PDA

View Full Version : Jon 'Bones' Jones

Syn7
03-21-2011, 03:30 PM
well im glad shogun is gon... i never saw him as the best so it annoyed me that he had the title... he shouldve been fighting in the ufc 6 or 7 years ago when he was an absolute killer...

i dont think rashad has a chance at beating jones...

jones, greg jackson and mike winkeljohn took down a mugger a few hours before the fight... i can imagine the horror in greg jacksons mind when jones engaged the robber... jackson took over real quick to protect his fighter... legally and physically... his day was too important to lose over legal bullsh1t, or heaven forbid he should roll his ankle or break his hand or something...

the other fights were all good... both miller fights were good... lil bro is the real champ in the fam tho...

nice too see faber doing well in his new class... he should have been in 135 all along... i suspect he was only light and feather because of lack of options when he started and then he just went with it... anyways, nice too see him at a more competitive weight...

sanjuro_ronin
03-22-2011, 06:20 AM
Mirco really needs to retire, seriously.
Good on Jones, seems like a nice kid.

GeneChing
03-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Before beating Shogun, he had a Successful Street Application (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49825). Gotta love this!

UFC Star Takes Down Robber Before Fight (http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/19/ufc-john-bones-jones-shogun-robber-subdue-figure-four-leg-lock-patterson-new-jersey/)
3/19/2011 2:44 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Jon "Bones" Jones -- who has a huge UFC fight tonight in New Jersey with Shogun Rua -- just subdued a robber with an awesome fighting move -- TMZ has learned.

Jones was doing what has become his ritual before a fight ... he was meditating at a park in Patterson, NJ when he heard a woman scream, "I've been robbed!"

Jones began chasing the man for a good distance. When the fighter caught up with the alleged robber, he knocked the guy's legs out from under him, then placed him in a figure-four leg lock until Paterson cops arrived.

Jones' fight tonight -- UFC 128 -- is in Newark.

Jones tells TMZ, "It was a great pre-fight warm-up for me!"

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/03/19/0319-jon-bones-jones-twitter.jpg

UPDATE: Jones tweeted about the incident, and even posted a photo (see below) his driver took of the aftermath. He wrote, "I caught him....Coach Jackson finished him ... It feels so good to help others. It gives me power and energy."

Syn7
03-23-2011, 07:08 AM
did you even read the thread before you put that up?

GeneChing
03-24-2011, 09:47 AM
I actually posted it on that other thread initially, but then moved it when I saw your thread here, Syn7. I only changed my 'minimum text sentence' to link it back to that other thread. I suppose I should have been more responsive to your initial post.

Bones Jones is on Leno tonight.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 (http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/episode-guide/)
First Guest
Kirstie Alley

Second Guest
Jon "Bones" Jones

Music Act
Peter, Bjorn and John

Episode 4011

MasterKiller
03-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Jones is seriously missing the boat on his nickname.

http://www.digitalbusstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Martian-Manhunter.jpg

Syn7
03-28-2011, 08:08 PM
if it was your choice what would you pick???

i dunno if i could choose my own... ive never chosen a name for myself, its always given... even my login name was given to me by friends... ive spent alot of time in the music industry and i always got a kick out of all the names people choose for themselves,,, especially the toughguy gansgter rapper types... good stuff...

Lucas
03-29-2011, 11:57 AM
just use the wu tang name generator lol. id link but the domain is blocked at work.

thats how i got my title thing under my name here lol

Shaolin
03-29-2011, 02:53 PM
just use the wu tang name generator lol. id link but the domain is blocked at work.

thats how i got my title thing under my name here lol

http://www.mess.be/inickgenwuname.php

Lucas
03-29-2011, 03:35 PM
haha thanks bro. freaking blocked domains :mad:

Syn7
03-31-2011, 08:34 PM
now rashad evens is crying about jones taking the fight... i think he may have even left jacksons camp over it... thats a mistake... i never liked rashad evans, his such a c0cky pr1ck... jones is a nice guy... i see him beating rashad anyways... i could never be friends with a person like evans... suck a d1ck...

Syn7
04-07-2011, 12:23 PM
wow... rashad evans is such a egomaniac d!ckface... this guy is supposed to be his friend and now that jones has the title, evans is being like a big baby who lost his bottle... ive never liked rashad... pretty much every time i read about him or see him on tv he gives me another reason to think he's a d1ck... he's so much worse now compared to when he started tho... i remember his woman too, soooo annoying... every evans fight, all you hear is this constant high pitched wail from what seems to be a crazed fan but its his woman... it was so bad that rashad had to ask her to be quiet after they got a bunch of hate mail and death threats... lol, yeah death threats... she was that annoying hahaha...

Brule
04-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Don't know if you watched the TUF season with him, but i didn't like how he acted in the ring. Too much showboating. First impressions are hard to erase.

Syn7
08-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Pus$y or shrewd for ducking sonnen at 151? I dunno. He shoulda done it anyways, he could've demanded a rematch clause. I guess the new Nike sponsor has gone to his head. I'm rooting for Belfort now. Can't see it happening tho. I wanna see Jones Sonnen. That's the fight to see. Unless hendo can heal fast and get back in it, sonnen is a great test for jones. I lost all respect for that kid. Yeah he has talent, but his heart is weaksauce.

Frost
08-31-2012, 01:34 AM
Sonnen is a big mouth idiot who will get creamed by jones, if he couldn’t take Silva down in the second round, or do any damage in the first when he did get him down what on earth can he do to jones (who is probably a better wrestler than sonnen anyway)

If by some miracle he does get him down I can see Jones doing more damage from guard bottom with elbows than sonnen can from top lol

Why didn’t he take the fight, don’t think it was his call Jackson to be honest is known for planning fights specifically around his fighters opponents game plan and didn’t like the last minute switch so pulled the plug

These are pro fighters respect has nothing to do with it money and earning power does (and seriously like he cares what some fans think)

Sonnen had everything to gain and Jones everything to lose. Sonnen probably knew the fight never was going to be taken so he gets some free publicity, if by some act of god it happened and he won jones would be the guy who couldn’t even beat an out of shape unprepared fighter making his first appearance at that weight and go the way of Machida et al and see his earning drop through the floow and his chances of being seen as the best pound for pound go. IF Jones won so what he just beat an unprepared fighter who has never fought at that weight before big deal, so why take the match?

goju
08-31-2012, 03:17 AM
nope he was scheduled to fight hendo, a fighter should not have too jump on board fighting another guy on short notice i he or she doesnt wish too.

It is the ufcs fault they are over saturating the market by making too many cards where the whole event depends on the single main event fight to sell. Further the ufcs lack pf professionalism shined clearly when they immediately announced lyoto would be rematching jones and they didn't even so much as notify machida that this was happening lol.

further the shael fight was pointless. He is going to end up as a wash out from the org sooner rather than later and a fight with Jones would merely allow him to cash in and secure a stable financial future for himself before they drop him.

Syn7
08-31-2012, 11:37 PM
good point about the saturation. That was my first thought when it was canceled, "wtf, was that the only fight people wanted to see?"

Still, I think Jones should have taken the fight. Sonnen is a lot more like Hendo than a ton of other cats so he would have atleast have some training for aggressive wrestlers. Sonnens blast may have gotten Jones but he can get back up I'm sure. I think Jones would have kicked his ass, he should've taken the fight with a rematch clause. Nobody would have thought any worse of him if he lost on such short notice and he would get his rematch, even a rubber match if need be, and get his belt back. Shake up a rather boring weight class.

I really did wanna see hendo Jones tho. Can't count out Dan Henderson. Everytime you think he's finally done, he pulls out a big win. Dude is a survivor for sure. Would have been a potentially great test for Jones. But Hendo when he's bad, he's bad.

Now we have to hear Sonnen cry for six months about how everyone is ducking him. Shoulda taken the fight... argghhh.

HumbleWCGuy
09-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Fighting is a business too. We would all like to see certain fights. If it were just about honor, I would have to believe that these fights would occur more readily. However, other things are involved.

Syn7
09-02-2012, 06:11 PM
yeah, like the whole card collapsing cause one fight didn't happen means all those cats that paid for camp have no purse to pay off the debt. And if they get back on another card they will have to start from scratch again. That isn't Jones fault, that's the UFC's fault. A whole card shouldn't be depending on one fight to be a card people will pay to see.

