PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma: Sell $31 in Pot, Go to Jail for 10 Years

Syn7
02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Oklahoma: Sell $31 in Pot, Go to Jail for 10 Years

A woman in Oklahoma is facing a harsh jail term for selling a dime bag of pot. Patricia Spottedcrow was sentenced to 10 years in jail for selling $31 worth of marijuana. Was what she did unwise and careless? Of course. To make matters worse, she involved children in the sale of the substance to a police informer.

But, how is 10 years a justifiable sentence for a woman who had no record, no history of drug use and pled guilty to the charges in court? Spottedcrow was unemployed and shuffling between homes, desperate for work or money. In this economy, it's difficult enough to find work. She turned to selling marijuana as a means for turning a quick buck. And now, she has to face the possibility that she will miss watching her four young children grow up. Her youngest child is just 1 year old.

how many times has a kid made change at the cash register at the family store when selling alcohol??? its no different in theory... what is different is that weed is pushed underground and all the lovely stuff that goes with being criminal surrounds it... but that doesnt mean that she was involved in gangs or anything like that... so she slanged a bit of green, let her go... make her buy a business liscence...

The sentence seems especially harsh, considering the fact that not two years ago, a man was sentenced to just one year in jail for committing rape and sodomy on a 4-year-old girl in a plea bargain deal. In this particular instance, Oklahoma residents were enraged that David Harold Earls got off so easy.

The people of Oklahoma should likewise be just as angry about this overzealous miscarriage of justice.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979072248

ok... not the smartest woman in the world... when she was in court and got her 10 year bid, they searched her effects for storage and they found like a 20 bag... real smart... go to court for pot and bring pot... :rolleyes:
so yeah... retard... but 10 years is unreasonable... even if she sold two kilos it would still be too much time... 10 years, family broken apart... not good... if she sold a ten bag with her kids there chances are the kids are exposed to it at home as well... even so, they are better off with their mom... foster care has a very low success rate... very low... in my area i would say that 1 in 10 foster kids dont get worse for being taken from their family... thats just people ive known in my lifetime...

but how different, in theory, is that from having a kid make change at the cash register at the family store selling alcohol..? the only reason their would be any criminality surrounding weed is because its illegal, not because its bad... so she slanged a bit of green... let her go... rapists get one year while evil dopedealing mom gets gets a dime? that is bullsh1t... marc emery even only got 5 years and he stood in vancouver and repeatedly p1ssed on the dea from canadian safety... well, until they said fukc it and came and got him... thats another issue altogether tho...

the US is so far behind in cannabis culture that they actually still classify weed as a schedule 1 narcotic... that is the dumbest thing i ever heard... for those of you that actually know what that means, you must be like :rolleyes: right now...

MasterKiller
02-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Oklahoma has the most ass-backwards Christian-mongering puritanical laws in the country. Tattoos were illegal!!!! here until 2 years ago.

David Jamieson
02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
There are a lot of stick up the ass weirdos in the midwest bible thumper belt of the US eh?

10 years for a little weed?

Yeah, that there is what you call tyranny folks.

Recognize the fascism that is invading your country. It's getting out of hand and despite the incredulous stupidity of the woman, this was draconian tyranny exercised by the courts in that state.

Syn7
02-24-2011, 01:12 PM
the fact that weed is schedule 1 is just rediculous... WTF?

do they still think the scary black people will get high and rape their babies???

