PDA

View Full Version : Cool Video for Chung Sigung

MightyB
02-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Looks good. Don't know who put this together, but I like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ErFPK9gDU0&feature=player_embedded

TaichiMantis
02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Too bad he doesn't do his tournament in Midland anymore...:(

mooyingmantis
02-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Very nice! Great teachers deserve such honors!

Codeboy
02-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Yeah, this came from Sifu Adriano from Brazil. He and one of his todai visited in Midland last month for a few weeks. He has been coming up to train about once a year for the last two or three years which is really nice. He does a great job with the videos and Sifu Chung gave him a bunch of these old photos to scan and make the video with. It is awesome because I hadn't even seen 90% of the photos! The other 10% sifu has hanging up at the school. So awesome to see him when he was so young! He has his kung fu uniform that he used as a kid hanging up on the wall at the school so I recognized it in the old pics! Very cool stuff. :D

alextse4
02-25-2011, 05:33 AM
Yeah, this came from Sifu Adriano from Brazil. He and one of his todai visited in Midland last month for a few weeks. He has been coming up to train about once a year for the last two or three years which is really nice. He does a great job with the videos and Sifu Chung gave him a bunch of these old photos to scan and make the video with. It is awesome because I hadn't even seen 90% of the photos! The other 10% sifu has hanging up at the school. So awesome to see him when he was so young! He has his kung fu uniform that he used as a kid hanging up on the wall at the school so I recognized it in the old pics! Very cool stuff. :D

Always like to see the old photos, thankyou for sharing.
I first met master CHY in 1965,he was training his iron sand palm by hitting his palm to the brick at the roof of his school in Hong Kong.

Codeboy
02-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Wow, that is a cool story! Sounds like stories Sifu Chung tells of them training their kiu sao against steel poles from the harbor in Hong Kong :eek: I wish I had joined the school at a time when Sigong Chung Ho Yin was actively involved in teaching. I have only met him a few times during Chinese New Year Lion dance performances where he lives.