PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Advice & Guidance @ Flystudio

LoneTiger108
03-21-2011, 03:06 AM
Advice on how to train our 1st Form, 4th Set, 1 Method.
http://www.flystudio.co.uk/media/film/film.html

My first clip was filmed in Flystudio at the weekend so I thought I'd share it with you all! Probably just lining myself up for some heavy criticism, but hey I'm getting tougher ;) Please no jokes on the silky uniform though!

Excuse the rambling too, as this is an Intro clip and was shot from the hip, but I think some will find it interesting as its kinda linked to the wooden man thread and it gives one example of why ours has 'un-even' arms.

Enjoy! :D

Violent Designs
03-21-2011, 03:15 AM
you look like someone that trains the people who trains people how to kill people.

LoneTiger108
03-21-2011, 03:21 AM
you look like someone that trains the people who trains people how to kill people.

:D;):cool: Shhhh!

But to be clear...

I don't do that!

LoneTiger108
03-21-2011, 12:32 PM
We all have teachers that have taught us bs from time to time, but I assure you there is a tan for high, mid and low as I describe and it's within my 4th set of SLT but thanks for the honesty (as always!)

anerlich
03-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Please no jokes on the silky uniform though!

The hairdo is a far more fertile subject in that regard.

Nothing personal, but you have been shown a lot of bs....

Nothing personal but we probably all have to some degree, even the mighty WSL and PB guys ...

LoneTiger108
03-22-2011, 03:06 AM
I have my idea already. It's written down, in 40 points to maintain clarification.

Why not just comment on the wooden man drill? Or is it just bs to you because it's not familiar? I'm interested.

Students who I have trained with, or who have been taught by my Sifu, totally understand it and it's reasoning. In fact our whole SLT goes into the wood in a similar fashion.

LoneTiger108
03-22-2011, 03:09 AM
The hairdo is a far more fertile subject in that regard.

I agree! :D

This is what happens when your hairdresser has a baby!!

GlennR
03-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Credit to Spencer for putting a video up (even if we disagree on plenty of things), so im looking forward to your video entitled "the idea......"

Im sure we'll all have fun then.

LoneTiger108
03-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Credit to Spencer for putting a video up (even if we disagree on plenty of things)...

Thanks GlennR. One of my reasons for starting my Flystudio project is for open exchange, so of course I would also luv to see Kevs 'idea' on film too ;)

I will share more clips here too (no matter how much everyone disagrees!) as and when they're uploaded.

LoneTiger108
03-28-2011, 05:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/FLYstudio108

Here's my latest little clip up on Youtube for all you guys with an 'open mind'. Of course I like a bit of constructive criticism, but if you're not willing to have an open exchange, ie. put up a clip of yourself that backs up your critique, then please just start another thread for your moans!! ;)

"FLYfilm No. 2
Entering the Wooden Man

Before deciding exactly what content I share online I go through a rehearsal phase. Most of these rehearsals are shot at night and this is one of my first test shoots that involved using additional lighting.

Toksau Chongkuen was one of the first entry techniques I learnt on the wooden man during my time training Jun Mo Wing Chun. I still visit my Sifu today, and he still teaches this unique subset he refers to as Muifajong - Plum Flower Wooden Man."

Happy training :)

Hendrik
03-28-2011, 08:44 AM
You must be loving what you are doing.

from loving there is always good things.

chusauli
03-28-2011, 09:41 AM
That is Gu Lao WCK!

What are your 40 points that you mention, Spencer?

LoneTiger108
03-28-2011, 11:53 AM
That is Gu Lao WCK!

What are your 40 points that you mention, Spencer?

Do you mean the wooden man clip? That's Jun Mo Wing Chun, Lee Shing Family! ;)

The 40 Yau Dim, important points, is a set of 40 lines outlining training practises we use at The Yum Yeurng Academy. My Sifu also has other sets of literature that are similar which he uses as as his Induction curricullum. It's not Gu Lao WCK fme but it's a similar method to teaching.

LoneTiger108
04-14-2011, 08:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK8-36p4gow

This is one of the first test clips that my 9 year old son filmed for me in Flystudio! If you're interested, the 'logo' or salutation at the beginning and end of the set is the signature of The Yum Yeurng Academy, and very common in Shaolin arts. We use it as a therapy of the Wing Chun seed and to identify the left and right sides individually, building strong coordination from the beginning.

Excuse the yelp! at the end :D

LoneTiger108
05-18-2011, 12:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1e_SvP3dQ&feature=channel_video_title

FlyFilm No.3
Wing Chun Snake & Crane Interaction

My third upload from Flystudio is a clip that was filmed when I was visited by my European cousins! Here I 'casually' exchange an idea expressing the simple nature of basic interactive training that explores the Snake and Crane of Wing Chun: The Snake being stationary, standing ground whilst the Crane moves lightly around testing the Snakes defense of the three faces of square, slant and side body alignments.

