PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Chi story?

Al S.
02-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Do you have a “chi story”? Do you have a story about how Tai Chi and Qigong has influenced your life? Or if you are an instructor, how you've influenced the lives of your students?

For my current book project, I’m looking for stories of lives made better by Tai Chi or Qigong.

Please visit:

http://www.chi-stories.com

and tell us your story.

Thank you,
Al Simon

P.S. If you don't have a story, but are interested in the stories of others, you can read those as well. Just visit the website for details:

http://www.chi-stories.com

bawang
02-26-2011, 02:57 PM
clenching the anus has miraculously cured my hemmorhoids

PalmStriker
02-27-2011, 09:55 PM
...and the part about Chi? Connection? :)

Al S.
02-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Not certain if bawang is sincere or not, but seriously - no story would be too weird.

But for legal reasons, you have to submitted through the form on my site. I can't publish stories posted on forums or in comments.

Thanks,
Al

TenTigers
02-28-2011, 10:10 AM
do you have any links that are not advertizements or lead-ins?
Do you have a website on your school?
or are you just here to sell yourself?

SPJ
02-28-2011, 12:40 PM
I have only tales about posturing and cardio.

tai chi and ba gua help me to center my posture with erect back and movement in coordination.

for cardio, I jog and swim.

there are trails that I take regular walk.

chi is too difficult to explain or to tell.

:)

SPJ
02-28-2011, 12:47 PM
there are soft and hard qi gong.

there are breathing exercise, meditation and standing in posture.

nowadays, self hitting of acupuncture meridian and points are popular in china, and taiwan

pai da gong.

there are many and many tales how pai do help people in china and taiwan.

my point is that both tai chi and qi gong are huge topics.

SPJ
02-28-2011, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyyyA5P9Ezo&feature=related

self hitting

is also called jin luo exercise.

Al S.
02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
do you have any links that are not advertizements or lead-ins?
Do you have a website on your school?
or are you just here to sell yourself?

You can check out my blog at http://aljsimon.wordpress.com/ . On the sidebar there, you'll also find links to the currently collected Chi Stories, plus my LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter pages, but there's a lot of overlap on those page with what's in the blog. I'm also a moderator of the Tai Chi group over at Eons. Just google Eons Tai Chi for it.

I'm here because I've collected 48 stories since I started this in mid-January. I'd like at least 150 to make it a decent book. I'm posting on all the forums I used to post on regularly, because a lot of those old timers had good stories. I used to be a regular poster on this board in the old days before the big rollover happened in 2001 or 2002, if memory serves. (That's why my profile says I joined in Jan 1970, because I was on the old board we had here before this one.) If any of those guys from the old days are around, I hope they'll let me have their stories. And you newer guys are welcome too.

There's nothing sold through the Chi Stories site. You can leave your story, or you can sign up for the mailing list to get more stories. You will not get any advertising emailed to you, and you can remove yourself form the list with two mouse clicks. Of course, if you don't want to sign up for the mailing list, you can still get to the stories just by going to my blog above. Look at the sidebar. No sign up required.

However, just so this is clear, I am ALWAYS selling myself when I'm online (except on the other thread on the Qigong forum where someone recommended my course and I said that it might *not* be right for him.) I lurk here from time to time, but I really no longer have time to play around here like I used to when this was just my hobby and I made my living a different way. This is it now.

If what I'm doing is a problem here, I'm sure the moderators will tell me.

Thanks,
Al