PDA

View Full Version : Former MADD chapter president busted for DUI

BJJ-Blue
03-01-2011, 03:18 PM
"Officers in Gainesville, Florida recently arrested a former president of a Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) group, and charged her with driving under the influence of alcohol.

Police said Debra Oberlin, 48, failed a field sobriety test, registering .234 and .239 blood-alcohol level. The legal limit for driving in Florida is .08.

An officer pulled over Oberlin on Feb. 18 at 1:10 am, after she was seen "driving erratically on Northwest 19th Street, swerving and crossing lanes," The Gainesville Sun reported.

"The officer wrote that Oberlin smelled of alcohol and had watery, bloodshot and dilated eyes. The report states that Oberlin told the officer she had four beers."

The MADD chapter in Gainesville, where Oberlin was president for three years, closed in 1996 for financial reasons.

Oberlin, now a realtor, had no comment."

Source: (includes a pic of her, and it's not pretty ;))
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/25/former-president-of-madd-chapter-busted-for-dui/

Syn7
03-01-2011, 03:21 PM
thats so bad... my mum used to be a part of madd... i remember handing out stickers, pamphlets and stuff when i was lil... back like the early 80`s...

shes pretty cute, ay... ;)