

Or you can just call me more names and make even more assertions you can't back up. :rolleyes:

BJJ-Blue
02-02-2011, 12:53 PM
1bad and his propensity for willful ignorance.

You could also post a 'Google Earth' image showing this supposed Texas-sized garbage patch. Then we can all judge how big it really is. :D

Lucas
02-02-2011, 01:09 PM
this is their website

http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=115481

MasterKiller
02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs/Fig.A2.lrg.gif

Syn7
02-02-2011, 02:07 PM
nobody knows for sure what is causing this climate shift... some say its warming some say its actually cooling... some say its a natural phenomenon some say its man made and others say its some combination or another of both... we really dont know forsure... but i think in the interest of being responsible and looking out for our planet LONG TERM, we need to take measures to be less wasteful... theres more than enough evidence to suggest garbage is a major problem for all of us... and theres more than enough evidence that shows that we live far far beyond our basic needs, and quite frankly in the west we live beyond our means aswell... but thats another topic...

cant we all agree that waste is getting to be a rediculous issue and we need to put our resources into more neutral technologies??? no???

Syn7
02-02-2011, 02:17 PM
this is their website

http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=115481

not to be a d1ck, but if they found so much garbage why do they only show a pic of a small cluster... i heard years ago that there where plastic islands out there... clusters of plastic that kills fish coz they think its plankton blah blah blah... i dont know if its true or not... it just seems to me that they would show some inpressive pics if they saw garbage twice the size of texas... or is it lil clusters like this spread our randomly throughout an area twice the size of texas? and if thats the case then everything ive heard has been rediculously exaggerated... honestly, im not willing to take a position on this one way or the other...

either way, we need to stop using plastic like this... its complete bullsh!t... its so easilly preventable... we're such retards that way... sheep baaaaah....

MasterKiller
02-02-2011, 02:24 PM
not to be a d1ck, but if they found so much garbage why do they only show a pic of a small cluster... i heard years ago that there where plastic islands out there... clusters of plastic that kills fish coz they think its plankton blah blah blah... i dont know if its true or not... it just seems to me that they would show some inpressive pics if they saw garbage twice the size of texas... or is it lil clusters like this spread our randomly throughout an area twice the size of texas? and if thats the case then everything ive heard has been rediculously exaggerated... honestly, im not willing to take a position on this one way or the other...

either way, we need to stop using plastic like this... its complete bullsh!t... its so easilly preventable... we're such retards that way... sheep baaaaah....

The plastic patch is mostly microscopic-sized particles. You can't even see most of it with your naked eye.

The patch extends over an indeterminate area, with estimates ranging very widely depending on the degree of plastic concentration used to define the affected area. Although many media and advocacy reports have suggested the patch extends over an area larger than the continental U.S, recent research sponsored by the National Science Foundation suggests the affected area may be just twice the size of Texas.[2] [3] This can be attributed to the fact that there is no specific standard for determining the boundary between the “normal” and “elevated” levels of pollutants and what constitutes being part of the patch. The size is determined by a higher-than normal degree of concentration of pelagic debris in the water. Recent data collected from Pacific albatross populations suggest there may be two distinct zones of concentrated debris in the Pacific.[4]

The Patch is characterized by exceptionally high concentrations of pelagic plastics, chemical sludge, and other debris that have been trapped by the currents of the North Pacific Gyre.[5] Despite its size and density, the patch is not visible from satellite photography since it primarily consists of suspended particulates in the upper water column. Since plastics break down to ever smaller polymers, concentrations of submerged particles are not visible from space, nor do they appear as a continuous debris field. Instead, the patch is defined as an area in which the mass of plastic debris in the upper water column is significantly higher than average.

BJJ-Blue
02-02-2011, 02:40 PM
not to be a d1ck, but if they found so much garbage why do they only show a pic of a small cluster... i heard years ago that there where plastic islands out there... clusters of plastic that kills fish coz they think its plankton blah blah blah... i dont know if its true or not... it just seems to me that they would show some inpressive pics if they saw garbage twice the size of texas...

I see others are figuring it out too. It's just another scam whose main purpose is to hurt American business and take away rights of Americans as well.

Look, I have to breathe the same air you guys do. So I do give a darn. But if you guys want to drive golf carts around town and recycle shopping bags, cans, and eat organic, etc, more power to you. Just don't go passing laws that force me to do the same. If it weren't for our freedoms being on the line, I wouldn't give a care how much lying, manipulating data, changing the goalposts, etc these con men did. But when it affects mine (and everyone else's) freedoms, I'll stand up and expose it for the fraud it is.

Again, show me THREE or more scientists saying 10 years (or longer) ago that as part of Global Warming we could expect harsher winters, record snowfalls, record low temps, etc before the warming and I'll start to take these people seriously.

To me it just defies logic to say, 'The massive cooling proves there is warming'. :confused:

SanHeChuan
02-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Yet another "educated" conservative that doesn't know the difference between climate and weather. ;)

Syn7
02-02-2011, 03:31 PM
The plastic patch is mostly microscopic-sized particles. You can't even see most of it with your naked eye.

and thats what the fish think is food?? makes sense i guess... i understand why plastic comes together tho... could you drive a boat thru it or will it mess up your prop??

David Jamieson
02-02-2011, 03:47 PM
1 bad would like a source for the sky is blue.

lol. It's like trying to teach calculus to a monkey.

meh, he's a troll.

troll him back. :p

Hardwork108
02-02-2011, 04:17 PM

They also say that there are microscopic-sized elephants flying all over the Pacific Ocean, but they cannot show them, because they are too small too photograph...:D

Hardwork108
02-02-2011, 04:25 PM
I see others are figuring it out too. It's just another scam whose main purpose is to hurt American business and take away rights of Americans as well.

Look, I have to breathe the same air you guys do. So I do give a darn. But if you guys want to drive golf carts around town and recycle shopping bags, cans, and eat organic, etc, more power to you. Just don't go passing laws that force me to do the same. If it weren't for our freedoms being on the line, I wouldn't give a care how much lying, manipulating data, changing the goalposts, etc these con men did. But when it affects mine (and everyone else's) freedoms, I'll stand up and expose it for the fraud it is.

Again, show me THREE or more scientists saying 10 years (or longer) ago that as part of Global Warming we could expect harsher winters, record snowfalls, record low temps, etc before the warming and I'll start to take these people seriously.
This assault on our freedoms effects more than the American people. It effects the world. No matter where you are on this planet, nowadays you will have to pay extra money for air travel. Money that ultimately ends up on the pockets of the Al Gore gang and their controllers.

To me it just defies logic to say, 'The massive cooling proves there is warming'. :confused:

They use anything they can to justify their SCAM. When we get warmer than usual weather, then they call it "Global Warming". Then when we get colder than usual weather, then they say that it is "Climate Change".....LOL!

I am laughing, but he funniest and at the same time saddest part is that many neuron challenged members of the world community believe all of this BS, because they have seen some crook in suite on TV telling them that it is.

wenshu
02-02-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm paraphrasing but this is how I heard a climatologist describe the process;

Leave your freezer open over night and what happens? The freezer melts and the rest of the room gets colder.

That is like what is happening now. The Arctic ice is melting; this is a verifiable fact. This is releasing cold air towards the equator which is why we are seeing all these crazy winter weather patterns.

In the grand scheme of things, it's really not a big deal. People who claim to care about the environment don't give a **** about the environment; they care about the Human race, they are just anthropomorphizing their fear of extinction onto the Earth. Planet Earth is going to be just fine.

We should be so lucky as to be witness to an extinction event.

David Jamieson
02-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Yes, it is not difficult to understand and yes it is happening.

But there is a huge amount of propaganda being released that counters it with all sorts of fabrications because of business and money.

Let's face it, rampant "me" thinkers and greed has essentially brought about much of this ruination.

The only law that people need to worry about is law of the jungle. Eventually people will get fed up and start to literally assault those people who exhibit casual disregard for others and the planet.

It happens now. It will get worse I predict.

sanjuro_ronin
02-03-2011, 07:28 AM
It is common sense that we humans are making our mark on the environment, good and bad of course.
I have found that "climate change zealots" have become their own worse nightmare with their extremist attitude and their 'ends justifies the means" tactics.

I have no doubt that we are effecting our climate, I would just like to see some unbiased and common sense evidence of such.

BJJ-Blue
02-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Yet another "educated" conservative that doesn't know the difference between climate and weather. ;)

So again, show me THREE scientists saying at least 10 years ago that as part of 'Global Warming' or even the new buzzword 'Climate Change' that we would have record low temps, record snowfalls, harsher winters, etc in the near future followed by the global warming.

It's real easy to give these guys credibility. If a few of them predicted this, I'd have no choice but to admit they might well be onto something.

And FYI, this 'climate' vs 'weather' was moot when they were screming 'Global Warming'. But once the record cold winters started happening, it morphed into 'Climate Change'. If you fall for the scam, fine. But without proof of any of these guys prediciting the record cold, I cannot take them seriously. Why you blindly follow people who were dead wrong in their predicitions is beyond me. Do you also believe in Sylvia Browne and John Edward?

