PDA

View Full Version : Latosa Escrima

shaolin_allan
03-20-2011, 04:36 PM
I was just curious if anyone else here trains in Latosa escrima and if so do you also cross train in another art and does the power generations conflict?

Sihing73
03-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Hello,

Coming from a WT background, we used to train in Latosa Escrima as a sister art. However, I did not like some of the things like going from all weight on the rear to a front weighted stance so I opted to do Pekiti Tirisia instead. I was lucky enough to be good friends with one of Leo Gaje's people when I lived and worked in NYC, as a matter of fact that is how I met the PT guy.

So my exposure to Latosa Escrima was short lived as I decided something else fit me better. I did find that the power generation was different so I would suggest building a strong base first and then expanding to include and explore the other, but that is just my opinion.

hskwarrior
03-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I've trained in Latosa Escrima under one of Rene Latosa's senior students. No, the cross training and power differences doesn't affect my personal training but has indeed given me new insight in how to make our gung fu stronger. Latosa Escrima is all about power.

Coming from a WT background, we used to train in Latosa Escrima as a sister art. However, I did not like some of the things like going from all weight on the rear to a front weighted stance so I opted to do Pekiti Tirisia instead. I was lucky enough to be good friends with one of Leo Gaje's people when I lived and worked in NYC, as a matter of fact that is how I met the PT guy.

I've mixed my Choy Lee Fut with the Latosa Escrima i've learned.

shaolin_allan
03-21-2011, 01:36 PM
nice hskwarrior