PDA

View Full Version : Who uses Feng Shui to fight?

honorisc
08-02-2001, 05:16 PM
Who applies actual Feng Shui animal principles to fighting/sparring/forms?

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

Ish
08-02-2001, 05:35 PM
is it even possible

JerryLove
08-03-2001, 12:54 AM
Sure, I kick the table into my opponent's shin then say "see, this arrangment much worse for you".

honorisc
08-03-2001, 02:07 AM
Turtle--make sure that you can't get attacked from behind (stability); lower defenses ready to act or move~

Phoenix--Awareness; also the adrenaline to be strong and the creativity/receptiveness to handle appropriately whatever might happnen; upperness prepared for action

Dragon--your secondary attacks or defenses; and judging when to sacrifice an apparant opportunity for not getting suckered into their ploy

Tiger--Rage for Power; your stroger side, anxious to move/act, be patient for the right moment

Snake--evaluating and re-evaluating the situation; even deciding if you should fight but ready to make sure you are O.K. however you handle the situation~

joedoe
08-04-2001, 11:02 AM
I try to place my body where it will not get hit, hence improving the flow of qi in my body and harmonising all its functions :)

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
What we do in life echoes in Eternity

honorisc
08-04-2001, 05:38 PM
Smart Feng Shui

omegapoint
08-05-2001, 04:51 AM
You're either really young, ignorant, a sporty-stylist guy, or all of the above. I think you need the modern surgical procedure of Craniorectalectomy, FizUCK the Feng Shui!

http://www.contrabandent.com/pez/contrib/ruinkai/blackscary.gif

joedoe
08-05-2001, 05:24 AM
You left out one option - he may just be having a bit of a laugh. :D

Lost_Disciple
08-05-2001, 06:24 AM
Might just be drawing an interesting parallel...
ie. how feng shui, which is a deep tradition and philosophy in asia, is being boiled down to a a neat way to arrange your furniture in the west- implying that possibly kung fu might be undergoing the same thing.

omega you seem to get pi$ off a lot when you post, huh? :D

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

joedoe
08-05-2001, 06:51 AM
Seriously now - the principles of feng shui and many internal styles are not that different. It is all about the flow of energy.

I've heard of acupuncture being described as feng shui for the body. :D

origenx
08-24-2001, 08:45 PM
Feng shui does employ use of the bagua, just like bagua chuan...

However, I could use some real feng shui advice on home feng shui from a real feng shui practitioner here - anyone?

dunbarj01
08-27-2001, 02:39 AM
My understanding was that Feng Shui and Pa Kua had the I ching as a common source.

TaoBoxer
09-02-2001, 07:41 PM
Ok...here it goes

There are 2 main schools of Feng Shui. Black Hat uses the Ba Gua arrangment to determine the proper lay out, positioning, etc, of a home. Most other schools use the 5 Elements (Wu Hsing).

While Feng Shui doesn't LITERALLY translate into fighting, one of the other members stated a fact: The principles of Feng Shui are identical to that of Internal Kung Fu. Especially in terms of the 5 Elements and Hsing I. Skills like Dim Mak, or Dien Xue rely on this kind of knowledge as well. It is essential to high level point striking to have a very good knowledge of the 5 Elements. It also bears mentioning that many of the treatment modalities in traditional Chinee medicine rely heavily on the Wu Hsing.

honorisc
09-06-2001, 01:50 AM
The five elements in Feng Shui have direction, related to their energy. I wonder if the techniques that are of those principles (elements) have their energies move in the same direction as the matching element in Feng Shui.