PDA

View Full Version : Shenyang

Dragkin
02-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Well, I'm getting married and moving to Shenyang - that's the short story. Longer story is that I need to find a martial arts teacher. Been up here in Harbin and have had no real luck either.
Anybody know or heard of anyone in Shenyang? So far, I have really only come across two people in the city - one is a Baji guy who has some connection to Wu family, but I don't have his name. From the video clips it doesn't look too bad - but my knowledge of Baji is rather little.
The only other guy I have found is named Tong Qing Hui who teaches Choujiao along with sanda and shuai jiao. Anyone know if he's a traditional teacher or a modern wushu teacher? Finding a traditional teacher is kind of hard in northeast China it seems.
Other than that, anybody know of anyone else? Any help would be great. Thanks!

YouKnowWho
02-24-2011, 11:36 AM
The only other guy I have found is named Tong Qing Hui who teaches Choujiao along with sanda and shuai jiao. Anyone know if he's a traditional teacher or a modern wushu teacher? Finding a traditional teacher is kind of hard in northeast China it seems.

The Choujiao and shuai jiao are traditional by default.

bawang
02-24-2011, 11:38 AM
chuo jiao can be flashy wushu. some people flail their legs 50 times like a donkey in heat and call that chuojiao. just dont be scare and visit both of them in person.

SPJ
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
the best bet is still with the universities

and start from there.

:)

Violent Designs
02-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Oh man, Wang sifu, you know anybody?

Hey, if you are not adverse to doing San Da, I might have some hookups for you. Gotta talk to my people and see what's up.

YouKnowWho
02-24-2011, 05:21 PM
I was born in Shenyang but as far as I know, Shengyang is not a popular place for CMA. There was a lot of air polution there and I don't know it's better now or not.

Violent Designs
02-24-2011, 05:32 PM
I was born in Shenyang but as far as I know, Shengyang is not a popular place for CMA. There was a lot of air polution there and I don't know it's better now or not.

When I was a little boy I did some performance wushu but that's it. My little brother did some TKD there. There are some San Da but I'm trying to find information on it.

As far as traditional styles, I'm at a complete loss.

SPJ
02-24-2011, 06:22 PM

there are heavy industries and military industries left behind by the Japanese and continue

jet fighters and attack airplanes are built there.

air pollution is still bad from steel mills etc etc

burning coals etc etc

:(

B.Tunks
02-24-2011, 06:31 PM
There's interesting Qixing Tanglang in Shenyang. Wang Yunpeng's lineage.

Violent Designs
02-24-2011, 06:52 PM
there are heavy industries and military industries left behind by the Japanese and continue

jet fighters and attack airplanes are built there.

air pollution is still bad from steel mills etc etc

burning coals etc etc

:(

Yes, Shenyang is the hardcore industrial giant of the north. :cool:

Dragkin
02-24-2011, 09:21 PM
You know, I actually was in Shenyang for the Spring Festival a couple weeks ago and its pretty nice looking at the moment. I guess its hosting the Chinese games, or something like that, so the cities spent some money to make it look pretty. Either way, its a lot better to look at then Harbin is.

@ Violent Designs - Definitely not against learning sanda, if you find any info of it in the area let me know

@ B.Tunks - Do you have any contact info for the Qixing Tanglang in the area? Would be worth to check them out I think.

B.Tunks
02-27-2011, 03:52 PM
I sent you a PM