PDA

View Full Version : Ralek's claim to fame

ShaolinTiger00
07-25-2001, 02:56 PM
Ralek -" So going in a full contact fight with a national level san shou fighter is a coward? I guess that means Marvin Perry is a coward since he fought the same guy i did."

Josh, We both know you love saying things like this to make the traditional guys flip out. but 2 things..

1. We didn't fight. We sparred.
2. I wasn't going full contact. Were you?

A strong man controls others. A man who controls himself is truly powerful. -Lao Tzu

SanShou Guru
07-25-2001, 03:50 PM
I know this is not ralek’s post but to try to set the record straight:

If Shaolin Tiger fought in the ’97 nationals then he did not in fact fight Marvin Perry he fought Robert Bouyer, also African American and also from Boston and about the same size and also throws side kicks. If Shaolin Tiger may have been Marvin’s first fight in ’98 nationals but Marvin is fairly sure that that is not the fact. IN ’98 Marvin beat Mike Altman I the semi-finals and Dan Garret in the Finals. No offence in tended Shaolin Tiger, but I will check my tape of ’97 and ’98 and figure it out for sure.

ralek please refrain from using Marvin Perry’s name in your silly arguments. You belittle his achievements as a fighter by even mentioning any connection between your skill or your opponents. If you would like to challenge Marvin then fight and win in some national level event and I can arrange a shot at one of his titles. If you want to see him fight you can come to NY Showdown 5 on September 8th in NY.

http://www.sanshou.org/

Marvin will train more today then you will this month. His sparring partners are better than any opponent you are like to get to come to Fredrick (2 former and one current US national team members). Why would any serious competition fighter ever consider accepting one of your challenges? The real fighters have nothing to prove. Shaolin Tiger is in semi-retirement (hope you come back soon) and has yet to be considered one of the top San Shou fighters.

There are two top San Shou fighters in your area but my guess is neither of them would bother to fight you. Why would they? Do you know how much they would be made fun or for accepting a challenge from a kid who learned to fight by playing video games?

You can talk all the trash you want, I think it is really funny actually, but again please DO NOT use Marvin’s name in your arguments.

San Shou Guru

"Information is power"

ShaolinTiger00
07-25-2001, 04:37 PM
Hello again Guru,

I was mistaken about the years I went to Baltimore. I had said it was 96 -98, but in fact it was 97 -99 . apologize for that. I found my videos as well.
Robert Bouyer ? Shrug? That might be a possibility, maybe the announcer got the two mixed up and said Marvin's name instead. As you know the nationals at Baltimore at that time were one step up from a high school wrestling tournament. If he was in that weight division, I'll beleive it and I'd apologize for the error.

semi retirement. sad but true.. I need to get back in touch with Dan and possibly Julio and find a way to get a steady training workout again. problem is distance right now. I'm already over an hour and a half away from Mike Barry. Dan would be over an hour drive. etc..
I've been thinking very much about fighting muy thai, just to get back in condition/endurance, but I know my throws will not improve.
Also being a married man with a child now has changed my priorities as well. You may understand that.

As to why I met this guy. -because I could. In person he was a nice guy and we sparred for a few minutes and laughed. talked about general things. maybe on the computer he is the Ultimate Warrior (striking arts learned from computer games, Even He thinks that is Too Funny!). In person he's just a young man who was interested in effective martial arts. he sees kung fu as flowery. Frankly I see some kungfu the same way, but from my own training, I know what works, and what doesn't for me.

I'm glad to have another Sanshou guy on the forum. Traditional CMA often know little about it and dismiss it as "kickboxing", a term that is the bain of the martial arts world. automatically assumed to be worthless and impractical.

A strong man controls others. A man who controls himself is truly powerful. -Lao Tzu

[This message was edited by ShaolinTiger00 on 07-26-01 at 07:59 AM.]

SanShou Guru
07-25-2001, 04:44 PM
No problem Tiger. One of our former students is in Baltimore and he is doing Muay Thai now. He trains at the Baltimore Boxing Gym I belive with Honeycutt and Garret (when they are there). He drives to a Full time Thai School in Richmond on the weekends I believe. Let me know if you want me to try and get more information for you.

I really do have to watch the fight tapes. you may have fought Marvin in the first round in '98 but I have to check. If you do want to get back into competition let me know and I can see what events are comming up and let you know. Goh's nationals is in Florida this year.

