PDA

View Full Version : What is the average amount of time you spend in the dojo/gym/studio?

A BIONIC LEG
02-14-2011, 05:27 AM
I'm currently practicing Teoul Moon Kung Fu and I spend about an hour and a half 5 days a week in practice. My practice consists of streches, kicks, punching set, stances, then forms (weapons and open hand) unfortunatly I'm away from my school of origin so I am currently practicing alone.

I'm 2 belts/slashes away from my black, and I was wandering how other students spend their time in practice?

B-Rad
02-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Right now I spend about 1-2 hours 3 days a week practicing with my club in the evening (depending on when I finish my art class). And I spend about 45 minutes to an hour practicing on the off days. Actually going to rework my workout routine to make it more efficient and focus on strength training.

I don't really count much stretching as part of my workout time since I can do that while watching tv, doing homework, etc. at various times throughout the day separate from my structured designated workout time (along with some other small exercises).

Iron_Eagle_76
02-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Strength Training: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
M-Back, Legs, & Abs
W-Chest & Abs
F-Bi, Tris, Abs
Lifting takes about 1 hour and usually do a 2 mile jog on the tread mill afterwards.

Kung Fu: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
I teach class and do basics, stance training, forms, and sparring with my students as much as I can when I am not teaching and correcting. Class is 6-8pm. My workout before that consists of this:

2-3 minute rounds on the double end ball
3-3 minute rounds on the thai bag
2-3 minute rounds boxing (all hands)
1-3 minute round thai bag (kicks alone)
1-3 minute round throwing dummy (shuai jiao throws, takedowns, ect.)

Also will get in some mitt work and Thai mitt work if I have someone to hold for me. Saturday is my open gym day at the school so I usually get a great workout in on that day.

Shaolin
02-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Mon
8am - sprinting
1pm - stability ball/core exercises
6pm - MMA
8pm - sparring

Tues
10am - BJJ
2pm - weight training
6pm - wrestling
8pm - sparring

Wed
10am - power lifting
6pm - MMA
8pm - sparring

Thurs
8am - speed, agility, quickness drills, sprinting
1pm - stability ball/core exercises
6pm - wrestling
8pm - sparring

Fri
10am - BJJ

Sat
10am - Tai Chi
12pm - sparring

This is a typical week for me. I also have the time and finances to be able to train as much as I like. I still teach classic Shaolin but only about 3-4 hours per week.

David Jamieson
02-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Including cleaning it or using the treadmill? :p