PDA

View Full Version : Sow how would you handle it?

BJJ-Blue
02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I know we have had a ton of political threads that get heated at times, so I decided to start one with zero to do with politics.

So me and the wife went shopping on Sunday night. I hate shopping, but she always wants me to come with her and I always do because I'm such a great guy. ;) So we are waiting in line and this little girl, I'd say about 8-10 years old (I'm horrible with kids ages, but she was well into school age) was throwing a huge fit over her mom not buying her a toy. And she would not stop, and the mother just stood there watching.

So I wanted to handle it my way, as I despise rude people. My way was to pick up the toy and loudly say, 'Wow! this is a great toy! I'm going to buy this and give it to my neice and she can play with it whenever she wants to!' and watch the kid just explode. My wife was begging me not to do it. I didn't do it, and I'm still upset I didn't. It would have been so fun to watch a spoiled, undisciplined brat explode, and then her parents would have to listen to it all the way home locked in a car with it. They deserved it, because everyone in that store deserved peace and quiet. I told my wife next time this happens (and it will), I either get to put my plan into action or I will NEVER go shopping with her again.

So the question is, how would you guys have handled it? And if you saw someone do what I wanted to do, what would your reaction be?

FYI, I did not come up with this idea on my own, I heard Paula Poundstone suggest it years ago in a stand-up routine and found it funny. And since then, I've always wanted to do it and see the fun ensue.

SoCo KungFu
02-22-2011, 12:38 PM
So you get your jollies off by teasing 8 year old girls? If that's the case I'd tell you to grow up. I hate whining children but even more annoying are whining adults that whine even louder.

Your issue is ultimately with the mother, not the child. The child has an excuse, she's a child. You on the other hand don't. You'd just be a moronic ass.

And as many times as you've said on here you don't want someone telling you how to raise your kids, maybe you should just shut up and accept that when you're in public places these things happen. Or just do as you said; if you want peace and quite, stay home.

Get an ipod, a walkman, a zume or whatever else of 900 like products. Put some CD's on it or download some audiobooks. They miraculously make all the whining children, disgruntled fat women and punk teens disappear while simultaneously making the mandatory shopping wingman routines that much more entertaining.

Oso
02-22-2011, 01:21 PM
hmmm...this thread got reported but, besides being in poor taste, doesn't really break any rules, imo.

Lucas
02-22-2011, 01:27 PM
what would i do? depends on if the mom is hot or not...im single :D

although honestly, if you did that and i was in line behind you, id laugh my ass off. because i dont take that kind of stuff seriously, maybe its because i dont have kids, but i love comedy. i laugh in public at the most innapropriate things so...

Oso
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
hot moms rule.

had a 7 or 8 year old girl in line at Wal-Mart with her mom start talking to me at Wal-Mart several months ago, cute kid; cuter mom. she's chatting away and showing me her new barbie doll while I'm trying to come off as 'good with kids' and get a look at mom's ring finger...no ring! have to say I couldn't quite pull off anything glib enough to score more than a smile from the mom. :(

Syn7
02-22-2011, 01:41 PM
yeah... real classy blue... speaks volumes man... why punish a kid for a parents mistake??? if anything tell the parent wjhat you think, but leave the kid out of it...

honestly, if somebody teased my kid i would be pretty ****ed off... possibly violent...

dont fukc with peoples kids, they will stab you in the neck with a bic pen if you get too close;)

if you have a problem with my kids you bring it to me or you fukc right off and make a giant step to the left...

Oso
02-22-2011, 01:44 PM
though, chasing each other around the forums to harass each other does seem to be one of the things Gene will ban you for...

BJJ-Blue
02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
So you get your jollies off by teasing 8 year old girls? If that's the case I'd tell you to grow up. I hate whining children but even more annoying are whining adults that whine even louder.

It has zero to do with teasing. It's forcing the parents to deal with it, as a screaming kid in their car is worse for them than a screaming kid in a store is to me.

And as many times as you've said on here you don't want someone telling you how to raise your kids, maybe you should just shut up and accept that when you're in public places these things happen. Or just do as you said; if you want peace and quite, stay home.

It's not about raising anyone's kids. It's about being polite to fellow human beings.

Why the hell should I stay home? I'm the one who knows how to behave in public, the kid didn't. So it should be staying at home, not me. You bring a brat out in public that can't behave, be ready to deal with annoyed people.

yeah... real classy blue... speaks volumes man... why punish a kid for a parents mistake??? if anything tell the parent wjhat you think, but leave the kid out of it...

First off, it's punishing the parents more. That ride home will be a nightmare for them. :D Second, if the kid got punished by the parents in the first place, it wouldn't be throwing a fit in public.

honestly, if somebody teased my kid i would be pretty ****ed off... possibly violent...

dont fukc with peoples kids, they will stab you in the neck with a bic pen if you get too close;)

if you have a problem with my kids you bring it to me or you fukc right off and make a giant step to the left...

