PDA

View Full Version : They dont speak English at Subway anymore

BJJ-Blue
03-16-2011, 07:15 AM
So after a long day at work, me and the wife were moving another load of stuff from our old place to our new place. We decided to stop at Subway to grab dinner. There were two girls working the counter making the sandwhiches. And one didn't speak English!!!! No one word. The other girl had to translate everything to her. This is flat out ridiculous that in the United States of America people have to speak Spanish to order a **** sandwich. I'll be calling the complaint line and the manager today.

wenshu
03-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Subway is disgusting. That was your first mistake.

Jokes aside.

I've had people call me at work who don't speak English and when I tell them that no one in the office speaks Spanish they are incredulous:

"Why no speak Spanish this America everybody speak Spanish. . ."

/headdesk

Welcome to the reconquista. All things being equal it makes perfect sense.

As I've said previously we should just annex Texas to Mexico; Southern California already is. . .

I mean, do we really need the southwest?

SoCal is going to break off and sink into the Pacific any day now; I would just be happy to see the destruction of Orange County.

Don't even get me started on Arizona. They are like Texas's retarded kid brother.

Drake
03-16-2011, 08:31 AM
If you live in territories that were, historically speaking, very recently a part of Mexico... why does this surprise you?

You should be able to speak Spanish if you live in any of those areas. It's not their fault... they were there first.

I'm just wondering how she survived the job interview. If you are working for Subway, you should be bilingual in a place like that. You should skip the manager (because he/she was the one who hired them anyway) and contact the regional office. If that girl ended up working alone, you'd end up with a lot of angry customers.

Again, not surprising, seeing as these people never left when the US annexed the land... but for something as customer oriented as Subway, this should not have happened.

BJJ-Blue
03-16-2011, 10:04 AM
If you live in territories that were, historically speaking, very recently a part of Mexico... why does this surprise you?

You should be able to speak Spanish if you live in any of those areas. It's not their fault... they were there first.

By that logic most of Europe should be speaking Latin. :rolleyes:

I'm just wondering how she survived the job interview. If you are working for Subway, you should be bilingual in a place like that. You should skip the manager (because he/she was the one who hired them anyway) and contact the regional office. If that girl ended up working alone, you'd end up with a lot of angry customers.

Again, not surprising, seeing as these people never left when the US annexed the land... but for something as customer oriented as Subway, this should not have happened.

The manager was not very helpful. The regional office was very receptive and promised to take care of the problem.

Look, the bottom line is this: The menu is in English, so all employees should be able to read the darn menu.

Drake
03-16-2011, 10:11 AM
By that logic most of Europe should be speaking Latin. :rolleyes:

The manager was not very helpful. The regional office was very receptive and promised to take care of the problem.

Look, the bottom line is this: The menu is in English, so all employees should be able to read the darn menu.

Most of Europe does speak either a derivative of Latin or the Goth or Gaellic tongues that were spoken there historically.

Lucas
03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
how old was she?

David Jamieson
03-16-2011, 10:35 AM
well now, y'all c'mon up to queebek and see who'll speak anglais with you.

lol. You'll like the subways there too because no one speaks english there either! lol

fwiw, multilingual people have bigger brains and are generally of a higher IQ where as uni lingual folks don't show that same gusto of brainy.

go figure that the more you're exposed to and the more you are involved in, the less you will have to worry about not understanding. :D

BJJ-Blue
03-16-2011, 10:40 AM
how old was she?

I'd say early to mid 20s, but I'm bad with ages. Plus she was shorter, so it was hard to see her face from where I was standing in front of the prep area and with the glass in front of me. The bilingual girl was that age for sure. Since she rang us up at the register we got a good look at her.

David Jamieson
03-16-2011, 10:45 AM
To be fair, they don't speak english in popular music anymore either...

Lucas
03-16-2011, 10:56 AM
was she hot?

Drake
03-16-2011, 11:02 AM

lol. You'll like the subways there too because no one speaks english there either! lol

fwiw, multilingual people have bigger brains and are generally of a higher IQ where as uni lingual folks don't show that same gusto of brainy.

go figure that the more you're exposed to and the more you are involved in, the less you will have to worry about not understanding. :D

The girl wasn't multilingual. She only spoke Spanish.

David Jamieson
03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
The girl wasn't multilingual. She only spoke Spanish.

I'm talking about the english dude who lives in the south of the usa but doesn't speak spanish.

ordering a sandwich in spanish?

not that hard.

crikey, at a subway you don't ahve to speak at all, just point. :rolleyes: lol

It's not like he was trying to get government services or something, or medical attention. ahahaha.

watch (btw i am canadian)

customer: Quisiera un sándwich

staff: ¿Qué desea usted?

customer: Quisiera un sándwich de queso.

staff: ¿Y para tomar?

customer: para tomar, quiero cerveza!

staff: ¿Desea algo de postre?

customer: Sí ¿Me trae un pastel de chocolate?

staff: ¿Algo más?

Customer: Nos. Gracias.

done and done.

print this page if you're ever hankering for a cheese sandwhich and a beer and a piece of chocolate cake in 1bads town. lol

sanjuro_ronin
03-16-2011, 11:14 AM
20 year old spanish speaking latina...
Was she good looking?