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 09:07 AM

You could apply the same comment to the Global Warming con-men, who site above average temparatures during a given period of time, as a change in climate, but do not do the same when the temperatures fall below average, referring to this as just a weather abnomality.;)

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 09:10 AM
So again, show me THREE scientists saying at least 10 years ago that as part of 'Global Warming' or even the new buzzword 'Climate Change' that we would have record low temps, record snowfalls, harsher winters, etc in the near future followed by the global warming.

It's real easy to give these guys credibility. If a few of them predicted this, I'd have no choice but to admit they might well be onto something.

And FYI, this 'climate' vs 'weather' was moot when they were screming 'Global Warming'. But once the record cold winters started happening, it morphed into 'Climate Change'. If you fall for the scam, fine. But without proof of any of these guys prediciting the record cold, I cannot take them seriously. Why you blindly follow people who were dead wrong in their predicitions is beyond me. Do you also believe in Sylvia Browne and John Edward?

The Global Warming CON-MEN make it up as they go along and their followers, who are generally the "rebels looking for a cause" types, follow them blindly.

If next winter turns out to be a mild one, then we will be told that this is proof of Man Made Global warming heating up the earth.....LOL!

FWIW, the earth cools and warms periodically, depending on sun spot activity. The same is true about the other planets that orbit the sun....

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Leave your freezer open over night and what happens? The freezer melts and the rest of the room gets colder.

If that were true, then we would have the earth cooling down since this whole scam started. Yet, not all winters and summers have been having below average temperatures!

That is like what is happening now. The Arctic ice is melting; this is a verifiable fact. This is releasing cold air towards the equator which is why we are seeing all these crazy winter weather patterns.

Some climatologists claim that the melting of the arctic is a cyclical. The same is true of the warming and cooling of the earth, which correlates with high and low sunspot activity. Have you heard any of the "Global Warming" CON-MEN, "scientists" included refer to this rather well known phenomenon?

In the grand scheme of things, it's really not a big deal. People who claim to care about the environment don't give a **** about the environment; they care about the Human race, they are just anthropomorphizing their fear of extinction onto the Earth. Planet Earth is going to be just fine.

This same human instinct of survival is being exploited by the "Global Warming" CON-MEN as part of a bigger plan to implement more controls, including laws, taxes and tarrifs, that will do nothing except enslave us more.

The same is true about other engineered "threats", such as the "Terrorist Threat", "Threats from Epidemics and Endemics", and etc.

I am hoping to be lucky enought to witness the arrest and imprisonment of all of these con-men and psychopaths that have made life on this planet a misery for millions of innocent human beings!

KC Elbows
02-03-2011, 10:30 AM

Two different people who I've known, one a physical geographer whose specialty was the effects and cleanup of various toxic wastes, the other a climatologist, put it this way, based on their education and years of working in the field, not solely in research, but a good amount of corporate work(at the time, they were professors of mine):

Higher temperatures melt the caps, releasing much cooler water into the surrounding oceans. The convection at place in the world's oceans then tends to lead it on semi-predictable paths. The concern is not solely the higher temperatures at the outset, which vary by a few degrees from "normal" periods, but from the increasing influx of melted water from the caps, cooling the oceans themselves, whose capacity to retain temperature becomes a problem.

It is a normal process, but modern life has influenced it this time. Smog filled areas do not disperse their heat normally, large cities predominantly made of concrete and steel become hotter throughout the day and again, do not use or disperse their heat like organic regions. In seeing people who actually work in the sciences related to geology and climate, one doesn't run into the so-called controversy others place on these ideas(much like the so-called controversy regarding evolution, a controversy that does not exist in anything like that reported outside research circles). They argue to some extent about degree of influence, but it seems like, at least in the journals, most of the research that has held up says there is an influence, and it would be better to curb or minimize man-made contributions.

As for melting caps lowering the temperatures of the oceans, that idea has been around for more than twenty years, if memory serves me correctly.
As for severity of winter, there's many more factors, among them the sun and its varied activities, that play into that, but the idea that global warming could have a role in ice ages is not new at all.

As for China, two years ago they did away with plastic shopping bags in the province I was in by simply requiring shops to sell them: no one wanted to pay for something that was gratis before, so they began using reusable bags. Only a lazy ass can't get a reusable bag.

As for freedom, we aren't free to own nuclear bombs, pour poison into water reservoirs, litter, etc. There is no practical difference between unnecessarily using disposable goods and littering.

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Two different people who I've known, one a physical geographer whose specialty was the effects and cleanup of various toxic wastes, the other a climatologist, put it this way, based on their education and years of working in the field, not solely in research, but a good amount of corporate work(at the time, they were professors of mine):

Higher temperatures melt the caps, releasing much cooler water into the surrounding oceans. The convection at place in the world's oceans then tends to lead it on semi-predictable paths. The concern is not solely the higher temperatures at the outset, which vary by a few degrees from "normal" periods, but from the increasing influx of melted water from the caps, cooling the oceans themselves, whose capacity to retain temperature becomes a problem.

It is a normal process, but modern life has influenced it this time. Smog filled areas do not disperse their heat normally, large cities predominantly made of concrete and steel become hotter throughout the day and again, do not use or disperse their heat like organic regions. In seeing people who actually work in the sciences related to geology and climate, one doesn't run into the so-called controversy others place on these ideas(much like the so-called controversy regarding evolution, a controversy that does not exist in anything like that reported outside research circles). They argue to some extent about degree of influence, but it seems like, at least in the journals, most of the research that has held up says there is an influence, and it would be better to curb or minimize man-made contributions.

As for melting caps lowering the temperatures of the oceans, that idea has been around for more than twenty years, if memory serves me correctly.
As for severity of winter, there's many more factors, among them the sun and its varied activities, that play into that, but the idea that global warming could have a role in ice ages is not new at all.

As for China, two years ago they did away with plastic shopping bags in the province I was in by simply requiring shops to sell them: no one wanted to pay for something that was gratis before, so they began using reusable bags. Only a lazy ass can't get a reusable bag.

As for freedom, we aren't free to own nuclear bombs, pour poison into water reservoirs, litter, etc. There is no practical difference between unnecessarily using disposable goods and littering.

This short video clip says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGIh6PIz7fE

BJJ-Blue
02-03-2011, 11:31 AM
So KC, why were we not told this would happen by the Global Warming 'scientists'?

We heard of how new deserts would be created, sea levels would rise and thus permanently submerge many coastal areas, and temps would rise dramatically. No one said a word back then about record cold winters, snowfalls, etc. No one. But now they are saying they can explain it all. :rolleyes: It's flat out amazing that those who failed to predict this are now saying they were right all along. It's even more amazing some people still believe these con artists.

Syn7
02-03-2011, 11:52 AM
If that were true, then we would have the earth cooling down since this whole scam started. Yet, not all winters and summers have been having below average temperatures!

Some climatologists claim that the melting of the arctic is a cyclical. The same is true of the warming and cooling of the earth, which correlates with high and low sunspot activity. Have you heard any of the "Global Warming" CON-MEN, "scientists" included refer to this rather well known phenomenon?

This same human instinct of survival is being exploited by the "Global Warming" CON-MEN as part of a bigger plan to implement more controls, including laws, taxes and tarrifs, that will do nothing except enslave us more.

The same is true about other engineered "threats", such as the "Terrorist Threat", "Threats from Epidemics and Endemics", and etc.

I am hoping to be lucky enought to witness the arrest and imprisonment of all of these con-men and psychopaths that have made life on this planet a misery for millions of innocent human beings!

dont even front like you understand the science here... you are going on faith too...

prove me wrong, explain all of this in your own words... even then, all you have to do is some bullsh1t paraphrase of some prison planet rhettoric...

im not saying it is or it isnt, even tho i do understand alot of the science here, i dont get it all and i couldnt recreate any of these models from scratch without basing it on other peoples words... youknowhutimsayin???

therefore, in the interest of being unbiased and honest with you aswell as myself, i have to admit that i dont know for sure one way or the other... and as far as im concerned, anybody here who says otherwise is an idiot know it all goof, or they are deep into the science and have been involved with these studies for years and years...

you can lie to your friends all you want, but dont lie to me... this goes to all of you that think they know for sure one way or the other...

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 12:04 PM
dont even front like you understand the science here... you are going on faith too...

It is not faith but logic. They say the earth is warming and kept reminding us every time there were above average temperatures. Then they began having some bad luck with spells of extreme below average temperatures. So, they shut up first, then turn around and "accommodate" their SCAM with last minute additions, and of course, the sheep or the lap dog do gooders eat their cr@p up like candy.

prove me wrong, explain all of this in your own words... even then, all you have to do is some bullsh1t paraphrase of some prison planet rhettoric...

I just did in my own words and I always put in my own words in my posts. Perhaps you are the one who has been reading too much "prison planet"?

im not saying it is or it isnt, even tho i do understand alot of the science here, i dont get it all and i couldnt recreate any of these models from scratch without basing it on other peoples words... youknowhutimsayin???

Just because you can't see the con, does not mean that others can't see it using their logic, common sense and regular scientific knowledge, such as the fact that the ball in the sky known as the sun, has been causing climate change, sometimes drastic ones, on this planet, and others in the solar system, for thousands of years.