I still think Jones should have taken the fight. I have much more respect for a champion that will fight anyone anywhere anytime than the kind who calculates his fights to support an agenda of looking good and getting sponsors. That is what killed boxing. MMA has stayed relatively pure by being a hard way to make a living. As that changes and the biz commercializes and people like Jones come along and start putting up a polished front that takes precedence over the sport. It's bullsh1t. It's weak, and I lost a ton of respect for the guy. Especially since if he is really as good as people think he is, he would have walked thru Sonnen in one, maybe two rounds. I think Sonnen would have gotten take downs but would have done no damage and Jones would've got up fast and made Sonnen pay for shooting in so fast and hard. Ultimately ending in a long limbed KO, probably from the hands, but maybe a knee catching him coming in.

But no, he ducked it and gave Sonnen all the ammo he needed to whine for another year. Now he may have to fight Sonnen anyways later on, but a more prepared, in shape and MUCH HEAVIER Sonnen will be a harder challenge. He should've just gotten it over with. His sponsors slogan is "Just Do It" :rolleyes: Irony.

Rematch clause what? :confused:

HumbleWCGuy
09-02-2012, 08:29 PM
yeah, like the whole card collapsing cause one fight didn't happen means all those cats that paid for camp have no purse to pay off the debt. And if they get back on another card they will have to start from scratch again. That isn't Jones fault, that's the UFC's fault. A whole card shouldn't be depending on one fight to be a card people will pay to see.
:

Dana White has always been too quick to bad mouth fighters. It hurts promotions to casual fans. I think.

Syn7
09-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Just another dent in the already beaten reputation of Dana White and the UFC. It's too bad they ended up being such self righteous douchebags. They really did have something going there for awhile. But that was years ago, today they are nothing more than control freaks with a monopoly.

SoCo KungFu
09-02-2012, 11:11 PM
I support Jones' decision even if for one reason only. It exposed Dana and the UFC's gold digging. They backed themselves into a corner. They could have still held the event. They were already booked, the ads have been paid and aired. Tickets were bought. Yeah, they'd have lost out on a lot of PPV sales most likely. Except most people these days just go to the bar and watch anyways, and commercial subscriptions aren't based on 1 time purchases. UFC already has them on the hook. How much money did UFC lose out by canning the event? Was it more than they would have lost by simply going through with it? And Dana wants to make Jones the scapegoat? Nah Fk him.

Besides, Sonnen just lost a title fight. He's got no business jumping in another one.

People are hating on Bones and calling him this and that...honestly, I think it took more balls for someone to finally, truly not only stand up to Dana but the entire UFC executive machine Fertitta bros and all. Fighters are smartening up. UFC is a business and it shouldn't surprise people when fighters begin utilizing some business sense in response. And you know, fight vs career. Jones will now have to deal with a lot more than potentially losing a fight. That takes balls. He won't be the last, he's just the first to step up, go against the norm.

GeneChing
01-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Maybe 'Bones' should be changed to 'blow'.

UFC champion Jon Jones announces he's entered a drug treatment facility (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-champion-jon-jones-enters-into-a-drug-treatment-facility-214520325.html)
Kevin Iole
By Kevin Iole 2 hours ago Cagewriter
\
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/dA1ZV7mJi7xQoeyuw1AioQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTY0MDtpbD1wbGFuZTtweW 9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz05NjA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/ufc-182-jones-v-cormier-20150104-074638-259.jpg
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones announced Tuesday that he has entered a drug treatment facility. (Getty)

LAS VEGAS – UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones announced Tuesday that he has entered a drug treatment facility.

The announcement came just days after Jones defeated Daniel Cormier on Saturday in the main event of UFC 182 at the MGM Grand Garden in a five-round decision that left many considering him as the greatest mixed martial arts fighter of all time.

But in a random drug test given to him on Dec. 4 by the Nevada Athletic Commission, Jones tested positive for benzoylecgonine, the main metabolite in cocaine.

The Nevada commission follows the World Anti-Doping Agency code and benzoylecgonine is not banned out-of-competition. As a result, the commission was unable to penalize Jones or prevent him from fighting despite knowing of the positive test.

It conducted a follow-up test later in December that Jones passed. Yahoo Sports was unable to get the exact date of the second test that Jones passed.

Jones released a statement to Yahoo Sports through his attorney acknowledging his problem.

"With the support of my family, I have entered into a drug treatment facility. I want to apologize to my fiancée, my children, as well as my mother, father, and brothers for the mistake that I made. I also want to apologize to the UFC, my coaches, my sponsors and equally important to my fans. I am taking this treatment program very seriously. Therefore, at this time my family and I would appreciate privacy."

The UFC released the following statement in regards to Jones:

“We support UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones’ decision to enter a drug treatment facility to address his recent issue. While we are disappointed in the failed test, we applaud him for making this decision to enter a drug treatment facility. Jon is a strong, courageous fighter inside the Octagon, and we expect him to fight this issue with the same poise and diligence. We commend him on his decision, and look forward to him emerging from this program a better man as a result.”

Nevada commission chairman Francisco Aguilar said the commission is going to discuss out-of-competition drug tests at its next meeting and whether to break from the WADA code in similar situations.

"I am pleased that Mr. Jones is addressing this issue and seeking help for his problem," Aguilar said.

The test given to Jones was analyzed for anabolic agents, peptide hormones, growth factors and related substances, beta-2 agonists, hormone and metabolic modulators, diuretics and other masking agents, stimulants, narcotics, canabinoids and glucocorticosteroids.

GeneChing
01-07-2015, 09:29 AM
It might deserve it's own thread.

There are embeded vids if you follow the link.

Jon Jones' cocaine revelation shows contradictions in UFC drug policy (http://www.si.com/mma/2015/01/06/jon-jones-cocaine-rehab)

UFC champion Jon Jones enters rehab after positive cocaine test
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has entered a drug treatment facility after testing positive for cocaine in December, according to a Yahoo Sports report.

BY JEFF WAGENHEIM
Posted: Wed Jan. 7, 2015

The career-defining moments keep on coming for Jon Jones.

Three days after the weekend’s stirring victory over a vaunted opponent in an anticipated grudge match, the UFC light heavyweight champion announced Tuesday that he had entered a drug treatment facility after testing positive for the main metabolite of cocaine.

The stunning development was first reported by Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports, who detailed a random drug test conducted by the Nevada Athletic Commission in which benzoylecgonine was detected in the fighter’s system. The test was conducted Dec. 4, 30 days before UFC 182, the Las Vegas fight card where Jones was scheduled to defend his title against two-time Olympian wrestler Daniel Cormier.

That time frame is key. The Nevada commission follows testing protocols of the World Anti-Doping Agency, under which benzoylecgonine is not banned out of competition. Therefore, the commissioners did not prevent Jones from fighting -- he handed Cormier his first defeat, via unanimous decision, on Saturday -- or otherwise penalize him.

Naturally, when an athlete fails a drug test and is allowed to compete a few weeks later, eyebrows will be raised. Jones vs. Cormier was a big-money fight between the sport’s crème de la crème, and its profile was elevated considerably when the fighters brawled at a summertime press conference. They insulted and threatened each other on national television later that day, and kept the acrimony brewing throughout the fall.

On fight night, UFC president Dana White gleefully proclaimed that pay-per-view buys appeared to be surpassing his earlier estimate of 750,000, a number the fight promotion had reached barely a dozen times in its two-decade history. If this ballyhooed bout had been canceled, it would have been a kick to the gut -- and wallet -- for the UFC. And the State of Nevada wouldn’t have received its cut.

However, according to the Yahoo report, the fight was allowed to go on only after Jones was tested later in December and passed. Commission chairman Francisco Aguilar also told Iole that at its next meeting the sanctioning body will consider straying from the WADA code, particularly as it relates to out-of-competition testing.

The Jones news drew some harsh reaction, not all of it aimed at the fighter. On social media, fans and fighters alike raised the specter of a double standard in a sport where athletes -- of a lesser status than Jones, that is -- have been fined, suspended, had victories taken away, even been fired from their jobs after testing positive for recreational substances. Now, few would disagree that the drug policies at athletic commissions and within the UFC have been askew. Until recently, fighters were being punished harshly for using marijuana -- hardly a performance-enhancing drug for elite athletics -- but could receive authorization to inject synthetic testosterone, a virtual fountain of youth.

