PDA

View Full Version : HEADS UP Y'ALL!!! WARNING!!!! Youtube Members...

mickey
02-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Greetings,

While logging on to youtube last night, I made the horrific mistake of hitting to button that would link my email account to my youtube account. Sounds harmless doesn't it? NOT!!! I can no longer use my username. It will have to be my email address. That means my name and email address will be next to any comment I make. Now, I don't go around being fresh; but, such treatment should be for those who earn it.

I understand that for those who try to reclaim their old password would have to follow steps that would cause their comments to be erased and cause the loss of access to any video content they posted up previously. Since I go there to enjoy I won't be losing anything beyond my comments.

I think someone has gotten to the people at google. They used to be upright when it came to privacy. Not anymore.

mickey

Dale Dugas
02-21-2011, 05:41 PM
good for youtube and google.

another step to stopping a s s hats and other fools from sniping at people, as well as threatening people while hiding behind the internet.

EarthDragon
02-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Dale i see your side however I would not want my personal email adress listed everytime I watch a video.

my friend in the 90's said whatever you dont want people to know dont type in the internet thats obvious but sooner or later the internet will kniow everything about you weather you liek it or not and there will be no rights or privacy for any person on the planet.

mooyingmantis
02-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Mickey,
Thanks for the heads up!

Syn7
02-21-2011, 06:25 PM
using the words google and privacy in the same sentence is laughable... google spies on you more than any other corporation out there... and they do it for uncle sam... remember echelon??? google IS echelon... thats the technologys commercial use... but it was created to spy and still does... calling it a funny name like google doesn't change the fact that its echelon for everyone... they are practically an arm of the DHS...

SPJ
02-22-2011, 02:00 PM
I dun know about the details but

you tube has very good functionalities for video hosting

account name and content can be private or viewed by friends only

somehow it is banned in PR China.

so I have to upload some vid's in yuku

so my kung fu brethren in china may comment on them.

:)

Violent Designs
02-22-2011, 04:40 PM
If the government wanted to know what you've done, they're going to find out.

Despite you having your email linked to youtube or not.

Enjoy living in a nation with wealth and power.

YouKnowWho
02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
If the government wanted to know what you've done, they're going to find out.
You should always attach "Long Live GWB" with all your E-mail and you should have no problem from our government. Today, I assume you have to use "Long Live Obama" instead.

Hardwork108
02-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Greetings,

While logging on to youtube last night, I made the horrific mistake of hitting to button that would link my email account to my youtube account. Sounds harmless doesn't it? NOT!!! I can no longer use my username. It will have to be my email address. That means my name and email address will be next to any comment I make. Now, I don't go around being fresh; but, such treatment should be for those who earn it.

I understand that for those who try to reclaim their old password would have to follow steps that would cause their comments to be erased and cause the loss of access to any video content they posted up previously. Since I go there to enjoy I won't be losing anything beyond my comments.

I think someone has gotten to the people at google. They used to be upright when it came to privacy. Not anymore.

mickey

Thank you for the info, Mickey. The spying on us is increasing in correlation with more people awakening to the real power structure that is managing most of the world.

David Jamieson
02-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Do you not have a junk mail account?

The idea is to make your web surfing more convenient to you as an end user and to help you to share content easily and centralize it for yourself so you don't have to back track etc.

gigo right?

I've always had my friends and family email address and the rest is netnames. Little or no vital information attached to any of it.

Anyway, it is a mechanism of "social" networking. It's also a mechanism of new commerce.

There's more risk in doing phone transactions than there is doing internet transactions on secure servers. There can only be as much information available as you provide.

So, I think you may be being slightly alarmist. :)

SPJ
02-22-2011, 07:38 PM
link, link, link

info, info, info

I tried to compile links to schools, vid info about a certain style.

but the site was sabbotaged

with all links missing

so I delete the whole site

I was mad. I was sharing all the links that I saved over the years.

http://northpine.10.forumer.com/

:(

David Jamieson
02-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Save often, save a copy on your hard drive.
Don't use zero dollar sites for something you really want to keep.
There is no such thing as something for nothing and when you are getting something for nothing, I can assure you, the quality of service on anything beyond input / output is going to be dismal.

just sayin... :)

SPJ
02-23-2011, 08:29 AM
yes. I think that u r rite.

TenTigers
02-23-2011, 09:12 AM
I don't think you need to worry about "Big Brother" watching you or yuor accounts, unless you have a clever sig line like HW108.
It's one thing to post something that may raise a flag..quite another to erect a huge flag and proudly wave it around.

Scott R. Brown
02-24-2011, 09:14 AM
good for youtube and google.

another step to stopping a s s hats and other fools from sniping at people, as well as threatening people while hiding behind the internet.

I would slander you for a comment like that, but you already know who I am!!!:eek::p

taai gihk yahn
02-24-2011, 09:22 AM
I would slander you for a comment like that, but you already know who I am!!!:eek::p

that's only because he knows who I am :mad:

I mean, who do you think you are, anyway?!?

Scott R. Brown
02-24-2011, 09:37 AM
that's only because he knows who I am :mad:

I mean, who do you think you are, anyway?!?

Uh....shouldn't that be, "Who does we am I think are we??"

David Jamieson
02-24-2011, 09:37 AM
I think Dale's comment is interesting, although I really don't think the result will be that.

It outlines an underlying aspect of internet use. It gives a person anonymity and many will act on it and use it to vent their frustrations with the world and of course, their own inadequacies in their life.

I'm not sure if it's a bad thing to allow someone to go on a rip and be as jerky as they want to be. Might even be therapeutic in many senses. But also, that record of discontent is there and they can review it when they reach a state of mind that is not chaotic and irrational and filled with vitriol.

Anyway, linking accounts to each other provides more ease of access to content you are going for anyway. Your IP has always been traceable to your ISP and your ISP has all records of your internet access. Seriously, if you are wanted for internet shenanigans, you will be found in a hot 13 seconds with the properly released bench warrants.

So, unless you are an active criminal or terrorist, it's not really that disconcerting for a network of sites to hone down the accounts to singles so they can be managed and served more easily.

SPJ
02-24-2011, 06:30 PM
yes. the end user should have the function to leave something private and then something public

internet is about sharing

but how much is determined by you.