Hardwork108
02-24-2011, 02:35 PM
ok... not the smartest woman in the world... when she was in court and got her 10 year bid, they searched her effects for storage and they found like a 20 bag... real smart... go to court for pot and bring pot... :rolleyes:
so yeah... retard... but 10 years is unreasonable... even if she sold two kilos it would still be too much time... 10 years, family broken apart... not good... if she sold a ten bag with her kids there chances are the kids are exposed to it at home as well... even so, they are better off with their mom... foster care has a very low success rate... very low... in my area i would say that 1 in 10 foster kids dont get worse for being taken from their family... thats just people ive known in my lifetime...

but how different, in theory, is that from having a kid make change at the cash register at the family store selling alcohol..? the only reason their would be any criminality surrounding weed is because its illegal, not because its bad... so she slanged a bit of green... let her go... rapists get one year while evil dopedealing mom gets gets a dime? that is bullsh1t... marc emery even only got 5 years and he stood in vancouver and repeatedly p1ssed on the dea from canadian safety... well, until they said fukc it and came and got him... thats another issue altogether tho...

the US is so far behind in cannabis culture that they actually still classify weed as a schedule 1 narcotic... that is the dumbest thing i ever heard... for those of you that actually know what that means, you must be like :rolleyes: right now...

Her main mistake was not to associate with the Clintons or the Bushes. That way she would have gotten away with all the drugs dealing she wanted, as well as murder and mass murder, of course.;)

Lucas
02-24-2011, 02:50 PM
im glad i live in oregon...

BJJ-Blue
02-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm the resident neo-con, and I'm for legalization of all drugs. I honestly feel I'll see it in my lifetime, if not for social reasons it will be for economic reasons. I am curious though that once it's legalized, will we have the families of overdose victims suing "Big Narcotics" for hundreds of millions of dollars?

Tattoos were illegal!!!! here until 2 years ago.

Are you serious?

Was it illegal to tattoo someone, or was it illegal to have a tattoo? Or both?

hskwarrior
02-24-2011, 03:33 PM
I love CALIFORNIA

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Does the Alcohol Industry regularly get sued?

No, but the tobacco companies do. That's why I asked the question, it could go either way.

I can't always predict the future, although my predicition that the community organizer's stimulus would not decrease unemployment and would leave us stuck with a huge bill was dead on. ;)

Dale Dugas
02-25-2011, 08:37 AM
10 years for weed, but a rapist or pedophile will get less time.

WTF is wrong with our legal system?

Seems like we need to bring back common sense across the board and create national laws versus state when it comes to crime. How the hell can this back a s s wards way of life be any good for us in the long run?

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 08:42 AM

So right. We have "mandatory minimums" for various drug offenses, but none for rape and murder (to my knowledge). I think a judge/jury should have more leeway to give a light sentence to a non-violent drug offender than to a murderer.

Dale Dugas
02-25-2011, 08:52 AM
should be the death penalty for anyone who rapes, murders or molests children.

but then all the crybaby moonbat liberals would be up in arms.

when you have bacteria that are attacking, raping, killing your cells you take medicine that kills said virus/bacteria.

funny that we have the same scenario in our society and we keep them alive and let them out to prey on people.

unacceptable.

SoCo KungFu
02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Oklahoma has the most ass-backwards Christian-mongering puritanical laws in the country. Tattoos were illegal!!!! here until 2 years ago.

I still think Utah might have yall beat. I mean hell they practically have state sponsored kidnapping for their religious ideals.

MasterKiller
02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Was it illegal to tattoo someone, or was it illegal to have a tattoo? Or both?

Illegal to tattoo anyone. They just passed the legislation 2 years ago. It's still illegal to have a tattoo parlor within 100 ft of a church, which I think is ridiculous.

Lucas
02-25-2011, 10:40 AM
So right. We have "mandatory minimums" for various drug offenses, but none for rape and murder (to my knowledge). I think a judge/jury should have more leeway to give a light sentence to a non-violent drug offender than to a murderer.

probably because powerful people are more apt to get busted for rape and murder than drugs, dont want them getting too much time being all important and stuf...

Syn7
02-25-2011, 10:48 AM
well, the guy that got 1 year for rape did it thru some sort of plea bargain... not unusual... he probably dropped the dime on his buddies and saved the state alot of money having to go prove their case... if they didnt need his admissions to secure convictions for the co-accused, i doubt they would have offered a deal... its the ten years for weed that i have issue with, not scumbags making deals... thats the nature of the system... first one to rat gets a better sentence... it saves a ton of money... and that may seem awful but in the end its usually the beter option for society as a whole... unfortunate, i know, but thats how it is...

