PDA

View Full Version : Fox News lies about journalists being used as human shields

MasterKiller
03-22-2011, 09:22 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110322/ts_yblog_thecutline/cnn-correspondent-slams-fox-over-human-shields-report

CNN senior international correspondent Nic Robertson blasted Fox News on Monday for its report that Libyan authorities used him and other journalists as "human shields" in order to prevent an attack on Muammar Gadhafi's compound in Tripoli the night before. Robertson said Fox News' "allegation is outrageous and it's absolutely hypocritical."

BJJ-Blue
04-05-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm not debating the article MK posted, but NATO now says that Libya is using human shields.

"Efforts to prevent forces loyal to Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi from attacking civilians have been complicated by weather and the regime's decision to hide military equipment in populated areas and use civilians as human shields in Misrata and other areas, NATO Brig. Gen. Marc van Uhm said Tuesday.

Rebel leaders have criticized NATO's efforts in recent days, saying civilians and rebel forces in Misrata and elsewhere have suffered under hellish attacks from pro-Gadhafi forces with little evidence of NATO air power overhead.

Van Uhm, chief of allied operations at NATO, defended the organization's efforts, saying warplanes under NATO command flew 58 strike missions on Monday, firing weapons and striking pro-Gadhafi targets on 14 of them."

Source (complete article):
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/04/05/libya.war/index.html?hpt=T2

sanjuro_ronin
04-05-2011, 08:21 AM
That crazy Ghadafi, LOL !
Putting down armed rebels !!
Mad I tell you, MAD !!!

I am sure that if a group of armed rebels tried to take power from Obama or any other president, by force, they'd all be sitting down and having a nice cold beer with them.
:D

Lucas
04-05-2011, 08:49 AM
isnt that you handle your rebels sanjuro? a nice chat over a brewski right before they die from the poisoned beer?

sanjuro_ronin
04-05-2011, 08:55 AM
isnt that you handle your rebels sanjuro? a nice chat over a brewski right before they die from the poisoned beer?

Ninja 101 !

Lucas
04-05-2011, 09:08 AM
lol word. gotta keep the basics sharp!

Syn7
04-06-2011, 11:49 AM
That crazy Ghadafi, LOL !
Putting down armed rebels !!
Mad I tell you, MAD !!!

I am sure that if a group of armed rebels tried to take power from Obama or any other president, by force, they'd all be sitting down and having a nice cold beer with them.
:D

nope... you beat them into submission... if you gotta kill em, you gotta kill em... my issues with gaddhafi arent that he is fighting to maintain his power... but im also a firm believer that the truly great men of this world dont seek power... his time is up... its just a matter of how long now... but theres no way his kid will be taking over permanently...