The disparity between the consequences fighters typically face for drug-test failures and the lack of formal sanctions faced by Jones can be reconciled by taking into account the variables: when the tests take place, what drugs are found in the athlete’s system, etc. PEDs typically are banned in and out of competition; cocaine, apparently only in competition. So when former UFC lightweight Melvin Guillard was suspended for eight months and fined $2,100 by the Nevada commission after testing positive for cocaine back in 2007, it was because the drug was detected in a urine test he undertook shortly before stepping into the cage to do battle.

Still, that the Nevada commission and the UFC knew the result of Jones’s test prior to the Saturday’s big fight and kept it under wraps does sully everyone involved, even if there were legal parameters -- not just moneymaking concerns -- compelling officials to bite their tongues.

There are so many contradictions here, really. For Jones to have performed with the violent virtuosity that he did, all the while knowing that the Sword of Damocles was hovering above his head -- is a testament to his extraordinary mental focus. Yet that same person apparently fell prey to cocaine.

Even in the absence of commission sanctions, Jones did not escape unscathed by being allowed to fight over the weekend. Weeks after signing a sponsorship deal with Reebok and just one day after being featured on Forbes magazine’s “30 Under 30” list of the “brightest young stars” in sports -- along with Neymar, Chris Paul, and J.J. Watt, to name a few -- Jones saw his public image take a nerve-rattling jolt.

The 27-year-old Jones (21-1) should be used to it by now. He has been raked over the coals throughout his career, with amorphous accusations -- he’s fake! he’s arrogant! -- having swirled around him ever since he became the youngest champion in UFC history in 2011.

Of course, there have been specific indiscretions as well. The most serious was a 2012 auto accident near his home in upstate New Year that resulted in a DUI arrest.

Later that year, Jones took a direct hit from the UFC brass. After his opponent was injured just over a week prior to their scheduled bout and Jones declined to accept a replacement challenger, UFC 151 became the first fight card ever canceled in the promotion’s history. In the aftermath of that mess, Dana White lashed out at his champion, calling it “one of the most selfish, disgusting decisions” and adding, “I don’t think this is going to make Jon Jones popular with the fans, sponsors, cable distributors, television network executives, or other fighters.”

On Tuesday, White and the UFC -- which obviously has a significant stake in Jones’s future -- took a more supportive stance. “I am proud of Jon Jones for making the decision to enter a drug treatment facility,” the company president said in a statement issued by the UFC. “I’m confident that he’ll emerge from this program like the champion he truly is.”

The UFC’s official statement was similar in tone, while expressing that the promotion was “disappointed in the failed test.”

A more surprising vote of support came from Daniel Cormier. Just three nights ago, he had his dream of becoming a champion shattered by Jones, who afterward mocked his challenger’s tearful disappoint. Reached by Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting, Cormier referenced his archenemy’s family in saying, “I am aware of Jon’s test, and if there is anything to say, it is this: There are a lot of people you impact, so please let’s get it together. Good luck on your rehab!”

Jones, for his part, was contrite in a statement issued through his lawyer to Yahoo's Iole. "With the support of my family, I have entered into a drug treatment facility,” he Jones. “I want to apologize to my fiancée, my children, as well as my mother, father, and brothers for the mistake that I made. I also want to apologize to the UFC, my coaches, my sponsors, and equally important to my fans. I am taking this treatment program very seriously. Therefore, at this time my family and I would appreciate privacy.”​

GeneChing
01-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Wait, what? Bones must train like a madman to be able to keep the belt, but he couldn't last more than one night in rehab?

There are news vids if you follow the link, but the article more or less covers the important points in the vids.

EXCLUSIVE: Jon Jones' mother 'glad' he got caught (Update) (http://www.wbng.com/news/local/EXCLUSIVE-Jon-Jones-mother-glad-he-tested-positive-for-cocaine-288349161.html)
By Travis Eldridge
By Photographer Bryan McSorley
January 12, 2015 Updated Jan 13, 2015 at 6:47 PM EST

Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Endicott's Chandler and Arthur Jones are set to square off in this weekend's AFC Championship game, just two weeks after brother Jon defended his UFC light heavyweight title. But there's an unmistakable cloud around Jon after he tested positive for cocaine and checked into rehab last week.

Jones' mother, Camille, spoke to Action Sports in an exclusive interview.

"I'm glad that this happened to Jon, this stopped him in his tracks, this let him know that he may need to change some friends, you know, because everyone is not for you for the best," said Camille Jones. "So this is a good thing as far as our family is concerned, so we wasn't upset. Me and my husband considered it a blessing from God that our child was able to be helped and know that he need to stop and know that he needed the assistance to stop before it came to something worse."

His stay in the rehab facility lasted one night, but Jones said her son is continuing his education in the program.

"As far as treatment went. It was an overnight stay and then Jon, I believe, had the option of continuing," said Camille. "I think Jon decided to continue with the education of it all."

Camille also spoke about why her son entered the rehab program. According to her, it wasn't because he had a problem with cocaine, but because of the lifestyle he had adopted.

"It helped Jon to stop in the middle of his tracks before it became something serious. And then, you know, he just had to go to rehab for not so much for the cocaine, but it was for his lifestyle, his partying lifestyle after training," she said. "That's why he wanted to get all the information he can as far as drug addiction and how it starts and some of the tell-tail signs, just to make himself a better person."

According to Camille, the unannounced drug test came the day after Jon was hanging with friends and "did something he shouldn't have done."

"When he tested positive, my first question was, do you have a problem, a serious problem?" Camille said. "And then he told me what happened. Jon is usually very honest with me, so he told me what happened. I was like, good for you... good. You needed to be caught, it was just timing.

"You know, it did not affect his game, it was not in his system during the fight, so he's still a good athlete. So before something becomes serious of it, I was glad it was nipped in the bud."

Camille also revealed that Jon will be at the AFC Championship game in Foxborough, Mass. on Sunday when his two brothers face off.

Action Sports reached out to Jon Jones's manager for comment, but the call has not been returned.

GeneChing
01-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Dana the diplomat....:rolleyes:

UFC boss Dana White refutes Jon Jones rehab reports (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/other/ultimate_fighting/2015/01/ufc_boss_dana_white_refutes_jon_jones_rehab_report s)

http://www.bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/full/public/media/2012/09/19/2c52ec_20jonjones.jpg?itok=wJb8SFa9&c=f37c94d80be6acdd19eca4622f8ec1d5
Photo by:
Boston Herald photo

Thursday, January 15, 2015

By:
Jack Encarnacao

UFC boss Dana White is refuting reports that light heavyweight champion Jon Jones spent only one day in rehab after testing positive for cocaine, saying that is “not necessarily the case” and that more clarification is to come from the star fighter.

“When the whole story comes out, people will understand, it will be put into perspective,” White told the Herald in an interview Wednesday ahead of UFC’s return to TD Garden Sunday night. “When Jon Jones comes out and does his interview, the truth will come out, and everyone will understand. Or they won’t, you know. Jon is a very polarizing guy, people either love him or they hate him. Either way, the truth will come out soon.”

White declined to elaborate.

Jones, 27, is expected to attend the AFC Championship game Sunday at Gillette Stadium to cheer on his younger brother, Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones.

White’s comments come after Jones’ mother Camille told WBNG in New York that her son had an “overnight stay” at a rehab clinic and had the option to stay longer, but “decided to continue with the education of it all."

Camille Jones also told the station Monday, "I'm glad that this happened to Jon, this stopped him in his tracks, this let him know that he may need to change some friends … he just had to go to rehab for not so much for the cocaine, but it was for his lifestyle, his partying lifestyle after training."

Jones, who defended his crown impressively against Daniel Cormier Jan. 3 in Las Vegas, tested positive for a cocaine metabolite in a pre-fight drug screen administered Dec. 4 by the Nevada Athletic Commission. The results were revealed after the bout, at which point Jones announced he would enter rehab.

“I am taking this treatment program very seriously,” Jones said in an apologetic statement Jan. 6, his only public comment to date on the matter.

The Nevada commission allowed Jones’ fight to go off because cocaine is not prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Code during the “out-of-competition” phase, or 12 hours before a contest. Performance enhancing drugs are banned in that period.

White defended allowing the fight to go forward despite a company code of conduct that allows the UFC to discipline fighters for “criminal offenses relating to performance-enhancing and prohibited substances, or substance abuse.” He pointed out that Jones is not charged with a crime and already had signed a contract to fight for a substantial sum.

“You can bust guys, you can fine guys, but I can’t pull him out of a fight,” White said. “That thing will be in a lawsuit in 3.5 seconds and I’ll lose. So then we don’t have a fight and I’ve still got to pay the money.”

