Lake Temagami in Ontario, Canada

$1000 for 1 week hospitality and accommodations

Material:
Short Fist
Loong Ying Pole Form
Pak Mei Hand Controls
Wu Tai Chi
Iron Dummy Work

"Many have expressed an interest in visiting in the past. This the best way to meet and host those interested and give them a real taste of what we do and how we use it.
Space is limited to 4 spots. The retreat will be paced based on and geared toward experienced martial artists. Less experienced martial artists may be allowed to join if space is available and while you will get out as you put in, you will definitely find this an experience too soon over.

You will be hosted at Mike Doucet's lake-front cabin at Lake Temagami. The cabin resides atop a small island, virtually kissing the shore. It is a 15 minute jog into town. A canoe is available for exploring the lake. If you are interested, the lake offers some of the best lake-fishing that Canada has to offer. We do encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity to experience the scenery and fresh air; however, you will have enough material to keep you busy the entire time if you are keen to practice on your own. You will only get that much more out of it."

Here is the link:
http://www.pakmei.net/announcements/view.asp?ID=22

Having trained with Mike Doucet I can say this is a great opportunity to learn some excellent material presented by someone that knows how to teach and use Pak Mei (White Eyebrow), Short Fist Boxing, and Wu Tai Chi.

Feel free to contact them using the contact info in the link above if you are interested, or PM me and I can pass any communication on to Mr. Doucet directly.

Syn7
03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Here is the link:
http://www.pakmei.net/announcements/view.asp?ID=22

Having trained with Mike Doucet I can say this is a great opportunity to learn some excellent material presented by someone that knows how to teach and use Pak Mei (White Eyebrow), Short Fist Boxing, and Wu Tai Chi.

Feel free to contact them using the contact info in the link above if you are interested, or PM me and I can pass any communication on to Mr. Doucet directly.

sweet... i dunno much about doucet... but im pretty sure my sifu gave him a form or two for his cirriculum... he's in ontario, right??

we used to have a sister school that was lung ying but we merged and now my sifu is teaching both... which works for me... between them and the ancients that are always happy to share obscure stuff, im digging the change... although i havent been going like i should be... peaks and valleys tho, right...

Golden Arms
03-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Do you practice under Ming Chan perhaps Syn7?

On a related note, Mike mentioned he is likely going to teach drills and material for training on the Iron Dummy as well.

Syn7
03-03-2011, 03:26 PM
wu wai quan aka wilkie wu... vancity...

Golden Arms
03-07-2011, 09:56 AM
I would have preferred that this was not posted on this thread since this thread is about a seminar/retreat, but to be clear:

I spoke to Mike about this and he said there is nothing in his curriculum that comes from Wilkie. His Pakmei is an older version that comes from Nm Ging who was President of the Pakmei Boxing Association while Cheung Lai Chun was alive. Lee's teacher in Canada was Cheung Sui Man. Lee was accepted by Nm Ging and taught in Canada by Cheung Sui Man, because of family commitments he could not spend a decade in Hong Kong learning.

Mike did learn a set from Lee as a gift that originated from Wilkie. He spent a bit of time with Wilkie working on part of the set. Mike teaches weapon sets that came from Ming Chan through Lee.

Mr. Doucets Pakmei differs a great deal from that practiced by Wilkie Wu.

Syn7
03-07-2011, 12:35 PM
yeah my sifu never said anything about doucet... for the record... what i said above was info i thought i read on doucets site... ive never discussed doucet with anyone but you...

Golden Arms
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Mike Doucet will be offering this seminar 2 times, the dates are:

Session 1 : July 2, 2011 to July 9, 2011
Session 2 : August 7 to August 14, 2011

If you are interested in going, let me know, I will be at one of them, we can make arrangements to work out.

Golden Arms
08-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Sorry wrong forum, posted in Southern