Lucas
02-25-2011, 10:52 AM
i wish The Punisher was real. :D

Syn7
02-25-2011, 11:17 AM
you mean kick ass, right?

is there anyone who knows of any malitia types that patrol in your hood???

i imagine 15 well armed soldier types might have given me second thoughts to some the sh1t i pulled as a youth... i mean, we werent scared of anyone or anything... so c0cky... even when we were 13 we would get cops to chase us into the bush then we'd ambush em with clumbs of dirt and rocks... i guess were lucky we didnt get shot... but that just made us worse and worse every time we got away with it... so by the time we were 15 or 16 we didnt have any issues with kicking in doors and making our feelings known to all inside... we KNEW they couldnt do a thing about it... even if they were armed, they just never saw us comming... im not sure how else to prevent that... like, nothing short of a huge scare would have stopped us...

lucky for me i just naturally moved into different worlds as i got older... music prolly saved me from long term prison... but it introduced new problems that ultimately landed me in the same place anyways... still i was better off being a convicted drug dealer and somewhat violent offender than being a murderer or whatever...
anyways my point is this: where is the punisher? coz cops sure as h3ll dont get the job done...
dont get me wrong, they help, but its not enough and its too much at the same time...

i like the idea of civilian forces... it has to be done right tho, or its a recipe for disaster...

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 11:20 AM
It's still illegal to have a tattoo parlor within 100 ft of a church, which I think is ridiculous.

I agree. Some people even get tattoos having to do with their religion.

probably because powerful people are more apt to get busted for rape and murder than drugs, dont want them getting too much time being all important and stuf...

That's exactly why DWI laws are generally so lax imo.

Lucas
02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
I agree. Some people even get tattoos having to do with their religion.

That's exactly why DWI laws are generally so lax imo.

seems like pretty much anything political figures routinely get busted for tends to have pretty lenient punishments.
___

ive seen so many cross tattoos its rediculous...but at the same time ive seen some pretty thugged out fools sporting crosses too....

Lucas
02-25-2011, 11:26 AM
you mean kick ass, right?

lol that would be funny, but... i think kickass would probably actually die his first night out in real life. id have beat his ass. :p

fuc it, lets just build robocop

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 11:34 AM
seems like pretty much anything political figures routinely get busted for tends to have pretty lenient punishments.

Texas used to not allow DWI arrestees to be released until a bond hearing or trial. Bill Hobby, the Democrat Lt Governor, was arrested for DWI and had his attorney come down and get him out before a bond hearing because of his 'important position'. Because we are all entitled to equal protection under the law, Texas now has the "Hobby Rule" allowing for immediate release of DWI suspects once they procure an attorney.

Syn7
02-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Texas used to not allow DWI arrestees to be released until a bond hearing or trial. Bill Hobby, the Democrat Lt Governor, was arrested for DWI and had his attorney come down and get him out before a bond hearing because of his 'important position'. Because we are all entitled to equal protection under the law, Texas now has the "Hobby Rule" allowing for immediate release of DWI suspects once they procure an attorney.

thats bullsh1t... dwi or dui should be a mandatory 5 days and a suspended license for a month... second offence, one month time and 5 year driving ban... third offence, life and life... fukc it... its wrong, its bad, lets punish the fukc out of these people... dui gets nada while an 11 bag gets ten years... buuulsh1t... dui's kill... 11 bags barely get you stoned... sh1t, i need an 1/8th just to roll up properly... and we have real pot up in here none of that arizona dirt weed... if you cant play tennis with it, it aint kush...

Lucas
02-25-2011, 12:29 PM
if you cant play tennis with it, it aint kush...

hahahhahahaha

MasterKiller
02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
I agree. Some people even get tattoos having to do with their religion..

