PDA

View Full Version : OK, I Call Shenanigans...!!!!

Syn7
02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/After-hockey-fan-s-50-000-goal-charities-almos?urn=nhl-320928

fukcing insurance companies... any reason to not pay... ANY REASON...

so the owners of the rink say they made a donation anyways but wont say how much... they probably only donated like 5 grand and got all that presss as great and wonderful people... it was just cheap PR damage control... nothing more and nothing righteous about it...

David Jamieson
02-15-2011, 07:55 AM
If we knew the extent of the theft and fraud that is carried out in the name of charity I'm pretty sure, people would stop donating almost right away unless they could get direct knowledge of where that money went.

I have had experience with fund raisers for charities that raised my hackles and turned me against institutionalized poverty very strongly.

Again, the problem is self serving interest and greed. Plain and simple. If people can't get off the greed train, the entire house of cards will inevitably fall on everyone.

Syn7
02-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Again, the problem is self serving interest and greed. Plain and simple. If people can't get off the greed train, the entire house of cards will inevitably fall on everyone.

unfortunately if that collapse happens the only people who will be well equipped to deal with it would be people of means... can you afford to stockpile food, sundries, weapons etc etc???? i dont...

David Jamieson
02-15-2011, 11:37 AM
unfortunately if that collapse happens the only people who will be well equipped to deal with it would be people of means... can you afford to stockpile food, sundries, weapons etc etc???? i dont...

I already have! lol
I just rotate out the water every year.
The rest is good for longer.

I have an entire survival gear pack that can be grabbed and toted.
I've always had one since I was young because my Grandfather was from a time when bugging out was a day to day reality. lol

Anyway, don't come round my house when the armageddon goes down, cause i'll be all army of darkness and what not at that point... :p

Syn7
02-15-2011, 11:40 AM
I already have! lol
I just rotate out the water every year.
The rest is good for longer.

I have an entire survival gear pack that can be grabbed and toted.
I've always had one since I was young because my Grandfather was from a time when bugging out was a day to day reality. lol

Anyway, don't come round my house when the armageddon goes down, cause i'll be all army of darkness and what not at that point... :p

no no... when i say stockpile, i mean STOCKPILE... not a backpack and a duffle full of weapons and ammo... lots of people have that... but i mean really being ready... like underground complex ready...

i would prefer to have a few fully automatic weapons in my bag, semi is the best i got... i have no grenades, i have no mortars, i have no claymores, no rpg's... if it really comes down to it, a few long guns and handguns just dont cut it... better than nothing tho...