PDA

View Full Version : Kampmann Vs. Sanchez

Syn7
03-06-2011, 05:32 PM
ok first im gonna start off by saying ive been a fan of kampmann since before he was in the UFC and ive never liked diego sanchez as a person, but he is a great grappler...

ok, that being said, diego sanchez did not win that fight... on points, on damage, on cage control... all sanchez did was a few robot style flurries and one takedown... i think sanchez clearly lost the first round and won the second as well... one could argue, if you place too much importance on takedowns that do no damage and create no favorable situations, that diego took the third round... but even then i give it to kampmann... 30 - 27 kampmann... its time to get some real judges and a better scoring system for MMA...

also, the 3 point no knees to a grounded opponent rule is bullsh!t... if he is in a 3 point, or more, with a knee down im ok with no knees to a grounded opponent... but this putting a hand on the mat solely to avoid knees to the face is bull****... and thats the only thing that kept diego from being TKO'd...

another bullsh!t call by judges that shouldnt even be allowed to watch mma... why cant they all be like nelson doc hamilton...

Hebrew Hammer
03-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Didn't catch the fight, but I do agree on the scoring system...just taking someone down is like just holding them against the cage...so what? Its a fight. They need of incentify submission attempts and strikes...nothing like watching two dudes lay on each other and hold on for dear life.

Ps I think they should be allowed to kick, elbow, and knee an opponent any time until the ref stops it.

Syn7
03-06-2011, 10:31 PM
yeah... a takedown should score when it either causes damage, like a power slam... or it allows you to end up in a dominant position... but if you drag him down and he pops right back up, whatever... if you have a round where its dead even but one guy got dragged down then popped back up, then sure, factor that in... but that shouldnt be worth more than a straight right across the mouth... its like boxing and kickboxing judges never appreciate the complexities of the submission game and the lil nuances... and wrestling judges never see the genius in a beautiful jab used to set up combos... nice hands, shoulder tucked, deflecting and slipping, great head movement... goes right over their heads and they just score power punches and compu-box totals...

it must be hard to find good judges that know the whole game inside out... it'll get better with time... but this ten point must system, along with the scoring criteria, just isnt right for mma...

nelson 'doc' hamilton has made some great suggestions and is, or at least was, in the process of creating a better system... im sure you can read about it if you google it... i read about it in a series in a monthly mma mag... like every issue he'd discuss another angle to his system and/or the need for it... interesting read...

Shaolin
03-08-2011, 05:15 PM
I scored it:

Rnd1 - 10-9 Kampmann
Rnd2 - 10-9 Kampmann
Rnd3 - 10-9 Sanchez

Final - 29-28 Kampmann

Syn7
03-08-2011, 05:44 PM
and the only difference in the 3rd was the takedown... kampmann hit him just as much in the 3rd... its just kampmanns crisp style isnt as appealing to the mob as diegos unrestrained spaz flurries... sure, they work, and im not dissing that... but i'll take the smooth crisp style of kampmanns over sanchez any day...

Zenshiite
03-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Kampmann definitely owned that fight, the win to Sanchez was BS. I mean, how do you give the fight to the guy who, at the end, can't see because both his eyes are swollen shut and his continuously bleeding from his brows, and mouth? Sanchez couldn't even speak coherently because of the damage to his face.

Kampmann had a better showing IMO, and should have had the fight. It was entertaining though.

Rogan was dissing that no knees thing too.

Syn7
03-08-2011, 05:59 PM
the hand on the mat issue isnt new... its been beef for awhile over that one... its cheap...

you know diego went to the hospital after that one... and so did kampmann for the cut and the hand, but thats different... diego was a mess... anyone see the day after pics?

goju
03-08-2011, 07:58 PM
i think diego won the last two rounds

he didnt do much of anything for the first round but the last two he was aggressive and had kampmann backing up from the flurry exchanges and made his knees buckle

Syn7
03-08-2011, 08:35 PM
i think diego won the last two rounds

he didnt do much of anything for the first round but the last two he was aggressive and had kampmann backing up from the flurry exchanges and made his knees buckle

kampmann landed way more clean shots and did far more damage... so i must protest, my friend... diego did land a few but missed most of his shots in those few flurries of spaz... and in one of them he got the better of kampmann... but overall in every round kampmann landed more clean shots and did more damage... i dont even feel like the 3rd round takedown was worth scoring... so he went like 1 for 30 in takedown attempts... we should reward kampmann for the 29 times he stuffed and capitalized on diegos failed shots... besides, he popped right back up and sanchez did ZERO damage in that takedown, got no good shots in, got no advantageous positions and got punched in the face right after... so it wasnt worth scoring... he secured NO position... it was nothing...

i agree theres an argument for the third... but i still feel kampmann won that one too... and i feel he won the first two, handsdown... especially the first one... but IMO he took em all... way more damagae, WAY MORE, and much cleaner... and the defence was ill... the cut eyelid isnt a big deal, its an old cut that has been plaguing him for a while, no suprise that it opened up... it was expected... all it needed was one good tap to open right up again... he must have been horrified when he heard that score... diego probably wont admit he lost either... he has too much ego for that, he's a small child emotionally... he better have the nuttz to sign for a rematch... better not run from this...

goju
03-08-2011, 10:42 PM
he did a good job stuffing the takedowns but i think hes one of those fighters who looses steam if the fight doesnt Go the way he wants

you could see him loose it after the first and he largely resorted to doing very simple jab counters to diegos flurries and quickly taking off during the longer exchanges . The continual backing up is what i think hurt him as it logically implies he was getting the worse of it in the exchanges

Diegos face isnt a factor in determining it imo since gsps face was butchered when he won the firstmatch with bj and so was fischers when he rematched stout and won

I think another huge factor in many thinking Kampmann won the fight was joe rogans biased commentary.The guy does this alot to. If he favors a fighter they can land so little as a grazing low leg kick and hes jumping out of his seat acting like a Latin American soccer announcer when someone scores a goal LOl

Syn7
03-08-2011, 10:49 PM
ive seen people win fights when they were real beat up... but damage done IS a factor in scoring... number of strikes landed, land percentage, dominant positions etc etc... i think kampmann won on every level... grappling, striking and general control... we dont have to go back and forth about it, ive made my case and im sticking to it... either way, he better not run from a rematch...

Frost
03-09-2011, 12:41 AM
i had it one round each and the second was close, Diego had him in trouble at one point but i gave it to kampman just as he scored more cleanly

the three points on the ground rule is bull

and i think diego won because he was more aggressive, it doesnt seem to matter if that agressiveness is effective you just have to push forward, even though kampmann lite him up as he came in...........strange way of scoring

Syn7
03-09-2011, 09:54 AM
i had it one round each and the second was close, Diego had him in trouble at one point but i gave it to kampman just as he scored more cleanly

the three points on the ground rule is bull

and i think diego won because he was more aggressive, it doesnt seem to matter if that agressiveness is effective you just have to push forward, even though kampmann lite him up as he came in...........strange way of scoring

strange way of scoring indeed...
theres way too much bias in scoring... its sad that the things that makes an un-educated fan get on their feet is the same sh1t judges seem to be looking for...

we all know they gave it to sanchez coz of his spaz flurries... doesnt matter if he connected or not... he may have wobbled kampmann but kampmann stilll did more damage and landed WAAAAy more clean shots... even in those exchanges...

IMO there isnt even a valid argument for diego winning... unless you consider pushing foreward and eating shots a valid argument for a win... which i dont... aggression is one of the factors you consider when its even, it isnt a factor that makes it even... coz aside from that aggression, he had nothing...