I told my wife the only thing I'd like more than watching the kid explode would be if the parents said a word to me. When it comes to dealing with rude people, I'm not very tolerant, and I have a pretty good left hand. ;)

As to your kid, I'll go out on a limb here and bet you've raised your kids better than that and thus yours don't throw temper tantrums in public. Am I right or wrong on that one?

BJJ-Blue
02-22-2011, 01:56 PM
hmmm...this thread got reported but, besides being in poor taste, doesn't really break any rules, imo.

You can't be serious. :rolleyes:

Talk about getting sand in your v*****.

though, chasing each other around the forums to harass each other does seem to be one of the things Gene will ban you for...

Hopefully so. I did this to have a light-hearted (and hopefully funny) conversation. And at least one person said they would laugh if they saw it done in person.

Oso
02-22-2011, 01:57 PM
yea...you have fans...

SoCo KungFu
02-22-2011, 02:02 PM
it has zero to do with teasing. It's forcing the parents to deal with it, as a screaming kid in their car is worse for them than a screaming kid in a store is to me.

and in the process you show your own immaturity

it's not about raising anyone's kids. It's about being polite to fellow human beings.

that's funny coming from you

why the hell should i stay home? I'm the one who knows how to behave in public, the kid didn't. So it should be staying at home, not me. you bring a brat out in public that can't behave, be ready to deal with annoyed people.

evidently you don't since you seem to think riling up children is acceptable public behavior. And in the process you would be making the whole situation that much more annoying.

first off, it's punishing the parents more. That ride home will be a nightmare for them. :d second, if the kid got punished by the parents in the first place, it wouldn't be throwing a fit in public.

I told my wife the only thing i'd like more than watching the kid explode would be if the parents said a word to me. When it comes to dealing with rude people, i'm not very tolerant, and i have a pretty good left hand. ;)

bahahahaha what are you going to slap the mom? You're all talk. So now you not only tease kids but you hit women? Big man there huh? That's how texas is though, worst place i ever lived personally. I'd actually like to see someone try that around here and see how long they last. You wouldn't make it to the door...

BJJ-Blue
02-22-2011, 02:23 PM
I never said a word about hitting women. Much like a liberal, you have to put words in my mouth to discuss things with me.

As to Texas, it's one of those States that if you hit a woman in public, you better expect a butt kicking. We are savages down here I guess. I did curse a woman out in public once, she cursed first. Neither her husband or anyone else laid a finger on me.

And I am polite, to those who deserve it. I do my grocery shopping at night, as I hate crowds. Usually only one line is open in those hours. I cant count the number of times I've had a full basket and someone rolls up behind me with an item or two and I let them go ahead of me just to be a nice guy. One time this guy was less than $1 short on a full cart of stuff and the clerk was not gonna let it go. Guess who gave the guy a buck, and said 'have a nice day'? But again, when someone is rude, I'm the guy who will say something.

Oso
02-22-2011, 02:25 PM
ha...just noticed 'Sow...'

BJJ-Blue
02-22-2011, 02:27 PM
ha...just noticed 'Sow...'

You noticed it before I did. ;)

Syn7
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I told my wife the only thing I'd like more than watching the kid explode would be if the parents said a word to me. When it comes to dealing with rude people, I'm not very tolerant, and I have a pretty good left hand. ;)

As to your kid, I'll go out on a limb here and bet you've raised your kids better than that and thus yours don't throw temper tantrums in public. Am I right or wrong on that one?

i dont have kids blue... i have a godson im real close to and im uncle to a few more... im just sayin, dont fukc with peoples kids, they wont always be rational... even if theyre wrong they'll still go after you one way or another...

i wouldnt let any child under my care be a pain in everyone elses ass... but if there was a moment where i lost control for whatever reason and somebody had the nerve to step to me, i wouldnt be polite about it...

so you admit you would like to see the kid explode... so you would have been teasing them and you wanted that reaction... how can you say thats not teasing kids??? its not their fault their mom is a douchebag... wait till they are legal before you start going after people... atleast a 21 year old can flatten you if they dont like what you say to them... lil kids are defenceless and dont deserve to be teased no matter how bad they act...

i would have no issue with you saying "excuse me, this is highly inapropriate and i would appreciate some action on this matter" and then take it from there... but you didnt do that... you just sat back and daydreamed of teasing kids for a laugh because of your frustration... how is that in any way logical???

mooyingmantis
02-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Blue,
I think your response would have been in poor taste.

You saw a small snapshot of a child's interaction with her mother. Things to consider:

1. Perhaps the child was acting out of character. She could have been sick, tired or had a bad day.
2. Perhaps the mother was sick, tired, or had a bad day. And was trying to control their own behavior.
3. Perhaps the parents were as mortified of the child's behavior as you were annoyed. They may have wisely waited till they were not in a public place to discipline the child.

As a positive, at least the mother didn't give in.

My wife had an interesting story a few years ago when my son (her stepson) was young. He wasn't quite sure how far he could push her since we had just gotten married. My son decided to lay on the floor of the grocery store kicking his feet and screaming. My wife calmly put her items in the cart and walked out the door. Though others in the store watched in horror as my wife walked out the door, my son took special notice. He shut up, chased after his new mom and never tried that behavior again. :)

BJJ-Blue
02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
I can't believe this actually got heated!