White, who said he was "proud" of Jones for entering rehab, said he’s glad the test results came to light.

“When you start talking about cocaine and some of these other drugs, that’s hardcore stuff, man, and that’s when people need help,” White said. “So I want to know that. I wish I could know what everybody was doing, but you can’t police 567 guys year-round.”

GeneChing
01-21-2015, 10:17 AM
There were more Bones threads, but those are more about specific fights. Perhaps some day I'll link those all into this thread, just to satisfy my OCD organization needs.

I've moved the posts off of the Busted-MMA-fighters-and-fights (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?52219-Busted-MMA-fighters-and-fights&p=1280127#post1280127) thread here as this is a developing story.

UFC star Jon Jones opens up on his positive cocaine test (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/ufc-star-jon-jones-cocaine-test-interview)
By: NICK SCHWARTZ 22 hours ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421782837&x-yt-cl=84359240&v=-8A6F5XOTl8

Days after Jon Jones beat Daniel Cormier at UFC 182, he checked into a drug treatment facility after it was revealed that Jones had tested positive for cocaine in early December. In a one-on-one interview with Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones revealed that he had experimented with cocaine in the past, but does not believe that he has a drug problem.

“Were you ever worried that you would have been suspended or not allowed to fight at UFC 182?

Yeah, it did cross my mind, being suspended or not able to fight — but, you know, once I got to weigh-ins or whatnot, I just realized that no one had said anything to be about it. I maybe thought the test didn’t pick it up or something.

Why would you do that so close to the fight?

That’s the big question: Why would you do that right before your fight? I definitely don’t have an excuse, I’m not here to make excuses for what happened. I did it, you know, basically at a party. I think a coward would sit here and try to come up with this elaborate reason to try to blame something. I’m not going to do that. I’m not going to blame my friends, I’m not going to blame pressure or stress. What I will say is that I messed up. It wasn’t a mistake, I can’t call it a mistake necessarily because I consciously did it.

How often had you used cocaine up until that point?

I had done it before, quite a few times in college I had experimented with it. But that’s really it. Mainly just college it was something I dipped and dabbed into, but it was never really an issue.”

GeneChing
01-28-2015, 09:43 AM
Let's just move on to the next fight. Never mind any failed drug tests....:rolleyes:

Jon Jones’ biggest problem now has nothing to do with cocaine (http://nypost.com/2015/01/26/jon-jones-biggest-problem-now-has-nothing-to-do-with-cocaine/)
By Matt McNultyJanuary 26, 2015 | 10:16am

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/ufc1.jpg
Anthony Johnson reacts after defeating Alexander Gustafsson in a UFC light heavyweight bout on Jan. 24 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Photo: Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

Days after Jon Jones was revealed to have tested positive for cocaine and lost his Nike sponsorship, a new problem as emerged for UFC’s most renowned champion.
Anthony “Rumble” Johnson has earned a shot at his light heavyweight belt, and that’s a scary prospect, especially after his performance against Alexander Gustaffson in Sweden on Saturday night.
Johnson took on the Swede in his own backyard, and managed to become the first man to ever finish Gustaffson with strikes. This is the same Gustaffson who took Jones to the brink of defeat back at UFC 165, in a fight many thought Jones lost.
A title shot against Jones was hanging in the balance going into the main event in Stockholm, with Gustaffson lobbying for a rematch and Johnson looking to get a first crack at the belt.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/ufc2.jpg
Johnson pummels Gustafsson en route to his KO victory.

Gustaffson came out strong and landed a series of leg kicks before the action was halted due to an inadvertent eye poke to Johnson during an exchange.
Johnson hurt and dropped Gustaffson within seconds after the referee restarted the action. Johnson followed him to the mat with heavy strikes, and the fight was eventually called off amid Rumble’s brutal onslaught.
For a fighter who began his career at welterweight (170 pounds), it’s interesting to see Johnson fight at 205, the weight class he should have resided in all along.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/ufc3.jpg
Controversial champ Jon Jones

After a middling career at welterweight, marred by submission losses to much smaller fighters such as Josh Koscheck and Rich Clementi, Johnson has really reinvented himself.
Now, Johnson has positioned himself to fight a champion embroiled in controversies and distractions. Jones reportedly spent a single day in out-patient treatment for his drug use, and now it looks like time to go to work in the gym.
Because if Johnson is knocking out guys who haven’t been knocked out before. Much like the current champ.

GeneChing
04-27-2015, 08:16 AM
Well, here's a story worth following for a while...:o

UFC champion Jon Jones suspect in Albuquerque hit-and-run (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/26/jon-jones-ufc-champion-sought-hit-and-run-investig/)

Title defense against Anthony Johnson next month canceled: Report

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2015/01/04/80ba997ba6183e006a0f6a70670064eb_c0-251-4932-3125_s561x327.jpg?83701476f0c001497b2cc82c39ef22a0 7c711bd6
Jon Jones celebrates after defeating Daniel Cormier during their light heavyweight title mixed martial arts bout at UFC 182, Saturday, Jan. 3, 2015, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/John Locher)

By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Sunday, April 26, 2015

UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon “Bones” Jones is being sought as a suspect in a hit-and-run accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and a title defense set for next month in Las Vegas has reportedly been canceled.

Mr. Jones is being sought a Sunday morning crash, the Albuquerque Police Department said in a statement Sunday evening after having declared him merely a “person of interest” earlier in the day.

Albuquerque PD spokesman Simon Drobik told reporter Mark Raimondi of the website MMA Fighting that a pregnant woman in her 20s had her car struck and was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

The driver of the other car fled the scene, he said.

“Yes, he is the suspect and we’re hoping that he will contact us to give us his side of the story,” Officer Drobik told the site.

Police in Albuquerque, where Mr. Jones trains, had not been able to get in contact with the fighter and did not know his current whereabouts.

Fox Sports’ Ariel Helwani said others are having difficulty locating Mr. Jones.

“All the closest sources I know to JBJ have not spoken to him in over 24 hours,”he wrote on Twitter.

The repercussions were already happening Sunday evening, according to MMA Weekly.

“Light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is out of his scheduled UFC 187 title fight against Anthony Johnson. Sources confirmed the development to MMAWeekly.com on Sunday,” the popular fight-news site wrote.

But according to Yahoo Sports, UFC president Dana White has not decided what to do about the Johnson title fight, saying the world’s top mixed-martial-arts organization was still trying to gather the facts and speak with its champion.

Earlier reports by MMA bloggers said Mr. Jones had been arrested on DUI charges and that police found drugs in his car.

But Officer Drobik told MMA reporter David Kano both that Mr. Jones was not in custody Sunday evening and that the drug reports are absolutely not true. “I don’t know where the hell that came form,” Officer Drobik said.

A call and two emails to the Albuquerque PD by The Washington Times were not responded to.

Mr. Jones has been light-heavyweight champion for more than four years, has successfully defended it eight times, and is widely considered the sport’s best pound-for-pound fighter. His only loss was a disputed qualification against Matt Hamill, a fight he had been dominating before throwing an elbow that was illegal by a few inches because of the angle from which it was thrown.

Mr. Jones has had run-ins before with the law, driving and drugs.

In 2012, he drove his Bentley into a pole and pleaded guilty to DUI charges. In January, he tested positive for a cocaine metabolite in the sunup to a fight and checked himself into rehab, though he only stayed there one night.

“I’m not a cocaine addict by any means or not even a frequent user. I just made a really dumb decision and got caught with my pants down in this whole situation,” Mr. Jones said in an interview later.

GeneChing
04-28-2015, 05:53 PM
There's a vid if you follow the link.

Jon Jones makes first court appearance in hit-and-run case (http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/12781865/jon-jones-ufc-light-heavyweight-champion-makes-first-court-appearance-connection-hit-run)

Brett Okamoto

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones appeared in Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on Tuesday for a felony first appearance, stemming from a hit-and-run the fighter was allegedly involved in Sunday.

Jones, 27, has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injuries. He was taken into custody Monday night and released shortly after on $2,500 bond.

He did not enter a plea or speak during Tuesday's court appearance, according to the court's public information officer Camille Cordova. Jones remains released under standard conditions, including restricted use of alcohol and other drugs. Judge Maria Dominguez did not increase the amount of Jones' bond.

A future court hearing has not been scheduled at this time. The district attorney will decide whether to move forward with the case, which would then play out before a grand jury.

Jones' attorney Vincent Ward successfully requested that Dominguez not place any travel restrictions on his client.

