PDA

View Full Version : 540 kick

Good, better, Me
09-04-2001, 07:37 PM
I know this is a really dumb question, but can any of you people do the 540 degree spinning jumping kick? How can I practise this? I can only do the 360 but this 640 seems very difficult.

"The students will eventually become like the teacher, so pick a good teacher :)"

Stranger
09-04-2001, 08:01 PM
I can't even do a regular kick, but training is training so here it goes. You need to work explosvive power in your legs (plyometrics). If you don't launch well, I can't see you having the time to revolve 540 degrees.

You are also going to need strong core muscles (back and abs) as this will provide your rotational power. This does not mean sit ups. They develope muscular endurance and you need the ability to powerfully contract your core muscles to accelerate your rotation.

Make sure you don't overlook those muscle groups that really pull the rotation around (adductors, abductors, obliques).

Keep trying. The stronger the necessary muscles are, the more flexible your body (so no power is lost in tension), the more relaxed your mind, the more likely the technique will come in time. I magine you'll find yourself getting further and further around until you reach your goal.

I'm going to go practice my lowly front kick now. :(

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Robinf
09-04-2001, 09:35 PM
Get your torso spinning, then power over with your legs; but be sure you get that torso going and keep it going, your legs kind of follow.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.