I wanted the kid to explode primarily because the parents would have had to deal with it in the car. They deserve to be inconvenienced as every decent person in that line was inconvenienced. Payback is a ****.

I'll admit I would have laughed at the brat too. I'm honest about it. Of course the bottom line is you raise kids to be decent and respectful, I'll be the first one to smile at the kid and tell the parents how well behaved he/she is. People generally like to be patted on the back for a job well done, as well as seeng other appreciate their hard work. It's human nature. Sadly, you don't see well behaved/respectful kids like that very often.

I'm serious too, next time I'll either do it or refuse to shop any more. My wife made this deal, and she will honor it. This is actually the second time this has happened, I told my wife the first time I would do it the next time. I was cool and gave her another pass, but hey "3 strikes and you are out!" Since my wife hates to shop alone, I'll bet I get to do it. If it indeed happens, I'll fill you guys in. ;)

Syn7
02-22-2011, 03:42 PM
i cant believe you don't understand why people think its wrong... its not funny... the fact that you thought it was funny, and figured it would lighten the mood, shows just how little you understand people outside of your own narrow perspective...

its just sad that you dont get that... you and your wife have no right to tell anyone how to raise their kids... and you have no idea what that parent is like and how disciplined the child is... you make assumptions based on a two minute encounter... if you dont like kids then dont go where kids will be...

but the very worst part is that you didnt want to help the mom and explain why you disagree with her mothods... instead you want to tease her child to get a reaction that they will have to deal with after you are gone... what a joke... i hope you dont have kids man... the last thing this world needs is mini bjjblues running around...

BJJ-Blue
02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
i cant believe you don't understand why people think its wrong... its not funny... the fact that you thought it was funny, and figured it would lighten the mood, shows just how little you understand people outside of your own narrow perspective...

Everyone I work with who I told it too said it would have been hilarious. So did at least one person here. And I didn't ever say it would lighten the mood.

its just sad that you dont get that... you and your wife have no right to tell anyone how to raise their kids... and you have no idea what that parent is like and how disciplined the child is... you make assumptions based on a two minute encounter... if you dont like kids then dont go where kids will be...

First off, my wife was against it, read up please. Second, I know the kid was a brat. The parents sat there with this deer in the headlights look. There were two of them, why the heck didn't one of them at least take the kid out of the store? Ask yourself that. I know why, because they are rude and just don't care about others.

i hope you dont have kids man... the last thing this world needs is mini bjjblues running around...

Yeah, if we had more people who work for a living, raise kids to be polite to others, are polite to others themselves, pay attention to issues, help out friends in need, and don't commit crimes, the world would be alot worse off. :rolleyes:

But so far you're lucky, I don't have any. I promised the wife I would after she finishes college though, so get ready! ;) If you ever run into my kids, they'll be the ones referring to you as Sir (or Ma'am), you can count on that.

Syn7
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
i absolutely hate being called sir...

look, if it was my kid i would have taken them outside and had a chat about it... thats me... they didnt do that and maybe they are d1ckheads and maybe they are bad parents... but teasing their kids isnt anything more than an adult seeking gratification in the misery of a child... its just sad... you said it, now you have to stand by it... and all politics about parenting aside, you just dont pick on kids to satisfy your frustrations... its wrong... period... as far as im concerned the only righteous move for you right now is to take it back... otherwise your just that guy who gets his jollies by teasing kids who have parents you dont like...

SoCo KungFu
02-22-2011, 05:02 PM
And I didn't ever say it would lighten the mood.

Hopefully so. I did this to have a light-hearted (and hopefully funny) conversation.

I never said a word about hitting women. Much like a liberal, you have to put words in my mouth to discuss things with me.

I told my wife the only thing I'd like more than watching the kid explode would be if the parents said a word to me. When it comes to dealing with rude people, I'm not very tolerant, and I have a pretty good left hand.

So you make a thread about a mom and her daughter and then talk about wanting to see her reaction. And finish it with a comment about hitting her. What mental process do you have dysfunctional that you can't put that together?

So not only do you tell everyone you don't want to the government telling people how to raise their kids, then go 180 on it and want to think you're methods are better than someone elses. And to top it off you have no kids of your own? So you have zero experience what so ever. I don't have kids, don't ever want them. And don't resume to think I know how to raise them. Maybe you should stick to topics you have experience in, whatever those are...

Honestly, if I saw someone doing stupid crap like this to a kid I'd probably get in YOUR face. I hate loud kids. I hate ******* "adults" even more. I would be most ****ed that your *******ery would cause a commotion that would waste even more of my time than had you just kept your mouth shut. And I'd like to see you show me that nice left of yours, I'm not a defenseless woman...It wouldn't be the first time I dropped somebody in walmart.

And don't ever call me a liberal.

Lucas
02-22-2011, 05:40 PM
am i evil when i offer kids cookies and candy when they are already acting crazy? haha i dont have to take them home.

