PDA

View Full Version : Choy lay fut in Manhattan?

Da Jai
03-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Does anyone know if there's anyone teaching CLF in the manhattan area? I was only able to find locations in Queens or Brooklyn. I wouldn't mind the queens area if it was accesible by train. If not, can someone recommend a similiar style and a reputable teacher or school. thank you.

Fei Ling Skool
03-14-2011, 09:56 AM
www.choyleefutusa.com

it's in Brooklyn, but Sifu is worth the trip. Check it out.

Shaolindynasty
03-14-2011, 10:02 AM
I agree, this guy looks good.

Violent Designs
03-14-2011, 03:23 PM
It's Chan Heung's line but that guy is very very good. :D

Eric Olson
03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
It's Chan Heung's line but that guy is very very good. :D

It's all Chan Heung's line :rolleyes:

hskwarrior
03-14-2011, 07:10 PM
It's all Chan Heung's line

SUCKA!!!!!! hahahahahaha mr wannabe clf guy!

Eric Olson
03-14-2011, 07:20 PM
SUCKA!!!!!! hahahahahaha mr wannabe clf guy!

Haha, wannabe gangster!

EO

Violent Designs
03-14-2011, 07:52 PM
It's all Chan Heung's line :rolleyes:

can't take a joke?

hskwarrior
03-14-2011, 08:05 PM
[QUOHaha, wannabe gangster!TE][/QUOTE]

LMAO. I'm more of a gangster than you will ever be good at gung fu LMAO

CLFNole
03-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Frank is not a wannabe, Frank is OG. :D

Say what you want but he is about as real as they come.

hskwarrior
03-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Lmao....I'm not gangster or i'd be in jail right now! or dead. I love how SQUARE white guys like Eric call me a wannabe without knowing my true background. However, eric could never survive in my environment without getting his arse handed to him a few times. Hell, i'm not even a thug. LMAO.....

:D Haters are evidence that you are doing something right! LMAO

Violent Designs
03-14-2011, 09:34 PM
The funny thing is everybody knows Wong sifu (of that school) is very good at CLF.

Truth, I have many friends in Chan Family CLF and there is no animosity.

We just joke a bit, why so serious? :(

You are not even CLF anymore, why bother yourself.....

hskwarrior
03-14-2011, 09:38 PM
cause he's a wannabe clf guy lmao

extrajoseph
03-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Frank is not a wannabe, Frank is OG. :D

Say what you want but he is about as real as they come.

Yeah, as real as they come, especially so when Freddy takes his OG Kush medication all day long!:eek::D

hskwarrior
03-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Yeah, as real as they come, especially so when Freddy takes his OG Kush medication all day long!

LMAO....the only way you should know about OG Kush is by smoking it. OG Kush is played out. LAVENDER is way better. i dream GOOD dreams on LAVENDER. But I am a patient who has the KUSH prescription.

Da Jai
03-15-2011, 07:08 AM
I agree. This guy is excellent. I really like the way he moves. I've seen him one time when he was performing at the Fighthouse in NYC. Brooklyn is pretty far since I live in Queens. I would only be able to make it out on the weekends so I guess it would be dependent on schedule and if it would be worth training just once a week. I really like the whipping power in CLF and that is what I want to learn. Hung Gar is more accessible so I'll check that out as well. Is it comparable?

Eric Olson
03-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Truth, I have many friends in Chan Family CLF and there is no animosity.

We just joke a bit, why so serious? :(

You wrote "Chan Heung's line." In truth, it's all Chan Heung's line ie all originally from Chan Heung. I don't see how what you wrote was a joke or even in jest...it was just incorrect.

EO

Fei Ling Skool
03-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I agree. This guy is excellent. I really like the way he moves. I've seen him one time when he was performing at the Fighthouse in NYC. Brooklyn is pretty far since I live in Queens. I would only be able to make it out on the weekends so I guess it would be dependent on schedule and if it would be worth training just once a week. I really like the whipping power in CLF and that is what I want to learn. Hung Gar is more accessible so I'll check that out as well. Is it comparable?

Hey Da
Class schedule is pretty open. Reach out to Wong Sifu, email is on the website, I forget what it is. We have a Saturday class from 3 to about 5:30 or 6. We have a few students that come down from Queens, Sifu lives off the N and D lines. It's a trek, but he's worth it. You can always come on the weekends and train by yourself the rest of the week.

word.