PDA

View Full Version : Q for hskwarrior

Jimbo
03-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Hello, Frank.

I've been thinking about the shortage of good books on CLF, and was wondering if you've ever thought about writing one. I do own the ones by Doc-Fai Wong, Leo Fong and Lee Koon-Hung, but would really like to see a (quality) book that delves deeply into the history, with old photos, accounts of old masters in Ching era and later, etc., etc. As opposed to only being a technical-type of book. Your deep research would make you very qualified, IMO. It would just be nice to have a good book that goes deeply into CLF, as has been done with the other major arts.

hskwarrior
03-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Jimbo,

Short answer: yes. I'm close to finishing my first book right now. just fine tuning it. It will be half historical and half instructional.

Long Answer: I've been working on my book for a decade now. LMAO. I know a long time for a simple book, right? But as I look back I realize that everything happens for a reason. First, when i started this project my writing skills were RETARDED so i kept putting it on the back burner. Still, during the off time i never gave up hope that i would learn more about my lineage than ever before.

To tell you the truth, the entire reason i joined this forum long ago was partly due to research. i wanted to know what people knew and knowing the gung fu community i didn't believe people would give up info easily. It has been learning process for me but has been a fun ride. Honestly, if i never joined this forum i wouldn't have had the desire to search as deep as i have.

In the historical side of the book the reader will get a chance to read and decide for themselves on the subjects of how we got our Hung Sing name, who the real Green Grass Monk is (although the identity is already known by now) and some back ground info on him. The reader will also read about Jeung Yim, Yuen Hai, Lau Bun, Jew Leong and my sifu.

In the applications side i will cover classical vs modern combat CLF. Things like this. It's still a growing project.

Jimbo
03-15-2011, 12:37 PM
That's awesome, Frank!

This sounds like the book I've been waiting for. And yes, it's true that everything does happen for a reason. Your book just needed the time to mature, like fine wine. :) The long period of time it's taken your project has only allowed it to become better than it would have been had it been finished quickly.

Wishing the best for you and your book.

hskwarrior
03-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks Sir, I do appreciate that. yeah i do feel its taking time to ensure all i needed to publish was one book on the subject instead of a bunch of installments.