I can hazard a guess that the above mentioned fact was missing from some of con-man Al Gore's computer models.....

Syn7
02-03-2011, 12:09 PM
It is not faith but logic. They say the earth is warming and kept reminding us every time there were above average temperatures. Then they began having some bad luck with spells of extreme below average temperatures. So, they shut up first, then turn around and "accommodate" their SCAM with last minute additions, and of course, the sheep or the lap dog do gooders eat their cr@p up like candy.

I just did in my own words and I always put in my own words in my posts. Perhaps you are the one who has been reading too much "prison planet"?

Just because you can't see the con, does not mean that others can't see it using their logic, common sense and regular scientific knowledge, such as the fact that the ball in the sky known as the sun, has been causing climate change, sometimes drastic ones, on this planet, and others in the solar system, for thousands of years.

I can hazard a guess that the above mentioned fact was missing from some of con-man Al Gore's computer models.....

and just because you see a con doesnt mean its really there... you are going on faith... you want to believe all this...

KC Elbows
02-03-2011, 12:15 PM
So KC, why were we not told this would happen by the Global Warming 'scientists'?

We heard of how new deserts would be created, sea levels would rise and thus permanently submerge many coastal areas, and temps would rise dramatically. No one said a word back then about record cold winters, snowfalls, etc. No one. But now they are saying they can explain it all. :rolleyes: It's flat out amazing that those who failed to predict this are now saying they were right all along. It's even more amazing some people still believe these con artists.

Factually incorrect. As I ALREADY stated, twenty years ago at least it was recognized that a global warming trend probably would cause melting polar caps, which was a possible cause of ice ages. In addition, this information was taught me in college level science classes before the cold winters started, so apparently the things you are accusing scientists of making up now to accomodate a couple cold winters were standard arguments in ACTUAL FRIKKIN SCIENCE before, and you're calling them liars and cheats based on what you want to be true, without proof. Lame.

Since you failed to read my first post, which explained that the model existed twenty years ago that explains why global warming and ice ages are likely related, I'm not bothering with any further posts by you.

BJJ-Blue
02-03-2011, 12:31 PM
...so apparently the things you are accusing scientists of making up now to accomodate a couple cold winters were standard arguments in ACTUAL FRIKKIN SCIENCE before, and you're calling them liars and cheats based on what you want to be true, without proof.

Ok, here's proof. And as usual, it's sourced.

"Monday, 20 March 2000

Britain's winter ends tomorrow with further indications of a striking environmental change: snow is starting to disappear from our lives.

Sledges, snowmen, snowballs and the excitement of waking to find that the stuff has settled outside are all a rapidly diminishing part of Britain's culture, as warmer winters - which scientists are attributing to global climate change - produce not only fewer white Christmases, but fewer white Januaries and Februaries.

Global warming, the heating of the atmosphere by increased amounts of industrial gases, is now accepted as a reality by the international community. Average temperatures in Britain were nearly 0.6°C higher in the Nineties than in 1960-90, and it is estimated that they will increase by 0.2C every decade over the coming century. Eight of the 10 hottest years on record occurred in the Nineties.

However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia, within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".

"Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said.

David Parker, at the Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research in Berkshire, says ultimately, British children could have only virtual experience of snow. Via the internet, they might wonder at polar scenes - or eventually "feel" virtual cold.

The chances are certainly now stacked against the sort of heavy snowfall in cities that inspired Impressionist painters, such as Sisley, and the 19th century poet laureate Robert Bridges, who wrote in "London Snow" of it, "stealthily and perpetually settling and loosely lying"."

Source: (entire article)
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/snowfalls-are-now-just-a-thing-of-the-past-724017.html

So here we have a "senior research scientist" at East Anglia saying "within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event". And that was 10 years ago. So now we know he was DEAD WRONG. And this was the research facility that was caught changing data! Do you now admit you got fooled? Or is the Kool-Aid that good?

I mean, what more do you need???? Here is a "senior research scientist" making predictions that were 180 degrees off!

Since you failed to read my first post, which explained that the model existed twenty years ago that explains why global warming and ice ages are likely related, I'm not bothering with any further posts by you.

Oh, I read it. I just wanted a link showing the model was spoken about back then. Anyone can say now they predicted it 20 years ago, heck that's their M.O! Just show me proof of them saying it 20 years ago.

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 12:41 PM
and just because you see a con doesnt mean its really there... you are going on faith... you want to believe all this...

Here is an exerpt from what BJJ-Blue posted in his previous post.

"So here we have a "senior research scientist" at East Anglia saying "within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event". And that was 10 years ago. So now we know he was DEAD WRONG. And this was the research facility that was caught changing data! Do you now admit you got fooled? Or is the Kool-Aid that good?"

I.e.---Yet another proof of the global warming scam and the power and scope of people who are selling this lie to us.

Related to this is the well known fact that many times scientists parrot the research "findings" that their sponsors dictate!!!!

Read his whole post.

The Global Warming scam is just that a SCAM. Those who do not want to see it don't do so because their minds cannot handle the utter and disgusting corruption of those who rule us. So, what you guys do is self-sensor and rationalize facts that are looking you in the face.

Good luck with that.....

Just know that this scam is part of a wider series of scams and fantasies created to herd the human race towards a very nasty future!!!

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 12:59 PM
This clip is always worth a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpnwrb-pyo&feature=related

KC Elbows
02-03-2011, 01:02 PM
For those who like diverse theories:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1242011/DAVID-ROSE-The-mini-ice-age-starts-here.html

Note that this model is not a refutation of man-made global warming, the main scientist in question, like most, recognizes chemical changes in the atmosphere and related phenomenon as contributing to exactly that, but relates a possible cycle that exists as well, shifting from cold to warm and back.

So, differing theory, still believes that man-made factors cause warming IN RELATION TO PROCESSES ALREADY AT WORK.

This is actually the kind of arguments common to the actual scientists, no real denial that man-made influences are not relevant, just arguments over at what point an ice age becomes a possibility, what mechanisms are at work, etc.

Not minimizing man-made influence is merely short-sighted and foolish, most of the reputable theories seem to agree, not just the ones predicting cataclysms.

Mind you, this is not a primary source, but then, primary sources would be above most of our heads on this, which is why none have appeared on this thread yet.

KC Elbows
02-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Related to this is the well known fact that many times scientists parrot the research "findings" that their sponsors dictate!!!!

Corporations that face regulation of emissions on the whole have much more money and much more motivation(loss of profits) to fund skewed research AGAINST global warming.

David Jamieson
02-03-2011, 01:47 PM
It is common sense that we humans are making our mark on the environment, good and bad of course.
I have found that "climate change zealots" have become their own worse nightmare with their extremist attitude and their 'ends justifies the means" tactics.

I have no doubt that we are effecting our climate, I would just like to see some unbiased and common sense evidence of such.

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590212605.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590267379.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590335891.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590392749.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590457456.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590516675.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590586733.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590632243.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590709509.jpg

convinced?

and hey, 1bad, these data are Chinese. You know, that people and country that don't care about climate change and are now polluting your air? Yeah those guys.:rolleyes:

It's happening. We have and are contributing to it happening. We are over the tipping point however and can now do nothing since the Industrial revolution has been in full swing for some time now.

So, what can we do to stem our bad behaviours. Well how about we don't make big stupid trucks that lard asses use to drive one block to get a bag of cheetos? How about that?

how about if we collectively take a look at our eating habits and how those are supported by huge, wasteful factory farms.

How about we take a look at combustion engines and why the heck are we still using them despite the fact that electric vehicles have been pretty much good to go for 100 years?

There are many connected and interlaced problems that contribute to the whole. I used to not give it much buy in either, but with the tale of the satellite tape, from multiple sources as has been offered in the last year or two, yeah, I'm taking steps and so can any of you.

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Corporations that face regulation of emissions on the whole have much more money and much more motivation(loss of profits) to fund skewed research AGAINST global warming.

And the biggest and most powerful corporations and BANKS are the ones who are running the government and her agencies, while owning the @sses of people like Al Gore and company, as well as puppet Presidents and Prime Ministers - lock, stock and barrel!

By the way, all the extra taxations and fines that we end up paying because of scams like "Man-Made Global Warming" and the current engineered global financial crisis, end up in the volts of the same bank private banking cartels, who engineered it.

On one level, this whole thing contributes to the syphoning of wealth from the masses, into the hands of the elite banking and corporate families, which in the mid to long term, according to what some researchers say, is designed to destroy the middle class.

BJJ-Blue
02-03-2011, 02:15 PM

Actually what they are doing to save money is just moving operations to China and/or India where there are no environmentalist laws.

So the environmentalists are shooting themselves in the foot for calling for more and more regulation over here because the 'evil polluters' just move offshore where there is ZERO regulation. And they are too stupid to see it.

So again, how do you (or anyone else) refute me saying its a scam when one of the main players at the main research facility said in 2000 "within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event" and that "children just aren't going to know what snow is"?

