PDA

View Full Version : 1st BJJ Class on Sat

Hebrew Hammer
03-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Well, I've finally given in and am going to give it a shot. Although I do workout at an MMA gym, I mostly focus on striking styles, boxing and kickboxing. I have done some grappling in the past but its not as rewarding or enjoyable as striking has been. Professionally, I also happen to work in Psych ward and fairly often have to participate in 'take downs' with assualtive patients. It's not the kind of scene where I could nor want to strike patients...so I'm going to blow the dust of my old Judo gi and give it a shot.

On the plus side, according the internets, I'm looking forward to being able to destroy all traditional martial artists and finally have something I can use effectively on the street...of course if its one on one. :rolleyes:

Shaolin
03-08-2011, 05:08 PM
If your school offers I recommend training no gi and gi, they compliment each other well and make you a more rounded grappler.

Frost
03-09-2011, 12:43 AM
nothing like going to a new place with an open mind im sure you will love it :rolleyes:

Hebrew Hammer
03-09-2011, 12:45 AM
If your school offers I recommend training no gi and gi, they compliment each other well and make you a more rounded grappler.

Thanks for the input, they do offer no gi, but not when I can take it...with my schedule I'm only going to be able to hit the BJJ classes twice a week...I am looking forward to some variety.