PDA

View Full Version : Two "Unidentified" Forms

Violent Designs
03-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Long story short an acquaintance of mine used to practice CMA. Some on here probably remember him if I bring up some old conversations but this is not to name names or anything of that nature.

Basically his lineage and system history was pretty muddy, even according to himself. As in, even he didn't know much other than what was told to him by his teacher and brothers, respectively. Some time ago, he lost contact with his teacher.

Anyways from what he DID tell everyone was that the story passed down was his style is a Wu Xing Quan system from the Southern Shaolin. That's about as specific as it gets. And it also supposedly predates Hung Ga Kuen.

Anyways, I'm just conveying what I gathered. Nothing is "my opinion" just passing along information.

He did post up two forms and I can't really place them. So I thought, maybe some people on here could:

"White Crane Form" http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3169841310194543409&hl=en#

"Young Tiger Form" http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1316680607307351959&hl=en#

So, thoughts? Real deal? Wushu stuff? Non-Chinese stuff? Fake stuff?

CLFNole
03-15-2011, 06:53 PM
The first one isn't a white crane form and I highly doubt it is a 5-Animal style that predates hung gar :rolleyes: It lacks pow choy and cup choys that are well known from hop gar, lama & white crane.

The 2nd form looks similar to the 1st except with a few tiger claws.

Sometimes it is better to say nothing if you get my drift.

TenTigers
03-15-2011, 06:54 PM
looks made up. copied from watching people do forms. No connection, no alignment on..anything.Note the misstepping on the kay lin bo in the Tiger set, and the attempt at the chin ji sau.
I think he added the "quart of blood technique" in the beginning, too.
If I'm wrong, then, I'll eat my hat.
(shouldn't be hard, it's just a small yarmulka...)

Violent Designs
03-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the fast replies. :cool:

Eric Olson
03-15-2011, 07:17 PM
It's OK just to admit this is your new Sifu. ;)

EO

Violent Designs
03-15-2011, 07:30 PM
It's OK just to admit this is your new Sifu. ;)

EO

The person in question used to post on MAP quite a bit. Now he goes on Bullshido mostly? Not sure, I think he's just busy with life stuff, work, video production (mostly with professional MMA scene).

That aside he does MMA/BJJ/SanDa now. Whatever "fake" CMA stuff he may have done he's always been a dedicated martial artist. Like I said, he's into MMA now (good for him I say).

Short GSP docu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH55vIjwyM0

His other works are very good too.

Is he my teacher? Nah, but he's a good guy. I'm pretty sure he's still in the NYC area though, so actually YOU can learn from HIM!!! See how well this is working out? :cool:

AdrianK
03-16-2011, 02:07 AM
A lot of people in socal teach bunk, made up gung fu. Its not surprising he's doing that crap. It basically looks like someone strung together a bunch of basic ideas with no foundation or thought.

You should've seen this Wing Chun kid from Socal who posted on Myspace's WC group years ago, he posted pics of his "Wing Chun" and things his "Sifu" was telling him. We found out the guy teaching him claimed lineage under Thomas Wong, and when I contacted Sifu Wong he told me the guy was expelled from the school after only training less than two years. It was terrible. I suggested he hook up with Gary Lam. He did and never looked back.

Eric Olson
03-16-2011, 10:16 AM
The person in question used to post on MAP quite a bit. Now he goes on Bullshido mostly? Not sure, I think he's just busy with life stuff, work, video production (mostly with professional MMA scene).

That aside he does MMA/BJJ/SanDa now. Whatever "fake" CMA stuff he may have done he's always been a dedicated martial artist. Like I said, he's into MMA now (good for him I say).

Short GSP docu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH55vIjwyM0

His other works are very good too.