'have some more sugar!!" :D

BJJ-Blue
02-23-2011, 08:55 AM
You guys can play word games to try and say I've said I'll hit women, and that I ONLY wanted to torture the kid, but that's not true. You're having to cut and paste sentences from different posts together to do it!! Man, talk about not admitting the other guy might have a point.

I'll say it in plain English one last time:

Assuming I get to do it, my ultimate goal is to teach the parents a lesson. Will it upset the kid in the process? I'm sure it will, and I admit I don't care.

I believe in treating others with respect and courtesy. And when someone is overtly rude, I'm one of those people who often says/does something.

I do not, and will never, hit women. When I made the remark about my left hand, I assumed you people had the common sense to know I meant a man. Then I clearly explained I don't hit women. So this is the 3rd time now, hopefully it's finally penetrated the thicker skulls.

Asssuming I get to do it in the future, I'll fill you guys in on the excitement! ;)

BJJ-Blue
02-23-2011, 09:01 AM
i absolutely hate being called sir...

But I'd assume you wouldn't yell at a kid over it, right?

I've only had it happen once. At my previous job I called a guy around my father's age 'Sir'. He said 'Dont ever call me that'. I was stunned, and didn't say another word to him. After he left the 'smoke shack', one of the guys there explained it. He said the guy was in Vietnam and he hated officers. My reply was, 'How the hell am I supposed to know that'. I've met alot Vietnam vets, my father included, and never had that happen. My father is obviously the one who taught me to use that word in the first place, so I was really at a loss that day.

look, if it was my kid i would have taken them outside and had a chat about it... thats me...

Then I wouldn't have had a problem with you. Matter of fact, I'd have thought that you were a good parent and a considerate guy.

TenTigers
02-23-2011, 09:21 AM
two things;
One-Blue definately would hit a woman. One day we were in Hooters, and he saw this girl who had the bod of a porn star and I distinctly heard him say,"I would hit that!"

Two-I hate being called, "Sir."
(Only my Mom calls me that.)

MasterKiller
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
A) That idea is in bad taste. Tell the parent to handle their business, but teasing a kid is uncalled for.

B) Why would you take the advice of a convicted child molestor?

C) I would wager everyone who liked the idea is a male with no kids. Once you become a dad, your mentality changes.

TenTigers
02-23-2011, 09:42 AM
C) I would wager everyone who liked the idea is a male with no kids. Once you become a dad, your mentality changes.

seeing that the original idea came from Paula Poundstone.....I agree with you.

MasterKiller
02-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Honestly, if my kid was acting up, and another adult teased her, I would smash his face in the f@cking dirt before I even began to think about punishing her.

BJJ-Blue
02-23-2011, 10:24 AM
two things;
One-Blue definately would hit a woman. One day we were in Hooters, and he saw this girl who had the bod of a porn star and I distinctly heard him say,"I would hit that!"

No way. When I go to Hooters my wife comes along. And I'd never say that....in front of her. ;)

BJJ-Blue
02-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Why would you take the advice of a convicted child molestor?

I would wager everyone who liked the idea is a male with no kids. Once you become a dad, your mentality changes.

First off, she isn't s convicted child molester. And she was making a JOKE, not giving advice. I just thought it was such a good idea I decided i'd like to actually do it myself.

Second, my best friend has 5 kids, and he said he would have laughed had I done it. Of course his kids are well behaved and don't throw tantrums in public.

Honestly, if my kid was acting up, and another adult teased her, I would smash his face in the f@cking dirt before I even began to think about punishing her.

I'd bet you're a better parent than the ones I ran into Sunday. But either way, you guys know I'm big into personal responsibility, so I'm fully prepared for any consequences.

One more thing, I gave them PLENTY of time to take care of it, th epeople ahead of them had to get checked out, then they did. The kid screamed the whole time. It's not like I'm trolling stores looking for kids to tease the split second they act up.

MasterKiller
02-23-2011, 10:39 AM
One more thing, I gave them PLENTY of time to take care of it, th epeople ahead of them had to get checked out, then they did. The kid screamed the whole time. It's not like I'm trolling stores looking for kids to tease the split second they act up.

Nevertheless, it's still a d1ck move. Try pulling it on a kid when the dad is around and then report back to us.

BJJ-Blue
02-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Nevertheless, it's still a d1ck move. Try pulling it on a kid when the dad is around and then report back to us.

I once cursed out a guys wife in front of her husband and he didn't hit me. Of course she was being rude (she had a full cart in the 10 items or less line) and then cursed at me first when I pointed that fact out.

Oh I'll report back, assuming it happens again and my wife lets me. Remember, its her call. Either I get to do it or I get out of going shopping til the day I die. It's a win-win for me! :D

Syn7
02-23-2011, 10:52 AM
yeah but a win win for you is a lose lose for your wife and if you really cared you would just shut up and go with it...

d1ck move...

really, what did paula poundstone do??? i havent even heard that name for like a decade... she was ok... she made me laugh a few times... what she do???

BJJ-Blue
02-23-2011, 10:57 AM
yeah but a win win for you is a lose lose for your wife and if you really cared you would just shut up and go with it...