David Jamieson
02-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Actually what they are doing to save money is just moving operations to China and/or India where there are no environmentalist laws. You are wrong and you are not paying attention. Go back and study more.
You like sources, so here, read it and weep big mouth: http://chinalawandpolicy.com/category/climate-change/

http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/sreddy/india_climate_change_and_energ_26.html

So the environmentalists are shooting themselves in the foot for calling for more and more regulation over here because the 'evil polluters' just move offshore where there is ZERO regulation. And they are too stupid to see it. Again, it is you who are wrong here. The Copenhagen meeting should have made your error clear to you, but then, I get the feeling you don't really study the concept much except to complain about it because of whatever reason it is that you feel you are being attacked for it. You're not. It's being pointed out that it's happening. It is. One of the ways to change social behaviour is to change what is available to consume. Nobody makes bi-planes and in 50 years, no one will produce combustion engine vehicles for personal use. You don't even have to worry about your right to burn gas, there simply won't be any available to you and you won't be able to buy your own personal monster truck either. You'll see combustion engines on somethings, but not many.

So again, how do you (or anyone else) refute me saying its a scam when one of the main players at the main research facility said in 2000 "within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event" and that "children just aren't going to know what snow is"?

It's easy to refute the village idiot. He's the village idiot and it goes without saying that most of the time he's talking out of his ass and from a perspective of sheer and deep ignorance.

Now go back and look at the satellite photos with dating will you.

And know this, I think the idea of carbon credits is pure bull. Behavior changes have to be encouraged through free market solutions such as the elimination of bad polluting vehicles and the production of good no polluting ones.

As well as better ways to factory farm etc.

I mean, I would rather eat free range chicken than factory farmed. Therefore I do not buy factory farmed chicken.

Many people refuse to spend money on what they perceive to be useless items. Over time, less of the useless will be available and more of the innovative and well designed and non-polluting designed goods will be available.

You'll be dead and the world will change despite your rants. That is simply the way it is.

KC Elbows
02-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Actually what they are doing to save money is just moving operations to China and/or India where there are no environmentalist laws.

Perhaps they merely want child laborers, you're right, we should not have regulations preventing child labor in America, then our own poor kids can make our shoes and we won't be forcing away those good companies that just need little hands for shoe manufacturing. Teach the kids some responsibility early, save all that money on educating them. Good call.

BJJ-Blue
02-03-2011, 03:46 PM
You are wrong and you are not paying attention. Go back and study more.
You like sources, so here, read it and weep big mouth: http://chinalawandpolicy.com/category/climate-change/

http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/sreddy/india_climate_change_and_energ_26.html

The first link showed that China is ahead of the US on high speed rail and spends more on solar panels and wind power. It said nothing of environmental regulations that I saw.

The 2nd one had more 'doom and gloom' about how horrible the global warming was going to be in India, but nothing about existing environmental laws that I saw.

And even if I missed the parts about their laws, I'll guarantee they are not nearly as stringent as the US laws are. There are reasons we are having rolling blackouts here, and it's mostly because of a lack of powerplants because it's nearly impossible to build one with all the EPA and other Gov't regulations. In China and India I'd bet they are building large numbers of power plants.

Again, it is you who are wrong here. The Copenhagen meeting should have made your error clear to you, but then, I get the feeling you don't really study the concept much except to complain about it because of whatever reason it is that you feel you are being attacked for it.

It's easy to refute the village idiot. He's the village idiot and it goes without saying that most of the time he's talking out of his ass and from a perspective of sheer and deep ignorance.

How am I wrong by posting the 'scientists' incorrect predictions?

As to the village idiot, I wasn't the one who said in 2000 that in a few years snowfalls were going to be a rare thing and that kids wouldn't know what snow was. But maybe he isn't that dumb, since I'm sure he and his 'research center' have gotten millions and millions of Gov't grant money despite his being completely wrong on the issue he is supposed to be an expert in.

Now go back and look at the satellite photos with dating will you.

Satellite pics are the easiest way to keep the scam going. They show ONE DAY'S data, and are compared to pics/images in the past that are ONE DAY'S data. We need a little more comparison than one day here and there. It's also been shown that the 'scientists' who are saying it exists roll out the best images to back up their assertions. After all they have 365 images per year to choose from. Do the math....

You'll be dead and the world will change despite your rants. That is simply the way it is.

True. And if it changes in the ways you guys want it's people like MasterKiller's kids who will have less freedoms and be paying even much higher taxes than we are now. I want a better country for the next generations, not a country where Gov't makes every little decision for you (what to eat, what to drive, your doctor, how much power you're allowed to use, etc). I want people like his kids to enjoy the freedoms I've had that I fear will be gone in the not so distant future. But of course I'm just a greedy, selfish neocon.

Perhaps they merely want child laborers, you're right, we should not have regulations preventing child labor in America, then our own poor kids can make our shoes and we won't be forcing away those good companies that just need little hands for shoe manufacturing. Teach the kids some responsibility early, save all that money on educating them. Good call.

I work in high tech, so I'm quite familiar with 'offshoring'. Trust me, it has zero to do with child labor. They go there to escape regulations. Do some research into what chemicals, materials, acids, metals, etc are used in semiconductor manufacturing. Then look at all the laws governing those things. It will be crystal clear to you.

I can't speak for Nike, Reebok, etc and their child labor issues. But I know the semiconductor fabs, test houses, assembly sites, etc are not staffed by child labor. They are staffed with trained, educated labor.

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590212605.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590267379.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590335891.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590392749.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590457456.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590516675.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590586733.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590632243.jpg

http://english.sepa.gov.cn/down_load/image_files/200801/W020080103325590709509.jpg

convinced?

and hey, 1bad, these data are Chinese. You know, that people and country that don't care about climate change and are now polluting your air? Yeah those guys.:rolleyes:

It's happening. We have and are contributing to it happening. We are over the tipping point however and can now do nothing since the Industrial revolution has been in full swing for some time now.

So, what can we do to stem our bad behaviours. Well how about we don't make big stupid trucks that lard asses use to drive one block to get a bag of cheetos? How about that?

how about if we collectively take a look at our eating habits and how those are supported by huge, wasteful factory farms.

How about we take a look at combustion engines and why the heck are we still using them despite the fact that electric vehicles have been pretty much good to go for 100 years?

There are many connected and interlaced problems that contribute to the whole. I used to not give it much buy in either, but with the tale of the satellite tape, from multiple sources as has been offered in the last year or two, yeah, I'm taking steps and so can any of you.

The ice melting may have to do something with the natural cycles of the sun, including sun spot activity, and less to do with BJJ-Blue driving a four wheel drive.

Having said that, no one is saying that pollution and waste are a good thing, but that it is not causing the "Global Warming" that we are told it is causing, and for which we are made to pay higher taxes/fines, as well as being made to loose certain rights of privacy!

That was as simple statement, so please try and understand it!

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 04:09 PM

Perhaps a few decades ago, it would have been better for the government to have subsidized US companies, in order to have helped them to be more competitive, but this was not done because it would have gone against the Globalists' (NWO proponents') agenda.

So, we got a lot of "free market" this, and "competetiveness" and none "socialistic", that, rhetoric. When the desired result was achieved, the US government turns around and takes over many big businesses. LOL!

KC Elbows
02-03-2011, 04:14 PM
SUV's are not a symbol of freedom, they're a car that uses more of a limited resource that other cars for no good reason. They're wasteful and unnecessary in a world of high populations and limited resources. Wasteful use of resources puts us, not just you, in a condition where we're dependent on foreign suppliers who have far more of those nonrenewable resources than we do.

Unless you want your children to be owned by China AND the middle east, ****ing away oil is a bad idea, you may hold economics is not a zero sum game, but resources by definition are, see conservation of matter.

Again, you aren't allowed to have a nuke, that's not tyranny, that's wise, as you're a total birther wingnut; and neither am I, which is okay, even though I'm not a total birther wingnut, but, being a reasonable human, and having read the founding documents and the books that shaped them, I am aware that implicit in them is an understanding that members of a society choose to give up certain rights whose practice would be detrimental to society, so that I cannot form a posse to seek justice, etc.

Lucas
02-03-2011, 04:29 PM
dude that ****es me off. i was just in the process of forming a posse to meet out justice...

KC Elbows
02-03-2011, 04:53 PM
dude that ****es me off. i was just in the process of forming a posse to meet out justice...

We've outsourced posse forming to an Indian company, they would be more than happy to mete out a most excellent justice, but first, to verify, what is your address and the last four digits of your social security number?

Lucas
02-03-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm in 'the book' under 'Warlocks', last four of my social is: 0666

Syn7
02-03-2011, 05:33 PM
convinced?

hey, its every americans god given right to be a complete waste of skin!!! canadians are no exeption...

Syn7
02-03-2011, 05:40 PM

So the environmentalists are shooting themselves in the foot for calling for more and more regulation over here because the 'evil polluters' just move offshore where there is ZERO regulation. And they are too stupid to see it.

oh ok i get it... so if i can get away with something somewhere, whats the point in following, or even having, the rules where we live...

lets see how many rediculous scenarios we can come up with blue... i could get away with murder if i was patient enough, smart enough... so fukc it, lets just do away with that rule... coz i can always walk up on ya somewhere where i will get away with it... saves time, time i could use to improve our economy... stupid, right???

and hey, if you want more work in the states then only buy american products... start a movement...