Lucas
03-16-2011, 11:18 AM
20 year old spanish speaking latina...
Was she good looking?

i asked first!

sanjuro_ronin
03-16-2011, 11:25 AM
i asked first!

There is power in numbers !!

Drake
03-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm talking about the english dude who lives in the south of the usa but doesn't speak spanish.

ordering a sandwich in spanish?

not that hard.

crikey, at a subway you don't ahve to speak at all, just point. :rolleyes: lol

It's not like he was trying to get government services or something, or medical attention. ahahaha.

watch (btw i am canadian)

customer: Quisiera un sándwich

staff: ¿Qué desea usted?

customer: Quisiera un sándwich de queso.

staff: ¿Y para tomar?

customer: para tomar, quiero cerveza!

staff: ¿Desea algo de postre?

customer: Sí ¿Me trae un pastel de chocolate?

staff: ¿Algo más?

Customer: Nos. Gracias.

done and done.

print this page if you're ever hankering for a cheese sandwhich and a beer and a piece of chocolate cake in 1bads town. lol

1. There's a good dozen or so items you can select for your sandwich. It's not so easy as point as nod.

2. Spanish in Texas isn't proper Spanish.

Drake
03-16-2011, 11:32 AM
But yeah... was she hot?

David Jamieson
03-16-2011, 11:47 AM
1. There's a good dozen or so items you can select for your sandwich. It's not so easy as point as nod.

2. Spanish in Texas isn't proper Spanish.

1) how do mutes stay fed?

2) to be fair, english in texas isn't proper english. :p

Drake
03-16-2011, 11:49 AM
1) how do mutes stay fed?

2) to be fair, english in texas isn't proper english. :p

1. They usually write it down.

2. Quite true.

Lucas
03-16-2011, 11:49 AM
There is power in numbers !!

word! Drakes on board....CMON 1BAD SPILL THE IMPORTANT INFO!

BJJ-Blue
03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Again, the menu was in ENGLISH, so the employees need to at least speak that language.

No, she was not hot imo.

sanjuro_ronin
03-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Again, the menu was in ENGLISH, so the employees need to at least speak that language.

No, she was not hot imo.

**** the *****, you should have slapped her non-english speaking non-hot ass to the curb !!

wenshu
03-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Dude, she works at Subway.

The curb would be a step up.

Lucas
03-16-2011, 01:19 PM
**** the *****, you should have slapped her non-english speaking non-hot ass to the curb !!

word!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syn7
03-16-2011, 02:24 PM

i speak french rather well... but when i do speak to quebecois, they shake their head and ask me to speak english... its one of the reasons i dont get along with arrogant fgrogs... they feel like im butchering their precious language... i am all for separation... seriously, fukc off, take your chunk of the debt and we'll even throw all our stupid multilingual traffic signs on your side of the border... as if we need to spend 100's of milllions to change stop signs. if you dont know what a red octogon means then you just should be driving, period...

its really bugging me that i see about 4 languages everywhere i go now... i want a 3 year limit on passing an oral and written english test for all new citizens... if you fail, you leave... simple... im willing to grandfather in anyone over 65 tho, they dont work anyways...

Lucas
03-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Lol so its true then? I've always heard French Canadians are stuck up *****s

MasterKiller
03-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Who cares if she's hot at 20. Check back when she's 30.
http://www.rednecksrevenge.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/FatMexicanWomancropped.jpg

BJJ-Blue
03-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Who cares if she's hot at 20. Check back when she's 30.

I thought you liked them thick? ;)

Lucas
03-16-2011, 03:30 PM
man who keeps them after 20? ewww

j/k of course lol

Sihing73
03-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Hmmmm,

I remember when I broke up with my sons mother, she was like 34 and asked me if I was going to go find me a young 25 year old. She was really ****ed when I got with my now ex-wife, she was 19 when we married.

Of course, looking back, I would have been better off with an older woman with money even if she looked like that 30 something pic :D

Money does not insure happiness but it can make misery more bearable.

MasterKiller
03-16-2011, 07:59 PM
I thought you liked them thick? ;)

I like thick, not ginormous.

Syn7
03-17-2011, 03:41 PM
is this your dream girl then MK:

http://www.bigbootytown.com/tours/bbw-judy-diamond/thumbs/big-booty-judys-big-ass-thighs-large.jpg

ok ok... is this better then:

http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/16/1945eca5b0c14a278976174ec2e0adcd/l.jpg

or

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/billyjaybob/saf47d659d3011d0.jpg

or maybe you like them white girls with big asses:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/819580/81075268.jpg

SANJURO.... Where you at???

Syn7
03-17-2011, 04:27 PM
i hate it when you want to post links but they have a censored word in the link... i wanna post one pic but the word d@mn is in the middle of the 100 character link... it changes the link to 4 stars at that part so the link doesnt work...

that censoring software is just genius... another win for vBulletin® :rolleyes:

whats the point of the censorship anyways??? nobody is penalized for going around it and writing sh!t and stuff like that... so whats the point in having it at all???

goju
03-17-2011, 05:19 PM
ill pass on every one of the girls except number 3 on the pole :D