Nah, she knew how I was when she married me. I don't deal with rude ***holes very well, I've been that way all my life.

really, what did paula poundstone do??? i havent even heard that name for like a decade... she was ok... she made me laugh a few times... what she do???

I believe it was driving under the influence with kids in the car, child endangerment. I believe there were allegations or charges about molestation, but she was never tried or convicted of those. He had his facts wrong. It's all good, happens to all of us, me included.

As an aside, she also says she is asexual. You don't hear that one very often. Her kids are all adopted.

MasterKiller
02-23-2011, 11:02 AM
I believe it was driving under the influence with kids in the car, child endangerment. I believe there were allegations or charges about molestation, but she was never tried or convicted of those. He had his facts wrong. It's all good, happens to all of us, me included.

As an aside, she also says she is asexual. You don't hear that one very often. Her kids are all adopted.

She accepted a plea agreement and pleaded "no contest" to felony child endangerment and a misdemeanor charge of inflicting injury on a child. In exchange, the three charges of lewd conduct were dropped by prosecutors but they removed two kids from her care. :rolleyes:

BJJ-Blue
02-23-2011, 11:43 AM
She accepted a plea agreement and pleaded "no contest" to felony child endangerment and a misdemeanor charge of inflicting injury on a child. In exchange, the three charges of lewd conduct were dropped by prosecutors but they removed two kids from her care. :rolleyes:

You said she was a "convicted child molester", and that was wrong. Period.

Do you EVER admit you're wrong? :rolleyes:

MasterKiller
02-23-2011, 11:47 AM
You said she was a "convicted child molester", and that was wrong. Period.

Do you EVER admit you're wrong? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was wrong, but clearly she did something to have two kids removed from her house. A hollywood "no contest" is usually about $$.

BJJ-Blue
02-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I was wrong, but clearly she did something to have two kids removed from her house. A hollywood "no contest" is usually about $$.

She drove drunk with those kids in the car! That should be plenty enough reason. And kids cannot be removed (permantly) based on allegations and innuendo.

FYI, she was granted full custody of her adopted children after completing an alcohol rehabilitation class.

Lucas
02-23-2011, 01:41 PM

never trust an asexual

Syn7
02-23-2011, 01:46 PM
never trust an asexual

yeah and they will be allowed to marry over my dead body!!!

MasterKiller
02-23-2011, 02:14 PM
She drove drunk with those kids in the car! That should be plenty enough reason. And kids cannot be removed (permantly) based on allegations and innuendo.

FYI, she was granted full custody of her adopted children after completing an alcohol rehabilitation class.

Well, it's just great to see the kinds of people you let influence your behavior in public, regardless.

Oso
02-23-2011, 03:12 PM
christ's bleeding hands...who do i complain to about X3M4 whining about this thread so I can stop reading this crap to see if he has a legit complaint????

Oso
02-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Ok no more venting via mods.

Sorry for the grief. I'm having a weird month.

well, what? 3? 4? complaints in two days is a bit much when he is not actually in violation of anything that I, and apparently any other mod, can see.

you don't like him. fine. block him and stop reading what he posts.

Syn7
02-23-2011, 03:30 PM
if there was ever a thread that should be locked and forgotten, this is it... squash it... it serves no purpose...

Oso
02-23-2011, 03:32 PM
if there was ever a thread that should be locked and forgotten, this is it... squash it... it serves no purpose...

:rolleyes:
most of them don't, it's the OT forum...

BJJ-Blue
02-23-2011, 03:45 PM

Hey now! It served a purpose, I asked how others would handle it and how they felt about my/Paula's idea. ;) And I got many opinions, which was my goal.

Oddly enough, the more left-leaning types sided with the tantrum throwing child and it's inconsiderate parents.....

Lucas
02-23-2011, 04:08 PM
yeah and they will be allowed to marry over my dead body!!!

werd...freaking asexuals, ruining my life and ****....what were we talking about?

KC Elbows
02-23-2011, 04:48 PM
I think we were discussing bjj believing he actually has a potential lifetime out for shopping with his wife, and that, naturally, led to discussion of asexualism.

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 07:41 AM
I find the entire premise of self-gratification at the expense of a child, ...

And if you think that's why I wanted to do it, you either didn't read my posts or you didn't comprehend them. I was quite clear on my motives, and more than once too.

I think we were discussing bjj believing he actually has a potential lifetime out for shopping with his wife, and that, naturally, led to discussion of asexualism.

I wouldn't call myself an asexual, but I do live a more monk-like existence since I got married. ;)

MasterKiller
02-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I wouldn't call myself an asexual, but I do live a more monk-like existence since I got married. ;)

I thought you were supposed to live a monk-like existence BEFORE you got married. That's what you said you would tell other kids to do.

Some people might call that being a hypocrite.

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 08:03 AM
I thought you were supposed to live a monk-like existence BEFORE you got married.

Who says I didn't?

MasterKiller
02-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Oddly enough, the more left-leaning types sided with the tantrum throwing child and it's inconsiderate parents.....