Syn7
02-03-2011, 05:49 PM
SUV's are not a symbol of freedom, they're a car that uses more of a limited resource that other cars for no good reason. They're wasteful and unnecessary in a world of high populations and limited resources. Wasteful use of resources puts us, not just you, in a condition where we're dependent on foreign suppliers who have far more of those nonrenewable resources than we do.

Unless you want your children to be owned by China AND the middle east, ****ing away oil is a bad idea, you may hold economics is not a zero sum game, but resources by definition are, see conservation of matter.

Again, you aren't allowed to have a nuke, that's not tyranny, that's wise, as you're a total birther wingnut; and neither am I, which is okay, even though I'm not a total birther wingnut, but, being a reasonable human, and having read the founding documents and the books that shaped them, I am aware that implicit in them is an understanding that members of a society choose to give up certain rights whose practice would be detrimental to society, so that I cannot form a posse to seek justice, etc.

yeah... what he said...

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
hey, its every americans god given right to be a complete waste of skin!!! canadians are no exeption...
I don't think that David Jamieson is a complete waste of skin. I mean, he keeps intelligent members of this forum entertained with laughter. Besides, Canada is a vast country and is under-populated, so I guess there is no harm in keeping him around. :D

Syn7
02-03-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm in 'the book' under 'Warlocks', last four of my social is: 0666

you could always hire blackwater, if you have the money... quick n easy... buy urself a senator or three... s'all good...

Syn7
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't think that David Jamieson is a complete waste of skin. I mean, he keeps intelligent members of this forum entertained with laughter. Besides, Canada is a vast country and is under-populated, so I guess there is no harm in keeping him around. :D

i wasnt talking about DJ...

Hardwork108
02-03-2011, 08:33 PM
i wasnt talking about DJ...

I know, but what I said, still stands. :D

BJJ-Blue
02-04-2011, 12:37 AM
oh ok i get it... so if i can get away with something somewhere, whats the point in following, or even having, the rules where we live...

No, you actually missed my point.

Let me try it another way (and yes, this is VERY simplified). Say we have 25 environmental laws on our books, and China has just 1. Now businesses can still operate here under the 25 laws and still turn a profit. But when you add more and more laws, lets say 20 more, you now have 45 laws, while China now has 4. And now many companies cannot manufacture here at a profit and thus move operations to China in order to survive. Now their factories only have to operate under 4 laws. But if the liberals hadn't added the extra laws that chased the facotries away they would still be operating under 25 laws. And 25 laws are more stringent than 4. Get it, or was this a bad/too generic example?

and hey, if you want more work in the states then only buy american products... start a movement...

I already do that. I'll even pay a little more to buy American.

sanjuro_ronin
02-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Lets keep this simple shall we?
With close to 7 billion people on this planet and millions of cars and factories and so forth, does ANYONE think that the environment is NOT effected by Us?

MasterKiller
02-04-2011, 07:27 AM

Let me try it another way (and yes, this is VERY simplified). Say we have 25 environmental laws on our books, and China has just 1. Now businesses can still operate here under the 25 laws and still turn a profit. But when you add more and more laws, lets say 20 more, you now have 45 laws, while China now has 4. And now many companies cannot manufacture here at a profit and thus move operations to China in order to survive. Now their factories only have to operate under 4 laws. But if the liberals hadn't added the extra laws that chased the facotries away they would still be operating under 25 laws. And 25 laws are more stringent than 4. Get it, or was this a bad/too generic example?

As China develops, it is passing it's own environmental regulations because the people want a better quailty of life.

Efforts to control China's pollution problem have become a top priority of the Chinese leadership. In March 1998, the State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA) was officially upgraded to a ministry-level agency, reflecting the growing importance the PRC government places on environmental protection. Beginning in 2006, the government greatly expanded expenses into environmental protection, and a series of new laws have been passed. Enforcement of these laws is also being expanded. The PRC has strengthened its environmental legislation and made some progress in stemming environmental deterioration. During the 11th 5-Year Plan (2006–2010), the PRC plans to reduce total emissions by 15% and bring China's energy efficiency up by 30%. Beijing in particular invested heavily in pollution control as part of its campaign to host a successful Olympiad in 2008. Some cities have seen improvement in air quality in recent years. In the first half of 2007, China's total energy consumption per unit of output improved by 2.8% and China's sulfur dioxide emissions fell by 0.6%, showing that these new measures have the potential to slow down pollution growth. [2] Since 2002, the number of complaints to the environmental authorities has increased by 30% every year, reaching 600,000 in 2004; while the number of mass protests caused by environmental issues has grown by 29% every year.[3] [4] The Financial Times said a World Bank report, entitled Cost of Pollution in China, (prepared with the cooperation of the State Environmental Protection Agency)[5] found up to 760,000 people die prematurely each year in China because of air and water pollution. High levels of air pollution in China's cities leads to 350,000-400,000 premature deaths, it said. Another 300,000 die because of indoor air of poor quality. The newspaper article, quoting World Bank advisers and Chinese officials, also said that the report omitted research showing that there are 60,000 premature deaths each year because of water of poor quality.[6]

GeneChing
02-04-2011, 10:45 AM
T-shirt weather. In early February. :cool:

Hardwork108
02-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Lets keep this simple shall we?
With close to 7 billion people on this planet and millions of cars and factories and so forth, does ANYONE think that the environment is NOT effected by Us?

Of course the envirnonment is effected by us and we need to look after the environment using common sense and responsible behavior, so as to not damage it and hence affect our own quality, as well as that of other living creatures. That is the truth of the matter.

However, the con-men of the "Man Made Global Warming" agenda are mixing a lot of lies with the above truth, in order to build a following so that they, or more accurately, their masters, can create more taxes and control mechanisms to control the human race and push them towards accepting their New World Order (one world government) agenda.

That was what the Copenhagen meeting was all about, where they wanted international commissions that had jurisdiction over national boundaries (read, one more step towards a world government), to implement the laws that were to save us from total "doom".

Fortunately, on this occasion the "Man Made Global Warming con-men did not suceed and fell on their own fat faces. However, they will keep trying. So prepare yourself for more TV images of melting icebergs, and sun stroked penguins....LOL

Hardwork108
02-04-2011, 10:52 AM

Now the proponents, sorry con-men, of "Man Made Global Warming" theory are going to blame Climate Change and not say that this is simply a stroke of unusal weather. LOL

GeneChing
02-04-2011, 10:55 AM
...but now that you mention it, it is suspicious.

I was actually trying not to be smug about having gorgeous weather while everyone else isn't. Schadenfreude?

Lucas
02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
What ever Mr. Humble. I'll be plenty smug for the both of us. WEST COAST WEATHER FOR THE WIN. Eat my T-Shirts, snow suckers.

GeneChing
02-04-2011, 11:40 AM
...if this warming trend continues, it'll be the right weather for frolicking nekkid.

I love California.

http://uphilldowntown.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/katy-perry-california-girls-2.jpg

sanjuro_ronin
02-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Of course the envirnonment is effected by us and we need to look after the environment using common sense and responsible behavior, so as to not damage it and hence affect our own quality, as well as that of other living creatures. That is the truth of the matter.

No need to go further.
I don't give a rat's ass in a hurricane about climate change, global warming or the yearly amount of Yak manure in the Andes, I don't give a flying **** about what MAY be or COULD be or is POSSIBLE, I care about what we are doing NOW and how to fix it, NOW.

The problem is that, whether we care to admit it or not, without the "global warming" scare NO ONE would have done anything, probably.

While I detest "ends justifies the means" approaches it seems that this time they worked, for a bit anyways.

MasterKiller
02-04-2011, 12:23 PM
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l326/shanetsmith/hrzi2q.gif

sanjuro_ronin
02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Climate change indeed !!!

Syn7
02-04-2011, 03:03 PM

right... so rather than do the moral thing, rather than doing whats best for your country and the planet in general, unharnessed capitalism does everything it can to produce the maximum profit regardless of the consequences... they will ruin whole towns just to increase profits... some would call that treasonous... me, i just call it selfish, immoral and down right f@ggotry... but hey, thats just me...

@PLUGO
02-04-2011, 03:15 PM

um, dropped this (http://www.martialartsmart.com/95-2011erw.html).

Hardwork108
02-04-2011, 05:06 PM
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l326/shanetsmith/hrzi2q.gif

Are those girls, twins?

Hey, wait a minute, you can't post such videos, you are moderator! :eek::D

Hardwork108
02-04-2011, 05:12 PM
No need to go further.
I don't give a rat's ass in a hurricane about climate change, global warming or the yearly amount of Yak manure in the Andes, I don't give a flying **** about what MAY be or COULD be or is POSSIBLE, I care about what we are doing NOW and how to fix it, NOW.

The problem is that, whether we care to admit it or not, without the "global warming" scare NO ONE would have done anything, probably.

While I detest "ends justifies the means" approaches it seems that this time they worked, for a bit anyways.

I see your point. However, it is my opinion that whatever the early benefits we might get from this elaborate international scam, the real intention of this scam has little to do with saving the planet and a lot to do with increasing taxation/control and leading to an eventual one world dictatorial government.