Is he my teacher? Nah, but he's a good guy. I'm pretty sure he's still in the NYC area though, so actually YOU can learn from HIM!!! See how well this is working out? :cool:

Oh, sorry I forgot that this was your Sifu:

http://www.kungfuschool.org/

iron_silk
03-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Any chance the White Crane was Fukien White Crane from Yang Jwing Ming and not the southern Bak Hok (i.e. Lama)?

wgeelai
03-16-2011, 02:22 PM
The second video is parts of War Palm, Hung Gar.

Violent Designs
03-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Oh, sorry I forgot that this was your Sifu:

http://www.kungfuschool.org/

Does it feel good to have every CLF guy you once knew hate you? :D

But you are, truly, a Farn Gwat Jai... in its lowest form.

Eric Olson
03-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Does it feel good to have every CLF guy you once knew hate you? :D

Wow, you're really desperate to be liked on a kung fu message board. Kind of sad. :rolleyes:

EO

hskwarrior
03-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Eric O. the "Farn Gwut Jai"

How low can you go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uGrLpIGdy8

TenTigers
03-16-2011, 05:58 PM
The second video is parts of War Palm, Hung Gar.

you're right! Good call! I didn't realize. So, as I said before, he took bits and pieces from watching other sets and made sup bot lo-fan kuen.

Eric Olson
03-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Eric O. the "Farn Gwut Jai"

How low can you go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uGrLpIGdy8

You can never quit the gang, right? :rolleyes:

EO

hskwarrior
03-18-2011, 02:13 PM
You can never quit the gang, right?

EO

what gang? :confused:

Violent Designs
03-18-2011, 02:21 PM
what gang? :confused:

he means CLF i think.

hskwarrior
03-18-2011, 02:28 PM
nah, he called me a wannabe gangster the other day....that's what he's talking about. LOL.

It's always the really soft white guys who've never had thuggish friends that calls a guy a wannabe because he ain't black, latin or asian and doesn't fit into what HE thinks a white guy should act like. LMAO.....

I bet you when Eric Olson is at home alone he pops on this video and imitates every move!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8

Eric Olson
03-19-2011, 08:12 AM
It's always the really soft white guys who've never had thuggish friends

People have friends that are thugs if they're a) gangsters b) wannabe gangstas. Please check box a or b.

that calls a guy a wannabe because he ain't black, latin or asian and doesn't fit into what HE thinks a white guy should act like. LMAO.....

I don't think a white guy (or any guy for that matter) should ACT like anything. :rolleyes:

EO

hskwarrior
03-19-2011, 08:15 AM
people have friends that are thugs if they're a) gangsters b) wannabe gangstas. Please check box a or b.

soft arse white boy!!!!!! Lol

I don't think a white guy (or any guy for that matter) should ACT like anything.

If you didn't, you wouldn't waste your time calling someone a wannabe just because you're a victim!!!!!

hskwarrior
03-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Boyyeee....do I have a stalker or do i have a stalker? I SEE you watching me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

Eric Olson
03-19-2011, 12:27 PM
soft arse white boy!!!!!! Lol

LOL that you're calling ME soft. We probably weigh the same even though I'm twice your height.

EO

hskwarrior
03-19-2011, 01:34 PM
LOL that you're calling ME soft. We probably weigh the same even though I'm twice your height.

EO

Your height is equal to your ugliness LMAO. You're a short fighters dream. we'd get to chop you down! Me i have less room to hit to floor than you do. LMAO....

you get over that awkwardness yet? you will one day

Eric Olson
03-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Your height is equal to your ugliness LMAO

That's not what your mom said...*drum roll, cymbal crash*

You're a short fighters dream. we'd get to chop you down! Me i have less room to hit to floor than you do. LMAO....

Keep telling yourself that, but I know how to attack legs too. Remember...I did CLF for 10 years:rolleyes:

you get over that awkwardness yet? you will one day

Yawn:rolleyes:....this is getting boring. As much effort as you put into this forum you'd be better off getting into shape. I think I'll follow suite.