:rolleyes:

Expecting an adult....I repeat, An ADULT...to not get pleasure from taunting a child is hardly condoning the bahavior of the child or the parent. And for all we know, the parent might think ignoring these tantrums is the best course of action. And since you are all about personal responsibility, it's ridiculous that you think you should even interfere with the parent's handling of the situation and yet very telling that you consider ridiculing a child to be a cool or even acceptable thing to do.

I sure as hell hope you don't teach kids at your BJJ school.

David Jamieson
02-24-2011, 08:56 AM
A tantrum throwing child should be ignored.

Just like when you have a dog that is begging you. lol

The child believes these ridiculous tantrums will get them what they want.
If you show them that the behaviour doesn't get them what they want, they will change the behaviour and begin down the path of reason.

If you feed the childish tantrum you are actually dumber than the child, Be proud of your dumbness *******. lol

Kansuke
02-24-2011, 09:01 AM

"when it comes to dealing with rude people". :rolleyes:

Do you have kids of your own? With all the fake respect due under forum rules, it is clear that you are the one who deserves to be KTFO and/or humiliated in public in some other fashion and whose left hand cannot possibly compare with his big mouth.

The little kid is just a little kid and will likely outgrow it. It is your wife who should feel truly humiliated and hopeless.

Kansuke
02-24-2011, 09:08 AM
I don't deal with rude ***holes very well, I've been that way all my life.

and you've never sought help with this self-loathing? You should see a shrink and learn how to deal with yourself.

Kansuke
02-24-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm serious too, next time I'll either do it or refuse to shop any more. My wife made this deal, and she will honor it. This is actually the second time this has happened, I told my wife the first time I would do it the next time. I was cool and gave her another pass, but hey "3 strikes and you are out!" Since my wife hates to shop alone, I'll bet I get to do it. If it indeed happens, I'll fill you guys in. ;)

And if your wife ever develops any self respect will you fill us in then too?

Lucas
02-24-2011, 10:37 AM
u guys luv bjj-blue too much :p

David Jamieson
02-24-2011, 10:49 AM
u guys luv bjj-blue too much :p

nah, but I do enjoy his dumb ass observations of the world around him. :p

Lucas
02-24-2011, 11:03 AM
lol. personally i dont interact with people like that, but at the same time im just twisted enough to be amused by situations like that as an outside observer.

if the suffering isnt serious, i can often laugh at others misfortune...as long as it can brushed off. while bjj's reaction may be considered in bad taste, i dont believe it would leave any serious lasting harm to anyone involved.

so to me its funny.

im an ass i know. who cares.

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 11:12 AM
lol. personally i dont interact with people like that, but at the same time im just twisted enough to be amused by situations like that as an outside observer.

if the suffering isnt serious, i can often laugh at others misfortune...as long as it can brushed off. while bjj's reaction may be considered in bad taste, i dont believe it would leave any serious lasting harm to anyone involved.

so to me its funny.

im an ass i know. who cares.

Great minds think alike. ;)

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 11:18 AM
A tantrum throwing child should be ignored.

What if it starts throwing stuff? I've seen kids do that. Are the other people just supposed to hope they don't get hit by flying objects?

Years ago one of my aunts called my mom and asked her advice. She had a son who would hold his breath when his mom said no to buying a toy. She said he would even turn blue and it scared her so much she always gave in. My mom said it's an easy problem to fix; just let him hold his breath til he passes out. It won't hurt him, he'll breathe while he's passed out. My aunt did it the next time he threw a fit. It was the last time he threw a fit.

Look, I'm gonna do it, unless my wife says no and then I'm out of shopping forever. :D I'll likely laugh, who knows. I'll definately have an obnoxious smirk on my face, I'm good at that. And I'll fill you guys in when/if I get do it.

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 11:25 AM
I sure as hell hope you don't teach kids at your BJJ school.

I do not. The instructor who does has them saying Sir or Ma'am to all the adults, regardless of rank. They are taught to respect others. And I've never seen one throw a tantrum.

I have no problem with well behaved kids, I'm not this ogre who hates all kids. I just don't like being annoyed in public by rude people, be it by kids or adults. And I don't just say/do things to kids, I've said stuff to adults too.

MasterKiller
02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Years ago one of my aunts called my mom and asked her advice. She had a son who would hold his breath when his mom said no to buying a toy. She said he would even turn blue and it scared her so much she always gave in. My mom said it's an easy problem to fix; just let him hold his breath til he passes out. It won't hurt him, he'll breathe while he's passed out. My aunt did it the next time he threw a fit. It was the last time he threw a fit.

You mean she ignored him and it worked? My gosh! And it didn't even take some smart-ass grown man to tease him into submission. Go figure.

MasterKiller
02-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I just don't like being annoyed in public by rude people, be it by kids or adults. And I don't just say/do things to kids, I've said stuff to adults too. How Christian of you....

David Jamieson
02-24-2011, 11:40 AM
What if it starts throwing stuff? I've seen kids do that. Are the other people just supposed to hope they don't get hit by flying objects?