That is worrying and I believe that more of us have to see the real intention behind all of these international "problems" that need international "solutions" that are being presented to us all of the time. International "solutions" are then said to need international bodies to implement, and this is how we are being tip toed towards a world government....

BJJ-Blue
02-04-2011, 08:12 PM
right... so rather than do the moral thing, rather than doing whats best for your country and the planet in general, unharnessed capitalism does everything it can to produce the maximum profit regardless of the consequences... they will ruin whole towns just to increase profits... some would call that treasonous... me, i just call it selfish, immoral and down right f@ggotry... but hey, thats just me...

You changed my words. I never said anything about "maximum profit", I said "cannot manufacture here at a profit". Huge difference.

Another example:

"Aug. 4, 2010

General Motors will invest $500 million to produce a new vehicle and eight-cylinder engines in a plant in northeastern Mexico, a company spokesman said on August 4."

So if Obama's own company won't even open up plants here in the US, that should tell you something.

Source: (full article) http://industryweek.com/articles/gm_to_build_new_vehicle__at_plant_in_mexico_22462. aspx

Syn7
02-04-2011, 09:04 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Amazing-video-of-ice-falling-off-Super-Bowl-stad?urn=nfl-317119

Hardwork108
02-05-2011, 12:24 AM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Amazing-video-of-ice-falling-off-Super-Bowl-stad?urn=nfl-317119

I hope they don't make this out to be a result of "Man-made Global Warming", or even worst, an Al Quaeda terrorist acitivity - Yes, I can see it now on CNN, "a highly trained Al Quaeda terrorist climbed up to the roof of the stadium and broke a large quantity of wind that brought down the snow. This is political and environmental terrorism combined. Experts say, that we need to pay more taxes and we need to be X-rayed for excess gases every time we go to a sports stadium".

Don't shake your head, there are idiots out there that will believe the official version of any story.:D

BJJ-Blue
02-05-2011, 08:07 AM
I hope they don't make this out to be a result of "Man-made Global Warming", or even worst, an Al Quaeda terrorist acitivity..

You forgot one more person they can blame as well, the evil capitalist Jerry Jones. ;)

Hardwork108
02-05-2011, 11:17 AM
You forgot one more person they can blame as well, the evil capitalist Jerry Jones. ;)

Of course they can. Imagine how much extra body heat Jerry Jones's football team, the Dallas Cowboys create every time they play a match, thus contributing to global warming, while not giving a crrap about all the poor heat stroked penguins in the North Pole and their constant suffering from the rising earth temperatures.

So, the solution will be to tax everyone who participates in sports activity in relation to how much body heat they produce. This idea may sound ridiculous, but there are brain cell damaged individual out there that have already bought the story of cows breaking wind affecting our temperatures.....LOL!

So, the more people believe and accept this cr@p, then the further the powers that be will squeeze us, as regards financial tax burdens, as well as our freedoms, and believe me, if these elements could convince enough people, they would go on to place a microchip in people's rectums to measure and tax accordingly every time anyone broke wind!!!

MasterKiller
02-05-2011, 01:06 PM
LOL at the forum's new dynamic duo...

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6200000/Dumb-and-Dumber-dumb-and-dumber-6243012-853-461.jpg

Hardwork108
02-05-2011, 01:32 PM
LOL at the forum's new dynamic duo...

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6200000/Dumb-and-Dumber-dumb-and-dumber-6243012-853-461.jpg

Hey MasterKiller, I always took you to be older, or is this a old photo? :D

Syn7
02-05-2011, 02:49 PM
must you always quote pics???

Hardwork108
02-05-2011, 04:37 PM
must you always quote pics???

Blame the person who posted it. I was only trying to be concise in my reply.:D

Hardwork108
02-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Here is more proof of "Man Made Global Warming", or rather that it is a total and utter SCAM!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353073/Winter-storm-Map-shows-Northern-Hemisphere-covered-snow-ice.html

Syn7
02-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Here is more proof of "Man Made Global Warming", or rather that it is a total and utter SCAM!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353073/Winter-storm-Map-shows-Northern-Hemisphere-covered-snow-ice.html

well, if thats what you would call conclusive evidence, proof, then we really have nothing to talk about...

the net is such a double edged sword... info isnt good or evil... for every kid that really learns something, another 5 are bullsh1tting with "proof" of their ever so incomplete and misguided ideals...

the godz must be crazy throwing us this coke bottle...

what ever happened to independant peer reviewed papers as scientific evidence over a newspaper clip...

Hardwork108
02-05-2011, 08:43 PM
well, if thats what you would call conclusive evidence, proof, then we really have nothing to talk about...

the net is such a double edged sword... info isnt good or evil... for every kid that really learns something, another 5 are bullsh1tting with "proof" of their ever so incomplete and misguided ideals...

the godz must be crazy throwing us this coke bottle...

what ever happened to independant peer reviewed papers as scientific evidence over a newspaper clip...

I believe that there are scientific evidence that were referred to in this very thread. Outside of the scientific evidence, there is logic. If the earth is heating up, then why the cold winters?

Why is there so much inconsistency coming from the the Global Warming scam artists. That is, a mild winter is seen as proof of global warming, while a freezing winter with temperatures very much below average is seen as another aspect of global warming.

There are scientists out there who have called the BS, but they never get the platform that the agreeing scientists and the corrupt politicians do!

Here, have a look at another angle, a short and revealing interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHW7KR33IQ&feature=related

And here, Lord Christopher Monckton former policy advisor to Margaret Thatcher on the eve of the Copenhagen treaty that fell apart thanks to some leaks and people waking up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quLVgNVEmrs&feature=relmfu

See the full version here if you wish, and I recommend it because it is fascinating, specially if you really want to go to the bottom of this scam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zOXmJ4jd-8&feature=relmfu

Syn7
02-05-2011, 10:03 PM
oh well that just proves everything...

Hardwork108
02-05-2011, 10:10 PM
oh well that just proves everything...

Watch the other videos and make up your own mind!

Syn7
02-05-2011, 10:45 PM
i would rather you just posted real evidence to make your arguments... not youtube clips... show me the money...

Hardwork108
02-06-2011, 08:30 AM
i would rather you just posted real evidence to make your arguments... not youtube clips... show me the money...

Youtube, does not make clips!:rolleyes:

The clips are make by researchers or they are taken from presentations and conferences, etc. You probably did not even watch the videos. Well, if that is the case, then I can't do much for you.....

Christ, this is like conversing with a 3 year old with his head stuck in the sand of fear and terror.

The facts are presented to you and they scare you, or at least your understanding of reality cannot handle it. So, you go into denial. The fact of the matter is that people like you don't wake up, then we are in for a difficult and uncertain future.

Syn7
02-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Youtube, does not make clips!:rolleyes:

The clips are make by researchers or they are taken from presentations and conferences, etc. You probably did not even watch the videos. Well, if that is the case, then I can't do much for you.....

Christ, this is like conversing with a 3 year old with his head stuck in the sand of fear and terror.

The facts are presented to you and they scare you, or at least your understanding of reality cannot handle it. So, you go into denial. The fact of the matter is that people like you don't wake up, then we are in for a difficult and uncertain future.

ok this is the last time im gonna say this...

just because somebody says its a fact doesnt make it a fact... these are clips of people saying something is so... that doesnt make it so... look, we both know mixing red and blue makes green... we can get ten million smart people to say thats the case, but none of it is proof until somebody actually follows the scientific method and proves their hypothisis... why is that so hard for you to understand...

if stephen hawking says gravity exists, that doesnt make it true... when he shows the math, and all the data, thats what makes it a fact...

these vids show nothing, they just talk about a few unsubstantiated results and findings and alot of opinion... not once do they show anyones work in anything...

they did teach the scientific method in your school did they not???

ok and for the very last time: I NEVER SAID GLOBAL WARMING WAS TRUE OR NOT TRUE... so stop talking to me with the nation that i have chosen a side... its absolutely retarded to make an assumption like that...

ofcourse i checked out the vids, i wouldnt comment on them if i hadnt... another assumption, clever...

you havent posted any real data or findings... nothing... not once... and you say im acting like a 3 year old... please...

im sure a few cats would jump in to support here, but youre so fukcing obtuse that most people wont even speak to you anymore... or around you... not because you make such great points, but because you consistantly post opinion as fact and dont seem to get the difference... you say things are obvious, its just logic... as if you didnt understand perception and the connections one can make when they want to...

now i said straight up from my first post that i didnt go one way or another on this one, why is that so hard for you to understand...

and unless your answer is data and peer reviewed, bont bother quoting and responding line by line... i know its hard for you to not answer, you NEED to have your say... you cant help it... i bet you cant walk away from this one... well maybe you can now since ive made the challenge, but not otherwise and i know it's really hard for you to not answer...

Hardwork108
02-06-2011, 10:51 AM
ok this is the last time im gonna say this...

just because somebody says its a fact doesnt make it a fact... these are clips of people saying something is so... that doesnt make it so... look, we both know mixing red and blue makes green... we can get ten million smart people to say thats the case, but none of it is proof until somebody actually follows the scientific method and proves their hypothisis... why is that so hard for you to understand...
I guess that is where you and I are different. For me the fact that mixing yellow and green, makes the color blue makes it a FACT. I don't need a mathematician in a suit to come over and "prove" it to me.

if stephen hawking says gravity exists, that doesnt make it true... when he shows the math, and all the data, thats what makes it a fact...