"Information is power"

qeySuS
07-25-2001, 05:48 PM
The computer game crosstraining makes me laugh too :D Although i find it hard to beleave that Josh has come become a competent fighter in only 4 months. I personally think he is just a troll having fun, but i also think that MAY (notice MAY) have been his brother that fought you. Why? Because 4 months ago in the post where Rolls was exposed as being "Josh the computer major that has never practiced anything except karate" it was exposed that rolls never did any MA at all and his brother was the one doing BJJ.

Now it is possible that he started training then and became so good that he got a draw with you (seeing you have a lot more experience). But i somehow doubt it :)

But it's cool nontheless.

Free thinkers are dangerous!

ShaolinTiger00
07-25-2001, 06:10 PM
One last time: it wasn't a fight. There was no winner or loser. sounds like a draw to me, but if you want to get picky...

Considering while we were standing that he didn't put a finger on me, while I kicked him repeatedly, I'd say that the "winner" of that is pretty obvious.
After I did a Takedown (because I got tired of chasing him) Josh went into his guard, where he tapped me and I tapped him back when I didn't have a hand resting on his throat. sounds pretty **** neutral to me.

Stranger
07-25-2001, 06:16 PM
Josh would freak if we started counting his fight with ST as a loss instead of a non-fight. :p ;)

Sounds like a plan to me.

Ralek's fight record 0-1

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Dark Knight
07-25-2001, 06:32 PM
Why dont you drive up and beat him around the room for us?

ShaolinTiger00
07-25-2001, 07:26 PM
Josh knows that anytime he'd like to spar again, that I am available. Honestly he's a big boy @ 6'-6" and 190 lbs. If he trained in "anything" regularly he'd be a competant fighter. I'd enjoy working out with him again. I've been practicing the guard and mount as well. Sharing information with people is what it is all about.

btw, Stranger I love that "stabby" reference from Fat Tony of the Simpsons.

NafAnal
07-25-2001, 07:43 PM
Ralek is just trolling. All this stuff about computer game training is too ridiculous to take seriously. I'm guessing he had prior training if he fought someone of a decent level.

LEGEND
07-25-2001, 08:40 PM
6FT 6INCHES and 190lbs??? Dude this guy could put on at least 20 to 40 more pounds and be a heavy!!! Shaolin Tiger...if u would like to learn how to pass the guard there's the sport way( fun ) and the STREET/MMA/NHB way( ouch )...let me know if u're interested...I can either supply u with a link or teach u...in exchange...u show me SAN SHOU entry to a takedown...I'm starting to love it! Too bad I'm a fly weight!

A

ShaolinTiger00
07-25-2001, 09:02 PM
Legend,
I'd love to take you up on that offer to show me.
I've got your e-mail from your profile so I'll contact you. In the meantime, show me that link!

Without a doubt he could def gain more weight to his advantage. He's young and still has alot of time.

Ralek
07-26-2001, 03:40 AM
Shaolin Tiger. Did you try a Dim Mak move on me when i had you in guard? I remember you doing some sort of claw or pinch. Was that a chi move? I'm just wondering.

Your practicing mount and guard now?

I think i could nuetralize marvin Perry. Just the way i nuetralized you. I nuetralized you very good. I pretty much shut down all of your punches, but the round house hit my leg once and a while but it really didn't hurt me.

Brazilian jiujitsu is superior.

brokenfist
07-26-2001, 03:50 AM
Why do I have the feeling that, even though I've only had six jiu-jitsu classes, I could put a whuppin' on Ralek. By the way, my background is boxing with current training in Muay Thai. I've done a little Kung Fu at a McKwoon, but it wasn't for me.
What do you say Ralek/Rolls/Josh/Ashida Kimmy?

SevenStar
07-26-2001, 04:40 AM
because you could. Joshy is a puss that swears by his vid fu.

-SevenStar©
Step right up and get it -- whoever wants [defeat]
Come not between the dragon and his wrath...

Ralek
07-26-2001, 01:55 PM
Shaolin Tiger. Don't forget who was getting out of breath. I was still fresh the entire fight. It must be all the running i do. When i was "running away" i was actually just letting you get tired. And it was working.