Jones (21-1) is scheduled to defend his title against Anthony Johnson at UFC 187 on May 23 in Las Vegas. UFC has not made any announcement regarding Jones' status for that event. On Monday, a UFC official told ESPN.com the promotion was still "in the process of gathering facts."

Jones willingly turned himself in to Albuquerque police Monday after an off-duty police officer identified him fleeing the scene of a three-car accident, which occurred after the vehicle Jones was allegedly driving ran a red light and collided into another car. Witnesses said a man fitting Jones' description ran away from the car, stopped and returned to grab a "large handful of cash" before fleeing.

The driver of the car that was first hit, a 25-year-old pregnant woman, suffered a fractured arm and wrist, according to police reports.

Responding officers found a marijuana pipe with marijuana inside it along with documents belonging to Jones in the vehicle that caused the wreck.

ESPN reached out to Jones' camp for comment Sunday night, but representatives have yet to respond. Jones moved to Albuquerque, the base of his longtime gym, Jackson-Winkeljohn MMA, full time earlier this year.

In May 2012, Jones was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after he crashed his Bentley into a telephone pole in Binghamton, New York. Jones pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor DWI charge and avoided jail time.

In early December, Jones was tested positive for metabolites of cocaine while training for his bout against Daniel Cormier. Jones was allowed to compete because the test was conducted out of competition, and he beat Cormier via unanimous decision.

When the failed drug test became public after the fight, Jones publicly apologized for a "mistake." He admitted himself to a drug treatment center for one day and underwent outpatient therapy.

Jones has defended the 205-pound title eight times since becoming the youngest champion in UFC history in March 2011.

sanjuro_ronin
04-29-2015, 06:27 AM
He got stripped of his title.
http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Fighting/UFC/2015/04/29/22370626.html

In an unprecedented move, the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Tuesday night stripped light heavyweight champion Jon Jones of his title.

The 27-year-old Jones is one of UFC’s most popular fighters. He also is the first champion in the organization’s history to be stripped of a title due to disciplinary reasons.

UFC officials also said Jones has been suspended will not take part in UFC 187. He had been scheduled to defend his title against Anthony Johnson on May 23 in Las Vegas.

Jones was released from jail Monday night and made his first court appearance earlier in the day as he faces felony charges after being accused in a hit-and-run incident in Albuquerque, N.M.

Jones posted $2,500 bail and left the Bernalillo County Metro Detention Center on Monday night, according to the facility’s website. He is charged with driving a vehicle that hit by a 25-year-old pregnant woman.

He allegedly fled the scene and then returned to the scene only briefly to collect personal items.

He was arrested on a felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injury.

GeneChing
05-07-2015, 08:44 AM
What a disappointing conclusion to an extraordinary fight career this might be.

Jon Jones may never fight again, says manager (http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/05/06/15/jon-jones-may-never-fight-again-says-manager)
ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 05/06/2015 5:12 PM

Embattled former UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones may never return to the Octagon, according to his manager, Malki Kawa.

Jones was recently stripped of his championship and suspended indefinitely by the UFC following his felony arrest that stemmed from a hit-and-run incident in Albuquerque, Mexico.

His suspension came less than a month before he was supposed to defend his title against Anthony Johnson at UFC 187. He last fought on January 3, when he out-pointed Daniel Cormier to retain his belt at UFC 182.

"It could very well be the last time we've seen Jon Jones in the Octagon," Kawa said, as quoted by MMA Fighting from a recent interview.

"I think Jon Jones is gonna focus on Jon Jones. I think he's gonna take the time to do whatever he's gotta do," he added. "And if it's the last time we've seen him fight, it's the last time we've seen him fight."

"And I'm okay with that," he added.

Kawa told MMA Fighting that he is "50-50" on whether Jones will come back, but stressed that the decision will always be up to the fighter.

"Whatever he decides is the reason why he won't come back to the sport, but it will be solely on him. I'm not gonna blame anything or anyone for anything Jon Jones does," Kawa said.

"And no one, at the same token, can take credit for anything Jon Jones does," he also said.

Kawa also believes that even if Jones never fights in the UFC again, he will still go down as "the greatest of all time."

"No other fighter has done what he's been able to do," he said. "And I don't think anyone has been able to impact the sport the way that he has."

"The reality is, you can try to bring him down any way you want, you can see the things he's done, things he didn't do – whatever. But I really do believe at the end of the day, he's the greatest of all time inside the Octagon," he added.

"No one can take that away from him."

Jones has a 21-1 record in his MMA career. He won the UFC light heavyweight belt in March 2011 by beating Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, and defended it eight times.

GeneChing
10-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Just in time for Halloween?

Former champion Jon Jones officially reinstated to the UFC (http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-jon-jones-former-champion-reinstated-suspension-lifted-daniel-cormier-102315)
Former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been reinstated to the UFC, putting an end to his six-month suspension after he was arrested in April for his part in a hit-and-run accident in New Mexico.

http://a2.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/UFC/images/2015/10/23/102315-ufc-Jones-pi-mp.vadapt.955.high.69.jpg
The greatest light heavyweight champion of all time is headed back to the UFC.
Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC
By Damon Martin
Oct 23, 2015 at 12:00p ET

Former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been reinstated to the UFC, putting an end to his six-month suspension after he was arrested in April for his part in a hit-and-run accident in New Mexico.

UFC officials made the announcement Friday with a date still pending on Jones' first fight back in the Octagon.

“We've made it clear to Jon that this new opportunity to compete in UFC is a privilege and not a right, and that there are significant expectations we have regarding his conduct moving forward," UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta said. “We’re happy to read and see reports that he has embraced the terms of his plea agreement and is using this experience to grow and develop as a person.”

Jones was placed on an indefinite suspension after being arrested in connection with the accident. He was then stripped of his light heavyweight title as part of the punishment handed down by the UFC.

Daniel Cormier would eventually win and defend the title in Jones' absence as the former champion dealt with legal issues surrounding his case.

Jones appeared before a judge in New Mexico on Sept. 29 and pleaded guilty to one charge before being sentenced to 18 months probation as well as community service.

The law firm of Campbell and Williams was then retained to investigate the plea agreement before Jones was officially cleared on Friday.

“I am thankful to be able to do what I love once again and I look forward to proving myself as a champion in and outside of the Octagon,” Jones said in a statement.

Following his reinstatement by the UFC, Jones took to Facebook.

"I am grateful for the opportunity to resume my career and I am excited to show how much I've grown as a person outside of the Octagon. It took me losing almost everything I had worked for to realize how much I had," Jones said.

"I am blessed and humbled by the continued support of the MMA community and I can't thank my fans enough for their unwavering support through my ups and downs. This marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life and my career and let me assure you, the best is yet to come."

Jones has been promised a title shot when he comes back to the promotion, so in all likelihood he will face Cormier with the belt on the line as soon as the UFC can make the fight official with a date and location for the championship bout.

GeneChing
03-29-2016, 08:57 AM
...aw man...:rolleyes:

There's vid if you follow the link...

JON JONES CALLS COP 'F**KING LIAR, PIG' ... Apologizes (http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/28/jon-jones-calls-cop-f-king-liar-pig-apologizes-video/)
3/28/2016 12:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE
THE HEATED EXCHANGE TMZSports.com

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/11/20/update-graphic-red-bar.jpg

2:07 PM PT -- Jones just issued a statement saying, "I was not drag racing nor was I speeding. I did not get a speeding ticket. I was driving within the speed limit of the 35mph zone."
"I feel that police used a technicality to ticket me for drag racing, for simply revving my engine and acknowledging some of my local fans. I regrettably said words to the police officer out of frustration, for which I apologize for, but I do feel this was excessive."