Look, I'm gonna do it, unless my wife says no and then I'm out of shopping forever. :D I'll likely laugh, who knows. I'll definately have an obnoxious smirk on my face, I'm good at that. And I'll fill you guys in when/if I get do it.

restraint is required when harm to others becomes a probability. Is it difficult to restrain a child without hurting them? No.

David Jamieson
02-24-2011, 11:42 AM
I do not. The instructor who does has them saying Sir or Ma'am to all the adults, regardless of rank. They are taught to respect others. And I've never seen one throw a tantrum.

I have no problem with well behaved kids, I'm not this ogre who hates all kids. I just don't like being annoyed in public by rude people, be it by kids or adults. And I don't just say/do things to kids, I've said stuff to adults too.

You know, you don't have to go out into the public if you don't want to, but if you do, then it is probably in your best interest to recognize that most people don't give a crap about what you think or feel and will behave according to their own desires.

You probably know that, but the public is just that and there will always be annoyances and frankly that's good, because if we weer all teh same well behaved little automatons, what a dreadful boring and useless world we would be living in eh? lol

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
You mean she ignored him and it worked? My gosh! And it didn't even take some smart-ass grown man to tease him into submission. Go figure.

She solved the problem, the parents I ran into did not. And holding your breath isn't annoying to other people, screaming annoys others.

How Christian of you....

Nothing in the Bible says you cant tell rude people they are rude people.

Matter of fact it says "Spare the rod, spoil the child".

Gotta love when someone who is not a Chrisitan (and who actually makes fun of it), tries to tell Christians how they should live.

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
You know, you don't have to go out into the public if you don't want to, but if you do, then it is probably in your best interest to recognize that most people don't give a crap about what you think or feel and will behave according to their own desires.

Fair enough. But if you are rude in public, be prepared to be called on it. Personal responsibility. You are right though, most people don't give a crap about others. The world was a much better place when more people did.

I just remembered something. The first time this happened, two young guys were behind us. I'd say late teens. They had do-rags and basketball jerseys on. One of them said, "Man someone needs to punch that little mother ****** in the mouth". I started laughing. So I'm not the only one out there, and no one said anything to those two guys. And I never even considered violence against the kid.

MasterKiller
02-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Matter of fact it says "Spare the rod, spoil the child".

Gotta love when someone who is not a Chrisitan (and who actually makes fun of it), tries to tell Christians how they should live.

"He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24)

Well, besides the fact that Proverbs is OLD TESTAMENT, which you have clearly stated Jesus died to reform, notice it says HIS son. Not some other person's son.

Christ, the guy YOU should be listening to, said

"If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well." (Matthew 5:38-40)

MasterKiller
02-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Fair enough. But if you are rude in public, be prepared to be called on it. Personal responsibility. You are right though, most people don't give a crap about others. The world was a much better place when more people did.

LOL at the guy who wants to taunt a child getting upset because people don't care about others!!

What a maroon!

Lucas
02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
i could not be a christian cuz if someone slaps my cheek id rather knee him in the stomach than let him do it again. and i wear a nice leather jacket, that **** aint cheap, he can take it over my cold dead body.

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 12:27 PM
LOL at the guy who wants to taunt a child getting upset because people don't care about others!!

What a maroon!

You're a lost cause. Skull must be too thick.

But I'll try one more time. The ultimate goal is not to tease/taunt/etc the child. It's to make it scream so bad the parents will suffer worse in their car with it than the rest of us polite people had to suffer in the store.

And I doubt God is going to send me to Hell over it, but I'll take my chances. Personal responsibility.

Syn7
02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
the bottom line is that your lack of tolerance and some insecure need for egotistical gratification is just sad... this isnt about other parents or their kids... the story here is a grown man who can't go out into public without daydreaming about fullfilling some deep desire for conflict... that you would target a child just speaks volumes... theres nothing you can say to make that not the truth... youve said more than enough...

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 12:30 PM
i could not be a christian cuz if someone slaps my cheek id rather knee him in the stomach than let him do it again. and i wear a nice leather jacket, that **** aint cheap, he can take it over my cold dead body.

I personally do not take everything in it literally. That's why so many people try to interpret it. If we all took everything literal, there wouldn't be so many different Christian religions.

And God does condone violence and self-defense at times. Sodom and Gomorrah, Jericho, and David and Goliath just to name a few.

MasterKiller
02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
I personally do not take everything in it literally. Of course not. It's easier to pick and choose so you can justify your behaviour to yourself.

Lucas
02-24-2011, 12:35 PM
as long as im righteous right? i used to be pretty righteous on a skateboard but i quit that a few years ago....

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Of course not. It's easier to pick and choose so you can justify your behaviour to yourself.

Not at all, but I saw that response coming a mile away.

Again, I (and many others) don't take every verse literally and all by itself. You cant, there will be contradictions if done that way. I already gave an example of God calling for violence, and in other parts God calls for no violence. The whole book must be taken as a whole.