I nuetralize my opponent, and then let them tire themselves out. Nuetralization is a very advanced strategy. My connections with Marvin Perry through former opponents leads me to believe video game training is very effective.

count
07-26-2001, 02:23 PM
July 27-29, 2001

United States Chinese Kuoshu Championships (http://www.usckf.org/usckf/events)</span>

Location: Marriott Hunt Valley Inn (http://marriotthotels.com/BWIHV/), Hunt Valley, MD

Contact: <a href="mailto:events@tienshanpai.org">events@tienshanpai.org

Count

Kabooom.com (http://kabooom.com)

Chi Kung International (http://chikungintl.com)

Chang Style Novice
07-26-2001, 02:26 PM
I always thought that in a real fight (not a match or sparring) running away means...

THE FIGHT IS OVER AND YOU LOSE!

especially if you were the bigmouth picking the fight.

ShaolinTiger00
07-26-2001, 03:21 PM
"Shaolin Tiger. Did you try a Dim Mak move on me when i had you in guard? I remember you doing some sort of claw or pinch. Was that a chi move? I'm just wondering."

- No dim mak stuff, just sticking a finger between your ribcage to see if you would get distracted. good thing I wasn't punching you with that hand either......

"Your practicing mount and guard now?"

-Yep I have a friend @ Yamasaki.

"I think i could nuetralize marvin Perry. Just the way i nuetralized you. I nuetralized you very good. I pretty much shut down all of your punches, but the round house hit my leg once and a while but it really didn't hurt me."

-Good thing I wasn't going full contact. I still spun you 360 degrees. Since you have no idea Whom Marvin is or his skill level let me rest any questions for you. He is a great fighter. Be it sanshou or muy thai, he's got a fighting spirit and that is what makes for a champion.

"Don't forget who was getting out of breath. I was still fresh the entire fight. It must be all the running i do. When i was "running away" i was actually just letting you get tired. And it was working."

-While I'll give you the fact that you may have more wind than I did, Its pretty tiring "chasing" a guy around kicking (hitting and missing) while that opponent is always backing away for a good 5 minutes. Most "opponents" try to attack at least occasionally.
Letting me get tired? I don't beleive that for a second. You knew that if you got close enough to me more kicks would follow and even closer still would come punches. But you were smarter than that and kept backing away. Good strategy for a guy that doesn't know how to fight when he's not on his back.

qeySuS
07-26-2001, 04:20 PM
lol shaolintiger you do know that your getting trolled by Josh even though you've met him and you know he's laughing his ass off now :)

Free thinkers are dangerous!

ShaolinTiger00
07-26-2001, 04:29 PM
Qeysus,

you are right, but now that I know the guy behind the keyboard I enjoy it even more now.
;)

LEGEND
07-26-2001, 08:47 PM
COUNT...holy **** that's the tourney my friends are training for!

A

Ralek
07-27-2001, 01:59 PM
Shoalin Tiger. If it would have been a real fight without any rounds it may have been a different story. You probably would have collapsed from being out of breath and then i could easily move in and get the job done.

How good are you at the mount and guard? How much do you practice. Do you think that if we fought again you would be able to maintain side control when you take me down?

I never wanted to fight full-contact fighters in the first place but i did anyway. Now your startign to train in BJJ. This is exactly the kind of person i don't want to fight. I want to try and fight one of those traditional kung fu guys who do stances and iron body chi.

chokeyouout2
07-27-2001, 02:05 PM
I told you my eagle claw was superior.Why won't you fight me?Do you live withmommy still?Your a good internet *****hhh.

Ralek
07-27-2001, 02:12 PM
If it was a real fight i definatly would have won. There is no way you could have lasted. I do running everyday. I can run a mile in 4:32. I don't train martial arts but i do train track and field.

You were really starting to breathe during that fight. I realize you havn't trained in years. If it was real then I could just run away then when you try and rest i could just come in and throw some punches, forcing you to do some punches and kicks yourself, thus tiring you out even more. I didn't get hurt at all other than some minor cuts.

count
07-27-2001, 04:37 PM
BTW, how many of those kuoshu guys did you beat up? Ledgend, Give us a report on the tournament if you can.

Count

Kabooom.com (http://kabooom.com)

Chi Kung International (http://chikungintl.com)

DrunkenMonkey
07-27-2001, 04:57 PM
Ralek's lack of skill was obviously sufficed by his height, which doubly increased his leverage. If he was actually in your own size class, Ralek would have got an ASS KICKING.

Some people go to Martial Arts classes, and some people are Martial Artists.

DrunkenMonkey
07-27-2001, 05:02 PM
Ralek, I have a few things to say. If S.T. truly was the one kicking you all the time while you didn't touch him I wouldn't be surprised if his stamina was slightly below yours.