UFC superstar Jon Jones called a police officer a "f**king liar" and a "pig" during a heated exchange in New Mexico last week ... and TMZ Sports has the footage.
It all went down when Jon was pulled over in his white Corvette on suspicion of drag racing around midnight Thursday night.
The encounter was definitely heated from the beginning -- the officer making it clear he was NOT happy with Jones.
But Jon -- who is on probation from a hit and run conviction -- doesn't take kindly to the officer's tone and starts to bark back ... at one point calling him a "f*cking liar" and a "pig."
He added, "You're despicable."
The officer replied, "I feel the same way about you sir."
Jones went on "The MMA Hour" with Ariel Helwani and later apologized -- saying he was emotional and shouldn't have said what he said.
The UFC issued a statement saying, "We are aware of the situation and are looking into the matter. We've also been in touch with Jon's team regarding the matter."
We've transcribed part of the video below ... it's pretty crazy:

Jones: "Calling my lawyer, to ask him about this paper work. I'm sure I have the right to do that, buddy ... f**kin' liar. I can't believe you."
Cop: "Well believe it, cuz I'm not joking."
Jones: "For no reason. F**king with me for no reason. What's your name?"
Cop: "Officer Brown. It's on your ticket, sir."
Jones: "Can't f**king believe you. You're ridiculous."
Cop: "Just doing my job."
Jones: "No, you're not just doing your job. You're f**kin' picking this Corvette out for no reason. Blaming me for all this sh*t that you know isn't true."
Jones: "You're ridiculous ... I used to really respect ... f**kers like you."
Cop: "You'd rather I just turn my head and let you be a nuisance to the citizens?"
Jones: "I am not a nuisance to the citizens."
Cop: "I have sworn to protect the citizens from people like you, Mr. Jones. Please don't dig around in your car."
Jones: "I was looking for a pen. Give me the f**king sh*t. Can't believe you. Ridiculous."
Cop: "Well believe it. Cuz it's the truth, sir."
Jones: "Ridiculous. You're a f**king liar. Good luck trying to prove that I was speeding because you know that I wasn't."

hskwarrior
03-29-2016, 10:46 AM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d0e_1459200637

GeneChing
03-30-2016, 10:25 AM
...when your mugshot appears on TMZ. :o

JON JONES ARRESTED FOR PROBATION VIOLATION (Mug Shot) (http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/29/jon-jones-arrested-for-probation-violation-mug-shot/)
3/29/2016 10:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/03/29/032916-john-jones-mugshot-1.jpg

11:29 AM PT -- EAG Sports, which represents Jon, just issued a statement saying, "Jon and his team are taking this very seriously and we will let the legal process play out."
"We are confident he will be released once he has an opportunity to explain to the judge the facts in this case." update_grey_gray_barJon Jones was booked in New Mexico for violating his probation moments ago -- and posed for a brand new mug shot after turning himself in ... TMZ Sports has learned.
We're told a judge had issued a warrant for the UFC star's arrest for violating the terms of his probation after he was cited for drag racing in Albuquerque last week.
Jones was sentenced to probation last year after being convicted in a hit and run case in which the UFC star crashed into a pregnant woman's car and then ran from the scene on foot.
One of the terms of Jones' probation was to not get into any trouble with the law -- and the judge felt the drag racing citation qualified as a violation.
Jones turned himself in to the Albuquerque PD at 10 AM Tuesday morning. He's currently being held at the county jail.

GeneChing
07-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Jon Jones off UFC 200 card after apparent doping violation (http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Jon-Jones-off-UFC-200-card-after-apparent-doping-8344876.php)
Greg Beacham, Ap Sports Writer Updated 9:35 am, Thursday, July 7, 2016

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/50/02/61/10497101/5/920x920.jpg
Photo: John Locher, AP
Jon Jones attends a UFC 200 mixed martial arts news conference, Wednesday, July 6, 2016, in Las Vegas. Jones is scheduled to fight Daniel Cormier in a light heavyweight championship fight at UFC 200 on ... more

LAS VEGAS (AP) — UFC interim light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was notified of a potential doping violation Wednesday night, ruling him out of his bout with Daniel Cormier in the main event of UFC 200.
A grim-faced UFC President Dana White announced the dramatic change three days before the mixed martial arts promotion's landmark show.
"He's got the chance to prove himself innocent before being called guilty," White said. "But if it's true, it's obviously super disappointing."
Jones tested positive for an unspecified banned substance in an out-of-competition sample taken June 16 by USADA, which administers the promotion's anti-drug policy. While Jones is considered the top pound-for-pound fighter in MMA, he has apparently failed drug tests around two of his past three scheduled fights.
Brock Lesnar's heavyweight bout with Mark Hunt is UFC 200's new main event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Lesnar's much-anticipated return from a 4 1/2-year MMA absence was previously the penultimate bout on the star-studded pay-per-view card assembled by the UFC for its biggest event of the summer.
White said he doesn't know what substance was detected in Jones' test, but acknowledged that this violation could lead to a multiyear suspension for one of the UFC's biggest stars.
After Jones beat Cormier by clear decision in their first meeting in January 2015, the UFC announced that Jones had tested positive for apparent cocaine use before the fight. The detected cocaine metabolite was not banned for out-of-competition use by the Nevada Athletic Commission, which claimed it couldn't stop him from fighting.
But Jones' behavior outside the cage repeatedly has hampered his meteoric rise inside his sport. Shortly after his first positive drug test, he was suspended for several months in 2015 due to his involvement in a hit-and-run accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where the upstate New York native lives and trains.
Jones' manager, Malki Kawa, didn't immediately return a message Wednesday night.
Jones and Cormier appeared at the UFC 200 news conference earlier Wednesday, trading their usual insults and glares in a rivalry that has festered for years. Cormier won the vacated light heavyweight title during Jones' suspension, but acknowledged his reign wouldn't be real until he beat Jones in the cage.
Cormier was downbeat when he appeared alongside White at the hastily arranged news conference, realizing he is likely to miss out on millions from his share of the pay-per-view revenue unless a late replacement fight can be booked. The former U.S. Olympic wrestler said he is "not the moral police. It's not my place to judge him."
"For all that I knew, he looked like he was doing good," Cormier added. "He said all the right things."
Jones' UFC suspension was lifted in October 2015, and he returned to competition in April with a victory over Ovince Saint Preux. Jones was scheduled to meet Cormier in that bout, but Cormier pulled out with a foot injury.
White said the UFC would attempt to book another fight for Cormier, but isn't sure it could find a reasonable opponent on such short notice. Cormier would get some compensation if he misses out on the UFC 200 card, which is expected to be one of the biggest sellers in MMA history.
"When you have the biggest, baddest fight card ever assembled, it doesn't sting as bad when you lose a fight," White said. "But it stings real bad for Daniel Cormier. It's devastating to him in every possible way."
The main event of UFC 200 has now been changed twice. Conor McGregor was slated to meet Nate Diaz in a rematch, but the bout was bumped to next month after McGregor wrangled with the UFC over money and promotional obligations, even briefly claiming he was retiring.
UFC 200 still features two title fights and the return of Lesnar, the biggest pay-per-view star in UFC history.

UFC 200 ain't going so well.

Anderson Silva takes Jones' place at UFC 200 vs Cormier (http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Anderson-Silva-takes-Jones-place-at-UFC-200-vs-8347179.php)
Greg Beacham, Ap Sports Writer Updated 4:46 am, Friday, July 8, 2016

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/50/04/12/10502799/3/920x920.jpg
Photo: John Locher, AP
Dana White, right, holds back Daniel Cormier during a UFC 200 mixed martial arts news conference Wednesday, July 6, 2016, in Las Vegas. Cormier is scheduled to fight Jon Jones in a light heavyweight championship fight at UFC 200 on Saturday.

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Anderson Silva will replace Jon Jones at UFC 200, taking on light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier on two days' notice.
One day after Jones apparently failed a doping test, the UFC decided to replace him with one of the greatest fighters in mixed martial arts history for the promotion's biggest show of the summer.
The 41-year-old Silva (33-7) reigned as the middleweight champion for nearly seven years, but he hasn't earned a victory in four fights since October 2012. He was hit with a doping suspension that invalidated his only win in that stretch, and he had surgery to remove his gall bladder just seven weeks ago, forcing him to drop out of a scheduled fight in his native Brazil.
"I haven't trained in a few months, but I think I'm in good condition to go in there and put on a good fight," a smiling Silva said through a translator at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
Silva and Cormier will have a three-round, non-title bout in the third slot on the five-fight pay-per-view card, UFC President Dana White said. Although Silva claims to be in solid shape, he wasn't ready to accept a five-round fight, the required length to fight for a championship belt.
"Anderson is giving Daniel the opportunity to fight, to make money and to perform on UFC 200," White said. "So if Anderson wants three rounds, if Anderson wants two rounds, he'll get it."
The UFC also changed the bout order for the second time in 24 hours, promoting Miesha Tate's bantamweight title fight against Amanda Nunes to the main event.
Brock Lesnar's comeback fight against Mark Hunt had been named the main event immediately after Jones' disqualification, but said it was "the right thing to do" to give the prime spot to Tate and Nunes, who are in the only non-interim title bout remaining on the stacked card.
Silva realizes he is accepting a daunting task to step in against Cormier, the UFC's vaunted 205-pound champion. Cormier has only lost to Jones in his MMA career, and he is coming off a full training camp for what he thought would be the defining fight of his life.
"I'm going to have to run a lot," Silva deadpanned, before quickly saying to White: "I'm joking, boss!"
Silva lost a decision to current middleweight champion Michael Bisping in his last bout, which featured another dose of the weirdness that seems to follow Silva. He prematurely celebrated knocking out Bisping during the fight, but the round had already ended.
White said veteran Dan Henderson and UFC 200 fighter Gegard Mousasi also volunteered to fight Cormier. The UFC chose Silva, who was able to pass all of the necessary medical tests in time to be cleared by the Nevada Athletic Commission.
Globo, the UFC's longtime Brazilian broadcast partner, first reported Silva would take the fight.