I had a great time exchanging with fellow Lee Shing Family practitioners, and this training idea was only one of many that we discussed and trained. :)

LoneTiger108
08-15-2013, 03:24 PM
As I am quite open about how I practise and like to share, can you tell me what you see from one of my clips? Can you see the stake jong method in use during our rehearsal?

http://youtu.be/uivhImHH4hw

I ask that you notice why we 'jump' and pull our feet together at the end of the SLT set, as this is an indicator that we practise on the plum flower posts. Also during the set look how loose the upper & lower body is, it remains solid yet soft and natural, given away by the gentle rocking of the body, again an indicator that we do exaggerate for performances.

The Snake & Crane interaction is also one of our main methods to develop the YJKYM. The snake being myself and Barry (the stationary guys) and the cranes being the students moving across us with various hand sets. This is our signature Looksau training, which revolves the seed of bong, tan and fook in a compliant interactive drill. No attack or defence. Just pure mobile fusion This helps the body get used to the 'aliveness' of the fight and make the tiny adjustments needed to remain in fusion with our training partners.

There are moments when me and B stand back to back and begin to apply small tests for the students to receive before going into further single man drills and the final attack and defence exercises.

I am fully aware of how different we look to the regular Wing Chun we can all see online and this is just one of our reasons for creating small troupes like this for demonstrations. I feel we give a good image of our Wing Chun system taught by our Sifu, and it is a nice representation of the Lee Shing Family although others may well disagree.

I leave it for you to spend 10mins to see if what I am saying makes any sense to you or anyone else here at all...

k gledhill
08-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Link says error in validation ?

KPM
08-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Link says error in validation ?

Yep. I got the same thing..."video does not exist."

Shads
08-16-2013, 12:16 AM
"FLYfilm No. 2
Entering the Wooden Man

You shouldn't be "entering the wooden man" the holes are for the leg and arms you sicko:p

LoneTiger108
08-16-2013, 02:25 AM
You shouldn't be "entering the wooden man" the holes are for the leg and arms you sicko:p

Listen if people can do half the stuff I see on the wooden man these days I think I can do what the hell I like lol!

Seriously I aint fussy... Level arms, knotted knees I will enter all of em :D

Graham H
08-16-2013, 02:42 AM

Is that why you spend so much time in Soho?

Jansingsang
08-16-2013, 02:57 AM
Listen if people can do half the stuff I see on the wooden man these days I think I can do what the hell I like lol!

Forget all that why not get the link working, and stop fluffing about typical never Simple direct thinking Spencer :rolleyes:

LoneTiger108
08-16-2013, 05:32 AM
Forget all that why not get the link working, and stop fluffing about typical never Simple direct thinking Spencer :rolleyes:

Wah! Why the impatience lol!?? It's nothing I haven't shared here before and I just added this post to my old thread for archiving... simple!

Link fixed! :D

LoneTiger108
08-16-2013, 05:44 AM
Here's a date for the diary... only a small workshop I am hosting in my back yard and limited spaces so look out for more regular monthly promotions from yours truly... respects to all

https://www.facebook.com/events/436603819787162/

Graham H
08-16-2013, 05:57 AM
Here is something a long the same lines........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xCP3lAzFoI

LoneTiger108
08-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Here is something a long the same lines........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xCP3lAzFoI

:D If only we could make as much money for our stage show eh??!! But not bloody likely!!

Why not waste your time on other threads rather than stalking me in your heels and glitter jacket???

Jansingsang
08-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Wah! Why the impatience lol!?? It's nothing I haven't shared here before and I just added this post to my old thread for archiving... simple!

Link fixed! :D

Wish i never bothered now I want my min and a half back mate Seen that load of cobblers before :(

LoneTiger108
08-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Wish i never bothered now I want my min and a half back mate Seen that load of cobblers before :(

Now didn't I tell you that already?

Doesn't bother me that you think it's cobblers, everyone is entitled to their own opinions especially when they remain anonymous, it makes it all so much more meaningful :rolleyes:

Jansingsang
08-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Now didn't I tell you that already?

Doesn't bother me that you think it's cobblers, everyone is entitled to their own opinions especially when they remain anonymous, it makes it all so much more meaningful :rolleyes:

What Everrrrrr Cobblers IS Cobblers... Do like the music though :D

LoneTiger108
08-17-2013, 01:41 AM
What Everrrrrr Cobblers IS Cobblers... Do like the music though :D

I guess there's no point in me asking you why you think its cobblers then? But being a Londoner you know I'm always up for exchanging and meeting new chunners so why not come up to NW and I will put the music on and you can show me what you do :D

Jansingsang
08-17-2013, 01:55 AM
I guess there's no point in me asking you why you think its cobblers then? But being a Londoner you know I'm always up for exchanging and meeting new chunners so why not come up to NW and I will put the music on and you can show me what you do :D

Ill pass on that Spencer could never keep up with you guys, and all the theatrics". & Disco dancing :eek: :D

LoneTiger108
08-17-2013, 02:03 AM
Ill pass on that Spencer could never keep up with you guys, and all the theatrics". & Disco dancing :eek: :D

Lol! How did I know you would say that!?? Such disco dancing is very good for the health and can be slowed down for beginners if you like! There a lot less theatrics in training too dude... Er... The clip was a rehearsal for a show!??