Again, you don't need the maths to know that gravity exists. Perhaps you need me, HW108 to throw an apple in the air in your direction, and when it hits you on your head you will be enlightened...LOL

these vids show nothing, they just talk about a few unsubstantiated results and findings and alot of opinion... not once do they show anyones work in anything...
Some of the videos posted did show some relevant maths. You obviously missed it.

Christ, that is all this forum needed, a mathematician.....LOL

But then who knows, if the variety of posters diversifies enough, we might even be lucky enough come across a few more people who actually practice authentic kung fu....:D

they did teach the scientific method in your school did they not???

Yes they did, but science without intuition and the ability to think for yourself is nothing. Look at medical profession and you will see a lot of doctors who are not healers. They do things according to books that they have read, which tell them what to prescribe - drugs that sometimes do more harm than good. Just an example.

ok and for the very last time: I NEVER SAID GLOBAL WARMING WAS TRUE OR NOT TRUE... so stop talking to me with the nation that i have chosen a side... its absolutely retarded to make an assumption like that...

I guess we will need to leave you to decide.....

ofcourse i checked out the vids, i wouldnt comment on them if i hadnt... another assumption, clever...

Well, you checked enough to miss the maths that was presented....

you havent posted any real data or findings... nothing... not once... and you say im acting like a 3 year old... please...

Watch Lord Mockton's full video, then talk...

im sure a few cats would jump in to support here, but youre so fukcing obtuse that most people wont even speak to you anymore... or around you... not because you make such great points, but because you consistantly post opinion as fact and dont seem to get the difference... you say things are obvious, its just logic... as if you didnt understand perception and the connections one can make when they want to...

Listen "most" people who post here (not just the usual knuckleheads), do not want to get involved in arguments with the politically clueless, and do not care to be insulted by the military, or ex-military, "Mister President knows best", types.

These same people who are willing to take the word of dishonest and psychopathic politicians who lead them into wars and crisis, time after time, when told of the conspiracy behind all of this inhuman mayhem, they turn around and require "proof" or even "mathematic" ones, at that...:rolleyes:

now i said straight up from my first post that i didnt go one way or another on this one, why is that so hard for you to understand...

Then why do you persist. Just let it go and stay stuck in your safe and cosey intellectual limbo!

and unless your answer is data and peer reviewed, bont bother quoting and responding line by line... i know its hard for you to not answer, you NEED to have your say... you cant help it... i bet you cant walk away from this one... well maybe you can now since ive made the challenge, but not otherwise and i know it's really hard for you to not answer...

This is a forum, we are all here to have our say, just like you who are having yours!

By the way, the scientific community is as corrupt as the political one, because they share the same masters. Don't believe me? Check how many people die a year from "scientifically approved" medicines. Check out the scientifically approved crap that goes into our foods, including, Flueoride, Aspartame, MSG, together with other food additives, colorings and artificial preservatives.

You can't just rely on science because it has been corrupted. So, we are back to using our intuitions about what is happening to us.

Nice talking to you. I hope that all is well in Never Never Land.....

Syn7
02-06-2011, 11:38 AM
so now your intuition is your evidence... real smooth... no wonder nobody takes you seriously...

i know lots of people who believe what you believe and alot of them are idiots... a small few are actually intelligent people who can show me their evidence... those are the people im willing to give real time to... not to people who point and say "its obvious to me why not to you" as if thats enough...

I guess that is where you and I are different. For me the fact that mixing yellow and green, makes the color blue makes it a FACT. I don't need a mathematician in a suit to come over and "prove" it to me.

are you purposely being obtuse or do you really not get this??? i never said anything about a man in a suit showing math, stop projecting and just read the words for what they are... until somebody actually mixes blue and red infront of your face, you dont know its true... just being told its so isnt proof... mixing paint is proof... and you havent even come close to presenting the equivalent for the topic at hand...

Then why do you persist. Just let it go and stay stuck in your safe and cosey intellectual limbo!

persist in what exactly? asking for you to lay out the evidence in your post???

again, massive asumptions... the fact that you feel you can pigeon hole me and my beliefs from a few posts is noithing short of rediculous... yeah you know me... you'll notice i havent done that to you, ive only commented on what youve written and the fact that it isnt evidence... never once have i presumed to tell you what you believe... but hey, i guess thats the diff between you and me...

Hardwork108
02-06-2011, 11:55 AM
so now your intuition is your evidence... real smooth... no wonder nobody takes you seriously...

"Nobody takes me seriously"? Oh really? Do you have any scientific evidence for that statement?

i know lots of people who believe what you believe and alot of them are idiots... a small few are actually intelligent people who can show me their evidence... those are the people im willing to give real time to... not to people who point and say "its obvious to me why not to you" as if thats enough...

Well, if these people have the evidence to satisfy you, then why do you waste my time asking for evidence that you already have, or have access to?:rolleyes:

are you purposely being obtuse or do you really not get this??? i never said anything about a man in a suit showing math, stop projecting and just read the words for what they are... until somebody actually mixes blue and red infront of your face, you dont know its true... just being told its so isnt proof... mixing paint is proof...

Well, if mixing paint is proof to you, then seeing extreme cold weather when we are all supposed to be in danger of cooking to death, is my proof. Also, the source of all of this Global Warming Scam, are con men and psychopaths, so there you have it. More evidence.

It is a con any way you look at it, but if you feel like it, then do go on splitting hairs while looking evidence from scientists who are not being given the platform to expose this con. Of course, if you had actually watched the videos then you would have known what I was talking about, as man scientists have been quoted there, honest ones, that is.

So yes, it is a complicated world that we live in and no matter how many facts are presented to you, your intuition is always a good friend to have by your side....

Syn7
02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Well, if mixing paint is proof to you, then seeing extreme cold weather when we are all supposed to be in danger of cooking to death, is my proof. Also, the source of all of this Global Warming Scam, are con men and psychopaths, so there you have it. More evidence.

yeah evidence, sure.... but its evidence that fits into many models... because this isnt an issue with only two sides... and its alot more complicated than mixing paint... im sorry, i thought a dumbed down metaphor might get thru to you...

besides, the best scams are based on truth... for some reason we find that acceptable... its called honest biz... but try even selling hotdogs without a permit... scam, yes... acceptable, unfortunately...

following the money isnt enough when your dealing with a science like climate... this isnt a field woodward belongs in... and the fact that these day trippers have these such "well informed opinions" just makes it worse...

Hardwork108
02-06-2011, 01:37 PM
yeah evidence, sure.... but its evidence that fits into many models...

Whose "models" are we talking about? (Sanjuro can feel free to interupt :D). Sometimes, corrupt science comes up with corrupt models, as revealed by Lord Mockton.

because this isnt an issue with only two sides... You can confuse yourself with as many sides as you want, but the truth is the truth. Either we are in danger of cooking to death because of Man Made Global Warming, or we are NOT? That is the issue.

and its alot more complicated than mixing paint... im sorry, i thought a dumbed down metaphor might get thru to you...

Now you know better, so you should raise yourself intellectually to get through to me.:D

besides, the best scams are based on truth... for some reason we find that acceptable... its called honest biz... but try even selling hotdogs without a permit... scam, yes... acceptable, unfortunately...

Yes, I agree that the best scams mix it with the truth, but "selling hotdogs":confused:

Well, as I said, perhaps you should raise your examples intellectually to get through to me.;)

following the money isnt enough when your dealing with a science like climate... this isnt a field woodward belongs in... and the fact that these day trippers have these such "well informed opinions" just makes it worse...

My sources have more than a "well informed opinion", but even a well informed opinion is far above that of what we are being presented by con-man Al Gore and his brown nosed yes gang!

You can jump up and down and look for "evidence" and mathematical formulas, but the fact is that these people are conmen and criminals, and in an honest society they would all be behind bars!!!

BJJ-Blue
02-07-2011, 11:47 AM

I kinda figured all these brutally cold winters around the world was real evidence, but I guess it's not to certain people.

Syn7
02-07-2011, 01:15 PM
I kinda figured all these brutally cold winters around the world was real evidence, but I guess it's not to certain people.

not necessarily... show me a graph of yearly averages on a global scale... try to find one going back atleast 70 years that has peer support and all that comes with that...

throw it up, i'll look at it and adress it...

going on memory alone, it snows less here than it did when i was a kid... when i was lil it snowed every year, and stuck around for a minute... now we get short dumps that stick for a day or so before the warm air comes back and takes it all back... im not saying that its coz of suv's, but its what ive seen none the less...

Hardwork108
02-07-2011, 02:48 PM
not necessarily... show me a graph of yearly averages on a global scale... try to find one going back atleast 70 years that has peer support and all that comes with that...

The videos that you obviously did not see had plenty of graphs going back a LOT more that 70 years. Infact, going back to the Medieval warm period. I guess that people living in that era were very irresponsible with their SUVs, or did they have too many flatulent farm animals....LOL

throw it up, i'll look at it and adress it...