EO

hskwarrior
03-19-2011, 01:47 PM
That's not what your mom said...*drum roll, cymbal crash*

My mom always taught us to respect ugly people, so she would have said something nice so not to hurt yer wittow feewings.....SQUARE. :eek:

Keep telling yourself that, but I know how to attack legs too. Remember...I did CLF for 10 years

It just took you ten years to realize CLF wasn't for you. You fooled yourself.

Yawn....this is getting boring. As much effort as you put into this forum you'd be better off getting into shape. I think I'll follow suite.

That's not how YOUR mom feels! LOL

I think I'll follow suite.

Well, since you're not following suit, HELL NO you can't follow me into my suite! WIERDO! its not that type of party!

No_Know
03-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Beginning End and during he shakes it reminds me of Chen Tai Chi. Also when he puts his hands together and shakes his shoulders at some point. Around 42 seconds the hop kick looks like a transition I've seen similar before.

T'ai Chi Ch'uan-Up-Down, then Shao-lin then Hung gar then Shao-lin for the bow then a move style in Snake, Cat and Crane.

And the elbow smash...that seems to have been seen though not sure the name I think it from a relatively modern form. Though I might have missed much of what the read deal of kung-Fu is.

Theere seems to be a crane stly called Shaking Crane and the ending might go with that as well perhaps as ame to the other shaking I noticed.

Ron Goninan or something (Australia) might be consulted about what are the Crane aspects of this form named White Crane--Mister G, has experience on this topic of Crane...my understanding.

No_Know

Grasshopper101
03-21-2011, 07:18 PM
A lot of people in socal teach bunk, made up gung fu. Its not surprising he's doing that crap. It basically looks like someone strung together a bunch of basic ideas with no foundation or thought.

You should've seen this Wing Chun kid from Socal who posted on Myspace's WC group years ago, he posted pics of his "Wing Chun" and things his "Sifu" was telling him. We found out the guy teaching him claimed lineage under Thomas Wong, and when I contacted Sifu Wong he told me the guy was expelled from the school after only training less than two years. It was terrible. I suggested he hook up with Gary Lam. He did and never looked back.

Word. I found out my instructor probably just watched Ark Wong's classes from the door a couple of times, and never learned anything.

I had a friend in high school that supposedly knew wing chun, but his instructor mixed some other stuff with it and called it Jeet Soo Do. No, not Jeet Kune Do, Jeet Soo Do. There was no San Soo in it, either, so I don't know where the Soo came from. My friend had a black belt from the guy and was a good fighter, but I have no idea who his instructor was or what his qualifications were.

Probably another made up kung fu style in So Cal.

If I could go back and do it all over........well, the only consolation I have is my instructor never charged me or anybody else who trained with him $.01, ever. So I guess the rip off wasn't financial, but moral.

Darthlawyer
03-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Beginning End and during he shakes it reminds me of Chen Tai Chi. Also when he puts his hands together and shakes his shoulders at some point. Around 42 seconds the hop kick looks like a transition I've seen similar before.

T'ai Chi Ch'uan-Up-Down, then Shao-lin then Hung gar then Shao-lin for the bow then a move style in Snake, Cat and Crane.

And the elbow smash...that seems to have been seen though not sure the name I think it from a relatively modern form. Though I might have missed much of what the read deal of kung-Fu is.

Theere seems to be a crane stly called Shaking Crane and the ending might go with that as well perhaps as ame to the other shaking I noticed.

Ron Goninan or something (Australia) might be consulted about what are the Crane aspects of this form named White Crane--Mister G, has experience on this topic of Crane...my understanding.

No_Know

Its nothing like the Shaking Crane that I've been taught. Shaking Crane begins with the "Three Battles" or San Chen that is a precursor of the San Chen often seen in higher level katas in Karate. The stances in Shaking Crane involve "triangle stances", a kind of staggered bow stance, which resembles a tai-chi stance (i.e. a bow stance where the feet are about shoulder width apart, with the weight approximately 70-30 front foot/back foot). The differences don't end with the stances either.