ON THE OTHER HAND, If this guy is truly a San Shou competitor then he's got more stamina then you'll ever have you little co.ck beater. If he was really tiring then you were fighting a crappy fighter so your claims are invalid.

DrunkenMonkey
07-27-2001, 05:05 PM
And No, Neutralization is not an advanced technique you pothead, a lot fighters tire their opponents out before pounding them. It is not a matter of "advanced technique" but rather style. My instructor doesn't tire his opponents out, he plays with them for 20 seconds as they try to touch him and he just comes in and pounds them.

Oh yeah and one more thing.

I want you to do this for me. Find a speed bag. Work it for 5 minutes non stop. Rest for 1 minutes. Work it 5 minutes non stop again. Rest for 1 minute. Jump rope for 10 minutes non stop. If you're not tired after that then I'll be impressed. (btw this was part of my brother's routine when he was a boxer)

Ralek
07-28-2001, 12:26 AM
Drunken Monkey. Did i hear you say 10 minutes of jump rope?

I do 45 minutes of jump rope every other day. One day i'll run. The next day i do jump rope. You have no idea the amount of training you have to put in for track. I don't know how hard martial artists train but you won't find people that train harder than in track and field. There are people (not me) who will run over 20 miles a day.

Ralek
07-28-2001, 12:29 AM
I used to run 10 miles a day. I would run 5 in the mornin and 5 in the evening.

I cut it down to 8 miles a day.

10 minutes of jump rope is a joke. Do you use a leather jump rope? I realise that some jump ropes are harder to spin around and take more energy but 10 minutes is just a joke.

Ralek
07-28-2001, 12:38 AM
One of you said shaolin tiger wasn't good becuase of his lack of endurance? Well. We sparred for about 5 minutes at a time. I never even had to breathe. He would be breathing a little.

Shaolin Tiger had not done any training in several years so i can understand him not having lots of endurance.

But he did have very good striking skills. And he has fought Marvin Perry who is probably better than Cung Le himself.

Don't forget. I have a yellow belt in shotokan karate!!!!

BAI HE
07-28-2001, 12:39 AM
Never run over 20 miles ever. I have a friend who runs marathons, he never runs over 8, gotta keep the gas in the tank kid!
If youe training like this you may be a physical anamoly, like Miguel Indurain, the cyclist his resting heartbeat was like 5 beats a minute. He was a freak.

So when do you plan to align this physical prowess with your MA goals?

FIND A SCHOOL BONEHEAD! You can do it!

Ralek
07-28-2001, 01:04 AM
BAI HE. Many people can run over 20 miles a day. Although your usually not supposed to run over 18 a day becuase you will get burnt out and not be able to eat enough food to get energy. There are many people (even in frederick) who can handle over 20 miles a day. There are track people who can run over 300 miles a week (very rare).

The average high school runner will run 10 miles a day. It's no big deal. I'm making no big claim at 8 miles a day. Anybody can do it. I just find drunken monkey's training regimen of 10 minutes of jump rope insulting.

Ralek
07-28-2001, 01:07 AM
BAI HE. Go to your local high school and talk with the track team.

Ralek
07-28-2001, 01:16 AM
BAI HE. I marathon is 26.2 miles. Your right. The marathon runners don't run 26.2 miles every day. They only run 18 miles a day. Keeping the gas in the tank just like you said.

Scott
07-28-2001, 06:25 AM
"I don't train martial arts." - Ralek

No kidding. Really. You could have fooled me, you ignorant son of a b*tch =P

-Scott

"Life is hard, but so am I." -- The Eels.

DrunkenMonkey
07-28-2001, 06:26 AM
After at least 10 minutes of uninterrupted speed bag workout, 10 minutes of jump rope isn't a walk in the park. But if you want to make it interesting, add another 5 minute round on the bag.

SevenStar
07-28-2001, 06:38 AM
"If it was a real fight i definatly would have won. There is no way you could have lasted. I do running everyday. I can run a mile in 4:32. I don't train martial arts but i do train track and field."

My biggest fear - someone who doesn't train MA other than video tapes and can run a 4:32 mile! I hope I never have to fight someone of your caliber! :rolleyes:

-SevenStar&copy;
Step right up and get it -- whoever wants [defeat]
Come not between the dragon and his wrath...

DrunkenMonkey
07-28-2001, 06:48 AM
I used to know a guy on the track team who could do a mile in 4:50. You might have the stamina, but you're lacking skill. Video-game training. Hah! Boy, someone needs a life. Mr., I still live with my mom.