Here they are again :rolleyes::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIRyZevAYPU (see, 5.11)

on memory alone, it snows less here than it did when i was a kid... when i was lil it snowed every year, and stuck around for a minute... now we get short dumps that stick for a day or so before the warm air comes back and takes it all back... im not saying that its coz of suv's, but its what ive seen none the less...

We are still having below average temperatures here in Colombia, while Europe and the US are having it a lot worse......

GeneChing
02-07-2011, 03:00 PM
The spring bloom has already started. We'll be in good shape as long as we can keep this up until summer, which is a totally wacky thing to say in early February. If there's a cold snap, it will mess with our fruit harvests.

I was totally overdressed this weekend and had to shed my jacket for the frolicking.

Syn7
02-07-2011, 03:06 PM
The spring bloom has already started. We'll be in good shape as long as we can keep this up until summer, which is a totally wacky thing to say in early February. If there's a cold snap, it will mess with our fruit harvests.

I was totally overdressed this weekend and had to shed my jacket for the frolicking.

yeah its an awesome day here... t shirt weather... might head to the beach... its been raining all week, so, it would be nice to take advantage of the dry... but we have plenty warm to spare...

Syn7
02-07-2011, 03:12 PM
The videos that you obviously did not see had plenty of graphs going back a LOT more that 70 years. Infact, going back to the Medieval warm period. I guess that people living in that era were very irresponsible with their SUVs, or did they have too many flatulent farm animals....LOL

Here they are again :rolleyes::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIRyZevAYPU (see, 5.11)

We are still having below average temperatures here in Colombia, while Europe and the US are having it a lot worse......

dont show me icke... show me his source... i'll wait... just meet my requirements and we can talk... peer reviewed, from some reasonably reputable scientific journal...

and again, i never said suv's had anything to do with anything, infact i never said the world was getting warmer either... stop projecting, its getting pathetic... act as smart as you seem to think you are, back up your sh1t... and diversify, we cant just look at his sources, we need to look at alot of sources... and yes i saw the links in the credits...

do you understand why he said she said isnt enough for me??? i want their sources, and more... make it happen...

Hardwork108
02-07-2011, 06:49 PM
dont show me icke... show me his source...
If you had really watched his and Lord Mockton's videos then you would have seen references to sources. It is not too late

Also, it is common knowledge that sun spots effect earth temperatures. Or do you need mathematical formulas to prove it to you. :rolleyes:

The medival warm period did happen and the temperatures were higher than now.

It is also a fact that the current SCAM models of the earth "warming" do not go back enough to show this medieval warm period.

i'll wait... just meet my requirements and we can talk...

Your "requirements" are obsolete. The ship regarding Global Warming just being an elaborate scam has saled. You really need to wake up.

peer reviewed, from some reasonably reputable scientific journal...
Unfortunately sometimes, one man's reputable scientific journal is another man's propaganda sheet. We do really live in very corrupt societies.

and again, i never said suv's had anything to do with anything, infact i never said the world was getting warmer either... stop projecting, its getting pathetic... act as smart as you seem to think you are, back up your sh1t... and diversify, we cant just look at his sources, we need to look at alot of sources... and yes i saw the links in the credits...

My "sh!t" has been backed up from the beginning of this discussion, but you have set yourself impossible "standards". I can see a future where people like yourself are incensively looking for proof of a New World Order, while locked up inside a military concentration camp.

do you understand why he said she said isnt enough for me???

Is it because your head is buried too deep in the sand that you don't see the truth when it is staring you in the face?

i want their sources, and more... make it happen...

Yes sir, Captain Picard.....:rolleyes:

Hardwork108
02-07-2011, 06:53 PM

I hope the good weather lasts Gene. Personally speaking, very few things cheer me up as much as the warm sun in the blue sky and colorful hot days and warm musky evenings.:)

Syn7
02-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Twentieth-century climate change in New England and New York, USA

We have analyzed twentieth-century temperature data from 73 climate stations in New England and New York. Linear regression gives a 100-year temperature change (ΔT 100) for each station. All but two stations show an increase over this time, giving a regional area-weighted average ΔT 100 of 1.11°C. Average ΔT 100 values for each state are all positive, ranging from 0.86°C to 1.86°C. Spatial autocorrelation analysis reveals a southeastern New England cluster of stations with relatively large ΔT 100, and a cluster in western New York with low but still positive ΔT 100. Thus, at differing spatial scales, temperature in this region increased during the twentieth century, in most cases by more than the global average increase of some 0.6°C during this same period. Our results contrast markedly with the New England Regional Assessment, and may have implications for other regional assessments undertaken under the auspices of the U.S. Global Change Research Program.

http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2004.../2004GL020574.shtml

David Jamieson
02-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Using youtube as a primary research tool is retarded. period. lol

Hardwork108
02-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Using youtube as a primary research tool is retarded. period. lol

So is believing everything that you hear on the Evening News on your TV. Those with brains, can choose and evaluate the material on You Tube and other internet sources, whereas what you get on your official news programs regarding the important issues, is just regurgitated "repeats" of the official version of what dishonest political leaders decide to put out there, courtesy of lap dog "journalists", who are not interested in real news, nor shaking the boat.

The offical news fantasy, in turn becomes the "reality" for the neuron challenged members of the society, who then go on to scoff and ridicule anything that challenges their "implanted" two dimensional belief systems.

They do so quoting what is daringly called the official "news", together with feeble attempts at justifying their "intellect", by using as a basis their academic degrees, which are presumably the same type of qualifications possessed by the politicians who lie and steal from them every day.........

I hope the above post has been enlightening for you.....

GeneChing
01-28-2016, 11:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ota3lRt4A9k

Brutal cold in China leads to water pipes bursting in Rugao

wolfen
01-14-2018, 10:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ota3lRt4A9k

Brutal cold in China leads to water pipes bursting in Rugao

2017 Brutal Cold Leads to Bursting people

Photo of China’s ‘Ice Boy,’ Frozen on a Walk to School, Goes Viral (http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/01/13/chinas-ice-boy-photo-leads-to-thousands-of-donations-after-frozen-trek-to-school/)

13 Jan 2018
A photo of a young Chinese boy has gone viral in the country, as he arrived in school with a frozen face and hair after walking through the frigid rural cold, The South China Morning Post reports.

The photos surfaced nearly a month after a report revealed that the Chinese government has significantly limited access to fuel sources in rural communities in an attempt to better conform to environmental standards.

The boy, named Wang Fuman, was photographed arriving at his a primary school in southwest Yunnan province with his hair covered in frost and bright red cheeks as a result of the sub-zero temperatures after walking around 4.5km (2.8 miles) to get there.
Chinese media claim that the photo has prompted thousands of donations to the boy’s school. Eighty-one pupils have reportedly received around 50,000 yuan ($77) in subsidies. A local engineering firm also donated 144 items of warm clothing and offered the boy’s father a new job.

“I’m so happy because many people are helping me and have given me many gifts,” the boy was quoted as saying, adding that he wanted to save some of his pocket money for when his parents fall ill.
Freezing temperatures and a lack of basic heating has become a major issue for peasant communities across China’s major cities, compounded by the regime’s recent clean air initiatives to tackle pollution.

Reports in December quoted social media posts from rural communities where residents protested that they had to sacrifice to adhere to the environmental whims of the Communist Party. “We are frozen to death. Please help us,” one such post read, according to the BBC.

That month, the communist government was forced to reverse a ban on coal to help ease the pressure of sub-zero temperatures, while many people are paying double the price for natural gas to heat their homes.

Like many parts of the world, China is currently experiencing a vicious cold snap from which ten people have died, while 567,000 people have been affected.

More Photos and story on the SCMP South China Morning Post

Donations pour in after ‘Ice Boy’ frozen trek to school moves China (http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2127930/donations-pour-after-ice-boy-frozen-trek-school-moves-china)

Primary school in rural Yunnan province gifted US$15,000 after child’s chilly commute touches hearts across the country

The boy’s father has also been offered a job in his hometown so he will no longer have to leave his family and work away from home.

The first batch of 100,000 yuan (US$15,370) was handed over by the local authorities to Zhuangshanbao primary school in a rural area of Zhaotong in Yunnan province, state broadcaster CCTV reported.

The photograph widely shared on social media in China showed Wang Fuman as he arrived at school after walking about 4.5km (2.8 miles) from home.

Poor Chinese boy’s freezing trek to school touches hearts in China

His hair and eyebrows were covered in frost and his cheeks red with cold after he walked in freezing temperatures in thin clothing.

The picture moved internet users in China, depicting the hardships the boy from a poor family endures to get to school. [Wang pictured with some of the donated warm clothing.

Wang is a “left-behind child”, a term used to describe youngsters from poor families whose parents work in cities away from home. The amount of care and support given to left-behind children by the authorities has regularly sparked debate on social media in China in recent years.

State television said that on top of the first donation to the school, 81 pupils were each given 500 yuan in subsidies. [Two of the other children to receive donations.

Interesting. Public Donations to a cause, Government catering to(or making use of) to popular news stories. I think these are new things developed since the internet started.