GeneChing
11-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Ineligible for one year.

MGSS Arbitration Panel Imposes One-Year Sanction on UFC Athlete, Jones, for Anti-Doping Policy Violation (http://ufc.usada.org/jon-jones-receives-doping-sanction/)
November 7, 2016 Sanctions By Hailey Radvillas

http://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/home-page-glove-logo-posts-300x156.jpg
November 7, 2016

USADA announced today that an independent three-member arbitration panel from McLaren Global Sports Solutions, Inc. (MGSS) has rendered its decision in the case of UFC® athlete, Jon Jones, of Rochester, N.Y., and determined that Jones should receive the maximum one-year period of ineligibility for his anti-doping policy violation. This decision comes after the facts of the case were presented and fully argued at a day-long evidentiary hearing on October 31, 2016.

Jones, 29, tested positive for the presence of two prohibited substances, clomiphene and letrozole, following an out-of-competition urine test on June 16, 2016.Clomiphene and letrozole are both Specified Substances in the class of Hormone and Metabolic Modulators and are prohibited at all times under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, which has adopted the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List. Under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, the standard sanction for a policy violation involving a Specified Substance is a one-year period of ineligibility.

http://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/2016_08_31-AAA-Award-Rivera.jpg
View the Decision (http://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/Award-6-November-2016.pdf)

Depending on the athlete’s degree of fault for the doping offense, the sanction for an anti-doping policy violation involving Specified Substances can range from a reprimand and no period of ineligibility, up to the standard one-year period of ineligibility. Here, the MGSS Panel, comprised entirely of specially trained arbitrators from the Court of Arbitration for Sport, concluded that Jones’ degree of fault was at the very top end of the scale.

Jones’ one-year period of ineligibility began on July 6, 2016, the date of his provisional sanction. In addition, Jones has been disqualified from all competitive results obtained on and subsequent to July 6, 2016, including forfeiture of any title, ranking, purse, or other compensation.

USADA conducts the year-round, independent anti-doping program for all UFC athletes. USADA is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental agency whose sole mission is to preserve the integrity of competition, inspire true sport, and protect the rights of clean athletes. In an effort to aid UFC athletes, as well as their support team members, in understanding the rules applicable to them, USADA provides comprehensive instruction on the UFC Anti-Doping Program website (www.ufc.usada.org) regarding the testing process and prohibited substances, how to obtain permission to use a necessary medication, and the risks and dangers of taking supplements as well as performance-enhancing and recreational drugs. In addition, the agency manages a drug reference hotline, Drug Reference Online (www.ufc.globaldro.com), conducts educational sessions, and proactively distributes a multitude of educational materials, such as the Prohibited List, easy-reference wallet cards, and periodic athlete alerts.

GeneChing
11-09-2016, 09:10 AM
I just got this press release:

FLOSPORTS ANNOUNCES JON JONES AND DAN HENDERSON TO HEADLINE SUBMISSION UNDERGROUND 2 ON FLOGRAPPLING.COM

MMA Stars Miesha Tate And Jessica Eye Co-Headline Dec. 11 Event
To Determine Best Submission Fighters In The World
AUSTIN, TX November 9, 2016 — FloSports today announced that it has reached a verbal agreement with Jon Jones and Dan Henderson for the decorated fighters to headline Submission Underground 2 on Dec. 11. The event, co-presented by FloSports and Chael Sonnen, will be streamed live to an international audience exclusively on FloGrappling.com.

Along with Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson, FloSports also has reached verbal agreements with former UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Miesha Tate and well-known MMA veteran Jessica Eye, who will co-headline the submission-only event in a rematch of their July 2015 fight.

The undercard fights will be announced on a future date.

“Every fight fan has been anxious to see Jon Jones go toe-to-toe with Dan Henderson ever since their first scheduled fight was cancelled due to injury,” Sonnen said. “These guys want to compete against each other, and both believe they will win. I couldn’t be more thrilled to see them face off in a submission-only format.

“With Miesha Tate and Jessica Eye also on board, I can guarantee you there has never been a better submission fighting promotion than Submission Underground 2. We started this event with the goal to determine who the greatest grappler alive is. On Dec. 11, we’re delivering on that promise.”

Submission Underground 2, which will be hosted at Roseland Theater in Portland, Oreg., will use a cage instead of a standard grappling mat.

“Submission grappling is one of the purest forms of fighting, and we’re excited to showcase some of the best fighters in the world,” FloSports co-founder and CEO Martin Floreani said. “Submission Underground 1 featured some incredible matchups with Vinny Magalhaes defeating Ronny Markes with a heel hook and Fabiano Scherner submitting Ricco Rodriguez via arm bar. We anticipate more fireworks Dec. 11.”

To access the live coverage and replays of Submission Underground 2, users must sign up to become FloPRO subscribers on FloGrappling.com. Monthly and annual FloPRO subscriptions are $20 and $150, respectively. Yearly subscribers also gain access to premium content across the FloSports network of sites.

FloSports content is available on all screens now with the recent launch of the FloSports’ Roku and Apple TV apps.

Tickets for the event can be purchased at the Roseland Theater box office.

To learn more, visit FloGrappling.com.

About FloSports
FloSports is a direct-to-consumer, subscription-based sports media company based in Austin, Texas, that partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Tennis, Pro Wrestling, Gymnastics, Marching, Basketball, Volleyball, eSports, Rodeo, Climbing, Swimming, Cheerleading, and Track.

boxerbilly
11-10-2016, 04:53 PM
I used to have verbal problems with police too. I think it is a Rochester thing. Confrontational as hell.

I had a DWI I pled guilty too when I was 20. "Brand new car. Oak tree you're in my way." ( Actually think it was a willow ).A week prior I was fighting 2 police officers in my mothers front yard. DRUNK ! I lost.

I hope he figures stuff out and stops drinking and driving. I am so grateful I did not kill anyone.

GeneChing
08-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Regardless of the flagging, it's always weird for me to hear White call a grown man 'kid'.

UFC: Champ Jon Jones flagged for another failed doping test (http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/UFC-Champ-Jon-Jones-flagged-for-another-failed-11951357.php)
Greg Beacham, Ap Sports Writer Updated 9:08 pm, Tuesday, August 22, 2017

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/64/75/11/13881939/3/920x920.jpg
Photo: Jeffrey T. Barnes, AP
FILE - In this April 9, 2017, file photo, mixed martial arts fighter Jon Jones watches a bout at UFC 210 in Buffalo, N.Y. Light heavyweight champion Jones has been notified of another potential violation of the UFC's anti-doping policy. The UFC announced the potential violation Tuesday night, Aug. 22, for Jones, widely considered the top pound-for-pound fighter in mixed martial arts.

