PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite throwing techniques

SPJ
02-16-2011, 10:38 PM
principles or no principles

what is your favorite throw? and why?

I will start.

the simpler the set up, higher success rate

I chose carry both legs throw or bao shuang tui shuai.

you fake high attack, you go down very fast and carry the opponent's both legs from behind his knees, you shoulder strike him and stand up

---

:)

EarthDragon
02-17-2011, 05:20 AM
I have always loved Beng Tiao..... for its ease, effectiveness, grace and brutallity. This is one of the throws I will be teaching at the Great lakes Kung fu Championships this year

ginosifu
02-17-2011, 06:12 AM
One throw I like to do against everyone is Knee seizing. I also like leg lifting throw (similar to EarthDragons throw).

ginosifu

Frost
02-17-2011, 06:18 AM
body lock to suplex, lateral drop, hip throw

SifuYui
02-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Another favorite throw of Gino's I witnessed first hand, was when he simply picked his opponent up over his head, walked over to the edge of the Lei Tai, got ready to throw him off, when the judge rushed over and gave him the points without the throw. As always, Gino was a gentleman and put the guy down gently. Then he proceeded to pummel him when they started the fight again. True Mo Duk :)

Happened at the Kuoshu tournament in Hunt Valley yeeeeeaaars ago.

You were always fun to watch Gino, my friend.

Yui

ginosifu
02-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Another favorite throw of Gino's I witnessed first hand, was when he simply picked his opponent up over his head, walked over to the edge of the Lei Tai, got ready to throw him off, when the judge rushed over and gave him the points without the throw. As always, Gino was a gentleman and put the guy down gently. Then he proceeded to pummel him when they started the fight again. True Mo Duk :)

Yui

Thanks SifuYui, ahhh the good ole days

EarthDragon
02-17-2011, 02:44 PM
sifuyui.... wheres the pics man, the pics.. we need a old school pic thread

Lucas
02-17-2011, 03:35 PM

Yui

lol ya thats freaking awesome, would've loved to see that

Dale Dugas
02-17-2011, 04:26 PM
I like Leg Blocking and Leg Shaving throws.

David Jamieson
02-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Good ol' hip toss. you can put a lot of power going downwards with it too.
any trip that succeeds is good though. Fishing with your legs can work on some guys.

YouKnowWho
02-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Throwing your opponent down is not the end of the fight, you have to finish it. Your favor throws should depend on your favor "finish moves". So what's your favor "finish moves"?

If you are tall, the following moves may suit you well.

- 纏(CHAN) - leg twist,
- 蹩(BIE) - leg block,
- 挑(TIAO) - leg lift.

If you are short, the following moves may suit you better.

- 搵(WEN) - hip throw,
- 揣(CHUAI) - over head throw,
- 刀(DAO) - Inner sickle.

-N-
02-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Throwing your opponent down is not the end of the fight, you have to finish it. Your favor throws should depend on your favor "finish moves". So what's your favor "finish moves"?

...pull out a .45, and bang, settle it

David Jamieson
02-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Hip toss to guillotine.

The difficult part is the transistion, unless you wind the guy.

Syn7
02-17-2011, 06:36 PM
osoto gari... easy, smooth and can be brutal if you work on it... but i like alot of throws... i cant truly pick one as a fav... but osoto gari is right up there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nESyIcul344

gotta love this guy... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdqNzU9xZ6A

YouKnowWho
02-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Hip toss to guillotine.

The difficult part is the transistion, unless you wind the guy.

If you want to use the reverse head lock (guillotine) as your finish move, the "flip turtle" throw may be more proper than the "hip throw".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK4MSdh5isc

goju
02-17-2011, 07:04 PM
yes i love the otso gari ive been perfecting that since my school yard days:D

Kansuke
02-18-2011, 02:49 AM
I've gotten a lot of mileage out of a lateral drop.

ginosifu
02-18-2011, 05:44 AM
There was a couple of throws I used to do a lot when I was younger. I used to hear from the audience "Sky Jiao" "Sky Jiao" when I was fighting and did a throw similar to a Firemans Carry, except I would never touch my knees to the ground.. I would control their sleeve and slide under and get my hand betwteen their legs and sit sorta in a horse stance. Then lift and toss them into air. The Sky Jiao wa s because I tossed them into the Sky. LOL.

The other throw is called shaving in chinese throwing arts. It's kinda hard to explain but I will give it a try here. Whatever leg I had in the front would do the technique. So I would be facing my opponent (Not engaged) then I would leap and shave (hook your leg inward around the limb) the opponents lead leg while in mid flight.

ginosifu

EarthDragon
02-18-2011, 07:26 AM
you know who

I have always been taught to end every throw with a jointlock, is not true SJ ?

YKW also is that not Ma Bou Ti in that clip?

Sifu Gino
a throw similar to a Firemans Carry, except I would never touch my knees to the ground.. I would control their sleeve and slide under and get my hand betwteen their legs and sit sorta in a horse stance. Then lift and toss them into air. The Sky Jiao wa s because I tossed them into the Sky. LOL.

I beleive that throw is called Chuan Dung.

SPJ
02-18-2011, 07:46 AM

technically

it is called an jin or press neck (head lock)

bao xi or carry knee

shuai or throw.

the keys are your stepping and the opponent's bending back down or forward.

then you flip him like a turtle

---

cool.

SPJ
02-18-2011, 08:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3e_9h3JHfI&feature=related

1 initially, everyone will try to grab the wrist and control the elbow "zua wan zhi zhou"

however, if both are good, arm wrestling is going nowhere

2 bao xi is very common next phase, however, the other player may carry behind your knee, lower leg or ankle up and grab your belt from your back to throw you, while you are leaning forward to carry his knee

3 another common throw, if there is some distance, you control the opponent's chest/back/both shoulders, you trap his leg or bie tui and throw him away

so depending on how good your opponent is, there are many counters to whatever you are about to do

just have to be aware

Shima Wara
02-18-2011, 08:20 AM
German Suplex, Uchi Mata

YouKnowWho
02-18-2011, 11:50 AM
I have always been taught to end every throw with a jointlock, is not true SJ ? also is that not Ma Bou Ti in that clip?

The joint lock is one of the finish moves. There are others such as:

- kick to the back of the head,
- drop knee on the rib, groin area, ...
- drop elbow on the chest, neck, face, ...
- puch on the face, ...

This is why your opponent's body landing position will be important.

I invented the name for that move. The original name is "反夾頭扣(Fan Jia Tou Kou)".