And I normally don't like to discuss details of this type, but for a nice guy like you I'll make an exception. I'm not justifying this (or anything else) through the Bible. I doubt it's what God would want me to do. I know I'm not perfect, and I ask for forgiveness regularly. And let's be honest, in the grand scheme of things, it's not exactly a horrible sin. I'm not killing, raping, coveting, stealing, etc. I'm just trying to make a point to rude people, and trying to do it without violence (though I will defend myself if necessary, I admit). Of course that's how I FEEL. You can argue with it, you can scrutinize it, you can quote it, etc, but it won't change how I FEEL. Aren't liberals supposed to care about how people feel? They always say they do, and that others should as well.

David Jamieson
02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Jesus never intended to reform the old testament and if you think so, you are misguided. He added to it, but took exactly zero away from it's authority.

Don't believe me? Read your own new testament then and verily I say unto thee, you will find these: :)

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.”- Luke 16:17

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” - Matthew 5:17

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” -John7:19

so, what does this mean? what laws are upheld?
All of them!

Right down to the orders given in Leviticus regarding the eating of shellfish and a man laying with another man.

Christianity isn't some lesson in tolerance and acceptance, it is as strict and codified as any Abrahamic religion. It just has a lot of confused and slack minded "practitioners" who have been sucking on the teats of the deadly 7 too long. lol

And of course there are all the nincompoops out there who fail to see cultural context and the zeitgeist that is now.

I mean hey, there are a lot of silly and downright stupid things in the bible. What can you do? Humans wrote it and humans are fallible, plain and simple.

I think the only thing attributed to god having actually written it were the 1st set of tablets given to Moses. Which Moses broke! lol Doh!

MasterKiller
02-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Again, I (and many others) don't take every verse literally and all by itself. You cant, there will be contradictions if done that way. So you pick and choose the contradictions to not take literally and the ones to support because they back up your own world view. I know.

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 03:02 PM
So you pick and choose the contradictions to not take literally and the ones to support because they back up your own world view. I know.

Take it how you will, since you obviously will argue for 1,345 pages if I keep discussing my faith/beliefs.

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 03:06 PM
David,

I'm quite curious as to your experience with Chrisitanity. Would you mind filling me in please? I'm not asking you to discuss your beliefs. You just appear to have some knowledge on the subject, so I'm curious what your experiences are involving Christianity.

And no, I'm not doing this to demean/debate/laugh at/etc your experience. I'm also curious as MK's as well, it's up to him if he wants to post it. Both of you seem to have some experience in it. You both don't seem to be guys who just google it when it comes up.

MasterKiller
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
I have a healthy interest in religious studies.

David Jamieson
02-25-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm not into discussing my personal beliefs really.

I don't mind broadly discussing religion though.
It's a fascinating topic after all. :)

Kansuke
02-25-2011, 06:01 AM
What if it starts throwing stuff?

He meant YOU.

Kansuke
02-25-2011, 06:03 AM
I've said stuff to adults too.

You're full of crap, poseur.

Kansuke
02-25-2011, 06:05 AM
I just remembered something. The first time this happened, two young guys were behind us. I'd say late teens. They had do-rags and basketball jerseys on. One of them said, "Man someone needs to punch that little mother ****** in the mouth". I started laughing. So I'm not the only one out there, and no one said anything to those two guys. And I never even considered violence against the kid.

Oh just remembered that, huh? You are full of **** and a poor liar.

curenado
02-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Clearly, I got here too late to lump "brats, joke parents, god and everything" together -
I try to trick a child into laughing at itself
I don't do the "hitting/throwing" thing at all
A lot of people raise kids to please their own vanity and those kids end up "zero's"

But I had most of my luck with the boys by that "Oh come on, you know how full of S**t you are" - guess I was lucky?
If we saw a kid like that and my kid was looking I would smile and laugh and say say "don't even think about it" - funny, they would smile too.

So I guess it must be in the parents as well - one brat dragging around another and niether having any real excuse?

Once we saw a kid having a fit and this "vanilla/pasty" kind of christian said "there's another child whose needs aren't being met" - I swear ALL of us looked at each other in astonishment. I have never seen a child both spoiled and happy - I think it works that way with adults too.....

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 08:38 AM
You're full of crap, poseur.

Oh just remembered that, huh? You are full of **** and a poor liar.

Normally we agree, but I'm not lying. I have no reason to lie to a bunch of guys on the Net.

Plus you know me, if I was a liar I'd tell some whoppers, why do things half-***? ;)

MasterKiller
02-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Nevertheless, you're still comparing your behavior, as man in his 30s, to that of teenage boys. Do you honestly not expect better of yourself?

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Nevertheless, you're still comparing your behavior, as man in his 30s, to that of teenage boys. Do you honestly not expect better of yourself?

I wasn't comparing myself to them. My point was that tantrums annoy others, and not just grumpy old guys like myself.

Syn7
02-25-2011, 12:07 PM
I wasn't comparing myself to them. My point was that tantrums annoy others, and not just grumpy old guys like myself.

baaaaackpeddle....

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 02:06 PM
baaaaackpeddle....

Only if you have poor reading comprehension skills, or you didn't read my posts.

Sounds consistant to me.

Syn7
02-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Only if you have poor reading comprehension skills, or you didn't read my posts.

Sounds consistant to me.

:rolleyes: me no read so good...