Even though the bible says not to...:p

Syn7
02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
i know portland knows what im talking about... gotta feel sorry for the texas cats tho... im sure their crack is great tho;)

Syn7
02-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Even though the bible says not to...:p

really, it mentions tatoos in the bible??? or just the infidels that wear them???

MasterKiller
02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
really, it mentions tatoos in the bible??? or just the infidels that wear them???

Leviticus (19:28)
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.

MasterKiller
02-25-2011, 01:43 PM
A sensible instruction if you're an elder and have decided that the practice of grief stricken relatives cutting themselves during a cremation and then rubbing the ashes of their dead realtives into the wound is too much of a social health risk.

Or if you're a recently minted alliance and you want to clearly differentiate from your non-allies, which all have different kinds of tattoos. It's easier to lay down a rule that says "if they have a tattoo, they're not an ally" than it is to lay down a rule such as "people with tattoos of types x,y and z are allied, but people with tattoos of a,b and c are not."

It doesn't say the tattoos are for the dead. It says the ritual cutting is for the dead. The implication is that any incision in the skin is forbidden, not just those performed for mourning.

It's also thought to be a reference to tattoos of other Gods and specifically idolatry, which is forbidden.

At any rate, it's right there in black in white. Don't do it.

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 01:45 PM
thats bullsh1t... dwi or dui should be a mandatory 5 days and a suspended license for a month... second offence, one month time and 5 year driving ban... third offence, life and life... fukc it... its wrong, its bad, lets punish the fukc out of these people... dui gets nada while an 11 bag gets ten years... buuulsh1t... dui's kill... 11 bags barely get you stoned... sh1t, i need an 1/8th just to roll up properly... and we have real pot up in here none of that arizona dirt weed... if you cant play tennis with it, it aint kush...

I agree. Now I will say Williamson County, the county directly north of Travis (where I live), does it right. They routinely give 30+ year sentences to people. One guy had like 12 in Travis and was still running around, the first one he got in Williamson resulted in so much prison time it's probably a life sentence for him.

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 01:54 PM
You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.

I believe it also says something about a man not trying to look like a woman, or something similar. I have my ears pierced (I grew up in the 80s:D), and I don't think it's gonna make or break God's final decision on me.

It's also thought to be a reference to tattoos of other Gods and specifically idolatry, which is forbidden.

Mine aren't religious, nor are they offensive to God imo. I don't have like curse words, or naked women, or anything like that tattooed on me.

I have considered getting a Christian themed one, but I've seen through history certain symbols *******ized from their original meaning. And I don't want to be stuck with something that symbolizes something completely different than when I got it.

MasterKiller
02-25-2011, 02:09 PM
I believe it also says something about a man not trying to look like a woman, or something similar. I have my ears pierced (I grew up in the 80s:D), and I don't think it's gonna make or break God's final decision on me.

But he says not to, nonetheless. It's right there in plain American. No cutting. No tattoos.

Genesis 35:2: "Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments: 3 And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went. 4 And they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem."

Exodus 32:2-3: "And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me. And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron."

Mine aren't religious, nor are they offensive to God imo. I don't have like curse words, or naked women, or anything like that tattooed on me.

Writing on your body is offensive to God. If he wanted you to have a blurry Tazmanian Devil on your pasty arm, he would have put it there.

Syn7
02-25-2011, 02:12 PM

huh... thanx... i learneded sumpthin'!!!

so i guess those hardcores that whip themselves are actually doing the devils work huh...

Lucas
02-25-2011, 02:44 PM
I have tattoos, but my God likes them so its ok. it told me so in a vision.

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 02:58 PM
If he wanted you to have a blurry Tazmanian Devil on your pasty arm, he would have put it there.

LMAO!!!

Whan I was around 20, tons of guys got those 'Taz' tattoos. They were like the precursers to the tribal armbands in that regard. All of mine mean something personally to me. I never even considered getting a tattoo because it was the 'in' tattoo at that time. I would hate having a tattoo thousands of other people have.

Syn7
02-25-2011, 03:32 PM
LMAO!!!