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Jon Jones could face a lengthy suspension from mixed martial arts after the UFC light heavyweight champion was notified Tuesday of his second potential violation of the promotion's anti-doping policy.
Jones is widely considered the top pound-for-pound fighter in his sport. The potential violation stems from a sample collected after his weigh-in July 28 for his title fight against Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 in Anaheim, California.
Jones (23-1) beat Cormier with a vicious third-round head kick, reclaiming his 205-pound belt after sitting out the previous year under suspension for his first failed doping test. The victory appeared to be a return to glory for a fighter who has repeatedly hindered his stellar career with misbehavior outside the octagon.
Jones was stripped of his belt in 2015 after his arrest for his involvement in a hit-and-run accident. He was scheduled to fight Cormier for the title in July 2016, but was pulled from the UFC 200 card and eventually suspended for what he claimed was a failed test due to a sexual enhancement pill.
Last month, the 30-year-old Jones emphatically denied he has ever used performance-enhancing drugs.
Jones hasn't yet been stripped of his light heavyweight title for a second time, but it will be a formality if the doping violation is confirmed. Cormier held the belt for most of Jones' absence, and he will likely be the champion again, UFC President Dana White said.
"Jon and I have been mad at each other since UFC 200, but the reality is we've been here for this kid every step of the way," White said. "How many times did I fly to Albuquerque when he was in trouble? The list goes on and on, what we've done for this guy. It's really sad."
Jones' camp and his manager, Malki Kawa, released a statement: "We are all at a complete loss for words right now. Jon, his trainers, his nutritionists and his entire camp have worked tirelessly and meticulously the past 12 months to avoid this exact situation. We are having the samples tested again to determine the validity or source of contamination. Jon is crushed by this news and we are doing whatever we can as a team, to support him."
In a statement, Cormier said he was "disappointed" and "very emotional" about the news.
"In my mind, on July 29, I competed and I lost," said Cormier, who is on vacation in Hawaii with his family. "I thought Jon Jones was the better man that day. I don't know what to think anymore. I can't believe we are going through all of this again. We will see what happens next."
If the violation is confirmed, Jones is almost certain to face a multiyear suspension from the sport, taking away even more of his fighting prime. The UFC also will be harmed by the lengthy absence of its best fighter and a burgeoning pay-per-view draw.
The penalties for a second offense range from one to four years, depending on several aggravating or mitigating circumstances, said Jeff Novitzky, the UFC's vice president of athlete health and performance.
"Jon definitely has one penalty under the system," Novitzky said. "So the second penalty, if it were to come to that, basically doubles the amount of the first."
White revealed that the UFC was hoping to book Jones in a fight against heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic in Detroit later this year. Instead, two divisions have been thrown into turmoil.
The UFC also could lose its dream matchup between Jones and former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. The superstars both appeared eager to meet next year in a heavyweight fight that would be among the biggest events in the UFC's history.
"It's not over yet," White said. "He's got to go through the (legal) process. Maybe there was something crazy that happened for this stuff to get into his system. So I don't know."
USADA administers the UFC's doping policy. The California State Athletic Commission also has jurisdiction over Jones' test.

GeneChing
10-05-2017, 07:59 AM
There's a vid but the article says it all.

Report: Jon Jones’ B sample also positive for failed UFC 214 drug test (https://fansided.com/2017/09/12/report-jon-jones-b-sample-also-positive-failed-ufc-214-drug-test/)
by Mike Heck3 weeks agoFollow @MikeHeck_JR

The news has gone from bad to worse for Jon Jones as his B sample has come up positive from his pre-UFC 214 drug test.

Whatever positivity remained for Jon Jones seems to have gone away according to Tuesday night’s latest developments.

According to ESPN’s Brett Okamoto, Jones, who tested positive for steroids stemming from a pre-fight drug test on July 28,, also had his B sample come back as positive for a banned substance. The UFC has yet to make a statement on the latest developments.

Jones, who made what seemed to be a triumphant comeback by defeating Daniel Cormier in Anaheim back in July to re-capture the UFC light heavyweight title, will more than likely have his victory overturned to a no-contest. After the initial report of the failed drug test the day before UFC 214, the UFC had confirmed the positive test but did not strip Jones of the title.

The story took an interesting turn when it was reported that Jones passed his blood test on July 29 after his victory over Cormier. It was also important to note that Turinabol, which is the anabolic steroid Jones failed for, can only be tested in urine and not blood. According to ESPN’s report on Tuesday, Jones has been made aware of the B sample test results.

Jones and his team say they are trying to figure out how the steroid got into his system, and are leaning towards a tainted supplement. Prior to UFC 200, Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers which removed him from his headline fight with Cormier. While it was proven that the sexual enhancement pills Jones took were found to be tainted, he was still suspended for one year due to negligence.

The California State Athletic Commission had confirmed that Jones passed multiple drug tests leading into UFC 214. The CSAC has yet to respond to the latest reports and has not officially changed the status of Jones’ victory at this time. Jones’ manager Malki Kawa feels that something is fishy in this situation

“I’m encouraging everyone to go out there and take a look at the tests he passed and the test he failed,” Kawa said while appearing on The MMA Hour last month. “It’s a three-week window the month of the fight. Jon has passed seven unannounced tests, and the one he’s going to fail is the one that’s announced? It’s weird to me, there’s a lot of things here that don’t add up, and to the UFC, it doesn’t add up.

The maximum penalty that Jones can face is a four-year suspension due to the fact it is his second offense. He would have sanctions passed down not only from CSAC but also USADA, and will have to accept the stronger penalty.

The roller coaster that is the career of Jon Jones continues to move at a fast and furious pace. A man considered one of, if the the greatest, fighters of all-time could be put in a position to not be able to return to the Octagon until the age of 34. While Jones is entitled to due process, it certainly is not looking good for one of the best to ever compete in the sport of mixed martial arts.

GeneChing
07-22-2019, 10:39 AM
so exemplary... :(

UFC's Jones faces battery charge after incident (https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27237440/ufc-jones-faces-battery-charge-incident)
8:01 AM PT
Marc Raimondi
ESPN Staff Writer

UFC champion Jon Jones is facing a battery charge stemming from an alleged April incident in Albuquerque, New Mexico, ESPN confirmed Monday.

Jones, who holds the UFC light heavyweight title, is accused of slapping a cocktail waitress in her genital area at a strip club, pulling her down to his lap and kissing her neck, according to the criminal summons obtained by ESPN from the Albuquerque Police Department. KRQE television in Albuquerque was the first to report the news.

The woman told Albuquerque police that Jones put her in a chokehold and picked her up off the ground, per the news station. When she asked Jones to stop, she said Jones continued touching her until he decided to leave.

The charge was listed in court records as a petty misdemeanor, but a conviction can still carry jail time.

Jones' spokesperson James Hallinan told KRQE that Jones was unaware of the charge until his team was contacted by KRQE. Per online court records, a letter sent to Jones by Albuquerque police was returned in June. A bench warrant was issued for Jones on June 12 when he failed to show up for a bond arraignment. Jones paid a $300 cash bond Sunday. His next court date is not yet scheduled.

"Today, the media told Mr. Jones about a false accusation launched against him and that paperwork had been sent to an incorrect address," Hallinan said in a statement to KRQE. "However, after receiving the documents from the press, Mr. Jones immediately went to pay the small fee, and he, and multiple witnesses, stand ready to factually refute the malicious lies being told about him to the public."

Jones, an Albuquerque resident, tweeted about the situation Monday morning, writing he is "definitely not in any trouble."

"Don't be so quick to believe everything you read on the Internet," Jones wrote.

The woman told police that she was serving Jones and his brother at the strip club. She did not mention Jones' brother by name. Both of his brothers, Chandler and Arthur, are NFL veterans. Jones, the woman said, had been asking her to give him a lap dance repeatedly, but she refused due to club policy because she was a waitress and not one of the dancers. She said Jones at one point pulled her onto his lap and kissed her neck.

Later, the woman told police that Jones was waiting for shots from the bar when he put her in a "tight" rear-naked choke. She said she joked that he can put her in a choke, but she can't put him in one because she wasn't tall enough. Jones then picked her up off the ground, turned her in the air and was "roughhousing" with her, she told police.

She said Jones then placed her down by the bar and smacked her in her genital region. The woman said she told Jones twice he couldn't smack her there unless he paid her $100. She said Jones "continued to touch her until he decided to leave the establishment."

Per the criminal summons, the woman told police of Jones: "I just don't want to deal with this person. I think he is a f---ing piece of s---. The whole situation is so complicated and I'm not really sure what to say and this person gets away with f---ing everything."

Jones, 32, has been in legal trouble before. In 2012, Jones pleaded guilty to a DWI charge. He pleaded guilty to felony hit-and-run in 2015 and received probation and community service. In 2016, Jones violated his probation for allegedly drag racing. The New York native's probation was up in March 2017.

On top of the time he missed dealing with those situations, Jones has missed Octagon time due to two failed drug tests administered by UFC anti-doping partner USADA over the past three years. Most recently, Jones was suspended 15 months for a positive drug test for a steroid metabolite in July 2017.

Jones (25-1, 1 NC) is coming off a successful title defense against Thiago Santos earlier this month at UFC 239 in Las Vegas. Jones has never really been beaten in MMA, with his only loss coming in 2009 by disqualification for illegal elbows. He is regarded as perhaps the greatest pound-for-pound mixed martial arts fighter of all time.