Whan I was around 20, tons of guys got those 'Taz' tattoos. They were like the precursers to the tribal armbands in that regard. All of mine mean something personally to me. I never even considered getting a tattoo because it was the 'in' tattoo at that time. I would hate having a tattoo thousands of other people have.

why are you making a defense to a prosecution that never happened??? who said you have a tattoo cause it was the cool thing to do??? feeling guilty? feel the need to justify blue??? :p

BJJ-Blue
02-25-2011, 03:48 PM
why are you making a defense to a prosecution that never happened??? who said you have a tattoo cause it was the cool thing to do??? feeling guilty? feel the need to justify blue??? :p

Nope. Was just talking about my opinion on the matter. ;)

Hardwork108
02-25-2011, 04:03 PM

WTF is wrong with our legal system?

The legal system is manipulated just like everything else. IMHO, the main thing to remember is that it is NO accident!

Lucas
02-25-2011, 04:25 PM
LMAO!!!

Dito, i spent 6 years plotting my first sleeve....im hoping to cut that down for my next, but its been 3 years already.....what i have is one of a kind original artwork, entirely personal..besides all my ancestors have been recieving tattoos for centuries, why stop now?

Sihing73
02-25-2011, 04:38 PM
The implication is that any incision in the skin is forbidden, not just those performed for mourning.

At any rate, it's right there in black in white. Don't do it.

Old testament law is no longer the law of today. Foods which used to be forbidden no longer are.

I am curious though, if the implication is that there should be no incision in the skin how does circumcision fit into the equation?

Hardwork108
02-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Old testament law is no longer the law of today. Foods which used to be forbidden no longer are.

I am curious though, if the implication is that there should be no incision in the skin how does circumcision fit into the equation?

......and how does piercing other people's skin with swords, arrows, bayonets, bullets and bombs, fit into the equation?

MasterKiller
02-26-2011, 02:37 PM

Jesus never says that. In fact, he says the opposite several times. The old laws stand firm.

MasterKiller
02-26-2011, 02:50 PM

Beats me. I'm curious how they justify the mohel sucking the blood from the kid's pen1s and then chewing the foreskin, too.

Syn7
02-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Jesus never says that. In fact, he says the opposite several times. The old laws stand firm.

what about ear piercing??? men and women???

Syn7
02-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Beats me. I'm curious how they justify the mohel sucking the blood from the kid's pen1s and then chewing the foreskin, too.

i saw a piece about some north african circumcision ritual where the kid, whos is like 8 years old OUCH, gets cut and the elder gets to eat it off the tip of a banana... the last part really got to me tho... how h0m0erotic is that...

reminds me of the kids who suck d1ck to get more sperm in them for later on in life... suckin d1ck for fertility... nice...:rolleyes:

MasterKiller
02-26-2011, 08:28 PM
what about ear piercing??? men and women???

No piercings. Period.

Syn7
02-26-2011, 09:26 PM
what...??? not even a prince albert??? but that seemed like so much fun...

the princess albertina on the other hand... that was alright... makes em giggle more...

i have no piercing... well thats not true... but i dont wear any earings... i had one in my ear... but i took it out 15-20 years ago when everyone started getting both done, three in one and sh1t... meh... whatever... so i took it out... i stuck a hoop in it last year... hurt a bit at first but i got it thru... there was minimal healing, i was suprised... i didnt think it would go thru... and it felt horrible... so unbalanced... it bothered me for like a week after i took it out... never again... it serves no purpose... but then im not a jewelry kind a guy... i have some but i never wear it... no rings, chains, watches, nada... i have a wooden bead long necklace wrapped up my wrist... that doesnt bother me, dunno why everything else does... you would think i need one on each hand... i did that for a bit but they just could never feel the same... made me notice it... so one arm it is...

The Prince's wand... anyone....??? dont be scurred...:p
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Prince%27s_wand.jpg

OK... now get rid of this page so you can un-clench...